The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 is still better than Sims 4?

Comments

• Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited June 2015
    Himynameis wrote: »
    The Sims 3 is defiantly the worst in the series. I can't stand the hideous sims, the bland, empty game play, the atrocious loading screens, the horrendous amounts of lags and glitches and just the dull atmosphere of the game.
    Is the Sims 4 perfect? Of course not. But people saying that it's a cash cow seem to forget the Sims 3 store and the fact that the empty stuff packs costed $20 USD and that the EP's added very, very, very shallow game play.
    The Sims 2, however, is still the best game but the Sims 4 has the potential to be even better. But they NEED to add in Toddlers, Story Progression and cars. (Toddlers and cars being the only two things cut from the game because they were the only two things they promised that weren't in the game.)
    Putting aside your opinions on Sims 3: how is Sims 4 gameplay not empty and bland? What exactly makes it stand out for you?

(there's only culling in my S3 game when I have one of my own sims living alone, so I make sure to not do that)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,427 Member
    How an unstable complete game can be better than a stable and partial game ?

It's same to compare a cake and a cake batter. Until the cake is not finished you can't say how much it will be good.
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member

It's same to compare a cake and a cake batter. Until the cake is not finished you can't say how much it will be good.

What's the point of having a stable game if there's nothing to do in it?

--T
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member

It's not stable. I'm sorry but when you have to uninstall/reinstall every patch like I do, or press repair every time your fridge glitches or whatever that shows me that this game is not all that stable. Certainly not enough for its sacrifices. And like @To7m says, whats the point of a half empty game where you can't have the sims experience you love?!
  • Options
    DarleymikeyDarleymikey Posts: 4,047 Member
    I've never heard of anyone in real life [...] peeing like a champion...

-Be a male
    -Be in college
    -Be inebriated

While that all may be true, it is in no way 'champion'. I had a roommate who used to 'throw up' like a champion. I had to empty his sheets when he fell asleep and threw-up, as I was afraid he'd drown, or worse, it would fall on me.
    wallshot_zps9l41abih.jpg
  • Options
    I think people are confusing bugs and lagging with content. It's all good and well having a smooth running game but when you're smoothly doing the same thing over and over and over and over I start to wonder....

TS3 beats TS4 hands down because it OFFERS more. I don't care if it lags because I'm getting the content that I feel meets the price I am paying for it. TS4 does not do that.

--T
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    To7m wrote: »
    I think people are confusing bugs and lagging with content. It's all good and well having a smooth running game but when you're smoothly doing the same thing over and over and over and over I start to wonder....

TS3 beats TS4 hands down because it OFFERS more. I don't care if it lags because I'm getting the content that I feel meets the price I am paying for it. TS4 does not do that.

--T

It offers more because it is a complete (and finished) game. S4 will continue to expand. And in the long run, and in my opinion will blow S3 out of the water when it's all said and done.
  • Options
    fullspiral wrote: »

--T

It offers more because it is a complete (and finished) game. S4 will continue to expand. And in the long run, and in my opinion will blow S3 out of the water when it's all said and done.

I'm sorry, but you make no sense. You cannot compare TS4 with any expansions to TS3 BASE GAME (which is what we're doing here, comparing BASE GAMES).

EA have already admitted that the game was not finished in time so no matter what ANYBODY says nobody can deny that.

TS3 has countless things that TS4 should have but doesn't - that is not a complete and finished game.

Now, if you want to compare TS3+EP's to TS4+EP's you're gonna have to wait until it's run its course - which probably won't be very long if things continue to go the way they are.

--T
  • Options
    Bubbles_19Bubbles_19 Posts: 476 Member
    edited September 2015
    Sorry but I have to say: To all those people comparing TS4 to TS3 and ALL of its EP's and SP's, that's an unfair comparison. Yes TS4 was an incomplete game when it came out in September (which is why I waited 6 months before buying it) and it still needs some improvements. Remember that after all the bugs and glitches in TS3 (I love TS3 but it did bug out even on the most powerful systems), they wanted to try something different that wouldn't do the same and TS4 is the result of that. While TS4 runs smoother and faster than TS3, I think they were focusing too much on how smooth it runs and not enough on the content and that's the issue. I think it still has the potential to be a great game though-without changing to an open world format which is very unlikely to happen.

:)
    Post edited by Bubbles_19 on
    mario%20gif_zpstweslqlh.gif

Simming since '09.
  • Options

--T

What's the point of eating the cake batter ?
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member

--T

Cake batter is life. <3
    It's tastier than the cake itself.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Basegame-wise: Sims 3 at least have sims reacting to life events and crying toddlers (which only Sims 3 base game has at the moment vs Sims 4 base)/babies/etc. :( And, pretty sure sims can talk to each other while fishing, too, in the base game?
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited June 2015
    No studios develop a complete game in only 1 year.

It requires at least 3 years.

What point are you trying to make by that?
    • The Sims 4/Maxis should be excused because it was only in development as a single player game for 1 year?
    • The fact that we were sold an unfinished game at a price that OTHER companies charge their COMPLETED games at release?
    • The fact that they're relying on us to spend even MORE money on DLC to complete this thing?
    It's inexcusable -- there are no excuses. Take a look at what other companies are doing with their products. They're innovating, they're actually improving upon them, and they're actively listening to their fans and actually KEEPING their word on doing so. The Sims has been stagnating since 2009, and open world/CASt in TS3 weren't a big enough innovation IMHO, so it's been even longer than that.
  • Options
    Sequels/next iterations/whatever should have all of the main features of the previous base, and then build on those. Bethesda gets its. Heck, looks like they've been paying attention to the popular mods. Wish Maxis got it.

http://www.gamespot.com/videos/has-fallout-4-won-e3-2015-already/2300-6425293/#ftag=YHFede6394
    wallshot_zps9l41abih.jpg
  • Options

--T

What's the point of your comment?

If the cake batter tastes like plum it's probably very safe to say once cooked, the cake will also taste like plum. And yeah, I'm talking about the fruit. So really, the batter says a lot about the cake!

Good day!

--T
  • Options
    edited June 2015

[cut]...What's the point of eating the cake batter ?
    Um...what?

So...if I go by what you're saying, I'm interpreting it as:

TS4 is a half-baked game (because it had a shorter development process due to scrapped online project) compared to a more baked Sims 3 (which had longer development process), is what you saying, lol? ;)

Is that the point you're trying to make?
    (She/her)
  • Options
    edited June 2015

Um...what?

TS4 is a half-baked game (because it had a shorter development process due to scrapped online project) compared to a more baked Sims 3 (which had longer development process), is what you saying, lol? ;)

Yes but TS4 is still baking

"Patience always pays off"

• Options

Um...what?

Yes but TS4 is still baking

"Patience always pays off"

But, if the batter is flawed, wouldn't the final baked item be flawed as well? (At least, that's what I understood about baking: you mostly can't affect the final product once it's become a batter or something like that?)

Question is: Sims 3 was more "baked" than Sims4 (despite its, er, moody nature, lol), but it still had some unaddressed flaws, so...would Sims 4 be any better in the end? Would the company learn its mistakes from last time?

Also, would the "baked" product "taste" as good?
    (She/her)
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »

What point are you trying to make by that?
    • The Sims 4/Maxis should be excused because it was only in development as a single player game for 1 year?
    • The fact that we were sold an unfinished game at a price that OTHER companies charge their COMPLETED games at release?
    • The fact that they're relying on us to spend even MORE money on DLC to complete this thing?
    It's inexcusable -- there are no excuses. Take a look at what other companies are doing with their products. They're innovating, they're actually improving upon them, and they're actively listening to their fans and actually KEEPING their word on doing so. The Sims has been stagnating since 2009, and open world/CASt in TS3 weren't a big enough innovation IMHO, so it's been even longer than that.

Yes, yes, yes!!!!!

There is no way us, the customers, should be suffering due to their daft Olympus decisions. But here we are...
  • Options
    KarenKaren Posts: 29 Member
    I know, i got the game just a few days ago and im so bored with it. Its a money racket, buying expansions and DLCs to get things that should have been in the base game!
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    @Sk8rblaze

Cookies are better than Brownies ? Both are cakes but it's not the same taste and the same recipe.
    People want to eat cookies forever because the brownies are not cookies ?

I love to taste new cakes even if there are "no toddler", "no open world", "no CASt" in the recipe.
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    The Sims has been stagnating since 2009, and open world/CASt in TS3 weren't a big enough innovation IMHO, so it's been even longer than that.
    If you are tired to eat cakes (The Sims) maybe you should eat fruits (Minecraft :p)

• Options
    EvieEvermoreEvieEvermore Posts: 18 Member
    edited June 2015
    No matter how many features they add to The sims 4 will always make me feel claustrophobic. the Sims 1,2, and 3 are all really fun open ended sandbox style games. the only limit is your imagination ! where as with the sims 4 everything is dictated (work, school, goals). its like one of those choose your own adventure books that kids like to read. great the first time around however once read there really is no reason to reread the book. there is no randomness or cause and effect, the sims 4 sims are merely puppets. there is no replay value.

oh btw
    raw cookie dough > all else
  • Options
    Bubbles_19 wrote: »
    Sorry but I have to say: To all those people comparing TS4 to TS3 and ALL of its EP's and SP's, that's an unfair comparison. Yes TS4 was an incomplete game when it came out in September (which is why I waited 6 months before buying it) and it still needs some improvements. Remember that after all the bugs and glitches in TS3 (I love TS3 but it did bug out even on the most powerful systems), they wanted to try something different that wouldn't do the same and TS4 is the result of that. While TS4 runs smoother and faster than TS4, I think they were focusing too much on how smooth it runs and not enough on the content and that's the issue. I think it still has the potential to be a great game though-without changing to an open world format which is very unlikely to happen.

:)

Almost all comparisons are base to base.
    wallshot_zps9l41abih.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top