Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA silence on family play and family play fans

Comments

• Options
    simspeaker4simspeaker4 Posts: 5,999 Member
    This thread seems to be getting bitter and twisted. Is hope completely fading? :(

For some people, the hope has already died. :'(
    I am a perfectly decrepit withered old hag who enjoys self-mockery.

Need help falling asleep? http://wry7000.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    ecm18ecm18 Posts: 71 Member
    I refuse to shell out more $ while they create another handful of packs about partying :grimace:
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    This thread seems to be getting bitter and twisted. Is hope completely fading? :(

In reality, my hope disappeared ages ago. I've been convinced for a long time that toddlers are never coming, family play will not be significantly improved and the emotions system will always be what it is now. But other people seemed to have so much fighting spirit I thought they'd never give up.
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member

In reality, my hope disappeared ages ago. I've been convinced for a long time that toddlers are never coming, family play will not be significantly improved and the emotions system will always be what it is now. But other people seemed to have so much fighting spirit I thought they'd never give up.

I've not given up hope buy I'm mighty fed up of being treated poorly by EA. I've put a lot into running this thread peacefully and with great ideas and insights into what their customers want and nothing is good enough for EA. I'm tired and I feel crushed that they throw that aside while they cater to the 'haves' and pretend those of us who were made into 'have nots' by their cuts languish in the corner being told to be 'patient', being called 'haters' and all the while being out a lot of money for the privilege. It's without doubt the worst customer service I've ever received in my entire life.

They say they want feedback but so often they hide it away and the same themed packs keep coming without the work on the base that's so desperately needed. They don't seem to see the wood for the trees and I'm disappointed because I know they are capable of so much more. They just choose not to bother.
  • Options
    SajahiSajahi Posts: 17 Member
    >
    > They say they want feedback but so often they hide it away and the same themed packs keep coming without the work on the base that's so desperately needed. They don't seem to see the wood for the trees and I'm disappointed because I know they are capable of so much more. They just choose not to bother.

This^ It's depressing. Sims 4 is the only sims game I regret buying, as has been said premium price for a lacking base game.
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    Bad news. SimGuruTrevor posted another word game thing and people have worked out that he is hinting dj booths and dance floors. I'm done with this game.

You do realize this is just specualation???? They can't say what they are working on.
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    I promised a few pics so here they are.

This is Opal Winter, Sapphire's Mom. She is currently residing in one of the penthouse apartments in town with her pup Amber. She will be joining the legacy family soon. She is not your typical elder sim.
    18773043941_25d05b15be_z.jpg

Bekka and Suma getting to know each other.
    18147743684_7564a148d3_z.jpg

Amelia exploring and a bit upset she couldn't get down the steps. It was early evening so sorry for the dark pic.
    18582559728_8f0a07bc8c_z.jpg

Quinn has just learned to walk and is making up time exploring around the house and outside.
    18582543348_a04f4975f2_z.jpg

All those chairs in the dining room and Bailey does her homework on the floor. :)
    18149674403_f661c3e8ce_z.jpg
  • Options
    Wildley CuriousWildley Curious Posts: 5,349 Member
    @bekkasan Where did you get that blue hair for your toddler? I love it!
    “I was so sure that I knew what they needed and what I wanted to sell them that I never stopped long enough to find out what it was they wanted to buy.”
    ― Chris Murray, The Extremely Successful Salesman's Club
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    @greylady2010 It is a cc hair...will look and see if I can find it for you. I thought it was cute for kids and toddlers.

Found it. This is it # 005. Skysims has beautiful hair! It is TSR site and I know some have problems with it because of ads. I just am really careful about my mouse on the pages.
    http://www.thesimsresource.com/artists/Skysims/downloads/details/category/sims3-hair-hairstyles-male/title/skysims-hair-005--toddler/id/1135233/
    Post edited by bekkasan on
  • Options
    Sara74469Sara74469 Posts: 513 Member
    GUYS I HAVE AN IDEA. I know not everyone likes to mod their game (I am one of those people) but what if someone just makes a mod giving toddlers and other stuff family players like myself want!! Instead of complaining to maxis and EA go spam the mod makers!!!!
  • Options
    bekkasan wrote: »
    @greylady2010 It is a cc hair...will look and see if I can find it for you. I thought it was cute for kids and toddlers.

Thank you!
    “I was so sure that I knew what they needed and what I wanted to sell them that I never stopped long enough to find out what it was they wanted to buy.”
  • Options
    JessicaSimstonJessicaSimston Posts: 2,519 Member
    edited June 2015
    I've gone and treated myself to the remaining TS3 dlc that I never got round to buying. I'm completley and utterly done with TS4, pics soon :)
  • Options
    OpheliaMay wrote: »
    @JessicaSimston , are you kidding me!? Can you post a link to where people are trying to work out what Guru Trev is saying? I would like to see how they're figuring it out.

You may have found is by now, but here it is. http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/13739099/#Comment_13739099

Sorry for the late reply!
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    alan650111 wrote: »
    Bad news. SimGuruTrevor posted another word game thing and people have worked out that he is hinting dj booths and dance floors. I'm done with this game.

You do realize this is just specualation???? They can't say what they are working on.

And I hope it turns out to be wrong, but I wouldn't be surprised if the idea was correct.

My hope for Sims 4 died months ago.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    ThrippaThrippa Posts: 678 Member
    Okay, I think I've finally figured out how to get pics from Sims 2. Testing . . .

Test%202.png

testing . . .

Test.png

Not pictures of particularly much, except dog-bathing at 1 am. Although the 1st picture shows how the Veronaville houses have to be adapted for Seasons - all of those pretty arched doors were originally open arches! A lot of the Veronaville houses have arches or actual walls missing.

Yay, it worked! Now I can try to get some family pics up, as soon as I graduate some folks from college, lol.
  • Options
    Sara74469 wrote: »
    GUYS I HAVE AN IDEA. I know not everyone likes to mod their game (I am one of those people) but what if someone just makes a mod giving toddlers and other stuff family players like myself want!! Instead of complaining to maxis and EA go spam the mod makers!!!!

We've already asked modders and sadly they can't give us new life stages, they can only try to work with existing code :( I wish it was that easy ;)

I have pictures for you guys later :)
  • Options
    JaciJadeJaciJade Posts: 1,078 Member

All my hope faded a long time ago and find it doubtful we will ever get the game we deserve, however they took our money so I'm going to continue campaigning for toddlers and family play as long as I can. And yes, it does irk me when they give out hints for everything then clam up about family play.

Thank you EA and thank you Maxis..we got our babies back, Yay!
  • Options
    PandaORosePandaORose Posts: 549 Member
    Yea, I pretty much gave up on having a near perfect sims game. My optimism is focused on a bunch of simmers getting together to create a life sim game or hoping some competent gaming company creates one.
    2750512.gif~c200

• Options
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    I clicked on their graves only to have the option to "destroy" them. I can't believe EA stooped so low to edit the culling coding so that the mod wouldn't work! They are so selfish!
    To7m wrote: »
    I clicked on their graves only to have the option to "destroy" them. I can't believe EA stooped so low to edit the culling coding so that the mod wouldn't work! They are so selfish!

Woah! Really? That's very petty if that is the case. They've already given us culling, are they really going to take the Mod away too?

Smh

--T

Ikr. How does what mods we add in OUR personal games effect them in the slightest? Do you think I should make a thread warning people the mod isn't working?
    To7m wrote: »
    I sure hope it works. I thought the culling was not supposed to affect that generation, just much older ones. That is just sad.

Apparently EA have changed the Culling Coding so now it doesn't work with the mod...

--T

That's not been confirmed, it was just a "theory." But as far as I'm concerned, culling wasn't changed with the latest patch, so why are we getting these problems. Ugh. I wouldn't be surprised if EA messed up the mod for their own amusment.

I'm not sure if you know how game programming works, but the developers wouldn't have to change the "culling coding" for the mod to stop working. If the devs fixed bugs in other areas by improving the coding for one area, it can affect how the game works in other areas.
    So it's not that EA changed the coding for how culling works. It's the fact the mod made for the game, no longer works with how the game is programmed.

All you need to do, is revert to an earlier save, and wait for the mod to be updated (it's already been updated 3 times). This has happened since the dawn of Mods for any game. When devs fix bugs, or make improvements, it can mean the way the game is structured changes, and the mod that affects a certain part of the code, doesn't work.

---

I am sorry that you lost your Sims, but I think you're being slightly unrealistic if you think EA are purposely making mods invalid for "amusement" when changing code isn't easy nd has the risk of developers causing major bugs elsewhere.

If anything, you may find if there was tweaks to the actual code that culls in the game, EA maybe slowly working on it behind the scenes to change the way the game removes Sims.

Meanwhile, none of my Sims have been culled and I have the mod installed. And there isn't to many Simmers on Mod The Sims complaining about it not working. Have you got an CC?

All my graves are still intact and none of my Sims have vanished. Unless there is a townie that's gone missing.

Just saw this comment now. Nope, no cc, no anything really. I was pretty upset last night, for some weird reason making up that theory made me feel better, even though it's highley unlikely :) Anyway, I'm over it now and enjoying TS3
  • Options
    PandaORose wrote: »
    Yea, I pretty much gave up on having a near perfect sims game. My optimism is focused on a bunch of simmers getting together to create a life sim game or hoping some competent gaming company creates one.

*cough* Paradox *cough*
  • Options
    I have a family update for you :) My sims went to France because their teenage son rolled a want to go. I edited the town for the first time to set it up as a holiday resort rather than all the daft adventures I didn't want to do!
    I made a camping site at one of the fishing spots and added some fun outdoors store content :)

[img][/img]Screenshot-98_zpsoc5nlh0v.jpg

[img][/img]Screenshot-94_zpsh9wyjtz9.jpg

[img][/img]Screenshot-93_zps4mhsgj3b.jpg

[img][/img]Screenshot-100_zps5mjzrj0f.jpg

I set up a farm at the Nectary and their son loved it!
    [img][/img]Screenshot-102_zpsdqxmfxjt.jpg

[img][/img]Screenshot-105_zpsvlse21kg.jpg

[img][/img]Screenshot-106_zpspayzabuu.jpg

I actually enjoyed it a lot more than I used to with those changes! Some more screenshots to come! :)
  • Options
    PandaORosePandaORose Posts: 549 Member
    PandaORose wrote: »

*cough* Paradox *cough*

I want them soooo badly to create one too! And Rockstar (curious to see what they would come up with. Grandma with a bazooka?). And I like the idea of a bunch of simmers coming together. It would be like a romantic, underdog tale, and simmers know more about simmers and what we want. But either way, competition is definitely needed. :D I have higher hopes for competition than this franchise....and this is my favorite franchise. That's sad :(
    2750512.gif~c200

• Options

Found it. This is it # 005. Skysims has beautiful hair! It is TSR site and I know some have problems with it because of ads. I just am really careful about my mouse on the pages.
    http://www.thesimsresource.com/artists/Skysims/downloads/details/category/sims3-hair-hairstyles-male/title/skysims-hair-005--toddler/id/1135233/

Wonderful! Thank you!
  • Options
    I have a family update for you :) My sims went to France because their teenage son rolled a want to go. I edited the town for the first time to set it up as a holiday resort rather than all the daft adventures I didn't want to do!
    I made a camping site at one of the fishing spots and added some fun outdoors store content :)

[img][/img]Screenshot-98_zpsoc5nlh0v.jpg

[img][/img]Screenshot-94_zpsh9wyjtz9.jpg

[img][/img]Screenshot-93_zps4mhsgj3b.jpg

[img][/img]Screenshot-100_zps5mjzrj0f.jpg

I set up a farm at the Nectary and their son loved it!
    [img][/img]Screenshot-102_zpsdqxmfxjt.jpg

[img][/img]Screenshot-105_zpsvlse21kg.jpg

[img][/img]Screenshot-106_zpspayzabuu.jpg

I actually enjoyed it a lot more than I used to with those changes! Some more screenshots to come! :)

I love how you edited the vacation spots so your Sims could do more! They are very lucky :)
  • Options
    @sparkfairy1 Awesome holiday in France! I love going and just enjoying the atmosphere so really liked your additions to it. Looks like they had fun.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top