Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA silence on family play and family play fans

Comments

• Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    edited June 2015
    Ooh, perhaps they can lol mine - I only need another 51 to get 1000 :D

I lol'd you... Your post did make me laugh too so it's a legit LOL!!

--T

ETA: Typo!
  • Options
    MylitaMylita Posts: 4,447 Member
    I LOL when the post actually makes me laugh. Some things just tickle my funny bone. But I am laughing with you, not at you. I can't speak to anyone else's LOL though. I hope I haven't unintentionally offended anyone!

Mylita
    No friends requests, please.
  • Options
    JessicaSimstonJessicaSimston Posts: 2,519 Member
    Mylita wrote: »
    I LOL when the post actually makes me laugh. Some things just tickle my funny bone. But I am laughing with you, not at you. I can't speak to anyone else's LOL though. I hope I haven't unintentionally offended anyone!

Mylita

I'm sure it wasn't you! The posts that were loled we not funny at all and were about serious topics, if the post was actually funny then it's fine :)
  • Options
    I seriously think someone has been browsing my profile loling all my posts and checking them of as they go. Do they not have something better to do with their time? Oh well, at this rate, I'll be getting badge after badge after badge.
  • Options
    MzB06MzB06 Posts: 1,200 Member
    edited June 2015
    I seriously think someone has been browsing my profile loling all my posts and checking them of as they go. Do they not have something better to do with their time? Oh well, at this rate, I'll be getting badge after badge after badge.

I was just coming to this thread to mention this. I guess if you post in this thread you're being stalked by a mystery person, or persons, who must LOL everything we post.

Shout out to the stalker- Great Job!!! :)

giphy.gif

The support is wonderful.
  • Options
    trollnexustrollnexus Posts: 508 Member
    Maybe the LOL-troll is a secret fan of this thread but is too shy to say hi.

"Senpai...please notice me...? >3< *clicks LOL button*"
  • Options
    Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    let's move on from the topic, they might enjoy the attention.
  • Options
    Wildley CuriousWildley Curious Posts: 5,349 Member
    Folks, the Lol troll has been making the rounds, off and on, pretty much since day one. Ignore it or embrace it as you wish, but whatever you do don't let it upset you. There are too many things in this world that actually matter. :smiley: I get a giggle from it, because someone obviously has way too much time on their hands - and they've noticed me. Me! Who'd a thunk it right? Lol.
    “I was so sure that I knew what they needed and what I wanted to sell them that I never stopped long enough to find out what it was they wanted to buy.”
    ― Chris Murray, The Extremely Successful Salesman's Club
  • Options
    Folks, the Lol troll has been making the rounds, off and on, pretty much since day one. Ignore it or embrace it as you wish, but whatever you do don't let it upset you. There are too many things in this world that actually matter. :smiley: I get a giggle from it, because someone obviously has way too much time on their hands - and they've noticed me. Me! Who'd a thunk it right? Lol.

Agreed :D
  • Options
    JaciJadeJaciJade Posts: 1,078 Member
    LOL my post doesn't bother me. Still doesn't change the facts about this game. It's been out 9 months now and still no word on family play. Sighs!
    Thank you EA and thank you Maxis..we got our babies back, Yay!
  • Options
    MzB06MzB06 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Very true :(
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    I go away for the day and miss all the lol fun...bummer. My son locked his keys and cell in his car, so, Mama with the spare to the rescue and he took me to Outback as my reward so I am stuffed and happy! :)

I have some pics to post later today. I need to get them organized.
  • Options
    Oh no. I was finally starting to get attatched to a family in TS4, only for the dead grandparents to get culled even though I have the no culling mod in. I'm going to go cry now.
  • Options
    Oh no. I was finally starting to get attatched to a family in TS4, only for the dead grandparents to get culled even though I have the no culling mod in. I'm going to go cry now.

Oh honey, I'm so sorry! ::hugs::

--T
  • Options
    To7m wrote: »

--T

:( Thanks
  • Options

--T

I feel your pain, I'm sorry there's not much I can do to help you. Are you able to go back to an earlier save?

--T

• Options
    I clicked on their graves only to have the option to "destroy" them. I can't believe EA stooped so low to edit the culling coding so that the mod wouldn't work! They are so selfish!
  • Options

--T

I feel your pain, I'm sorry there's not much I can do to help you. Are you able to go back to an earlier save?

--T

I don't know how, sadly.
  • Options

--T

--T

I don't know how, sadly.

Thinking about it, neither do I....!

Umm, any help, someone!?

--T

• Options
    I clicked on their graves only to have the option to "destroy" them. I can't believe EA stooped so low to edit the culling coding so that the mod wouldn't work! They are so selfish!

Woah! Really? That's very petty if that is the case. They've already given us culling, are they really going to take the Mod away too?

Smh

--T
  • Options
    edited June 2015

Woah! Really? That's very petty if that is the case. They've already given us culling, are they really going to take the Mod away too?

Smh

--T

Ikr. How does what mods we add in OUR personal games effect them in the slightest? Do you think I should make a thread warning people the mod isn't working?
  • Options

Smh

--T

Ikr. How does what mods we add in OUR personal games effect them in the slightest? Do you think I should make a thread warning people the mod isn't working?

If this really is the case then there's bound to be more people having this problem over the next few days. Even if it's only to explain your experience, I see no reason why you shouldn't warn others.

Oh, I'm so sorry for you hun!

And if anyone could get back to us on reloadin previous saves that would be GRAND!

--T
  • Options
    Wildley CuriousWildley Curious Posts: 5,349 Member
    This is from EA. Hope it works!

Documents > Electronic Arts > Sims 4 > Saves

Within that folder, you will see a long list of files with names like Slot_000000012.save or Slot_000000012.save.ver1. You will notice that each file number has up to six versions. The one with the .save file extension is the primary version of that save point--the one that would load if you launched the game and continued from where you left off (or used Load Game in the main menu to choose an older save point). The other instances of the file represent older points within that saved game, where the game automatically preserved your progress incrementally. The higher the version number, the older the file (.ver4 is the oldest save point within the series).

If you find that your game is corrupted as of the latest load, you can easily revert to any older version of that same save point, potentially losing no more than a few Sim hours of progress. Start by identifying the save point you want to use:

Is it definitely the latest game you've been playing, or do you want to go back by a few days?

If your folder view is set to show details, you will see your files displayed with date and time information, making it easy to choose the newest set of save points.

If you want to go back further in an older save, you can match it to your save points in-game via the Load Game menu.

The in-game save points show date and time information, so you can match them against the set of files in your Saves folder.

Important: After you have matched your save points in-game to your set of save files, be sure to close the game. Never alter game files while the game is running.

Once you have chosen the save point you want to return to, select the primary version of it (the one with the .save file extension) and move it to another folder location for safe-keeping (you could instead choose to rename or delete it if you prefer). Now you will have a set of files that all have the file extensions marking them as older versions of that save point. You can choose any one of those to make primary, depending how far back you want to go.

To revert the smallest amount of time and progress, choose the file with .save.ver0.
    To revert the most time and progress within this save, choose the file with .save.ver4.

In order to make the file you choose become the new primary save point, simply right-click the file and choose Rename. Delete the part of the file name after .save and hit Enter.

Example: Slot_000000012.save.ver4 should now be Slot_000000012.save

Now, launch The Sims 4, and choose Load Game. Select the save point you want to open, and the game will load the file you renamed as the primary for that save point.
    “I was so sure that I knew what they needed and what I wanted to sell them that I never stopped long enough to find out what it was they wanted to buy.”
    ― Chris Murray, The Extremely Successful Salesman's Club
  • Options
    @GrayLady2010 you star!

Thank you!

@JessicaSimston lets me know if that works!!

--T
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    I sure hope it works. I thought the culling was not supposed to affect that generation, just much older ones. That is just sad.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top