Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA silence on family play and family play fans

Comments

• Options
    HamsysincyHamsysincy Posts: 142 Member
    edited June 2015
    You betcha.

That is why paying a hefty $40 just for a virtual hot tub is like rubbing salt on the wound. Already i am bearing with so many missing things in this game and now i have to pay money for a tub?
    Seems like my rating for TS4 will just go downhill after the release of the 2 stuff packs which are literally pointless.

I would just not get this unless it's on sale :neutral:
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    Thank you @ponderberries :)

@klch87 I'd feel the same way. I know you were mainly happy with the game so I'm sorry they've upset you too now :( I hate that most of all-people who like it starting to feel like I do which I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy :(
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    @klch87 I think that is just awful that the rates for dl content can go that high. I don't know much about exchange rates and economy, but, I do know that hurts my pocketbook just thinking about paying that much for something that should have been in base game. As far as the pack goes, not buying it, don't have the base game either. Waiting for finished product, but, NOT holding my breath. I've just about given up hope for that.
  • Options
    ThrippaThrippa Posts: 678 Member
    @scobre So sorry to hear about your dog. I had to put my lovely, silly Adam (see the snowy dog in my avi) a year ago.

As Terrylin says, SPs are supposed to be more 'dressed up' versions of things already in the game, not be the way you get completely new stuff. They're theme packs. At least with the store most things could be bought individually as well as in sets.
  • Options
    Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    Soooo...still no fix for the culling issue. Yeah!
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    marcellala wrote: »
    Soooo...still no fix for the culling issue. Yeah!

Or the incest :(

--T
  • Options
    OpheliaMayOpheliaMay Posts: 52 Member
    Is there anything new in the Newcrest update for family play? Anything!?
    Thank you Senpai Simmer for uploading your Avatars to use - she is a beaut! <3
  • Options
    OpheliaMay wrote: »
    Is there anything new in the Newcrest update for family play? Anything!?

Well, the Welcome Wagon. It's not strictly family play, but it has a nice suburban feeling to it.
  • Options
    @marcellala , sorry what do you mean by Welcome Wagon?
  • Options
    mizuru007mizuru007 Posts: 1,085 Member

Neighbors come to your house with a fruitcake when you move in. Thaaat's it.

@Scobre : I'm incredibly sorry for your loss. /hug

So how about this patch, huh?
    No culling fix, no family tree fix, no incest bug fix. But WHAT ABOUT THAT WELCOME WAGON, HUH? And boy HOWDY, did we fix uh...um...we fixed a glitch with Sims falling into the treadmill?

Gurus have been absent from the forums for a long time now. Since before Luxury Pack was released. Not a peep beyond the new Guru banning and moving threads and closing things. We all thought "hey, they're probably getting a nice, juicy patch ready so that we can finally play our games a little more like we want to!"

here's another 🐸🐸🐸🐸 gnome.
  • Options
    Ahh, I see @mizuru007, thanks :)
  • Options
    HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    @Scobre I am so sorry honey. Losing a pet is one of the hardest things ever. Massive hugs!
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • Options
    mizuru007 wrote: »

@Scobre : I'm incredibly sorry for your loss. /hug

So how about this patch, huh?
    No culling fix, no family tree fix, no incest bug fix. But WHAT ABOUT THAT WELCOME WAGON, HUH? And boy HOWDY, did we fix uh...um...we fixed a glitch with Sims falling into the treadmill?

Gurus have been absent from the forums for a long time now. Since before Luxury Pack was released. Not a peep beyond the new Guru banning and moving threads and closing things. We all thought "hey, they're probably getting a nice, juicy patch ready so that we can finally play our games a little more like we want to!"

here's another 🐸🐸🐸🐸 gnome.

Thats not true-three gurus popped into a thread Colton started about Justine Keaton yesterday :(

So I just went in game to look at the new space. Instead of having the lines of text bug I am now having the zero text bug. Look. Seriously this game drives me crazy. I have no mods in the game, I took them out to test the game and yet another patch doesn't work in my game.

Bug_zpsaxbjdsqo.jpg
  • Options
    mizuru007mizuru007 Posts: 1,085 Member
    /slips thread under the table

Psst. Any support on this would be greatly appreciated. I'm hoping that, with enough attention, this can get an overhaul of how the forums are currently being treated into place.
  • Options
    clover24clover24 Posts: 887 Member
    @Scobre so sorry about your dog, I hope you have many happy memories.

A new stuff pack already..... wow the team is definitely moving fast and wanting to get out the extras for the game... though Im not sure what I think of children and hot tubes to me hot tubes is an adult thing especially if adults can WooHoo in them, or has that been taken out. On the plus side they included children.

Hope everyone is keeping well and loving their sims games. I haven't played much as the weather has been to good and Im now sporting a lovely tan from many days at the park and pond with my little one :) On a rainy day I will play again but I love the hot weather.

Oh and almost forgot.... I hope people playing s4 are enjoying their new world... Wish they had fixed a few more bugs but something is better then nothing.

Happy Simming!
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    clover24 wrote: »
    @Scobre so sorry about your dog, I hope you have many happy memories.

A new stuff pack already..... wow the team is definitely moving fast and wanting to get out the extras for the game... though Im not sure what I think of children and hot tubes to me hot tubes is an adult thing especially if adults can WooHoo in them, or has that been taken out. On the plus side they included children.

Hope everyone is keeping well and loving their sims games. I haven't played much as the weather has been to good and Im now sporting a lovely tan from many days at the park and pond with my little one :) On a rainy day I will play again but I love the hot weather.

Oh and almost forgot.... I hope people playing s4 are enjoying their new world... Wish they had fixed a few more bugs but something is better then nothing.

Happy Simming!

Sim can still woohoo in the pool hot tub! They also can shoo people away.

ETA: Pool Woohoo. Now you know what i really want in this game XD
  • Options
    So the fix for the game is apparently to uninstall/reinstall every single patch. That is unacceptable to me, I have never had to work so hard before to maintain a working sims game and TS3 wasn't perfect. But a clean install every patch the way they patch this game?! There are no words.
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member

Fruitcake? Yuck! I'd prefer fruit salad.
    So the fix for the game is apparently to uninstall/reinstall every single patch. That is unacceptable to me, I have never had to work so hard before to maintain a working sims game and TS3 wasn't perfect. But a clean install every patch the way they patch this game?! There are no words.

What?!? That's ridiculous!
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options

Fruitcake? Yuck! I'd prefer fruit salad.

What?!? That's ridiculous!

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/838377/zero-text-in-command-boxes#latest
  • Options
    I'm honestly questioning if OR sold good. I mean, if it had, than we would have another GP announcement by now or not? I didn't think it would take as long to develop as an EP. SP after SP is not what all Simmers are interested in.
  • Options
    No its not @marcellala. Lots of us are desperately waiting for well needed improvements to the unfinished base but sadly that doesn't seem to be a priority.
    I really dislike the way this game is becoming a game of 'haves' and 'have nots' the longer we go on without what makes us love the sims. It shouldn't be this way. The sims was always inclusive and freedom to do as you will as a player. No longer :(
  • Options
    SpidersWebSpidersWeb Posts: 1,027 Member
    It's probably not news, but I found something and maybe it's of interest to you guys/gals
    <EnumItem name="ADULT" muid="2F27ECA69BB49984" enum_value="32" />
    <EnumItem name="BABY" muid="E5DFAD501517B72A" enum_value="1" />
    <EnumItem name="CHILD" muid="FC3CA0A31A7E193" enum_value="4" />
    <EnumItem name="ELDER" muid="222955FCFE824ADF" enum_value="64" />
    <EnumItem name="TEEN" muid="536B78BB76E066BE" enum_value="8" />
    <EnumItem name="UNUSED_FLAG" muid="EECEF66CBF544E69" enum_value="2" />
    <EnumItem name="YOUNGADULT" muid="6FC3628FE19D9826" enum_value="16" />

Note that UNUSUED_FLAG has a value of 2, that's right between baby and child.

00000001 baby (1)
    00000010 unused (2)
    00000100 child (4)
    etc etc

I've got no idea if this is new, but I think somebody (at least at some point) had planned for the possibility of an extra life stage.
    Performance, Price, Portability - pick two.
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    If anybody wants to see Newcrest and hasn't been able to download it yet, here:

tumblr_npswwmtmyh1up0k3mo1_400.png
    tumblr_npswwmtmyh1up0k3mo2_1280.png
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    SpidersWeb wrote: »
    It's probably not news, but I found something and maybe it's of interest to you guys/gals
    <EnumItem name="ADULT" muid="2F27ECA69BB49984" enum_value="32" />
    <EnumItem name="BABY" muid="E5DFAD501517B72A" enum_value="1" />
    <EnumItem name="CHILD" muid="FC3CA0A31A7E193" enum_value="4" />
    <EnumItem name="ELDER" muid="222955FCFE824ADF" enum_value="64" />
    <EnumItem name="TEEN" muid="536B78BB76E066BE" enum_value="8" />
    <EnumItem name="UNUSED_FLAG" muid="EECEF66CBF544E69" enum_value="2" />
    <EnumItem name="YOUNGADULT" muid="6FC3628FE19D9826" enum_value="16" />

Note that UNUSUED_FLAG has a value of 2, that's right between baby and child.

00000001 baby (1)
    00000010 unused (2)
    00000100 child (4)
    etc etc

I've got no idea if this is new, but I think somebody (at least at some point) had planned for the possibility of an extra life stage.

@SpidersWeb we know, many of us had hope from it early on but so far it's just a junk placeholder with no idea if it's going to amount to anything.

I know @bekkasan I was underwhelmed when I popped in game to see for myself.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top