Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA silence on family play and family play fans

Comments

• Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I think I need to take a few days break off of forums. My dog just got put to sleep today, so I lost part of my family. I'm just going to have a good cry right now.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    Oh @Scobre *big cuddles* sending you all my love honey, I wish there was something I could do. Try to remember the happy times and if you need anyone im always here.
  • Options
    TerrylinTerrylin Posts: 4,846 Member
    Oh No! @Scobre I am so very sorry to hear this! You will be in my thoughts and prayers hon. I know that there isn't a thing I can say or do to make it better. Only time can do that. Take care of yourself and remember all the good time you shared together. ***Big gentle Hugs** :'(
  • Options
    PandaORosePandaORose Posts: 549 Member
    @Scobre My condolences! You do what you feel like doing/must do to make it through this tough time. <3
    2750512.gif~c200

• Options
    applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    I think I need to take a few days break off of forums. My dog just got put to sleep today, so I lost part of my family. I'm just going to have a good cry right now.
    So very sorry Scobre! I know how hard it is to go through something like this, so blessings to you, gal.

• Options
    Cendres13Cendres13 Posts: 258 Member
    edited June 2015
    Thought I would pop by to share my disgust with the latest stuff pack (2 already wth?) with those who would understand. I simple can NOT believe they would be selling stuff packs when toddlers are no where to be seen or heard of and family play is next to non existent.

It's ALL about the young adults. The most boring life stage and the one we play crap loads of already due to how the game is set up. I'm resigned to the fact that I will have to wait until a Generations pack is released years from now to ever play this version of the game.

Having fun in Sims 3 in the mean time. *shakes head sadly*
  • Options
    Cendres13 wrote: »
    Thought I would pop by to share my disgust with the latest stuff pack (2 already wth?) with those who would understand. I simple can NOT believe they would be selling stuff packs when toddlers are no where to be seen or heard of and family play is next to non existent.

It's ALL about the young adults. The most boring life stage and the one we play crap loads of already due to how the game is set up. I'm resigned to the fact that I will have to wait until a Generations pack is released years from now to ever play this version of the game.

Trust me, I'm totally with you. What gets me isn't the not having toddlers yet (if they are being worked on) but the absolute refusal to acknowledge this is an ongoing upsetting situation for customers like us despite being told many, many times that is the case. They are basically allowing a terrible customer experience to continue out of a refusal to engage with us. They know full well the depth of feeling but won't even explain what the deal is. It's unacceptable.
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    Scobre wrote: »

I'm so sorry for your loss! Best wishes to you.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    @scobre I am so sorry that you had to have your dog put to sleep. Very hard decision to make and it hurts so much. Cry and remember the happier times with him/her. ::::hugs::::
  • Options
    Jaysim88Jaysim88 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Cendres13 wrote: »

Trust me, I'm totally with you. What gets me isn't the not having toddlers yet (if they are being worked on) but the absolute refusal to acknowledge this is an ongoing upsetting situation for customers like us despite being told many, many times that is the case. They are basically allowing a terrible customer experience to continue out of a refusal to engage with us. They know full well the depth of feeling but won't even explain what the deal is. It's unacceptable.

Yep I agree with you 100%. I'm very tempted to stop playing the Sims now and bin the lot. which I know isn't a big deal to EA as im only one customer and that won't bother them. But it would upset me, a player who has been playing sims Since Sims 1 launched. I feel let down and quiet angry tbh that they continue to ignore us and treat us this way.
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    Sorry for your loss, @Scobre. I've had to have a dog put to sleep too, some years ago. And, as for the current game, maybe selling us things in bits and pieces is their way of driving all of us old-timers away, so that they can turn around and con the newer ones into buying things.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    meeounmeeoun Posts: 2,173 Member
    @Scobre Sorry about your dog. : ( Pets are angels sent from above to show those they meet, the meaning of love.
  • Options
    InvaderchickycatInvaderchickycat Posts: 809 Member
    Sorry about the loss of your dog Scobre my fam and I lost our family dog about three years ago. It's rough but in time you'll start to feel better, keep holding onto those memories the doggy will always be with you in your heart.

On the new stuff pack it doesn't excite me at all. As a ya parties don't even really interest me is that all they think that lifestage cares about? I don't believe were all that shallow. There's more to being a ya than parties.
  • Options
    PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    @Scobre: Hugs.
    :) Smile!

• Options
    MylitaMylita Posts: 4,447 Member
    I am so sorry to hear about your dog, Scobre. Please take good care of yourself and take comfort in knowing your doggie had a good life with you.

It is too bad EA has decided not to actually talk to us about what the plan is or even what the 'vision' is. I agree they are all about the $$$$$$$, and not about the welfare of the game itself. I feel really sad about the state of my favorite game.

Mylita
    No friends requests, please.
  • Options
    MzB06MzB06 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Hey dropping in @Scobre so sorry to hear about your dog. Hang in there. :'(
  • Options
    Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    mizuru007 wrote: »
    It's just more pretty stuff on top of a broken game.

Don't care about this stuff pack, probably won't care about other stuff/expansion/game packs, and incredibly angry that they are making people pay for content that has been in every single Sims base game to date. This INCLUDES console games. EVERY SINGLE SIMS GAME TO DATE.

I'm totally with you, but whenever you say to people that they have to pay for something taken out of the base, they're like : "They weren't part of TS3's base, too!" This was actually one of the biggest complaints people had after TS3's launch and now, one iteration later it has been established we have to pay for them. Instead of getting angry and understanding that this means everything taken out of TS4's base also doesn't have to be in TS5's after that logic, they celebrate the devs like crazy.

At this rate i have to promise EA to get the frst SP that doesn't contain a prior base game feature as the main selling point to show them this makes actualky more money than plumming your customer over.

I'm so sorry @Scobre. My family dog is also getting really old. I don't live with my parents anymore, but i always love to take Mara out to play. Since she's a mix beetwen a dachshound and a Bernese cattle dog, she has major problems with her too short legs for her big body. It always makes me sad thinking about how she jumped around as a young one and went jogging with me a lot...
  • Options
    marcellala wrote: »

Don't care about this stuff pack, probably won't care about other stuff/expansion/game packs, and incredibly angry that they are making people pay for content that has been in every single Sims base game to date. This INCLUDES console games. EVERY SINGLE SIMS GAME TO DATE.

I'm totally with you, but whenever you say to people that they have to pay for something taken out of the base, they're like : "They weren't part of TS3's base, too!" This was actually one of the biggest complaints people had after TS3's launch and now, one iteration later it has been established we have to pay for them. Instead of getting angry and understanding that this means everything taken out of TS4's base also doesn't have to be in TS5's after that logic, they celebrate the devs like crazy.

At this rate i have to promise EA to get the frst SP that doesn't contain a prior base game feature as the main selling point to show them this makes actualky more money than plumming your customer over.

I'm so sorry @Scobre. My family dog is also getting really old. I don't live with my parents anymore, but i always love to take Mara out to play. Since she's a mix beetwen a dachshound and a Bernese cattle dog, she has major problems with her too short legs for her big body. It always makes me sad thinking about how she jumped around as a young one and went jogging with me a lot...

Yes and the same people moan about what a cash grab TS3 was to 'defend' TS4. They can't have it both ways.

Personally if the base was completed and fixed (emotions that don't work being the main selling point!) I would be throwing money at EA. So far it looks like they don't want us to throw our money their way!
  • Options
    Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    @Scobre I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. Family members are not just two legged. They come with 4 legs, fur, feathers, mew, bark, tweet or just are they to give you love. My avi picture is of my boys (Oberon and Prospero) who were brothers. Oberon passed away in 2013 at the age of 15. It is never easy to loose someone, human or animal. We just lost a beloved uncle who never woke up from his surgery the beginning of this month. HUGS and much love to you.

I hope someone has some wonderful Sim family updates soon. Love you all.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • Options
    JessicaSimstonJessicaSimston Posts: 2,519 Member
    @Scobre I know you've probably heard this a million times, but I'm so sorry to hear about your dog, but at least any suffering he went through is over. Best wishes to you ad your family at this difficult time <3
  • Options
    HamsysincyHamsysincy Posts: 142 Member
    @Scobre Sorry to hear about your loss. May you meet him again in afterlife.

Regarding the next stuff pack. what is everyone's opinion about it?
    To be honest, i am displeased about it since i have to pay to get a hot tub and woohoo in it. I doubt there are other interesting stuffs in it apart from the hot tub.
    And in my country, stuff pack like this costs nearly $40 due to currency rate, not USD$9.90 like in the US. So...yeah original video games are very expensive in my country :cry:
  • Options
    Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    klch87 wrote: »

To be honest, i am displeased about it since i have to pay to get a hot tub and woohoo in it. I doubt there are other interesting stuffs in it apart from the hot tub.
    And in my country, stuff pack like this costs nearly $40 due to currency rate, not USD$9.90 like in the US. So...yeah original video games are very expensive in my country :cry:

40???? That's horrible!
  • Options
    TerrylinTerrylin Posts: 4,846 Member
    edited June 2015
    marcellala wrote: »

I would like to add that SP usually (prier to this version) are just fancy/themed remakes of items that are already in the game. Not adding key items missing from the base game. The Hot Tub came with LN which I can agree with as an EP as new expansion of items should. We get more key items in an EP. Using key items to sell SP is a cheap marketing tactic and just proves they are milking TS4 for every dollar they can.
    Further proof that EA/Maxis has intended to milk this game for all it's worth!! I see it now "Gourmet Kitchen featuring: Dishwashers" "Piddling Pantry : Washers & Dryers" Workshop Wonders: Cars" selling each item back to you for just the small sum of $10.00!!!
  • Options
    klch87 wrote: »

Not impressed. I don't approve of having an unfinished base and then EA putting base game content into stuff packs bit by bit. The base was expensive enough as it was considering how much it's missing-if they expect us to buy endless DLC to complete the base then the cost will be obscene.
    I'm sorry lovely, I hate how things get more expensive elsewhere. I'm in the UK and we always pay more too, but not that much. Sending you my sympathies-that's awful having to pay so much for so little :(
  • Options
    Ponder the SimPonder the Sim Posts: 3,054 Member
    *drive -by support*
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top