Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why do we have a fire alarm but no fire department?

I guess they made the fire alarm object in the game and then decided not to code in the actual Fire Department NPCs? At least they then added in the actual fire prevention device to put out the fires.

Why not add Servos back to the game? I loved him in the original game. Some of the later versions became alittle too "human" for me but the original robot design was handy.

Comments

• Options
    simmesesimmese Posts: 1,536 Member
    edited June 2015
    Maybe they plan on adding back an interactive Firefighter career at some point ... that would be awesome
  • Options
    RinaWhite01RinaWhite01 Posts: 50 Member
    > @simmese said:
    > Maybe they plan on adding back an interactive Firefighter career at some point ... that would be awesome

It should of been in Get To Work, Or maybe they'll make it a gamepack.
  • Options
    PandaORosePandaORose Posts: 549 Member
    Yea, I miss firefighters, and I don't know why they were left out. The alarm is more like a decoration now.
    2750512.gif~c200

• Options
    AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    The fire alarm is an alert to let our Sims know there is a fire. They gather children and rush out to the curb. The sprinkles put out the fire. A Sim can also help extinguish the fire.

I don't use mods and fires in my game are very realistic. IMO we don't need firefighters. In past games my Sims usually had the fire out before they arrived anyway.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    AnnLee87 wrote: »
    The fire alarm is an alert to let our Sims know there is a fire. They gather children and rush out to the curb. The sprinkles put out the fire. A Sim can also help extinguish the fire.

I don't use mods and fires in my game are very realistic. IMO we don't need firefighters. In past games my Sims usually had the fire out before they arrived anyway.

What she said... but I wouldn't mind some hot firefighters.. just saying.

egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    To hard, to expensive?
  • Options
    MikeAM91MikeAM91 Posts: 165 Member
    edited June 2015
    This is just another example of the watered-down game that TS4 is. TS1 had firefighters, TS1 had burglars, I could go on and on!
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    Same reason for a lot of lacking NPC's. They simply didn't have ''time'' to finish it.
    Instead they were just rushing to release the game as fast as possible....

Remember the teaser trailer? the one with the social bunny, tragic clown and all that stuff? That teaser trailer was another example of how NOT to advertise a game.
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    Hermitgirl wrote: »

What she said... but I wouldn't mind some hot firefighters.. just saying.

Oh, neither would I, but if that happens, I hope there are a few hot lady firefighters while they're at it. *drools*
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    IMO the missing NPCs are not needed because of additional/extended game play. It has nothing to time to finish the game. (hearsay anyway)
  • Options
    PandaORosePandaORose Posts: 549 Member

I love that! I'm so glad sims actually run AWAY from the fires and not TOWARDS them. And don't speak for everyone when it comes to missing features of this game. I want firefighters. I want to see these heroes in my game saving my sims lives just like they do in real life.
    2750512.gif~c200

• Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    PandaORose wrote: »

I love that! I'm so glad sims actually run AWAY from the fires and not TOWARDS them. And don't speak for everyone when it comes to missing features of this game. I want firefighters. I want to see these heroes in my game saving my sims lives just like they do in real life.

Umm, where did she speak for everyone else? She said in my opinion, yes she said heresay.. but this is the way the game was put out, and my sims don't need firefighters to put out a fire in this game.

@SweetieKaye yes hot firefighter girls would be great too :)
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    libra_stylelibra_style Posts: 1,229 Member
    The npc luxury pack coming spring 2016
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    There is a working sprinkler system you can install on the outside of the house that will put the fire out.
  • Options
    FlamingoKicker1FlamingoKicker1 Posts: 4,474 Member
    edited June 2015
    Yeah I have the sprinkler but they didn't include that originally....probably after they realized they hadn't included the fire men....oppps

I'm looking forward to that NPC expansion pack...LOL...really miss not having old cleaning ladies sweeping my streets or old Crumplebottoms whacking my dating sims...
  • Options
    SenbreSenbre Posts: 997 Member
    @Astro wrote: »
    To hard, to expensive?

yes. That is too much work for them in base game. they rather focus more on gameplay, cas, build mode, and different interactions and emotions. In fact, there is no need of fire fighter in sims 4. ceiling already have sprinklers attached. Same as GTW, Get to work already has 3 new careers and retail aspects. Probably a GTW part 2 will include firefighters.
  • Options
    nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    GTW Part 2 :joy: I bought GTW because I thought it was Base Game Part 2!

I reckon at the time of development it was decided that silly walks were more important. Either folks will have to buy them or they'll patch them in with a bunch of unwanted stuff to praise that they are "improving" the game. Too bad there is more praise for these "freebies" instead of comments along the lines of "What took you so long?"
  • Options
    CharityHopeCharityHope Posts: 570 Member
    Astro wrote: »
    To hard, to expensive?

That's everything in the game, isn't it? LOL

• Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    Yeah I have the sprinkler but they didn't include that originally....probably after they realized they hadn't included the fire men....oppps

I'm looking forward to that NPC expansion pack...LOL...really miss not having old cleaning ladies sweeping my streets or old Crumplebottoms whacking my dating sims...

The smoke detector and the sprinkler have been there since the base game.
  • Options
    Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    edited June 2015
    IMO the missing NPCs are not needed because of additional/extended game play. It has nothing to time to finish the game. (hearsay anyway)

@AnnLee87 Of course it has something to do with this. SimGuruGrant himself confirmed that they didn't put in some NPCs because of the missing time.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/778749/i-purchased-it-i-returned-it/p9
    You can't imagine the trouble i had to go through to find that XD But i remember how enraged i was at that time. because to me NPCs show love to detail and that's what a Simsgame needs.

ETA:
    xitneverendss wrote: »
    @SimGuruGrant I just wanted to take a moment to thank you for taking time out of your life to answer our questions. I can't tell you how happy that makes me (and a lot of other simmers I'm sure) to know you guys really do listen to us and care.

Can you answer this question? I'm just curious as to why little things like npc service sims were removed (besides the maid and pizza delivery). It may seem insignificant but a lot of us are missing those things, and the npc service sims have always been there, it's sad that they are gone. I don't want my sim to have to fix everything herself! :#

Some we just ran out of time. We're taking notes and trying to fix it. Please keep offering your critiques and input so we can make the game you want.
  • Options
    HamsysincyHamsysincy Posts: 142 Member
    edited June 2015
    Sad to say that things like this missing out in TS4 is what making it so bland compared to its predecessors.

I just hope they will put it back into the game asap. Also, put back burglars and police ffs!
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I miss the firemen, burglars, policemen, real social workers, gardeners, and repairmen in the game. The servos were pretty cool in the first Sims game too. I remember they came out with the first EP Livin' Large which is actually included with my base game.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Adding fire alarms are easier to code that an actual NPC. It's for performance reasons, apparently
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 40 Member
    I really miss all the services too. Several times now I've went to call the fire brigade, realising can't lol Burglars and Vandals would be neat, I'd love to be able to call over the police from GTW aswell, and arrest them if my sim is a detective :D I say vandals mostly cos through GTW that seems to be the most common crime, the graffiti everywhere lol
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    SpyroRue wrote: »
    I really miss all the services too. Several times now I've went to call the fire brigade, realising can't lol Burglars and Vandals would be neat, I'd love to be able to call over the police from GTW aswell, and arrest them if my sim is a detective :D I say vandals mostly cos through GTW that seems to be the most common crime, the graffiti everywhere lol

You would have thought they would have included burgulars in GTW, just like they should have included extra lots...
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg