Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do sims get drunk?

Comments

• Options
    tkwolftkwolf Posts: 362 Member
    It's the fourth franchise, they built tolerance already.
    INTRODUCING.....TA DA DA DAAAAAA
    SIMS 4! STAR WARS!
    BU7XCq7.jpg
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    They can sometimes get Dazed from certain drinks, but never drunk.

Ohh, that's interesting :smile:

I would like to be able to serve drinks that actually gets you drunk now and again. Have a few sims that would enjoy getting out partying like that. Several that are just happy with the non-alcohol version as well. Being able to choose would be fun.

Dazed is better than nothing I guess.
  • Options
    HamsysincyHamsysincy Posts: 142 Member
    edited June 2015
    Nope i don't think they will implement drink and drunk in the game.

I guess Sims is rated T for teen and cannot condone major offences such as getting drunk.

But if Sims is developed in Germany, you have a different story though but this is just my opinion :grimace:
  • Options
    Rin KagamineRin Kagamine Posts: 10 New Member
    > @Astro said:
    > Sigzy05 wrote: »
    >
    > TS2 sims:
    >
    >
    >
    > TS3 sims:
    >
    >
    >
    > TS4 sims do not get drunk.
    >
    >
    >
    > Remember that bubble machine that "wasn't a hookah"?

Yeah, this bubble machine that "isn't a hookah".
    h ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-pCu7c5W-w

(It won't let me post links.)
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member

Dazed would work for drunk though. It has many similarities such as the option to sleep it off and making sims more susceptible to romance.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »

Dazed would work for drunk though. It has many similarities such as the option to sleep it off and making sims more susceptible to romance.

I have suggested this as well I think sims should get dazzed after drinking too much. :)
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    ID-ChristianID-Christian Posts: 128 Member
    edited April 2016
    Honestly it would be awesome to be able to get drunk in The Sims 4. Drinking is part of life. Honestly it is a big part of our social life. They could add it as a more silly version it. It would fit perfectly into it.. The Sims 2 had it, even Sims 3, why not The Sims 4..
    Maybe with Generations, or something?
  • Options
    thesailorscoutthesailorscout Posts: 61 Member
    > @EmmaVane said:
    > jackjack_k wrote: »
    >
    > They can sometimes get Dazed from certain drinks, but never drunk.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Dazed would work for drunk though. It has many similarities such as the option to sleep it off and making sims more susceptible to romance.

My thoughts exactly! It would add a whole new level and a whole new set of repercussions to going to the nightclubs on weeknights. I know The Sims 4 is reliant on the story you come up with while you play and not so much of what's in the game itself, but having the game suggest this would make it all the more real for me.
  • Options
    quasha81388quasha81388 Posts: 255 Member

My sim went to the club and bought two drinks one in each hand and she would take a drink from one then a drink from the other with the other drink still in hand. she was laughing and making silly faces so i just thought she was tipsy.. lol
  • Options
    LightfieldLightfield Posts: 12,450 Member
    Would really like some specific reactions.
    Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange and pretend you're laughing at it.
  • Options
    Mizz_Creative48Mizz_Creative48 Posts: 1,044 Member
    There will probably just be mods for it again like sims 2 and 3 but I would I think they should allow sims get drunk after a certain amount of drinks. It's not too much for the rating imo since the only thing keeping it rated T is woohooing under sheets
  • Options
    ID-ChristianID-Christian Posts: 128 Member
    Apart from getting buzzed. I really want the bubble bar to come back!
    It was so fun in the sims 2! https://youtube.com/watch?v=a-pCu7c5W-w
  • Options
    Oh, yes! I loved the bubble bar.
    Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange and pretend you're laughing at it.
  • Options
    monamour1977monamour1977 Posts: 3 New Member
    it would be funny if they could :)
  • Options
    siennaSTARsiennaSTAR Posts: 739 Member
    I think they could keep "dazed", with periodic vomit interactions (Too Much Juice) and a goofy walk function, and keep the rating safe!
  • Options
    ^ I like that idea.
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    My question would be.....since Sims behave so erratically as it is how would you really be able to tell the difference? You would have to have a stagger and stumble animation.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    Pfft, perhaps that's why I have such an easy time imagining that my sims are drunk after some juice. "Haha, they act like they're completely plastered!"
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Being drunk in Sims 3:
    1. Getting sick
    2. Being able to dance on counters and tables
    3. Getting different traits (like insane) for a couple of hours

5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    WaffleAwesomenessWaffleAwesomeness Posts: 433 Member
    The Sims has gotten way too child-friendly.. In the original Sims they had a "stripper" in a cake, and now the sims can't even get drunk.. Really?
    tumblr_nyqc2fDxP61rfd7lko1_400.gif
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    TSM sims get drunk and it says drunk. And they are sick, and stumble, etc. And throw up.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    TrashmagicTrashmagic Posts: 977 Member
    The Sims has gotten way too child-friendly.. In the original Sims they had a "stripper" in a cake, and now the sims can't even get drunk.. Really?

Can't forget the cage dancing and the mechanical bull (:
    2016-02-02-20_28_40-CompatWindow.png
  • Options
    juleseast3003juleseast3003 Posts: 318 Member
    Isn't nectar supposed to be wine there is a mod but I've never had it working as I've never made nectar worth drinking lol
    Thanking you in advance
    Julie :)
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    I was wondering if sims could actually get drunk? They never have that I've noticed.... I think that would make the game seem more realistic and interesting especially since most events have goals centered around getting drinks. What if they could get hangovers too...!!! "Jackson has had a few too many Sweet and Spicy's... looks like he's going to have a rough time at work tomorrow."

No, but in TS2 they did. In TS3 they got a moodlet but I don't remember what would happen to them.

In TS4 you only get that speacial drink moodlet that changes your emotion. You don't get a moodlet that makes your sim go well...drunk :p

In Sims3 they were considered 'Juiced', if they over did it. LOL
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    nkthgrtnkthgrt Posts: 638 Member
    And in Sims 2 when they got drunk, or had a few drinks, they could not drive home! I like that also. I miss the drinking interactions.