Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 3: World Adventures, a positive thread

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    ChocolotiChocoloti Posts: 328 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Yes it sounds great, but will you still be happy about it when they make you buy all the new stuff and clothes for it from the store???
  • Options
    cllevettcllevett Posts: 930 Member
    edited August 2009
    I agree with you. Really looking forward to this new expansion. Sounds like it will be promising
  • Options
    AquiasAquias Posts: 1,742 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I'm excited about the new EP.
    I am also happy there are still those of us who are being positive.
    Have people be so negative on the post is a huge downer, and very annoying.
    Thanks for the positive posts!
  • Options
    Walden95Walden95 Posts: 3,089 Member
    edited August 2009
    Aquias wrote:
    I'm excited about the new EP.
    I am also happy there are still those of us who are being positive.
    Have people be so negative on the post is a huge downer, and very annoying.
    Thanks for the positive posts!

Me too, I was going to start a topic "And thus begins the negativity".

It was going to be about why we are so negative about the new EP. It was meant to change the focus from Negative to positive. I'm going to try to make it. Still need to check my word choice and make it sound fresh. Wish me good luck. :)
  • Options
    benbobbenbob Posts: 152 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Heylo everyone,
    sorry i havent replied I had to go to bed right after writing that cause it was 11 00 here in England, and I've been doing a play all day.
    THeres too much stuff to remember and stuff so i wont answer you directly ill just sum up my reply =D
    Well its great to know everyone was pleased by this and had a good addition to the conversation, I was expecting to be completely flamed ;p

And yeah i agree i would prefer Japan over China but theyre both good and who knows they might add more countries *crosses fingers*
    A photographer branch in journalism would be SOOOO cool, yet so would an artist career but artist can be done at home already i guess.
    There could be sooo many skills added to fit in culturally, and additions to preexisting ones.

and chocoloti, you could have stuck with the first part and kept it positive.
    but in reply, I'm not happy about the store either but people working there need money, sure EA gets tonnes of it but theres so many people working there, how much goes to them?
    we need them to have money so they can carry on making stuff.

peace out y'all =D
  • Options
    derykrenalnderykrenaln Posts: 538 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Great thread here. Haven't read it all, but a great idea to have a positive thread, well most seem positive about this expansion.

Well holding on some ideas until we find more about the expansion, but I'm really excited by this. It's taking Sims 3 in a new direction. Not that I won't want to see Nightlife, University, Apartment Life, Seasons, etc at some point...I do! But it's nice to see something new and fresh we haven't seen before for the Sims. Bon Voyage had something similar; from the sounds of it, but this looks to be something different I think, in a Sims 3ish sort-of-way.

:)
  • Options
    LushiePushieLushiePushie Posts: 237 Member
    edited August 2009
    I'll be buying it - very excited for the first EP and I am glad it will be out in time for the holiday season :mrgreen: It's a little bit more expensive than what I was used to with TS2 though.
  • Options
    OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    edited August 2009
    I am very excited to see what this expansion pack has.
    I cannot believe some of the stuff I read from the first released information.
    I am so glad they're going to allow us to interact with the expansion pack.

I hope they continue to do this for every expansion pack.
    Can't wait for more pictures and information!
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,540 Member
    edited August 2009
    I'm looking forward to it although I think Sunset Valley needs more fun things to do locally.

It's cool that photography is a new skill. I hope our sims can make very large prints--as big as large paintings, maybe larger.

Very glad that we are getting new traits.

I just hope it has more depth than Bon Voyage.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    Princess_CarlyPrincess_Carly Posts: 128 Member
    edited August 2009
    Great to see someone actually saying something positive about the new EP! I for one think it sounds really cool and can't wait for it to be released in November. It doesn't sound like a straight up vacation EP either.

It's something a bit different which is great - Sims 3 is NOT Sims 2, so why should we just have the same expansions remade? It's is also WAY too early to be saying it will be rubbish when we've only been given a sliver of information! I think some people would be unhappy no matter what the first EP was. It's also not like it is going to be the last one....plenty of time for weather, animals and businesses later.

I'm sure this expansion was in planning before the base game even came out - so how can we say that they don't listen to the community, when the Sims 3 forums have only been around since June?

Obviously everyone is entitled to either love or hate it, but I think it's a bit odd to hate something you A) hardly have any information on and B) havn't even played yet.
  • Options
    Talya4u1Talya4u1 Posts: 46 Member
    edited August 2009
    I am excited about the locations. I hope that they include the muslim head cover in this expansion. I like to make at least one rich sheik with many wives!

I also hope that they will improve the group functions such as going to the movies and your date is left outside. Or if the parents are seperated I would hope they would include a stay for the week-end option with the children of the non-custodial parent. Kind of like Sims 2 vacation pack when travelers could come for the week-end.

I do not know what to expect but I think we will love it.
  • Options
    LadyMeldaLadyMelda Posts: 111 Member
    edited August 2009
    Thank you! A positive thread! I just 'love' that peoples' first reaction to anything is to flip out and flame EA. If you don't like the game, don't play. It's that simple. For the rest of us, Woohoo for November!! My Sims are going on Safari!
  • Options
    benbobbenbob Posts: 152 New Member
    edited August 2009
    yaay
    thank you for all the positive replies
    (yes this is a shameless bumpage =D)
  • Options
    brodie408brodie408 Posts: 4 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I just heard they were making this ep and I'm so excited. I was really excited that they included France, in bon voyage I always tried to make European like places but it never worked. I also really hope that they include tropical destinations because I used them the most.
  • Options
    Mandy14Mandy14 Posts: 73 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Yay World Adventures!! I'm super excited like the rest of you! Thanks for the positive thread! I was getting tired of all the negativitiy!! Anyways! I fail to see many downs sides to this EP so far.I mean we have:

New people

New places

New items

New clothes/hair

New activities

New fun!!

This also opens up more opportunities to make a more variety of stories and movies!

So again

YAY! For World Adventures!!
  • Options
    AthenaOnyxAthenaOnyx Posts: 3,921 Member
    edited August 2009
    If you want quest game go buy Legend of Zelda.

How exactly are my sims going to experience different cultures when there are no climate elements like rain or snow. Couldn't they wait to make this pack after they could make a ski lodge. Now that would be cool and new and fun.

What country are they living in now anyway?

I loved every game for s1 and s2. And, hoped with the new ep I'd like s3. So I'm not a picky person, I just don't understand what's happening to my game. I like the new features but there's something wrong with s3 and I can't figure out what it is.

If I want Asian stuff I'd go look for Asian inspired meshes and fabrics. My sims can already eat sushi. What else could they add other then Asian inspired furniture. What kind of new game play comes with it. What's the point of a seamless neighborhood when the community lots are so limited?
  • Options
    whiteorchidSMPwhiteorchidSMP Posts: 146 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I'm excited for this EP too! Happy that there's a positive thread.
    I think some people would be unhappy no matter what the first EP was. It's also not like it is going to be the last one....plenty of time for weather, animals and businesses later.

I

I think you're right that some people would be unhappy no matter what. I also never understood why people are treating this as the ONE and ONLY expansion pack that EA will make. :?
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited August 2009
    benbob wrote:
    Hey guys,
    I'm fed up of seeing all these negative threads immediatly assuming this is gonna be rubbish and stuff.
    So i made one where we can say what we're looking forward to or how it could be good or fun things that could be put in.

I for starters think that it would be great because:
    - The quests could give us more to do, I often get bored.
    - We will get a load more stuff from different cultures, I cant wait for the Asian stuff because i love Asia.
    - I've heard there'll be more skills.
    - New landscapes in location shake it up instead of just grass.

So I'm sure not all of you are going to be negative and prejudging about this and say that its becoming an MMO cause it has quests (I have heard people say that), and im sure you have some positive things to say.

Well said Benbob! I totally agree with you! How can people say that this ep is going to be a disappointment? They haven't played it as yet. Besides, I am always eager to have other cultures, other sort of landscapes, other architectures in the game! This is going to enrich our gameplay by tenfolds! I can' wait to enter those pyramids and discover hidden treasure! Also China and France sounds very good to me! I wonder if our sims can visit Eiffel tower! That would be nice! I have the feeling this expansion pack is going to be like Indian Jones adventures! Really looking forward to this ep! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    derykrenalnderykrenaln Posts: 538 New Member
    edited August 2009
    It's Friday and still looking forward to Sims 3 World Adventures!

• Options
    legosim12legosim12 Posts: 542 Member
    edited August 2009
    It's Friday and still looking forward to Sims 3 World Adventures!

:DI am so exited to get new climate (not just green)new cultures and mummy kings :twisted: (I hope) :shock:
  • Options
    HH33236HH33236 Posts: 22 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I am hoping that they have new jobs for this one. Since there is about world adventures. They should have tour-guides, photographer, airport staff. jobs related to traveling... like their expansion title...
  • Options
    WindWineKiwi8WindWineKiwi8 Posts: 1,296 New Member
    edited September 2009
    I cannot wait to go Nectar making! It looks so cool, and I am really into the entire gardening thing!
  • Options
    jktee511jktee511 Posts: 7,501 New Member
    edited September 2009
    Can't wait for Mummies!