Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

ONE thing you hate about TS4.

Comments

• Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    The tutorial. It took forever to get it to turn itself off. There should be an option to turn it off.
    You can turn it off. Here is how to: http://simsvip.com/2014/08/26/the-sims-4-turning-off-the-in-game-tutorial/

Thank you! I wish I had known that after 2 hours of gameplay! (I'm at about 140 hrs now, & it took 10 game hrs to turn itself off.)
    Your welcome and aww. Yeah that Sims 4 tutorial made me miss the Sims 1 Newbie tutorial so much. XD I'm like why is this tutorial so complicated? I guess I like having more interactive tutorials that involves the Sims teaching me about the game.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    SimPoseyYumSimPoseyYum Posts: 995 Member
    I'm playing a really big file right now. It's a solo-Sim generational thing (The Time Lord Challenge, one Sim who regenerates rather than aging). My loading screens are averaging 2 minutes. Seriously. My Sim just returned home from Granite Falls. It took her 2 minutes 31 seconds.

I know I said I don't "hate" anything in game, but honestly, we're creeping awfully close! :D.
  • Options
    I'm playing a really big file right now. It's a solo-Sim generational thing (The Time Lord Challenge, one Sim who regenerates rather than aging). My loading screens are averaging 2 minutes. Seriously. My Sim just returned home from Granite Falls. It took her 2 minutes 31 seconds.

I know I said I don't "hate" anything in game, but honestly, we're creeping awfully close! :D.
    I think clearing your cache files should help with the load times. Here is a basic way how to:
    http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files/
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options

I think clearing your cache files should help with the load times. Here is a basic way how to:
    Gah. I meant to do that yesterday. I ran into the Refrigerator Glitch. I cleared it up by doing a Repair Game and then forgot to clear cache. I should go do that. Thanks for the reminder!

Won't diminish my dislike of loading screens, though :p. Those things are pure evil.

• Options

Gah. I meant to do that yesterday. I ran into the Refrigerator Glitch. I cleared it up by doing a Repair Game and then forgot to clear cache. I should go do that. Thanks for the reminder!

Won't diminish my dislike of loading screens, though :p. Those things are pure evil.
    No problem and yes the Sims 3 spoiled us with having less loading screens. I think the Sims 2 had less loading screens as well.
  • Options
    InvaderchickycatInvaderchickycat Posts: 809 Member
    edited June 2015
    The one thing I really hate is the musical chairs :|
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited June 2015
    I had to narrow this down to what bugs me the most about this game. So much so it makes me just shut down the game and that is the lame, did I say lame, yet? Lame Traits and Emotional System. I know you guys have heard all this before. But in all other Sims series I have been able to work around some short comings in these games as they change each series but the Sims in the games were able to see me through whatever else was bugging me about the games. Like no open restaurant in the TS3, I used the Sims in the game (though they weren't very expressive and too many text instead of simulation) and or in TS1 when I couldn't leave the lots without taking the whole household then I curbed how many Sims I played so I could just take a few out in the community. (I think some of us forgot that little hitch in the game). Or in TS2 when something bothered me in the game I couldn't do, I could fall back on the Sims themselves to entertain me with their feelings and failures or successes and know they were actually living their life and not going through the motions.

Not this time. Here is one in one million examples: Yesterday I thought it would be fun to build some random Sims and make them into a doll family. Not related etc., but all of different sizes and types of 'dolls' living in a doll house. Just for the sheer silliness of it. Since I won't play families without toddlers, but will add kids in the households (from CAS) if they are called for in this game.

I did a lot of work on them and their lot. Moved them in and had all them have different traits and different aspirations and wanted to see how much fun all those differences would be.

:'(:s:(:|

Didn't happen. The doll who was the most expensive, you know the prima donna of the group of dolls would be a snob and hate children, at first she was angry children were in the 'dollhouse' but this only lasted all of about two or three minutes in Sim time let alone real time.

She was soon having nice chats with the little roly poly doll and telling jokes and sharing the sofa and so on. :s

My wonderful little Charlie Chaplin looking doll was the only male in the house. He was supposed to be a slob....not so much...he cleaned up all the dishes, and spent his time picking up books.. :/ He was also a goofball, and clumsy.

Goofball interaction: Goof around....what is it you ask? The same animation to jeer or insult outfit where they put hands on hip and point at the other Sim and make fun of the other Sim.... :s So much for goofing around. Same animations as the mischievous skills.

What was my insane, music loving Birdie doing? A very flakey doll btw, she was too busy taking books out of the bookshelf, sit to read, move to sit, read, close it, put it away and then repeat. Though a wonderful piano set there waiting for her 'trait' to kick in and make her want to play that piano.

What was the sensible doll who was neat and would hopefully look out for the other dolls in the household be doing while all these other dolls acted and did things nothing pertaining to their traits (this is five minutes of gameplay by the way). She was the sensible one, the neat one, the one would protect and look after the others. She was just sitting on a sofa leering out into space like she has bad eyesight, or getting books out of the bookcase (though not a bookworm) over and over to sit down rinse and repeat.

I don't know about you guys, but it is the Sims in this game that are actually not fun. When I can just slap a different face on them all but they are all going to behave and do and say and act and or pick up and or whatever just like the next, then there is no sense in playing at all.

ETA: Just to make it even more clear. All the same, everyone of them. Example: All will sit on couch, lean forward, leer, look from side to side, do it over and over. That is just one of ten million examples where they are all the same. Ridiculous.

ETA: Soap box, I challenge anyone to prove me wrong. Make several Sims all different traits film each one while alone, put those videos side by side for each one. Viola, all the same Sims just with a different body build and or face. No trait or animation is going to be any different than the rest. If so, then EA prove it. Because your game sure isn't.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    @Scobre, heh I cleared cache and I guess it DID affect my loading times! My Sim just returned from her (and my) first trip to Forgotten Grotto. The trip home took her 2 minutes 47 seconds :). I use the timer on my phone to verify so I won't be accused of exaggeration.

For me, I guess if I'm going to play TS4, I'm just doomed to suffer through these ridiculously long (and incredibly boring) loading screens. It stinks to high heaven (oh yes, I'm inching closer and closer to "hate" with every blinkin' screen... just kidding... or maybe not...). Seriously, eliminating the open world was, without a doubt, the worst decision made by the development team, in my opinion.

ETA: Can't close this post without saying thank you to you again. Even though it didn't fix the problem, it was kind of you to suggest and to provide the link. And it was probably something I should have done anyway.

• Options
    SadieD123SadieD123 Posts: 1,317 Member
    @Scobre, heh I cleared cache and I guess it DID affect my loading times! My Sim just returned from her (and my) first trip to Forgotten Grotto. The trip home took her 2 minutes 47 seconds :). I use the timer on my phone to verify so I won't be accused of exaggeration.

For me, I guess if I'm going to play TS4, I'm just doomed to suffer through these ridiculously long (and incredibly boring) loading screens. It stinks to high heaven (oh yes, I'm inching closer and closer to "hate" with every blinkin' screen... just kidding... or maybe not...). Seriously, eliminating the open world was, without a doubt, the worst decision made by the development team, in my opinion.

Wow..... I didn't think it'd actually increase.
    275f503fc4c6c8ef197baeea76ebe0f91373200482_full_zpscc1a19512.gif
  • Options
    SimmerForLife101SimmerForLife101 Posts: 61 Member
    edited June 2015
    Definitely the loading screens if I had to pick one. I wish they had kept the open world. There are definitely other things that bother me though like the teens being the same height as adults and no color wheel.
  • Options
    SadieD123 wrote: »

They're not ALL as long as that one, but I'd say I'm still averaging about 1 minute 30 seconds. Several of my loading screens are I-don't-know-how-long, because I crash to desktop during them. I will say the number of crashes has diminished dramatically since the last patch. I used to crash, on average, once out of every 3-4 travels (grrr). Now, I crash, maybe, once every 20 or so travels. Definitely an improvement.

Anyway, before the last patch, my loading screens were averaging about 45 seconds and I was grousing about that. Go figure :smile:.

Loading screens are still my # 1 complaint, hands down.

• Options

They're not ALL as long as that one, but I'd say I'm still averaging about 1 minute 30 seconds. Several of my loading screens are I-don't-know-how-long, because I crash to desktop during them. I will say the number of crashes has diminished dramatically since the last patch. I used to crash, on average, once out of every 3-4 travels (grrr). Now, I crash, maybe, once every 20 or so travels. Definitely an improvement.

Anyway, before the last patch, my loading screens were averaging about 45 seconds and I was grousing about that. Go figure :smile:.

Loading screens are still my # 1 complaint, hands down.

Looks to me like they switched high loading times for less crashes in that last patch.
  • Options
    WinMacSims3WinMacSims3 Posts: 1,610 Member

ETA: Can't close this post without saying thank you to you again. Even though it didn't fix the problem, it was kind of you to suggest and to provide the link. And it was probably something I should have done anyway.

TS3 on Mac and PC is the biggest offender when it comes to loading screens. It can take minutes just to load a game and even saving takes a while. TS4 has the same issue because one of my lots takes a minute or two just to load.
    Origin ID: GothicSimmer, YouTube: GothicSimmer
  • Options

Bummer I'm sorry to hear it increased you load times. It says here if you play offline, it may help: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/714064-the-sims-4/70048582

Somehow this mod can help too. It like takes longer at least with my games when the Sims are moving during a load, so this is nice. I don't know why it doesn't code the games to start pause with the Sims 4. All the other games started paused for me. http://modthesims.info/d/537584
  • Options
    YuiVooYuiVoo Posts: 173 Member
    that the sims are harder to kill
  • Options
    YuiVoo wrote: »
    that the sims are harder to kill
    Yeah they are. :( I've tried and it takes so much longer to kill them now.
  • Options
    HamsysincyHamsysincy Posts: 142 Member
    I hate the fact of limited lots in a neighborhood as i am the simmer who fills up neighborhood with households to the brim.
    Even more hatred when Magnolia Promenade is ridiculously small...

The more the merrier, they said.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited June 2015

TS3 on Mac and PC is the biggest offender when it comes to loading screens. It can take minutes just to load a game and even saving takes a while. TS4 has the same issue because one of my lots takes a minute or two just to load.
    Eleven minutes for me from putting the disk in (opening the launcher takes two minutes) to entering the game. That's with everything added to the game you can think of: all EP's, SP's, Store items and a heavy save. It wasn't eleven minutes when I played the basegame and WA.

Besides, and I'm hardly the first one saying that, it's one wait. I know it will take eleven minutes when I decide to go play the game, so I take my iPad and play app games or go to a Sims forum while waiting. When my game opens I put that all away and I start playing. And I won't be interrupted no more (unless I decide to take my sims to a WA country or Oasis Landing of course) for hours and hours.
    Post edited by JoAnne65 on
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    dariodario Posts: 43 Member
    edited June 2015
    The bugs. And i dont mean the forrest bugs
  • Options
    AHR404AHR404 Posts: 564 Member
    Have to chime in- though I'm liking the game overall, I hate not being able to direct my Sims on different lots. Makes it very hard to manage large families.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited June 2015
    Sims 4 - hmmm everything should cover it. It is like a fake sims games. I am back playing Sims 3 this week anyway. Earlier this week I did give this another chance - naturally another disaster and total waste of time. I was having a fine old time in Sims2 - then hubby rebuilt my pc for my birthday during last week end - and says - try your new Sims 4 game and let me know what you think.

The pc great - the game - FOR GET IT!!!! All it did was totally rile my feathers.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 2,795 Member
    i think basically sims 4 was made for a "very selective" niche of fans to enjoy and really not for everyone, many thngs which many peoples don't liked, like missing of features like cars and toddlers, the cut of the open world and load screen everywhere, the too much overthetop childshi humor(like humor for 8 years childs)the features not really living for the promises, lies and more lies from dev team, the lack of communication make peoples feel liking the maxis don't respect they fans or community and others things.
    while some peoples are "fine" with all that things not everyone and not even the big amount is fine.

this is just like that sims 4 is a game which was made rushed and unfinished in a attempt to recover the money wasted in failed project and to grab money for others ea games like titan fall.
    that is all or you like and live with it or maybe give up and stop of support or try to have some hope and maybe with like less than 10% they can really decide do big moves to save the game, otherwise we gonna only get the "basic" of the basic and be feed in like have some missing content being throwed as a "never see before feature which none is waiting for", because maxis are angels and they are listening and are giving everything.(everything they took back and giving in the most cheap and nasty way like hostage, because many peoples are just hooking for the game because want toddlers and that are they hope to get toddlers than that will be maxis trumph card to keep peoples hooking for the game, because when they give the toddlers, they will be saints and the best dev team ever and sims 4 will be the best sim game ever).
    tumblr_mfiuwmQOLI1qgap4ho1_500.gif
  • Options
    Well many of us who had been waiting have stopped. You cannot make people wait for ever - even the sims games can't and people are looking else where to get their game on - while some of us have just gone back to the games we know already provide what we need. No sense on wasting any further time on a game as worthless as this one has became to us. I say who ever that niche group is - must be rather small as no forum i have been to today has been silent as a library like this one is being so it is not just people being busy - but people tired of waiting on Maxis to fix this game. Other game forums are bustling with players - so they ought to open their eyes before they are the only ones left playing this game.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Well many of us who had been waiting have stopped. You cannot make people wait for ever - even the sims games can't and people are looking else where to get their game on - while some of us have just gone back to the games we know already provide what we need. No sense on wasting any further time on a game as worthless as this one has became to us. I say who ever that niche group is - must be rather small as no forum i have been to today has been silent as a library like this one is being so it is not just people being busy - but people tired of waiting on Maxis to fix this game. Other game forums are bustling with players - so they ought to open their eyes before they are the only ones left playing this game.

I remember back on the old Sims 3 forums Saturdays were like the busiest days ever! Sometimes it'd be so busy on a topic that before I could even get to post what I was gonna say, the topic would have already added another page and a half of comments on it. Even in the early days of this forum it was pretty busy. Now it's like a ghost town and so barren. I even asked in the Family Play forum where everyone had gone to because of how slow it is around here now.
  • Options
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

I remember back on the old Sims 3 forums Saturdays were like the busiest days ever! Sometimes it'd be so busy on a topic that before I could even get to post what I was gonna say, the topic would have already added another page and a half of comments on it. Even in the early days of this forum it was pretty busy. Now it's like a ghost town and so barren. I even asked in the Family Play forum where everyone had gone to because of how slow it is around here now.

Oh goodness yes - Sims 3 and Sims 2 the threads moved fast year round - even Christmas shopping time was not enough to quiet them down. If you did not bookmark a thread you spent gobs of time trying to find it. I don't ever remember a single day when the sims forums went quiet like it is now. So it is not our imagination.

In dreams - I LIVE!