Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

JAMMIN JULY GIFT EXCHANGE ~~~ SIMS 3 ONLY ~~~ CC FREE ~~~ Gifting Now Open!!!!! :)

Comments

• Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    Shannen wrote: »
    @Tanuabanue I agree! You are the sweeter auntie but you both are my favourite auntie!

@Adwilson Sorry but I'm siding with Auntie Tanu on this one.. *smile innocently*

@Anettesb Oh alright, I didn't see that before I replied as I'' on my phone and it makes it extremely difficult for me to refresh to check and I didn't want to be rude.

<3

phnoe must make it hard... it's ok...
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    Catdog123Catdog123 Posts: 1,024 Member
    Hello everyone, haven't been posting much since the forum switch but this looks like loads of fun after seeing Tanu's post about it on the my pages. I will fill out a letter later today after I finish some RL things. :)
    Siggy_4.jpg
  • Options
    KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member
    Yipee!! :):p I want to play! I did this at Christmas and had so much fun!

I just have to update my letter from before and get it posted.

I don't think I will have any problems with the check-in dates, but... it is summer and if I get a run of sunny days I am known to disappear into the great outdoors on very short notice.
  • Options
    tanubanuetanubanue Posts: 4,116 Member
    Catdog123 wrote: »
    Hello everyone, haven't been posting much since the forum switch but this looks like loads of fun after seeing Tanu's post about it on the my pages. I will fill out a letter later today after I finish some RL things. :)

So happy you'll be joining us! I don't post too much either but I can't resist doing these exchanges for everyone. I think you'll have a lot of fun and can't wait to see what you come up with for your buddy! :)

• Options
    Kgaff wrote: »
    Yipee!! :):p I want to play! I did this at Christmas and had so much fun!

I just have to update my letter from before and get it posted.

I don't think I will have any problems with the check-in dates, but... it is summer and if I get a run of sunny days I am known to disappear into the great outdoors on very short notice.

Welcome back Kgaff!! Happy to see you and even happier that you'll be joining us once again! :)

• Options
    ADWilson wrote: »
    tanubanue wrote: »
    @Shannen See now I am the easier Auntie! lol No going on about messy prints and such from me nope nope nope

*Waits for Auntie Addy to hold you down as tickle fest is in order!*

And with a comment like that... I shall rope @Shannen into helping me hold you down and tickling YOU!

*Tossles lil sis's hair so much that she can't see what she's doing so she actually does tie up herself and Shannen!* >:) Goes and gets a huge tickle feather and has a blast! o:)

• Options
    Shannen wrote: »
    @Adwilson Now I feel guilty lol have a great day :)<3

@Shannen ~ Now there is no reason at all to feel guilty! I quite agree with you! lol B)

• Options
    Fergie7818Fergie7818 Posts: 42 Member
    how do u change ur profile pic
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,620 Member
    It is great that you are going to be a part of the exchange @catdog123 and @kgaff :) ! Happy simming!
    I hope that you will be able to join the exchange as well @anettesb :)
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,620 Member
    Fergie7818 wrote: »
    how do u change ur profile pic

Hello @Fergie7818 :)
    You need to have 50 points and 30 posts before you can become a member, and can then change your profile picture and post pictures.This thread explains about it.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/770609/member-or-new-member-everything-you-need-to-know-updated-30-12-14

Also, welcome to the forums. :) You are invited to visit this thread and introduce yourself.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/817478/hello-come-and-introduce-yourself
  • Options
    Fergie7818Fergie7818 Posts: 42 Member
    ok thx
  • Options
    Hi Fergie :)
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    Fergie7818 wrote: »
    ok thx

I'm sure you get there soon, especially when you play games in this corner of the forum

🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    blacksheba1973blacksheba1973 Posts: 20,326 Member
    Hi ladies and thanks for hosting another exchange. :smiley:

Form~
    Username: blacksheba1973

Expansion Packs and Stuff Packs I have installed: All

I have the following Store Content: All

I have the following Worlds: All

Some of my favorite Colors are: Pretty much anything except lots of pink and beige.

I really don't like this Color: I like pink, but not excessively.

I love to use this set: No preference

I play mostly in this world: Riverview/Appaloosa Plains/Twinbrook

I enjoy this style of build the most: Modern

I really don't want this in my game: custom content ( I know this is a CC free exchange)/ pets

I would like lots of the following sizes: small to moderate

I enjoy/don't enjoy berry, occult sims, etc. - I like all types of sims

I would/would not enjoy pets in the household- would not

Other~ (Describe here anything that you would really like.) I will appreciate anything that you make. The effort and thought is always appreciated. Do not stress out over what you make. We're all individuals with our own very unique styles. Have fun. :smiley: **Hugs**

YShQCz1.png
  • Options
    Hi Rose. :smiley: **Hugs**
    YShQCz1.png
  • Options
    KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member
    Username: Kgaff

Link To Your My Page: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Kgaff

Expansion Packs and Stuff Packs I have installed: EP's I have are: Ambitions, World Adventures and Island Paradise. The only SP's I have are High-End Loft and Town Life. I know, pitiful right.

I have the following Store Content: Bohemian Garden - One With Nature Sun, Surf & Sand -Nautical Living - Live, Laugh, Love -Palace of Versailles - Japanese Inspired - Drifter’s Desire -Kingdom of Cambodia -Fabulous Fiesta! -India Inspirations Collection -World Inspiration Compilation -Africa Inspiration Collection -Viva Las Vegas -Mediterranean Life - Hollywood Regency Den -Muse Luxury -Morocco Mystique -Buccaneer's Bounty -Hacienda Luxury -Provence -Zen Again -Asian Fusion -Worldly Goodies - Sandy Shoals Sea Shanty -Villa Paraíso -Fall In Love Again Collection -The Gentlemen's Lounge Collection -Eloquently Eclectic Collection -Charmingly Simple Kitchen Collection - Quaint Cottage Collection -The Coffee Bean Hipster Loft -Everyday Clothes -Luxury Spa Set -Contemporary Comfort -Loads of Laundry -Ultra Lounge -Jet Set -Haute Hip -Glitter and Glam -Collectionne Stäncké -Runway Riot -BahHaus - Fashionable Fitness Set -Surf's Up Sun and Fun Collection -Love & Sports - Tutor of Tudors -Happily Ever After -Magic - Steampunk -Through the Spy Glass - Faire Folk Life (Faire Folk Outdoors and Sweet Escape Nursery parts only) -Castle -Up the Ante Compilation -Lullabies and Nursery Rhymes - Carnivale Celebration! -Oh My Goth! Compilation- Edwardian - Indulgent Living (bedroom part only)- Animals Abound -Gothique -Regal Living- Tiki -Farm Fresh Folk Set -Country Livin' - Mid Century Fantasy -Sims Classics -Atomic Age Living and Dining -Boho Vintage Style -Jazz Age Living Room -Club Vaindenburger - Hewnsman -Bayside -Storybook - Le Cirque Esprit- The Duke of Bows Renaissance Fair3
    I own most of the store so if you use something I don't have listed don't worry about it. If I don't have it , I can get it!!

I also have all the venues EXCEPT - The Golden Ticket Toy ( I do have the toy machine) - Shop Business as Usual Bistro (I do have the oven) - Olympian Physic

All the free stuff except Dr Pepper and Katy Perry and lots of other bits and pieces from other sets.

I have the following Worlds: Dragon Valley, Aurora Skies, Midnight Hollow, Riverview, Monte Vista, Hidden Springs, Roaring Heights, Lucky Palms, Sunlit Tides Lunar Lakes and Barnacle Bay

Some of my favorite Colors are: Blues, greens, peach, clean modern colors like turquoise, orange and black and white with punches of color.

I really don't like this Color: Brown, Bright brash neon colors or too much red and purple (a little is okay)

I love to use this set: No preferences here, I like to mix them all up for a unique look.

I play mostly in this world: I enjoy playing in, Believe it or not, Barnacle Bay, Sunlit Tides, Hidden Springs and Lucky Palms

I enjoy this style of build the most: Residential, any type that is cozy, one or two stories at most with lots of room for activities both inside and out. Commercial, a lot that would be good for going on a date, things to do and stuff to eat. Someplace fun.

I really don't want this in my game: I don't like the painted face makeup or tattoos, Supernatural and no CC please.

I would like lots of the following sizes: Anything from 10x10 to 40x40.

I enjoy/don't enjoy berry, occult sims, etc. Don't---I usually play "people" sims, if they are at your grocery store that's what I play.

I would/would not enjoy pets in the household: I love pets, but don't have that EP, so would not like.

Other~ (Describe here anything that you would really like.) I would love to get something full of imagination and whimsical either residential or commercial. OR a lot with lots of fun things to do for kids and adults.
  • Options
    Hi Sharon and welcome back!!! Very nice to see you and glad you're joining us again! :)
  • Options
    tanubanue wrote: »
    Hi Sharon and welcome back!!! Very nice to see you and glad you're joining us again! :)
    Thanks hon. Good to see y'all too. :smiley:

YShQCz1.png
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Okay Here is my letter :smile:

Username: Catdog123

Expansion Packs and Stuff Packs I have installed: All of them

I have the following Store Content: I have pretty much all of the sets/venues that come with a premium content item except for the bubble gum machine, teppanyaki table and the wind chimes each of which I bought individually. I own all of the premium content except for the high tech toilet. I have most of the hair styles so if you make me a Sim don’t worry about what hair you use. If its one of the few I don’t own I can probably get the hair. I own a lot of the clothes and build buy objects but not all, many of them were bought individually when they were on sale and its just too much to go through. Especially the misc decor, I am totally addicted to misc decor. Some sets I have that don’t have a premium content item with it are; Indian Inspirations Collection, Adventurous Life collection, the Prom Night set, World Inspirations Compilation, Kingdom of Cambodia, Zen Again Bath, Asian Fusion, All of the Ultra Lounge, Le Cirque Esprit, Boho Men’s collection, Bay Side Kitchen and Bath, Jet set elders, Summer Cool nights clothing, Casual Chic Set, Date Night, Celtic Lands, All of the Future Shock Content, Edwardian Kitchen, Loads of Laundry, Fairy Folk Slumber, Loud Clash and Fast Bed and Attire, One with Nature, Level Up Collection, June 2011 compilation, Waning Moon, Nautical Living, and the Now and then Manor.

I have the following Worlds: All of the worlds.

Some of my favorite Colors are: I really enjoy colors on the “cool” end of the color spectrum like greens, blues and purples however, I like all colors. For example I think red is amazing accent color.

I really don't like this Color: There really isn’t a color I don’t like but would prefer something that isn’t overly Neon unless it really suits the sim or lot.

I love to use this set: Bayside Kitchen is my favorite kitchen set, I like the variety of cabinets that come with it and they seem to suit a lot of different styles of kitchens with the use of create a style. I also really love some of the Aurora Sky's decor pieces like the wall shelves which lots of clutter on them.

I play mostly in this world: Storybrook County by My Sim Realty. I also enjoy two of her other worlds: Evansdale County and Meadow Glen. All of them are CC and CAP free and I highly recommend them. Storybrook and Evansdale both have 3 major sections of the world which are Urban/city, Suburban, and Rural so you can really make any style of build or sim work well in those worlds and the different areas feel nice and separate but you can travel between the three to enjoy all of the settings. For example I love for the parents in my farm family being able to get dressed up and go out for a nice dinner at a lounge in the city for a date night. For EA worlds I still enjoy Sunset Valley even to this day. I also like Moonlight Falls, Sunlit Tides and Starlight Shores but don’t play much in the later as I have a hard time updating it for expansions but I enjoy it’s aesthetics. I enjoy building for Lunar Lakes and Dragon Valley as well as they both really fit a very different kind of build which can be fun to build for I think.

I enjoy this style of build the most: I like a variety of builds to be honest. I like modern and older construction. My favorite is a mixture of the two, for example one of my favorite builds I have made is a farmhouse that has been “renovated” to be a mixture of contemporary and vintage design. I also love really nice landscaping and if it’s a home I prefer it to have some clutter but with enough space for a sim to easily move around. I also love water features in homes and public lots.

I really don't want this in my game: While I like modern things what I don’t like is super stark and cold ultra modern homes. A house that is totally in black, white and grey colors for example just doesn’t feel very home like to me. When I do modern homes I often go for lots of windows, bold accent colors and lots of plants. For sims, no mummies please, I have a mummy I created myself but the slow walk speed just makes them really hard to play for me. Also despite having the sweet treats sp I would prefer most of the content not be used. I really only have it for the candy and sweets bar I put in a mall I built and for the Jessica Rabbit dress for my Jessica Rabbit sim. No CC but this event is CC free so that should not be an issue.

I would like lots of the following sizes: For public lots any size works but for a home please nothing bigger than 50 by 50.

I enjoy/don't enjoy berry, occult sims, etc. – All occults are good for me except for mummies as I stated earlier. I don’t care for berry sims that are supposed to be humans. To better explain I am fine with fairies, mer sIms, etc with berry skin tones. I am also fine berry Sims that are technically humans by game standards but are designed to be a fantasy sim such as elven sim with pointy ears and berry skin. My favorite occults are fairies, mer sims, vampires and aliens.

I would/would not enjoy pets in the household: All pets are fine.

Other~ (Describe here anything that you would really like.) - For Sims I really enjoy playing a couple or a single Sim. I also like families but prefer to start out with smaller families with one or two kids so I can add on to the family as I play. I also prefer no more than 2 pets at the start for the same reason as I listed for the kids. I like sims with a little bit of character to them, I like pretty sims as much as the next simmer but also like for them to have some sort of interesting characteristic. Living in a town full of nothing but sims that look like models makes me think of the Stepford Wives. I think sims of all shapes and sizes just like people are beautiful. I really like purple eyes as a side note. For builds I like all sorts of home sizes but am personally looking for smaller homes at the moment. A world I am currently renovating has a lot of 20 by 20 and 20 by 30 lots and would love a home that fits on one of those lot sizes. For public lots I am always looking for fun places for my Sims to hangout: clubs, bars, restaurants, shops, parks, etc the Sky is the limit really. I also would like a public lot built for dragon valley as I am also making a save file for that world. Now these are just some starting points of course as I really would love to see some creativity and for the buddies’ personality to shine in the creation. I am sure anything you build I will love even if it doesn’t fit anything I have mentioned above. Often times my favorite creations are ones where I forced myself to make something different than what I would normally like and have fallen in love with it after it was done because it was different.
    Post edited by Catdog123 on
    Siggy_4.jpg
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »
    It is great that you are going to be a part of the exchange @catdog123 and @kgaff :) ! Happy simming!
    I hope that you will be able to join the exchange as well @anettesb :)

Its nice to see you again Rose. Your comments and feedback are always so kind, uplifting and helpful. :smiley:
    Siggy_4.jpg
  • Options
    ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    Welcome back, @blacksheba1973 and @Kgaff!
    GLAD you could join in the fun once more :smiley:

Hello and nice to meet you, @Catdog123 :smile:
    Welcome! These gift exchanges are enjoyable in many ways ~ meet new friends, chat and possibly learn new tips while getting inspiration for build ideas (I always do when I see the things people create!), as well as get a shopping cart full of new game goodies.
  • Options
    YellowJaneYellowJane Posts: 6,589 Member
    'Sup fam! *waves at aunts*

WELL!

tumblr_mqqumpAsW01r65wm7o1_500.gif

A gift exchange! It's nice to see some of these things are still going on, over here. I can't join this one, but I did want to stop by and say hello on the thread - as well as letting you know what a great thing it is you're doing :smile: I do miss the old forums lots and lots, so it's really nice that at least a few old faces are here when I drop in.

I hope you're all doing great :blush::wink: Miss ya :cry:

YJ
  • Options
    ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    @YellowJane

Oh, please... what is it with this waving business? *pulls YJ in for a quick hug!*

Sorry you are unable to join this one :( but please pencil time into your busy schedule to stop in the thread from time to time and chat away, if you can. We'd love to see YOU more often!

Things are going rather well on my end. One more week of school for teen (7 finals as the 8th was already taken!) and then she is a... senior in high school come August!!! My one & only is a year away from college. Excited. Happy. Going to miss seeing her on a daily basis. Whatever will I do with all of my "new" free time?

Miss you too,
    Aunt Addy