May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

JAMMIN JULY GIFT EXCHANGE ~~~ SIMS 3 ONLY ~~~ CC FREE ~~~ Gifting Now Open!!!!! :)

Comments

• Options
    ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    Shannen wrote: »
    @Adwilson *attempts to make her eyes watery and pouts*....You do realise that you've upset me..right? I mean, here I am.. trying to be a good fluffy niece and what do you do? You insult my intelligence, you compare me to that insufferable know it all @Cmbaker16 ...and whats worse...you make me count numbers...and I really hate counting 1,2, 3, 5, 6, 9, 7, 4,10 ..and then...then you have the audacity to tell me to not leave pawprints? I don't even know who you are anymore.!!!

At least @Tanubanue still as Ricky as her avi so I can control the urge to cry.

<3

@Shannen

Poor, poor you... trying to be all good and fluffy... no need to count any more 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11, 13... if you weren't busy trying not to cry you would have noticed that I didn't say "no paw prints", I said "no messy ink ones" <- there is a difference (*ahem*wiggle room loophole thingy*ahem) as any well-groomed cat can attest to. Unless your paw prints are always messy ink ones... hmm **raises eyebrow**

You can still take the time to gaze/admire Ricky as you pull yourself together.

<3 always
  • Options
    ShannenShannen Posts: 2,811 Member
    @Adwilson When do I ever read anything that I should? So you expect me to not get messy when I use ink? That's absurd! :)

Sadly.. Ricky as fount a pretty mermaid over in Lucky Palms and I'm not messing with the wrath of a mermaid..so I need to start getting over him. *Sigh*

<3
  • Options
    When do I ever read anything that I should? So you expect me to not get messy when I use ink? That's absurd! :)

We simply can't be absurd now, can we?! That would upset the whole flow of things.
    And here I thought a princess Kitty would delegate messy stuff to someone like... perhaps a certain robot... just thinking out loud
    Sadly.. Ricky as fount a pretty mermaid over in Lucky Palms and I'm not messing with the wrath of a mermaid..so I need to start getting over him. *Sigh*

<3

No, I agree! No need to risk the wrath of a mermaid, but no harm in window shopping...
  • Options
    @ADWilson What?! Now you are comparing me to a piece of scrap metal? Auntie..this is not good! You are right and what the mermaid doesn't know, won't hurt her.. lol <3
  • Options
    @Shannen You make me laugh so much! It is just one of the things that I <3 about you.

Cleo looks a bit calmer since her teddybear was found :smiley: The picture made me think of a little girl holding her precious bear, getting ready for a sleepover.
  • Options
    SilvakristiinaSilvakristiina Posts: 444 Member
    Like it, like it, like it! :blush: I need to check that I have time to build for this before I rush making a letter...

Just a little notion, it's hard to read when everything is written caps lock on, I skipped that part completely... :/The more important thing to read, the easyer it should be to read :blush:
  • Options
    @rosemow, I just got an idea... ;) If you wan to know a secret, I'll tell you it in a private message, since that is what this thread is all about...
  • Options
    Like it, like it, like it! :blush: I need to check that I have time to build for this before I rush making a letter...

Hopefully you do find the time and can join in all the fun!
    Just a little notion, it's hard to read when everything is written caps lock on, I skipped that part completely... :/The more important thing to read, the easyer it should be to read :blush:

That is an interesting point, thanks for mentioning it. Will let @tanubanue know and perhaps she could use caps on certain bits, bold or underline other bobs for ease in reading.

The things that are currently in CAPS are important pieces of information and shouldn't be skipped or overlooked... especially since the majority of it is in the "Dates and Rules ~~ Please Read Over!!" post (very important stuff!) and we do want people reading that post so that Tanu and I don't have to spend many posts answering questions that are already discussed there. We'll see what we can do to make it an easier read for all :)
  • Options
    Thank you @ADWilson :) I red it again and hope I understood it all :) I got inspired by both letters already... ;)
  • Options
    Thank you @ADWilson :) I red it again and hope I understood it all :) I got inspired by both letters already... ;)

@Silvakristiina

Terrific! If you have any questions, please ask (either here on the thread or you can private message me) because knowing & understanding how the gift exchange works makes participating in it much, much easier.

Both CM and Shannen are fun and very creative! GLAD you have found some inspiration with their letters... hopefully that will help you find the time to take part in this :)
  • Options
    cmbaker16cmbaker16 Posts: 9,172 Member
    @Shannen: I'd just like to point out I'm not an insufferable know-it-all if that was the case I'd be a genius which I'm so not :lol: and I see your going to punish our simselves 100 kids each you must be crazy though I did give you the idea...hmmm...let's not go into that :p

@Silvakristiina: oh yes the gift exchange is great fun :D so are the people who join in and the host @Tanbanu & @ADWilson are great, their both also very helpful anytime during the exchange so don't hesitate to ask them anything, if your lucky they may even help you come up with ideas if you get stuck :D Do hope you join :D
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    I might join just have to make sure the dates don't colide with vacation... I know 1 check in day colide with my birthday (and that might make it hard to check in on that day)

so let me see if I got the dates right.. (I know there is a list but all caps for so long and my head spin = I don't recal what I read that well)

june 12 lates sign up 6 in the morning est US time

june 13 we get the names in pm

june 15 check in (that might be a problem)

june 29 check in

july 13 check in

july 17-22 gifting ... (I might be out of town from the 20... but if I gift early that might work)

hmm that was atleast 10 up and down to check... I hope I got it right...
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    anettesb wrote: »
    I might join just have to make sure the dates don't colide with vacation... I know 1 check in day colide with my birthday (and that might make it hard to check in on that day)

so let me see if I got the dates right.. (I know there is a list but all caps for so long and my head spin = I don't recal what I read that well)

june 29 check in

july 13 check in

july 17-22 gifting ... (I might be out of town from the 20... but if I gift early that might work)

@anettesb

Please do! do! do!
    Hopefully you can join us! It is a lot of fun for all :smiley:

Just a little clarification on the dates you mentioned...
    Sign Ups - going on now through June 12th, deadline for letters is the 12th is 6pm (EST)
    Names given on June 13th, deadline for sending out names is 6pm (EST)
    Name check-in by June 15th, can let us know as soon as you get your name

Gifting any time during the gifting period is perfectly acceptable. All we ask is that if a Buddy is going to be late delivering their gifts (meaning gifts won't drop until the end of the gifting period or afterwards), that they let us know so we can assure their Buddy that they are not being forgotten. Our goal is too ensure that all Buddies receive at least one homemade gift during the gifting period.
  • Options
    ADWilson wrote: »

june 29 check in

july 13 check in

@anettesb

Please do! do! do!
    Hopefully you can join us! It is a lot of fun for all :smiley:

Just a little clarification on the dates you mentioned...
    Sign Ups - going on now through June 12th, deadline for letters is the 12th is 6pm (EST)
    Names given on June 13th, deadline for sending out names is 6pm (EST)
    Name check-in by June 15th, can let us know as soon as you get your name

Gifting any time during the gifting period is perfectly acceptable. All we ask is that if a Buddy is going to be late delivering their gifts (meaning gifts won't drop until the end of the gifting period or afterwards), that they let us know so we can assure their Buddy that they are not being forgotten. Our goal is too ensure that all Buddies receive at least one homemade gift during the gifting period.

thank you I know it is fun (I done it before)

just had a hard time reading the big blocks of cap text... though I do think I know the rules from before... so the dates was the important thing to get a feel of.

I try to see if I got time energy... I think I do...

🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    tanubanuetanubanue Posts: 4,116 Member

Hi and Welcome Silva! Nice to meet you! I'm sorry you had trouble reading the caps but I find that if I don't cap the important parts people will just skim right over and not read it. If you want pm me and I"ll explain anything you need me to and I promise I won't cap a single thing! :)
  • Options

june 29 check in

july 13 check in

Hi Anette!! I so hope that you can join! The check in dates are really an on or before date so it doesn't have to be that exact day if you have something going on. If you join I now know that the 15th is a busy day for you so I will make a note to send your name first. As soon as you get it just reply right away then you'll be all set. Ok?

I hope you have fun plans for your birthday! :)

• Options
    @Shannen See now I am the easier Auntie! lol No going on about messy prints and such from me nope nope nope

*Waits for Auntie Addy to hold you down as tickle fest is in order!*
  • Options
    @Adwilson Awwwww <3 I'm glad I make you laugh, makes the year I spent at clown college all the more worthwhile. Oh whoa, whoa, woah! Anubis is precious, what you saying? Checky! Don't let Cleo hear all that nonsense about sleepovers. I honestly think that Cleo is very vulnerable, I think..trapped inside that papyrus mass of dried up banage (I haven't been gross in a while) is a scared, innocent hearted girl..I think Anubis is her comfort on some levels, her way of coping.

@silvakristiina Oh do join! Please don't leave me stuck with the insufferable know it all! I cannot cope! Your unicorn avi is adorable :)

@cmbaker16 All I hear is blah, blah, blah! Ok, so you are not a know it all but you are certainly insufferable and as the good rabbit once said.. "Don't answer me back, my word is law..the last word is mine."
    Oh and 100 baby challenge each..did you really? I wasn't sure since we usually both come up with crazy ideas! I'm not crazy dear friend, I am simply insane..there is a difference!

@Anettesb On the last but one, some of us checked in a day or two earlier..perhaps Tanu and Addy will all us to do that again?

<3
  • Options
    tanubanue wrote: »

june 29 check in

july 13 check in

Hi Anette!! I so hope that you can join! The check in dates are really an on or before date so it doesn't have to be that exact day if you have something going on. If you join I now know that the 15th is a busy day for you so I will make a note to send your name first. As soon as you get it just reply right away then you'll be all set. Ok?

I hope you have fun plans for your birthday! :)

thank you

no plans as of yet... but yea.. nice to know I can just check in a little before hand
  • Options

@Anettesb On the last but one, some of us checked in a day or two earlier..perhaps Tanu and Addy will all us to do that again?

<3

did just said ok... so thats good
  • Options
    tanubanue wrote: »
    @Shannen See now I am the easier Auntie! lol No going on about messy prints and such from me nope nope nope

*Waits for Auntie Addy to hold you down as tickle fest is in order!*

And with a comment like that... I shall rope @Shannen into helping me hold you down and tickling YOU!
  • Options
    @Tanuabanue I agree! You are the sweeter auntie but you both are my favourite auntie!

@Adwilson Sorry but I'm siding with Auntie Tanu on this one.. *smile innocently*

@Anettesb Oh alright, I didn't see that before I replied as I'' on my phone and it makes it extremely difficult for me to refresh to check and I didn't want to be rude.

<3
  • Options
    @Tanuabanue I agree! You are the sweeter auntie but you both are my favourite auntie!

@Adwilson Sorry but I'm siding with Auntie Tanu on this one.. *smile innocently*

@Anettesb Oh alright, I didn't see that before I replied as I'' on my phone and it makes it extremely difficult for me to refresh to check and I didn't want to be rude.

<3

@Shannen

Fine! Be that way. I'm out-of-here.

Have a fun family day planned. Be back later. Bye!
  • Options
    @Adwilson Now I feel guilty lol have a great day :)<3