Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Was anything REALLY accomplished in yesterday's ask a guru session ?

Comments

• Options
    mwyatt139mwyatt139 Posts: 374 Member
    Those who get defensive when you tell the truth just don't want to face it
    Link to my Facebook feel free to friend me: https://www.facebook.com/Spiritualanddifferent
    Link to my blog: https://www.merismusings.wordpress.com
    Link to my Twitter (used mainly for promoting my blog): https://twitter.com/BridgetW1990
    Add me on Origin: mwyatt139

event.png
  • Options
    sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    tkwolf wrote: »

Someone else asked if there was going to be anything for kids in the pack and the answer to that was....

This specific pack is focused on parties for the teens/adults once the kids go to sleep, but we definitely hear you!

This sounds very familiar....

[can't find a pic of the tweet, sorry]

A simmer tweeted this to him:

Hayley Marie @thatsimsgirl
    @SimGuruGrant what i dont like: no toddlers. why: its supposed to be a life simulation game; how can legacy players have real legacies now?

Grant Rodiek @SimGuruGrant
    @thatsimsgirl We hear you loud and clear on this one :)
    6:10 PM - 25 Jul 2014

Or how about when the gurus straight up tell us to "stop asking" about things because they have no comment.

ubMzy6t.png

This literally left me speechless. *facepalm* I really wanna use that pic as a signature in this forum, but I feel like I'll be facing some consequences because the truth hurts lol

Lmao I know, I'm waiting to get a warning or something for even posting that.
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    edited May 2015
    mwyatt139 wrote: »
    *cough* EA/simgurus *cough*
  • Options
    I don't want to get banned but I'm not going to remove my comment as it is true, we've all been thinking it. Someone had to say it, right?
    Link to my Facebook feel free to friend me: https://www.facebook.com/Spiritualanddifferent
    Link to my Twitter (used mainly for promoting my blog): https://twitter.com/BridgetW1990

event.png
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,862 Member
    Astro wrote: »

But we have that awesome new luxury pack! :o Who cares about other issues! Just buy the pack and be in luxurious denial!
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    @jcp011c2 *sarcastic laughter*

event.png
  • Options
    jcp011c2 wrote: »

But we have that awesome new luxury pack! :o Who cares about other issues! Just buy the pack and be in luxurious denial!
    Silly me, who needs actual fun when you can eat chocolate covered strawberries till you angry poop yourself?

Does one get the "fruity poop" moodlet?
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    meeounmeeoun Posts: 2,173 Member

Someone else asked if there was going to be anything for kids in the pack and the answer to that was....

This specific pack is focused on parties for the teens/adults once the kids go to sleep, but we definitely hear you!

This sounds very familiar....

[can't find a pic of the tweet, sorry]

A simmer tweeted this to him:

Hayley Marie @thatsimsgirl
    @SimGuruGrant what i dont like: no toddlers. why: its supposed to be a life simulation game; how can legacy players have real legacies now?

Grant Rodiek @SimGuruGrant
    @thatsimsgirl We hear you loud and clear on this one :)
    6:10 PM - 25 Jul 2014

Or how about when the gurus straight up tell us to "stop asking" about things because they have no comment.

ubMzy6t.png

Also, How can legacy players have real legacies without working family trees?!
  • Options

Silly me, who needs actual fun when you can eat chocolate covered strawberries till you angry poop yourself?

Does one get the "fruity poop" moodlet?
    Yes, there's also the option to take a "luxurious" poop! :D
  • Options
    EsnesNommocEsnesNommoc Posts: 1,243 Member
    edited May 2015
    I think a lot were asking irrelevant questions and making irrelevant post. Also that fighting happened and what not. :O
    This makes me wonder, sometimes, that if I could participate in Ask a Guru...
    ... I could save the day.
    B)
    Sorry, horrible joke. :p
  • Options
    blueasbutterflyblueasbutterfly Posts: 3,425 Member

Exactly, and pushing away the former fan base without having a new one is not sensible. Tbh though I wouldn't be surprised if there was no Sims 5

Oh, I definitely agree. It seems like sims 4 is going very, very, badly. They'd have to be pretty ballsy imo to bring out a sims 5 at this point.
    At this point if they dropped a sims 5 on us and it was better than TS4, I think it'll make a few people happy.

I'd love it if they came out with an amazingly polished sims 5 that earned its place among the ranks of true Sims games. I'd be beyond thrilled. I'd probably cry, in fact, after trying so hard to get into 4 and failing, oh to fall into a new Sims game and be lost for hours... but in truth, I just don't think Simmers are important to them anymore. :'(
    You're right. But just imagine if TS4 was a joke and they were just bidding their time till they finished a perfect TS5...

I'm never going to be thrilled about what they did with ts4 and they've lost my preorder dollars for life. I think the way they've handled ts4 is going to be remembered the way the Sim City fiasco was - and they've now closed that studio down. But look at how well Cities: Skylines is doing. In a lot of ways, the failure of Sim City paved the way for Skylines to do extraordinarily well. So maybe EA just isn't into simulators anymore. Maybe they're not into PC anymore.

The truth is I'll never feel right about giving EA my money again. I'd be much more enthused about another company making a life sim. But it will happen, because there's a market. All I can do is speculate along with everyone else... might not be totally in line with your comment but I'm imagining :3
    toddlersig3_zps62792e0c.jpg
  • Options

Exactly, and pushing away the former fan base without having a new one is not sensible. Tbh though I wouldn't be surprised if there was no Sims 5

Oh, I definitely agree. It seems like sims 4 is going very, very, badly. They'd have to be pretty ballsy imo to bring out a sims 5 at this point.
    At this point if they dropped a sims 5 on us and it was better than TS4, I think it'll make a few people happy.

I'd love it if they came out with an amazingly polished sims 5 that earned its place among the ranks of true Sims games. I'd be beyond thrilled. I'd probably cry, in fact, after trying so hard to get into 4 and failing, oh to fall into a new Sims game and be lost for hours... but in truth, I just don't think Simmers are important to them anymore. :'(
    You're right. But just imagine if TS4 was a joke and they were just bidding their time till they finished a perfect TS5...

I'm never going to be thrilled about what they did with ts4 and they've lost my preorder dollars for life. I think the way they've handled ts4 is going to be remembered the way the Sim City fiasco was - and they've now closed that studio down. But look at how well Cities: Skylines is doing. In a lot of ways, the failure of Sim City paved the way for Skylines to do extraordinarily well. So maybe EA just isn't into simulators anymore. Maybe they're not into PC anymore.

The truth is I'll never feel right about giving EA my money again. I'd be much more enthused about another company making a life sim. But it will happen, because there's a market. All I can do is speculate along with everyone else... might not be totally in line with your comment but I'm imagining :3
    I still agree with this post 100% though! ;)
  • Options

This is what I always hoped for, for EA to have some competition on the series. Then maybe they would be more inclined to add things we want, instead of the "well, people will spend money no matter what so we can just half bake it" attitude they seem to have now.
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options

This so much this. After SimCity I vowed to never preorder a game that wasn't a Sid Mieier's game ever again. I have broken that vow twice already.

I preordered Cities Skylines because it looked beautiful and I needed to get the bad taste of SimCity out of my mouth. I have had a very good experience with it thus far.

Also preordered GTW and have been very disappointed with it.

Two strikes EA. I'm not saying I'll never buy another product but I'm definitely done with preordering from you again.
  • Options
    I think a lot were asking irrelevant questions and making irrelevant post. Also that fighting happened and what not. :O
    B)

I don't even bother participating in those sessions anymore. The previous session deleted all my suggestions and questions.

I'm appalled by the amount of ridiculous and friutless questions in those sessions that are asked. I swear they must make fake account to ask questions concerning "what their favorite color is" or "the amount of time it takes to make a stuff pack with 10 items".. They must do this to keep that thread going. Otherwise those sessions would be a spam of " ...we hear you.." or "..sorry, we can't talk about future content right now.."
  • Options
    meeoun wrote: »
    B)

I don't even bother participating in those sessions anymore. The previous session deleted all my suggestions and questions.

I'm appalled by the amount of ridiculous and friutless questions in those sessions that are asked. I swear they must make fake account to ask questions concerning "what their favorite color is" or "the amount of time it takes to make a stuff pack with 10 items".. They must do this to keep that thread going. Otherwise those sessions would be a spam of " ...we hear you.." or "..sorry, we can't talk about future content right now.."

If you aren't one of their favorites they will pretty much ignore you. I do agree how many absurd things were said in that thread is ridiculous though.
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    Jackson OneJackson One Posts: 30 Member
    Ask a Guru sessions should be more open and general. It's about the only time people get responded to. I can see why they thought it was a good idea but every time I read one these days it's mainly just suck-ups asking questions that nobody cares about/are irrelevant to a thread where important things could get noticed.
  • Options
    Mollypup9Mollypup9 Posts: 518 Member
    I stopped even reading the Ask a Guru posts ages ago.

Nothing is really said in them anyway. They ignore any real questions or feedback, so what is the point?
  • Options
    Wildley CuriousWildley Curious Posts: 5,349 Member
    edited May 2015
    Does anyone know how long it'll take to add the last session to the archives? The last one listed is from April.
    “I was so sure that I knew what they needed and what I wanted to sell them that I never stopped long enough to find out what it was they wanted to buy.”
    ― Chris Murray, The Extremely Successful Salesman's Club
  • Options
    B)

If you aren't one of their favorites they will pretty much ignore you. I do agree how many absurd things were said in that thread is ridiculous though.

No, it's not about favorites it's about the content of you question. Any question that questions the game's quality or lack thereof will be either deleted or ignored.
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,380 Member
    Someone said in a post before, the gurus are between a rock and a hard place. Looks to me like they're heaped on by both sides, suits saying "You gotta keep your mouths shut about future eps," and the sims community demanding to end the silence or worse yet, lame answers because that's all they can say.

I am interested in the future gps and eps, not so much sps, but I also have patience and eventually this burning question will be answered.

I have given up on Ask A Guru also, I just go to threads that simmers have made and I get all the info I need...thanks group. :D

All this pulling hair out and gnashing of teeth is a waste of time to me...EA will do what they want as they don't care about their customers OR the souls who are reaping all this.

And what happened to GuruBChick?
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    B)

No, it's not about favorites it's about the content of you question. Any question that questions the game's quality or lack thereof will be either deleted or ignored.

Well its funny how they seem to only answer people's questions who they have a good relationship with and/or is known to praise the game.
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    B)

Well its funny how they seem to only answer people's questions who they have a good relationship with and/or is known to praise the game.
    It's very suspicious... :#
  • Options
    B)

It's not rocket science. I will say it again.
    B)

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top