May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Was anything REALLY accomplished in yesterday's ask a guru session ?

Comments

• Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    jcp011c2 wrote: »
    Scobre wrote: »

OMG. (this is all directed to them not you Scobre, just so you don't take it the wrong way.). Let's all just blame Maxis now that "we've (EA) has shut down the office that worked on the product and can no longer defend themselves. Way to throw a company under the bus EA. What a unprofessional tactic to take.

The comments indicate that came out two years ago.

Oh! thanks. I stand corrected. Still not very nice though.

No, I know :(
  • Options
    mwyatt139mwyatt139 Posts: 374 Member
    If you think about it being a life simulator, life takes many turns and needs an analytic and a creative emotional component as well in order to be life. Life without consequences is just play. I know that the Sims is supposed to be fun...however, I need to know there are consequences to actions rather than just drinking a potion or eating one meal to instantly change your mood. I say get rid of the potions because they're an easy fix and all the reward that focus on not needing sleep, to pee, to be social, to be hungry or entertained. Like the potions, it's an easy fix in my opinion. You can get the same effect out of the debug cheats. With the debug cheats you either know about them or you don't and you have enough restraint to only use them in an emergency. You know the potions and aspiration rewards are there and you just need the reward points to get them (reward points are easy to get after all) there's no real restraint needed. It's a fix that lasts for the sims life. What kind of life is that not needing to attend to basic needs? It's wishful thinking and I know this is a simulator and is supposed to be fun...but life isn't like that. A life simulator in my opinion should be able to SIMULATE real life as closely as possible. Not taking care of basic needs because they're always full isn't realistic at all.

For example, if you weren't hungry because you just ate then you started to feel hungry but convinced yourself you weren't hungry, you would have hunger pains and may end up in the hospital because you didn't take care of yourself. Sims should have that same consequence. It's a life simulator after all
    Link to my Facebook feel free to friend me: https://www.facebook.com/Spiritualanddifferent
    Link to my blog: https://www.merismusings.wordpress.com
    Link to my Twitter (used mainly for promoting my blog): https://twitter.com/BridgetW1990
    Add me on Origin: mwyatt139

event.png
  • Options
    sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    The point? Lots of people here seem to think that because there are so many complaints, that justifies EA ignoring them

You (and others) seem to be misunderstanding my post. I am not talking about sheer numbers of people complaining should be ignored. I am talking about the ones who come into threads with literally nothing constructive to say, only demanding what THEY want added or else they will not spend another cent. I do not think people with valid complaints and constructive criticism should be ignored.
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    Wildley CuriousWildley Curious Posts: 5,349 Member
    Jarsie9 wrote: »
    Astro wrote: »
    I questioned once what would happen if no one showed up to ask a guru because we already know the answer to every important question: "No comment."

I don't care how EA tries to spin it, it's obvious to me that negative player feedback is having an effect on every aspect of this game.

And yet "She-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named", along with every other manager responsible for this fiasco, is laughing all the way to the bank.
    Is she-who-must-not-be-named Rachel Franklin?

There is a *reason* why she-who-must-not-be-named is she-who-must-not-be-named. Figure it out.

Also, there was one particular person in the Ask-a-SimGuru thread that I wanted to swat upside the head with a large rubber tuna...or a 2x4, whichever I could get my hands on first.

That would be the person who was allowed to ask numerous questions which gave him the impression that he was some kind of junior forum mod, and was allowed to be snarky and rude to other players. Not mentioning names, but am giving a hint: Name starts with L and ends with a four digit number.

Yea, i got that. Apparently I should have used the sarcasm tag. Sorry about that.

Seeing as I'm obviously the only one here who missed that memo lol, why can't we talk about her?

I was referencing last fall/winter when people were raging so badly at her that if you mentioned her by name either the thread was deleted or you could get banned. It was very bad on the forums back then.
    “I was so sure that I knew what they needed and what I wanted to sell them that I never stopped long enough to find out what it was they wanted to buy.”
    ― Chris Murray, The Extremely Successful Salesman's Club
  • Options
    blueasbutterflyblueasbutterfly Posts: 3,425 Member
    The point? Lots of people here seem to think that because there are so many complaints, that justifies EA ignoring them

You (and others) seem to be misunderstanding my post. I am not talking about sheer numbers of people complaining should be ignored. I am talking about the ones who come into threads with literally nothing constructive to say, only demanding what THEY want added or else they will not spend another cent. I do not think people with valid complaints and constructive criticism should be ignored.

I was trying to expand on your posts, not tear them down ;)
    toddlersig3_zps62792e0c.jpg
  • Options

I was trying to expand on your posts, not tear them down ;)

Oh! Sorry for me misunderstanding then :)
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    To answer the question of the title - NO
  • Options
    tyubabird228tyubabird228 Posts: 90 Member
    An adult, at least, a smart one, realizes that the complaints will not go away if they're ignored, they look at the situation and realize that this game's fans are a unique group due to the uniqueness of the game series, and realizes that if those fans are lost, or jaded, or feel cheated, it would be really bad for the future of the franchise and their wallets. They trudge through the muck looking for diamonds and then they cut and polish them.

Unless their goal is to alienate the players and kill the franchise in favor of a more lucrative console/mobile market, anyway.

If this game series goes to console/mobile, it's going to die. I'm pretty sure most of the players won't follow it there. Like you said, the game's fans are a unique group. The die-hard fans will refuse to be pigeonholed and forced into buying these whittled down, mindless, soul-less, soul-sucking (idiot breeding?) games. The cycle will end, because you can only push so far.

Also, I've tried the console games and Sims Freeplay and all that (I was bored) - they sucked. They were shadows of true Sims games, similar to what we got with TS4, except that TS4 is deeper than those games!
  • Options
    An adult, at least, a smart one, realizes that the complaints will not go away if they're ignored, they look at the situation and realize that this game's fans are a unique group due to the uniqueness of the game series, and realizes that if those fans are lost, or jaded, or feel cheated, it would be really bad for the future of the franchise and their wallets. They trudge through the muck looking for diamonds and then they cut and polish them.

Unless their goal is to alienate the players and kill the franchise in favor of a more lucrative console/mobile market, anyway.

If this game series goes to console/mobile, it's going to die. I'm pretty sure most of the players won't follow it there. Like you said, the game's fans are a unique group. The die-hard fans will refuse to be pigeonholed and forced into buying these whittled down, mindless, soul-less, soul-sucking (idiot breeding?) games. The cycle will end, because you can only push so far.

Also, I've tried the console games and Sims Freeplay and all that (I was bored) - they sucked. They were shadows of true Sims games, similar to what we got with TS4, except that TS4 is deeper than those games!

Exactly, and pushing away the former fan base without having a new one is not sensible. Tbh though I wouldn't be surprised if there was no Sims 5 and it's deliberately being sabotaged, because there's more money to be made through console games and microtransactions on mobile games than with a really fancy PC title (or so some people seem to think.) EA has so much money, I'm pretty sure they will do just fine without the sims. Which is pretty sad for those of us who have been devoted fans for its entire run.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,091 Member
    Also, there was one particular person in the Ask-a-SimGuru thread that I wanted to swat upside the head with a large rubber tuna...or a 2x4, whichever I could get my hands on first.

That would be the person who was allowed to ask numerous questions which gave him the impression that he was some kind of junior forum mod, and was allowed to be snarky and rude to other players. Not mentioning names, but am giving a hint: Name starts with L and ends with a four digit number.
    Same here wow was that guy annoying. As usual 'ask a guru nothing useful' what they should call it was useless really this one was the worst what are you going to ask about objects hair and clothing the pictures cover any questions. Clearly they have nothing great coming out as usual I can see why they continue to be so secretive instead of giving people what they have been asking for they come out with Luxury Party Stuff.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options

Exactly, and pushing away the former fan base without having a new one is not sensible. Tbh though I wouldn't be surprised if there was no Sims 5

Oh, I definitely agree. It seems like sims 4 is going very, very, badly. They'd have to be pretty ballsy imo to bring out a sims 5 at this point.
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    pezhead7 wrote: »
    I'm looking back through the thread, and I'm seeing a lot of weak answers to a lot of weak questions.

They aren't even going back to answer questions after the thread is closed any more.

I mean ... is this even a productive use of time anymore ? It feels empty. Like they're trying to show they're communicating and listening without actually communicating.

Heck, I've seen chat bots that are more informative and engaging.

I thought a lot of the answers were pretty frivolous. I asked if there was a reason the first pak was luxury/party based......the answer....
    After working so hard in Get to Work, we thought your Sims could use some relaxing parties to wind down.

Someone else asked if there was going to be anything for kids in the pack and the answer to that was....

This specific pack is focused on parties for the teens/adults once the kids go to sleep, but we definitely hear you!

Personally I don't think the threads are very productive. But maybe I feel like that because we aren't getting answers to things we want to know.

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    I questioned once what would happen if no one showed up to ask a guru because we already know the answer to every important question: "No comment."

I don't care how EA tries to spin it, it's obvious to me that negative player feedback is having an effect on every aspect of this game.

And yet "She-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named", along with every other manager responsible for this fiasco, is laughing all the way to the bank.
    Is she-who-must-not-be-named Rachel Franklin?

There is a *reason* why she-who-must-not-be-named is she-who-must-not-be-named. Figure it out.

Yea, i got that. Apparently I should have used the sarcasm tag. Sorry about that.

Seeing as I'm obviously the only one here who missed that memo lol, why can't we talk about her?

Second on that... lol I'm seriously out of the loop of late.

--T
  • Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member

Exactly, and pushing away the former fan base without having a new one is not sensible. Tbh though I wouldn't be surprised if there was no Sims 5

Oh, I definitely agree. It seems like sims 4 is going very, very, badly. They'd have to be pretty ballsy imo to bring out a sims 5 at this point.
    At this point if they dropped a sims 5 on us and it was better than TS4, I think it'll make a few people happy.
  • Options

At this point if they dropped a sims 5 on us and it was better than TS4, I think it'll make a few people happy.

I'd love it if they came out with an amazingly polished sims 5 that earned its place among the ranks of true Sims games. I'd be beyond thrilled. I'd probably cry, in fact, after trying so hard to get into 4 and failing, oh to fall into a new Sims game and be lost for hours... but in truth, I just don't think Simmers are important to them anymore. :'(
  • Options

I'd love it if they came out with an amazingly polished sims 5 that earned its place among the ranks of true Sims games. I'd be beyond thrilled. I'd probably cry, in fact, after trying so hard to get into 4 and failing, oh to fall into a new Sims game and be lost for hours... but in truth, I just don't think Simmers are important to them anymore. :'(
    You're right. But just imagine if TS4 was a joke and they were just bidding their time till they finished a perfect TS5...
  • Options

Someone else asked if there was going to be anything for kids in the pack and the answer to that was....

This specific pack is focused on parties for the teens/adults once the kids go to sleep, but we definitely hear you!

This sounds very familiar....

[can't find a pic of the tweet, sorry]

A simmer tweeted this to him:

Hayley Marie @thatsimsgirl
    @SimGuruGrant what i dont like: no toddlers. why: its supposed to be a life simulation game; how can legacy players have real legacies now?

Grant Rodiek @SimGuruGrant
    @thatsimsgirl We hear you loud and clear on this one :)
    6:10 PM - 25 Jul 2014

Or how about when the gurus straight up tell us to "stop asking" about things because they have no comment.

ubMzy6t.png
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    mwyatt139mwyatt139 Posts: 374 Member
    @Astro I don't know whether I'd be plumbed off or happy XD
    Link to my Facebook feel free to friend me: https://www.facebook.com/Spiritualanddifferent
    Link to my blog: https://www.merismusings.wordpress.com
    Link to my Twitter (used mainly for promoting my blog): https://twitter.com/BridgetW1990
    Add me on Origin: mwyatt139

event.png
  • Options
    mwyatt139 wrote: »
    @Astro I don't know whether I'd be plumbed off or happy XD
    Lol, I for one would be happy.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    Have they really ever accomplished anything? I'm newer to the forums, but after reading through a few of them, I just don't see the point. The gurus seem to only be allowed to answer mostly basic questions (aside from a couple) that could just as easily be answered by most users on the forum, or a quick Google search... I feel like it's a PR type thing, not something set up to give us new information.

• Options
    Have they really ever accomplished anything? I'm newer to the forums, but after reading through a few of them, I just don't see the point. The gurus seem to only be allowed to answer mostly basic questions (aside from a couple) that could just as easily be answered by most users on the forum, or a quick Google search... I feel like it's a PR type thing, not something set up to give us new information.

You're right. I think they only have these so it seems like they're "part of the community" which for the most part they're not...
  • Options
    tkwolftkwolf Posts: 362 Member
    edited May 2015

This sounds very familiar....

[can't find a pic of the tweet, sorry]

A simmer tweeted this to him:

Hayley Marie @thatsimsgirl
    @SimGuruGrant what i dont like: no toddlers. why: its supposed to be a life simulation game; how can legacy players have real legacies now?

Grant Rodiek @SimGuruGrant
    @thatsimsgirl We hear you loud and clear on this one :)
    6:10 PM - 25 Jul 2014

Or how about when the gurus straight up tell us to "stop asking" about things because they have no comment.

ubMzy6t.png

This literally left me speechless. *facepalm* I really wanna use that pic as a signature in this forum, but I feel like I'll be facing some consequences because the truth hurts lol
    INTRODUCING.....TA DA DA DAAAAAA
    SIMS 4! STAR WARS!
    BU7XCq7.jpg
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,871 Member
    yes but what does Grant have to do with the Guru chats? It's been established for a while that whatever his developer skills are (and they may be fantastic, I don't know) that he is not a good mouthpiece for the company to have. Any off the fly comments that are off the cuff need to be taken with a grain of salt.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    yes but what does Grant have to do with the Guru chats? It's been established for a while that whatever his developer skills are (and they may be fantastic, I don't know) that he is not a good mouthpiece for the company to have. Any off the fly comments that are off the cuff need to be taken with a grain of salt.

We were talking about comments the gurus have made to questions from us.
    WLfAA9V.png
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top