Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

11 months later and still the same excuses

Comments

• Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited May 2015
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »

I intend on copying/pasting my question from last time that was asked within the Ask A Guru time session, yet was not answered. It received 26 likes, so I guess it's something others really wanted to know as well. To me, it goes further than just linear gameplay -- its the fact they've dismissed our feedback and did, yet again, what they wanted and not what we wanted.
    Many people expressed disappointment over the increasing amount of goal based gameplay in TS4's base game, and yet, Get to Work's MAIN features were based ALL around them. I do hope we can expect to see more sandbox EPs, and no more of the goal based ones. I'm bored to death of them.

Why do you guys focus so much on goal based/linear based gameplay and what is their purpose? Is it with the intention of expanding replay value to the game? Because it really does the opposite, IMHO.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/13581615/#Comment_13581615
    I hope you ask it again. Maybe try shortening the question a bit if possible? I noticed the attention spans during those asks sessions aren't any longer than a Tweet on Twitter.

I'm tempted to ask, "Was the Sims 4 even designed for any expansions in mind with the culling and world limitations?"
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    I'm so posting the article on the MTS group I'm in. :) Shoot someone already did it seems.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    Simmer_RaySimmer_Ray Posts: 534 Member
    the main reason why toddler is being brung up so much cause it a key stage to the sims which also the main subject that pointing out that there are so many holes in the game and the code it self i mean we all see it there a empty spot between child and babys in the code them doing that one thing trigger so many bugs and hole though out the game cause there trying to work around all the life stages but it not working one tiny thing cause turn into one big problem
    6d857729b5cf50b45c3a0cb8a112146f.gif
  • Options
    Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    I don't work for EA but I suspect it takes time to change certain fundamental things about any computer game. I would be surprised if stuff like the Party Pack being released tomorrow hasn't been essentially done for months- same with Retreat and Work- same with the stuff being released this fall. EA didn't finish S4 in August last year and then say, hey let's do a Game Pack and then release Retreat two months later. I'd say the first years worth of releases was already in the bag and ready to go on the day the base game launched. Then, maybe they really were taken by surprise over the outcry of how much people disliked S4 (I think it was more than they expected) and set to work trying to fix another PR disaster like Simcity. Now, I'd think given the outcry over toddlers they'd have been added right after pools were added, EXCEPT pools were already done- they just had to separate them out from probably the Party Pack or Outdoor Retreat, lol, or something else and download them- I mean the pools, bathing suits everything was ready to go too quickly otherwise, followed by basements and ghosts which I suspect were also culled from future packs BUT toddlers, they hadn't been done at all and they require a huge undertaking that EA doesn't seem willing to do just yet or at least not entirely devote itself to doing. That's because, assuming EA had not slotted in a Toddler Stage, EA is in a real fix- they have to take resources that should be finishing up the second years EP/SPs and already working on year three's releases to do an entire life stage losing the money on the future releases at least in the short run by giving toddlers away for "free" and delaying future release scheduling OR charging for toddlers in some fashion which is sure to spark an additional outcry and more dissatisfaction. This is most likely true for a range of features. Now, the question is why were toddlers left out in the first place?

The problem with S4, as has been touched on numerous times, is that it was most likely designed as an Online game that would necessarily require and employ a far different dynamic than a strictly solo game. When Sim City blew up in their faces, deservedly so, they scrambled to convert S4 into a standard computer game. I think S4 Online was going to be set up where you just played yourself as a Sim interacting with other people playing themselves as a Sim much like the Sims Online was ten years ago. As such you wouldn't need a baby or Toddler stage because there wouldn't be babies and toddlers playing. So they scrambled to convert the game, making the baby into an object and hoping people will get over the fact that there are no Toddlers because the effort to try and patch them in retroactively is too great for the reward given the short time span they had to switch gears. Now, maybe they are rethinking it, maybe not. Since everyone else has their guesses I'd say mine is around Christmas toddlers will arrive in some fashion and if not by that point then most likely they're not coming at all.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    I was just in the kitchen and daughter and I were talking and it dawned on me. SOE came out and told us no their would never be flying mounts in EQ2 because the game wasn't programmed for one of the axis's. A year later we got a HUGE surprise and we had flying mounts. EA/Maxi is never going to give us toddlers and they have no intention to. They are not going to even tells us no. And why you may ask? They want us to keep our hopes up and us to continue spending more and more money to purchase more expansions, more game packs and more stuff packs because the second they say nope not going to happen how many will never buy another thing for Sims 4?

Well said!
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    PandaORosePandaORose Posts: 549 Member
    I was just in the kitchen and daughter and I were talking and it dawned on me. SOE came out and told us no their would never be flying mounts in EQ2 because the game wasn't programmed for one of the axis's. A year later we got a HUGE surprise and we had flying mounts. EA/Maxi is never going to give us toddlers and they have no intention to. They are not going to even tells us no. And why you may ask? They want us to keep our hopes up and us to continue spending more and more money to purchase more expansions, more game packs and more stuff packs because the second they say nope not going to happen how many will never buy another thing for Sims 4?

Joke's on them. I don't buy games now unless they are discounted :/ I'm might not buy all of this extra content at all.
    2750512.gif~c200

• Options
    At least this thread is still in general: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/834466/simgururachel-announces-toddlers-are-being-worked-on-in-interview/p1 Maybe it will be a benefit having it in two locations. The subject is being discussed on MTS site now too.
  • Options
    BatmanFanGirlBatmanFanGirl Posts: 1,298 Member
    Kind of off topic but why doesn't another company try and develop a live simulator game?
    heartstopper-couple.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    PandaORose wrote: »

Joke's on them. I don't buy games now unless they are discounted :/ I'm might not buy all of this extra content at all.

I didn't even buy TS4 in the first place, I stood firm and never gave in to the 'check these emotions out, this game is going to awesome' which was their awkward and embarrassing live broadcast back last year.

I have an awesome Sims game thanks
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    dmel25dmel25 Posts: 1,514 Member
    Kind of off topic but why doesn't another company try and develop a live simulator game?

Love your username.

But I think it is because they fear EA will sue them.
  • Options
    AnavastiaAnavastia Posts: 6,515 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    At least this thread is still in general: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/834466/simgururachel-announces-toddlers-are-being-worked-on-in-interview/p1 Maybe it will be a benefit having it in two locations. The subject is being discussed on MTS site now too.

But it's a a complete Lie. She's completely is saying in her article they have no intentions to work on toddlers not now and haven't even given in though int he future. It's something they find not important right now. Plus she even breaks down the tech part as to why. What this guy is saying it's the complete opposite. She's saying toddlers aren't coming any time soon if ever.
  • Options
    dmel25 wrote: »

Love your username.

Can they really sue them? I mean it's competitive/capitalistic market 101. That seems like they wouldn't win in court. There are lots of FPS games or RPG they aren't suing eachother. Some games are even really similar to each other. It makes no sense to me!

PS: Thanks! This is my user name for EVERYTHING. LOL I've had it for years. :)
    heartstopper-couple.gif
  • Options
    AnavastiaAnavastia Posts: 6,515 Member

Love your username.

Can they really sue them? I mean it's competitive/capitalistic market 101. That seems like they wouldn't win in court. There are lots of FPS games or RPG they aren't suing eachother. Some games are even really similar to each other. It makes no sense to me!

They can't sue them, for a simulation game, it's just if im an indie dev you gotta have strong financial resources to make a good competitive sims game. Someone starting out isn't going to have those kinds of resources like EA. Bigger titles i don't even think they have an interest in a fanbase that is mostly female.
  • Options
    Anavastia wrote: »

Love your username.

They can't sue them, for a simulation game, it's just if im an indie dev you gotta have strong financial resources to make a good competitive sims game. Someone starting out isn't going to have those kinds of resources like EA. Bigger titles i don't even think they have an interest in a fanbase that is mostly female.

It seems that the target aduence are now teenage boys with the 'bro traits' with focus on pranks and woohoo and teenage girls with 'cute guys' and pink trees

Mature players are 'too old' it seems. At 27, I feel that TS3 is the most mature Sims game for me
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    PandaORosePandaORose Posts: 549 Member

I didn't even buy TS4 in the first place, I stood firm and never gave in to the 'check these emotions out, this game is going to awesome' which was their awkward and embarrassing live broadcast back last year.

I'm glad you did. I miss that game sooo much...and the sims 2 and 1. I got this game for discount, but I still had to pay money. It's an okay game but not the best. I also want to collect all the games and the eps, but I might rethink that idea...More power to ya for staying strong :)
    2750512.gif~c200

• Options
    edited May 2015

Love your username.

It seems that the target aduence are now teenage boys with the 'bro traits' with focus on pranks and woohoo and teenage girls with 'cute guys' and pink trees

Mature players are 'too old' it seems. At 27, I feel that TS3 is the most mature Sims game for me

Ya. I'm 36. I find the potty humor pretty 🐸🐸🐸🐸. Also why the heck are they changing all these words? I don't understand!
    heartstopper-couple.gif
  • Options
    ArielDelphinusArielDelphinus Posts: 628 Member

Yeah I decided after GTW and how small the map was that I won't be paying full price for any Sims 4 game again.
    “Because if you don't stand up for the stuff you don't like, when they come for the stuff you do like, you've already lost.”
    ― Neil Gaiman
  • Options

I'm glad you did. I miss that game sooo much...and the sims 2 and 1. I got this game for discount, but I still had to pay money. It's an okay game but not the best. I also want to collect all the games and the eps, but I might rethink that idea...More power to ya for staying strong :)

I will never give in to 'their vision'

I follow Will Wright's vision, he is my Master and I am his disciple :triumph:

Love your username.

Ya. I'm 36. I find the potty humor pretty 🐸🐸🐸🐸. Also why the heck are they changing all these words? I don't understand!

I played TS1 when I was 12, I wouldn't have thought too much of the daft humour even then
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    profanedogprofanedog Posts: 108 Member
    This sure blew up.
  • Options

Love your username.

Exactly even though gamin stastics say that majority of players are over 30 now and that the younger audience isn't into gaming like the older ones. Equally the female audience is increasingly growing among a lot of titles. Believe it or not but skyrim has a vast female playerbase. The problem is and has remained so since i was younger is that it's still viewed as not profitable to pursue older crowds or females. They still think financially theres more to be gained for adolescent male minors.

Problem is that's just not their sims audience and they've never been able to pull them over to this game no matter what they've tried. Trying to get a competitor to see the gold mine in snatching EA's audience is hard because in honesty investors take risks if they see there is sound financial stability in making a life simulator to compete with sims.

However honestly if you ask me there is money here and always have been if not more. Ea has never been capable of bringing out a simulators true capabilities and equally any game developer that does take up this task can make a killing from the cute things they can make alone for toddlers and infants as long as the flesh them out. Along with kids, teens, etc. EA has never embraced the actual simulation game but any competitor that actually sees the true worth of this game will definately target the audience that's more than willing to spend on it. As long as they can deliver.

I LOVE Skyrim. :) I also like other games like Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Fallout, and Bioshock. Oh, I'm female! SURPRISE STATISTICS! LOL. ;)
    heartstopper-couple.gif