Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims Get Stuck in Time

Comments

• Options
    YuiVooYuiVoo Posts: 173 Member
    Yeah the rest of my game is totally fine. It's only this. I hope they fix this soon it's really annoying
  • Options
    foxxee14foxxee14 Posts: 27 Member
    I have the same issue :( It is really quite frustrating!
  • Options
    DennisAlexis84DennisAlexis84 Posts: 79 Member
    I'm a Mac user and this has been happening to me ever since the last patch (I don't even have GTW yet). My current family is unplayable at the moment because of this, because two elders passed away and the game freezes when the grim reaper arrives. Well, like you said, the time is still ticking but I can't do anything. I can't even use the save option.

I've restarted the game four times now, and every time the same thing happens, so I've given up on the game for the time being. We need a new patch, yesterday. EA, are you listening? :/
  • Options
    CrownedGDCrownedGD Posts: 73 Member
    I'm a Mac user and this has been happening to me ever since the last patch (I don't even have GTW yet). My current family is unplayable at the moment because of this, because two elders passed away and the game freezes when the grim reaper arrives. Well, like you said, the time is still ticking but I can't do anything. I can't even use the save option.

I've restarted the game four times now, and every time the same thing happens, so I've given up on the game for the time being. We need a new patch, yesterday. EA, are you listening? :/

I don't experience not being able to save. Every time this happens, I go to the options menu to save just in case it cancels out.
  • Options
    Konan_NorrisKonan_Norris Posts: 211 Member
    Just happened to me for the first time...
    Remember, no matter where you go, there you are.

giphy.gif

• Options
    SincerboxSincerbox Posts: 2,279 Member
    I recommend repair game for this. I know people have said they tried it and it did not work but make sure that when you repair the game that you remove all CC and Mods first. Also, repair the base game, the GTW expansion and the OR game pack individually. You do this in Origin by clicking on the little "i" for The Sims 4 game. The page that comes up will list the game and what expansions and game packs you have. Repair them each there. If you have mods or CC don't put them back until you have tested the game without after you have done the repairs.
    Origin ID: Barbara917
  • Options
    Evil_OneEvil_One Posts: 4,423 Member
    edited April 2015
    It's been reported: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/Multitasking-Conversation-loop-bug-Freezes-game-causes-lag/m-p/4468406#M11257

It is I believe a problem with the Multitasking conversations in TS4:GTW (usually if you look around, you'll find two sims trying to chat to each other and not succeeding, cancel that quickly enough and it prevents everything from locking up), they've made some change in the way sims talk to each other and it's screwing up the game... It's interesting to hear that it isn't just Nvidia cards however.

If you have an account and don't mind posting, add your details to the bug thread.
    raw
  • Options
    Sincerbox wrote: »
    I recommend repair game for this. I know people have said they tried it and it did not work but make sure that when you repair the game that you remove all CC and Mods first. Also, repair the base game, the GTW expansion and the OR game pack individually. You do this in Origin by clicking on the little "i" for The Sims 4 game. The page that comes up will list the game and what expansions and game packs you have. Repair them each there. If you have mods or CC don't put them back until you have tested the game without after you have done the repairs.

I've tried this many, many times and it doesn't help. Also, I have no CC or expansions. :)
  • Options
    duska3419duska3419 Posts: 180 Member
    I have the same issue. I just noticed a particularly bad case of it so I'm chiming in.
    I've got 7 sims at home and one guest just leaving. The guest also got frozen on the sidewalk outside. Two sims were doing their research on computers. Three were eating breakfast, one was just waking up, another was sleeping.
    The sims remained frozen while time marched on for 2.5 sim hours. I'm reporting it cuz it's never gone that long before, usually no more than one sim hour. Four of them are now "MISSING WORK/SCHOOL"
    I tried pausing and unpausing, speeding up and down time. It kicked back into gear when I went into build mode.
  • Options
    zarazitasimszarazitasims Posts: 222 Member
    Im having the same issue. I have had no trouble until this morning.
    I happens when one of my household is dieing and death comes in and turns the sim into a grave.
    This sim has already died and I made him a ghost , then turned him back to live. Wonder if thats the issue.
  • Options
    Im going to remove him from my household and see if that helps.
  • Options
    Looks like my plan worked.
  • Options
    Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    edited April 2015
  • Options
    Sadly, the latest patch didn't fix this issue. :/ My family is totally unplayable because of this, as soon as the elders pass away, the game freezes and I can't even save...

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/827096/game-crashing-freezing-since-march-patch-gtw-installed
  • Options
    egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    I saw this earlier this morning, before I uninstalled/reinstalled origin and sims4 (up to camping only, left off holiday and GTW for now), sim took the longest brisk shower I'd ever seen and her sister just stood looking in the mirror, not practicing speech like I told her to. (Not in the same room.) Time ran for an hour or so, then warped backwards... I quit without saving at that point and pulled the plug on ALL of it again.

So far, without GTW, I haven't seen this. But I had a different weird thing happen, where the game decided to help me populate my maps even though I have Fill Empty Homes unchecked. I moved one family into WC, went to OS and moved in another family... went back to WC to find THREE MORE moved in, even though I have it set so I can do it manually.

What the...?

So there's definitely been some NEW gremlins introduced with yesterday's (needed) patch... and they can't be GTW-specific, because I don't HAVE that installed here right now.

Here's some of my info, let me know if you want the whole (updated) dxdiag, I just hate to post something that long unless it's necessary.

Operating System Microsoft Windows 8.1
    Central Processor AMD A10-5750M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics

Graphics
    Video Adapter AMD Radeon HD 8650G
    Video Memory 768.00 MB
    Screen Resolution 1600 x 900
    Storage
    Total Memory 7.19 GB
    Free Memory 3.92 GB
    Total Hard disk 697.43 GB
    Free Hard disk 418.37 GB
    I/O
    Mouse HID-compliant mouse
    Keyboard Standard PS/2 Keyboard

Operating System
    Computer System
    Computer Name MOMSPC
    User Name HP
    Organization Hewlett-Packard
    Operating System
    OS Name Microsoft Windows 8.1
    OS Version 6.3.9600
    Product ID 00179-60939-04952-AAOEM
    System Up Time 4/14/2015 6:43:49 AM
    Internet Explorer Version 11.0.9600.17690
    Microsoft DirectX Version DirectX 11
    OpenGL Version 6.3.9600.17415 (winblue_r4.141028-1500)
    Registry
    Maximum Size NULL MB
    Current Size 99 MB
    Status OK

Processor MainBoard
    Central Processor
    CPU Name AMD A10-5750M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics
    Code Name Model 3, Stepping 1
    Manufacturer AuthenticAMD
    Current Clock Speed 2500 Mhz
    Max Clock Speed 2500 Mhz
    Voltage 1V
    External Clock 100 Mhz
    Serial Number 178BFBFF00610F31
    CPU ID AMD64 Family 21 Model 19 Stepping 1
    Socket Designation Socket FT1
    L1 Cache 192 KB
    L2 Cache 4096 KB
    Motherboard
    Model 1984
    Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard
    Serial Number PDQKF068J5O503
    BIOS Name F.35
    BIOS Vendor Insyde
    SMBIOS Version F.35
    BIOS Date 11/11/2014
  • Options
    CrownedGDCrownedGD Posts: 73 Member
    Yeah they didn't fix it in the latest patch. Guess we'll just have to wait for the next one.
  • Options
    AlisiaDAlisiaD Posts: 147 Member
    I had this problem really bad a while back. What I discovered is that one of my Sims that I had been playing previously had a heap of stuff in her inventory (she was a gardener). I went back to that household and when I deleted the stuff out of her inventory, I realised that there was thousands of harvests in there. I sold them all (made a few hundred thousand lol), and that got rid of the issue.

I am just starting to get it again slightly. I went back to playing her recently and opened up a Bakery. Some of the recipes in the bakery skill require ingredients that need to be in your inventory to make them, so I have more items in her inventory again because of this. I may have to go back and clear out her inventory again.

So you may want to check your Sims that you are no longer playing and see if there are a lot of items in their inventory. Also, I have noticed that those pesky Easter eggs accumulate very quickly if you are a gardener.

I hope this helps :smile: Good luck!
  • Options
    JlkealJlkeal Posts: 99 Member
    YuiVoo wrote: »
    Okay I'm gonna try and explain this this the best way I can. My sims are randomly getting stuck but it's weird. I'll click on a task and it won't register and the game almost freezes but I can still move the mouse and everything in the game is still moving except the sims. They'll stay in one place. The pause button won't work and time still passes. Then after a few seconds the game will start working again and the timer goes back to the time (in game) that the sims stopped moving and froze and then the game goes back to normal! But this happens randomly throughout my gameplay. Is anyone else having this problem?

I do have mods installed:
    -No Culling
    -Emotional Overload(makes moodlets last longer or is supposed to)

So many people have the same issue, so it appears to be another bug in the game. I noticed it happening after the March 26th update. At first, it seemed to affect the higher speeds of the game. Now, it is affecting the normal speed for me. It is incredibly annoying. I will usually go into buy/build mode and sit and wait until the game stops. Sometimes it pauses quickly, other times it takes about a minute or two.

And those Easter eggs. Cute...at first. Now I hate them. lol

• Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    I experienced this issue as well. I have a gaming PC so that is not the issue. When I experience the issue, I alt+tab to minimize the game. Then I maximize the game and everything goes back to normal.
  • Options
    SimPammieSimPammie Posts: 5 New Member
    I have the same issue. It didn't seem to start until I installed GTW. I have no mods, and I play in laptop mode. My system meets all requirements (exceeds in some areas). The problem seems to occur only in households with children or teens, once they start doing their homework. Usually, once I cancel their homework action, it resolves.
  • Options
    pageybearpageybear Posts: 180 Member
    i have this problem too. It just started after the most recent update. My sims just lag out and then they start moving again. It seems to happen every time a sim does their homework. I don't know if that is just a coincidence.
  • Options
    pageybearpageybear Posts: 180 Member
    edited May 2015
    Also i am on a windows pc. My computer can quite easily run this game on max settings and this just started after the patch. I removed all cc but it didn't help. I'm going to try the repair option. I will post results.

Update: Neither cleaning the inventory out of all sims nor the repair have fixed this problem. I can also confirm that this happened again twice once a sim teen or child starts doing homework. EA might want to check on that specific action because i think its related.
    Post edited by pageybear on
  • Options
    TSR-AnimationsTSR-Animations Posts: 10 New Member
    I've been having the same problem, but I already know that my computer can't run the game on high settings.
    My computer can only run the game on low settings, with almost a 50/50 chance of crashing with minimum requirements.
    I have plenty of Ram (8GB total) and Harddisk space (1TB total). Why am I only on minimum? Because of the CPU and the GPU.
    My dedicated GPU is AMD Radeon (but it only uses Intel HD graphics for some dumb reason in this game), and my CPU is Intel(r) Core(tm) i5-3210M 2.50GHz @2.50GHz (quad core).
    And I'm only running the base game (because I don't have the gamepack nor the expansion pack), running it in windowed mode because of the high chances of the game crashing.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I've been having the same problem, but I already know that my computer can't run the game on high settings.
    My computer can only run the game on low settings, with almost a 50/50 chance of crashing with minimum requirements.
    I have plenty of Ram (8GB total) and Harddisk space (1TB total). Why am I only on minimum? Because of the CPU and the GPU.
    My dedicated GPU is AMD Radeon (but it only uses Intel HD graphics for some dumb reason in this game), and my CPU is Intel(r) Core(tm) i5-3210M 2.50GHz @2.50GHz (quad core).
    And I'm only running the base game (because I don't have the gamepack nor the expansion pack), running it in windowed mode because of the high chances of the game crashing.

You might want this topic: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/776882/sims-4-and-switchable-graphics-how-to-nvidia-amd
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    CoraleenaCoraleena Posts: 4 New Member
    i am also having this issue, my sim will just stand there stuck, i cant click anything, one time it lasted for over 2 hrs game time and then her shift ended at the hospital and she went home and then i could click and direct my sim...idk whats causing it...i didnt have this issue before getting the GTW expansion, hoping it will be fixed in the next patch :)