Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims Get Stuck in Time

YuiVooYuiVoo Posts: 173 Member
Okay I'm gonna try and explain this this the best way I can. My sims are randomly getting stuck but it's weird. I'll click on a task and it won't register and the game almost freezes but I can still move the mouse and everything in the game is still moving except the sims. They'll stay in one place. The pause button won't work and time still passes. Then after a few seconds the game will start working again and the timer goes back to the time (in game) that the sims stopped moving and froze and then the game goes back to normal! But this happens randomly throughout my gameplay. Is anyone else having this problem?

I do have mods installed:
-No Culling
-Emotional Overload(makes moodlets last longer or is supposed to)
Post edited by YuiVoo on

Comments

• YuiVooYuiVoo Posts: 173 Member
    I can't be the only one with this problem...does it have to do with the patch?
  • glorynicholeglorynichole Posts: 4 New Member
    I have the same issue! I came to the forum hoping someone had a fix for this. I even unistalled the game and installed it again, and nope still living in a random state of personal pause:(
    Ugh must be a patch issue then...
  • Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    edited April 2015
    are the specs of your computers enough to play the game ? especially the memory ?

have you tried if the game improves in laptop mode ?

do you have the newest version of the No Culling mod ?

the Emotional Overcharge mod is no longer working after the GTW patch !
    i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
    are the specs of your computers enough to play the game ? especially the memory ?

have you tried if the game improves in laptop mode ?

I have no idea about my specs. My fiance built my computer. all I know is my graphics card can run the game on high settings without problem(even though I keep them on Low) And I didn't have this issue before. It happened a little before I got Get To Work
    edited April 2015
    then try it with a vanilla game
    rename the The Sims 4 folder in the Electronic Arts folder to something else, the game will generate a new folder there
    & go look in the game if it is still happening

do you use CC in your game ?

then try it with a vanilla game
    rename the The Sims 4 folder in the Electronic Arts folder to something else, the game will generate a new folder there
    & go look in the game if it is still happening

do you use CC in your game ?

no
    I don't use CC and my problem just started with the GTW download. My specs are more than fine than fine to run the game, I think it must be something to do with the GTW game? No issues until I purchased it:( I even went through and erased the cache, just tried again and back to freeze mode:( Going to try to rename. Thanks:)
    in any case,
    save the game always only as, load it only from your own save & save from time to time to a new save as

before you start the game remove the localthumbcache
    & from time to time you could also try with repairing it via origin

how do you repair through origin? I am reinstalling it again. Thank you so much for all the tips and advice:)
    do not reinstall the game, it's senseless, just repair it
    right click where you start the game in origin & in the drop down there is the option to repair it
  • CrownedGDCrownedGD Posts: 73 Member
    edited April 2015
    I have the same problem, and it also happened a little after the SIms 4 Get To Work installation. My Sims would be stuck doing whatever they're doing, and I cannot change the clock speeds. Even when I go to the options menu or Build/Buy mode the game still runs. This happens for like fifteen seconds and the game starts to work again.

I have tinkered with my folders- allowing the game to rebuild the contents in the folders (except my Saves). The game did run faster, but the problem still persists. I think it is a patch issue. I'm going to try to repair it through Origin. I'll let you know of the results.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    If you turn your graphics options down, does the problem persist?
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    Okay so repairing the game did not work. Just tested it now. And none of my settings are on high except the Distance View. Again, this was not a problem before Get To Work.
    @CrownedGD

i'd guess that it is a specs issue
    try to run the game on lowest settings to test it

also update your graphics card drivers

edited April 2015
    Most of my settings are on low, and my game runs smoothly. If it was a spec issue I would lose FPS before it did that, but I don't :/ . Plus like I said, this wasn't a problem before Get To Work at all. The game isn't lagging as in dropping FPS- if my Sim is taking a shower the game when the game glitches, he/she will still be doing the movement of taking the shower, but I can't can no longer click on anything to direct the sim do something else, and when I click pause, the game does not pause.

In their recent patch they did tinker with what your Sim does when they are idle. I think it's most likely a patch issue. And if it helps, I do have a Mac computer.
    CrownedGD wrote: »
    In their recent patch they did tinker with what your Sim does when they are idle. I think it's most likely a patch issue. And if it helps, I do have a Mac computer.
    it helps,
    it might be at least in your case a Mac issue
    you should post further in the Mac part of the forum, you will probably find there more help

& sure, with every new addition, every new patch there are changes to the game
    still, would it be just a patch issue everybody would experience it, but since not every player is experiencing it, so the cause must have to do with the computer on which it is running if it is not a mod/CC issue

it helps,
    it might be at least in your case a Mac issue
    you should post further in the Mac part of the forum, you will probably find there more help

Yeah except the person who posted this issue has a Windows computers (I assume because she can play it on High Settings and her fiancé built her computer) and patches issues don't always affect everyone. I do appreciate you trying to help though. Not many people are talking about this. I could only find this post and one other post talking about this.
    Yeah except the person who posted this issue has a Windows computers (I assume because she can play it on High Settings and her fiancé built her computer) and patches issues don't always affect everyone. I do appreciate you trying to help though. Not many people are talking about this. I could only find this post and one other post talking about this.

not every issue which people describe as "the same" is indeed the same or appears because of the same reasons
    i can't help you because i don't have any experience with a Mac

it also doesn't help at all to say, that it is a patch issue
    if that is what you want to hear, then the only answer can be : wait for the next patch :grimace:

@CrownedGD , I have a windows computer, brand new, top line. Done everything mentioned as well. Still pausing like no tomorrow. Oh well, guess we will need to wait :( I did see several others are having this very issue as well. All were working fine until GTW. So my guess is, like Rukalo said, maybe those that have certain issues/specs with their computers maybe this is making the pause? Who knows at this point. Guess we were just the lucky ones;) lol. Thank you everyone for trying to get this working, I think I will just use the time when it pauses to refresh my wine;)
  • Lunarose3Lunarose3 Posts: 2 New Member
    just to say.. I have the same issue.. I hope they fix it soon
    edited April 2015
    maybe everyone with this issue should post some specs of the computer
    to sort out what could cause it & enable the devs to address it at all
    so :

which processor, GHZ ?
    which graphics card, how much own memory ?
    how much RAM ?
    which version of windows or mac ? 32 or 64 bit system ?

Post edited by Rukola_Schaaf on
    edited April 2015
    by any chance ... does that issue appear when you speed up the game & then slow down to a normal speed ?
    & does it happen to all sims on the lot or just to one or few ?
    edited April 2015
    @Rukola_Schaaf Yeah, that's kind of what I was saying lol. I don't want to "wait for the next patch" but I was just stating that from what i can tell it is a patch issue. Thanks for your recommendation anyway, I did try what you suggested, but it still didn't work.

My specs: 2.7 Ghz Intel Core i5
    Memory: 20GB 1333Mhz DDR3
    Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB
    iMac, 27-inch, Mid 2011

Like I said, I don't think it's a spec issue because that's the only problem that I have with the game. Other than that it runs perfectly.

@glorynichole

Lol well good to know other people are experiencing it. Well not good, but you know… Misery loves company and my name's ain't Misery. I also think that anyone who has this issue should post and say whether they do or not.
  • SimplyGrimSimplyGrim Posts: 19 New Member
    This is happening to me too. They just kinda stop while the world around them continues on lol. It's kinda eerie.