Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do you play???

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    Jacke1012Jacke1012 Posts: 118 Member
    I like to start a family and a story line to the family.
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    YazFoxxyYazFoxxy Posts: 1,219 Member
    Start normally with young adult. Work on their career and aspiration. Try to build a nice house but I fail a lot now. All of my sims have to have some romance and even have their own children.
  • Options
    missmani09missmani09 Posts: 692 Member
    edited April 2015
    I'm a family oriented player. Always have been. Probably always will be.
    I guess that's why Generations was my favorite EP in TS3.
    TS4 has sadly limited my family style of playing.
    I like to create one or two dynamic families and see how far I can carry that one family name.
    My computer recently crashed & I had to completely restart it, but my last generational family on TS4 was "The Stroud" family.
    Shanice & Hakeem = Jamal (First born), MiKayla (second oldest), Harmonie & Hannah (twins-younger), Jeremy & Justin (twins-youngest).
    I really miss my little family. :( . Never saved them on TS Gallery.
    Toddlers are FINALLY HERE!!!
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    I'm pretty much bouncing between two games saves, currently. Rotation didn't really work out so well, so I'd much rather put that family into a different save. I play large families, still, and once EA finally patches in toddlers, I may just have to restart these families. Yes, I AM the QUEEN of restarts. At least that's who I became in TS3. Doggone it all. And, since I have managed to figure out how to change my Sims' gender since I'm playing a set family, and how to replace a child with the one that really looks the way I want them to, all is well in my little world.

I'm not racking up too many gaming hours, recently. I've started writing again and that takes precedence. I am also heavily involved in my family tree and all of the research that entails. (Doing a fictionalization of my sixth great-grandparents' life. He was born in 1745 and she was born in 1746. They married in 1761 and had ten children before she passed away — during an Indian uprising, no less. Cue the lights, they lived during the American Revolution and he played a HUGE part in the Battle of Kings Mountain. Interesting times.)

And, yes, I'm playing them in TS4, too. Right now he's a spy (which is something close to what he would do inasmuch as he was asked to scout out the movements of the Cherokee for Colonel Christian) and he was beloved, so you can guess which aspiration I'm using.

All-in-all, I just don't think I have the heart to kill her off. It was hard enough writing that scene, as it was. :'(
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    WhimsyMoonWhimsyMoon Posts: 120 Member
    When I played Sims 3, I would always start with a money cheat....hating them starting out so poor!!! But in Sims 4, I don't mind them starting from nothing and working their way up to a nice home and a family. I used to love big houses, but even in 3 it would make my game lag. So my sims always have sort of sensible houses, usually with at least three generations living in the house. I love rotational play in 4. One thing that I still love in 4 is the number of sims that will show up at different venues. In 3 for parties and weddings, it was like pulling teeth to get people to actually show up for things. So in 4, there are always a lot of parties and celebrations.
  • Options
    Rachel4744Rachel4744 Posts: 5 New Member
    I'm a family style player, and I've really always been that way. I've tried having a single sim that doesn't want children, but I can never last. :p
    My sims just have lots and lots of babies! ;)
  • Options
    SarahthewriterSarahthewriter Posts: 16 New Member
    I usually start off with two sims that resemble my partner and I (and have done this for every sims game). I build their skills and wealth and then marry them :smiley: and I don't use cheats, so it takes me ages to move up into nicer homes. I used to do random things like kill sims and stuff but that was back when I was in my teens. I also remember having a 'museum' in my sim's backyard of: school buses, police cars, babies, fire engines, etc behind fences in the backyard. Now I just like playing 'happy families' lol. Hmm...seems like I need to get back to my sims roots...

I also create characters from tv shows that I like and sometimes I build homes for the same tv shows. Gilmore Girls being my favourite :)
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I also create characters from tv shows that I like and sometimes I build homes for the same tv shows. Gilmore Girls being my favourite :)
    I love Gilmore Girls. I'd probably put Jess and Rory together in my Sims games.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    I think the game would benefit tremendously from a consistent world economic system with individual Sims in control of their own money instead of the smallest money unit being at a household level. Sims could donate money to the current household in the same way that that a household transfers money to a retail unit in the GTW exp.

It has always irked me that the Fabulously Wealthy aspiration tree is based on the combined income of the household and it's value rather than any effort on the part of the Sim with the aspiration.

If individual Sims had control over their own money it would open up a whole new pile of gameplay possibilities, IMO.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited April 2015
    Well I play Sims 2 Alphabet legacies and Sims 2 Toddler challenge - both impossible in Sims 4 - so i stopped buying Sims 4 and went back to Sims 2 and 3 - as both of them support my play style.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    MLJ28aMLJ28a Posts: 320 Member
    edited April 2015
    I usually create a random Sim without any preconceived ideas of what they will be. Then build a house for that Sim, and start playing. Everything that happens is off-the-cuff. I find that to be the most enjoyable way for me to play. I never cheat. I also greatly enjoy building random homes just for fun. :)
    zD4X8.gif
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    I'm having a lot of fun with my rotational game -- 8 families in Oasis Springs, each of which has a family business. I play each 3 sim days at a time, unless someone is pregnant, in which case I wait until the baby is born so I can name it. Someone from a later household comes and ages up each baby, so they start out with random traits and childhood aspirations.

I've not had any trouble with married couples cheating on each other. A couple of my sims have the "romantic" trait, but they're staying faithful, and a moved-in spouse who has the Serial Romantic aspiration wanted to get married and so far hasn't strayed.

My own opinion is that TS4 supports rotational play better than TS2, as time continues to flow in an ordinary fashion. I have aging on only for the played household, and currently am using the "long" setting with cakes to age up YAs and Adults when they reach 25 days. (I use index cards to keep track of how many days I've played them.)

I have a plot line -- a virus that escaped from the Science Lab wiped out everyone except my 8 sims who managed to escape to Granite Falls (they were originally teens and children from Willow Creek). As soon as they reached a certain level in their skills they could take jobs as scientists; as soon as someone discovered the Snake Oil Serum, other sims could work as doctors, which is where I am now. Once my doctors have cured 25 patients, my sims and their children will be able to take any job they want.
  • Options
    emberelfemberelf Posts: 63 Member
    I am a build/design-a-holic! I have always enjoyed building since the very first TS release. Yeah, I do find time to play the game, but I keep getting distracted by the...shinies, especially when the stuff packs were released =). If EA keeps feeding me new items/build abilities, I will keep building, Building, BUILDING! *Cue long cackle here*. Ahem! Anyway, I find myself frequently loosing track of time during one of my build binges.
  • Options
    LunqsLunqs Posts: 166 Member
    I mostly just play around with my sims life, try and get their goals and things fulfilled, and just overall give them a happy long life! :mrgreen:

Orrrr i just torture them and their loved ones. :trollface:

tumblr_mk6gjoBbEr1r4g1p5o1_400.gif
    Contract?
    tumblr_m5b80x2g8w1rum37jo1_500.gif

• Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    Lunqs wrote: »
    I mostly just play around with my sims life, try and get their goals and things fulfilled, and just overall give them a happy long life! :mrgreen:

Orrrr i just torture them and their loved ones. :trollface:

tumblr_mk6gjoBbEr1r4g1p5o1_400.gif

That grilled baby gif is awesome! LOL - made my evening :)
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    I alway play in one single save that I share with my sister. I play rotationaly, with a lot of families, usually one week at a time but it can vary. My families tend to be quite big, and I'm playing in long, mostly in speed 1, so the rotation takes some time and while I try to make it multi-generational, I haven't be far in TS2 (Gen 3 only). Currently still on Gen 1 in TS4.

I love the Manage Households, I have a set of half-played families, who have houses in the neighboorhood. I made them have children and I'm planning to integrate them into the rotation as potential spouses, or just forming couples between them.
  • Options
    FluorescentSoapFluorescentSoap Posts: 1,472 Member
    edited April 2015
    It feels like it takes years for me to start actually enjoying and playing the game. I get all my CC, which varies on the storyline I'm going for. I spend hours in create a sim mode >-< seriously I take forever.. when I finally play I try to do legacy but get upset if my sim is about to die so I cheat and de-age them back. T.T I generally make up back stories for my sims.

--

I love giving makeovers to townies, especially in TS3 and their homes too.
    tumblr_inline_oqdvr8Z3jV1qbd7br_540.gif
    ⌠ Team Holy Hêll ⌡ [Currently playing TS4]
  • Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    I started out playing rotationally with the pre-mades, which was always my schema with Sims 2. I started to get bored fast, though. I guess I couldn't connect to some of the premades like I did in Sims 2. Then I started playing Legacy Challenge (and blogging it) and have been enjoying that. Branched off another story from there, and also did Wonder Child challenge. Just recently got GTW, so I'm trying to see if I can recreate the fun I had with the Curious brothers. No one has been abducted yet, alas. (Shakes fist furiously at EA for reducing probability so much).
  • Options
    pisceschick75pisceschick75 Posts: 541 Member
    I am really glad this thread has gotten some responses! :smiley: I am currently starting what I hope to be a 100 generation family! I want to get that badge on my page, so....if I can get there, it'll be a miracle! That's going to take a whole lot of patience!
    Is there a support group for Simming Addiction? I think I need it... :p
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited April 2015
    I know people may think I am crazy but I have always put book characters into my games. They live among my regular family Sims. I haven't completely done this in this game yet, but I do always since the TS1 have Sherlock Holmes and Watson in my games. Always. Can't play without them. There are a lot of stories that surround them even in relation to my family Sims.

I then add Bram Stoker's Dracula in his own castle and with some female vamps. Can't play without them. Many dungeons and attics and hidden places to lock Sims away. Then I put in Dr. Seward and build him Carfax Asylum for my asylum side of game play.

I can't forget Nancy Drew and all her friends and Ned. :) Her dad and the housekeeper. And her friends have to have their own dad and mom etc. They start out as little kids and all grow up to go to school together, college together, (couldn't do that in the TS3 so much) and I can't forget The Hardy boys. Yes, I am crazy. >:)

At some point I will not be able to play until I can add the first and second generation of Star Trek characters and their Enterprises. In TS2 I used the elevators in many intricate layouts just to make sure they might get hung up in one when it crashed. >:) MTS had some great face masks for them. Looked just like them.

Then it gets even crazier, among me switching between family Sims and growing them up and playing very connected families, I have to add Doctor Who, not one but several different ones who played Doctor Who all the way back to Tom Baker number four when I first saw Doctor Who.

Then there are all their companions, and I can't forget Amy and Rory etc.

In the meantime I have to have my vampire hunter Van Helsing. Wouldn't be the same neighborhood if he wasn't there. Then it just keeps growing. Who would forget Mena and Jonathan? Not me.

Mind you I play them all, and when you think I can't add more I add the Clue and their house. I build their house in the board game every game, many different versions. It's just a thing I have to do and to accomplish.

I may a little bit obsessed with building and Sims. I also play cave people, islanders who don't have any power and or electronics. And if I am going to have Star Trek Sims I must have aliens, too. If I am going to have a cemetery then I must have some really mean ghosts.

If I am going to have all my Sim kids live among all these weird Sims, I have to have a lot of land for their generations and so on, and lots of places to go.

TS4 is just not big enough to do everything I think about.

ETA: And don't even get me started on Hobbits and hobbit houses, LOTR characters and my elves living in trees. :D

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    mwyatt139mwyatt139 Posts: 374 Member
    ^ let me hug you!! That's amazing
    Link to my Facebook feel free to friend me: https://www.facebook.com/Spiritualanddifferent
    Link to my blog: https://www.merismusings.wordpress.com
    Link to my Twitter (used mainly for promoting my blog): https://twitter.com/BridgetW1990
    Add me on Origin: mwyatt139

event.png
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    mwyatt139 wrote: »
    ^ let me hug you!! That's amazing

I don't know about that, I may just be crazy. I didn't fill in half of it. :p
  • Options
    HeyBailsHeyBails Posts: 672 Member
    I love making my favorite book characters and marrying my simself to them... xD I made all the Shadowhunters in the Mortal Instruments series and found an Institute that someone else made. Just yesterday I made Prince Ash from the Iron Fey novels by Julie Kagawa. I'm only on the second of four books, but they're really good and I can't wait to finish.
  • Options
    juncedajunceda Posts: 2,614 Member
    @Cinebar we both play the same style though may be not the same books and characters ;) , I preffer Poirot and Hustings...

I love to make a new Hood/world (whatever you may call it) for each story I recreate, I have just two of them now for TS4, one of them upon the movie show Friends that fits very well to the game style BTW, and my favourite one "Return to Casablanca" in which Ilsa and Rick are married, run a "café" and have two kids (they have Victor Lazslo angry ghost to endure too).

From TS2 times I keep my favourite story "Pride & Prejudice" that is in the fourth generation by now (I recovered it when TS2 UC was offered)

And as TS3 is my fav I have some 12 stories going on in 12 different worlds, including very different ones as "The walking death" one upto the "Peter Pan in Neverland" that I play with my grandchildren
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

I can play at last TS2 TS3 and TS4 So great that toddlers are here!!!