Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Alien abductions

Comments

• Options
    WolfGirl7777WolfGirl7777 Posts: 4 New Member
    > @gingerbill said:
    > why cant they learn from numerous past mistakes and let people opt in or out of these things?

IKR! They fall for the same "Weird Lights" every time! Can't a sim learn!?
  • Options
    Lex2221Lex2221 Posts: 972 Member
    Im going to try some of these ideas. Im tired of my male sim being pregnant all the time. He already had two kids of his own and now he's pregnant with his 4th child thanks to those plum aliens. I kept the first one but this second one is going to phone home.
    2ahzmo1.gif
  • Options
    KariussaKariussa Posts: 968 Member
    My doctor got abducted, that I did not think was so fun, my scientist had 2 alien kids,thats one thing,but I gave the doctors baby away as soon as it was born.A female I am playing also just got abducted, but she did not get pregnant.She is also a Doctor. ;-)
  • Options
    Tanja1986Tanja1986 Posts: 1,237 Member
    Kariussa wrote: »
    My doctor got abducted, that I did not think was so fun, my scientist had 2 alien kids,thats one thing,but I gave the doctors baby away as soon as it was born.A female I am playing also just got abducted, but she did not get pregnant.She is also a Doctor. ;-)

What level in the career is she as she got abducted? I am playing now a long time with my new created male sim who is on his way to become a doctor himself. Right now he is Assistant Nurse. But aliens? It actually seems as if they are deactivated in my game... I have no idea what's going on...
  • Options
    KariussaKariussa Posts: 968 Member
    My male Doctor was just at lvl 4 in the career , and had lvl 6-7 in logic, don't know if that has anything to do with it ,female lvl 5, they have a few skills in gardening.. If I had played the Doctor in the same game as the Scientist, I would have let him keep the baby I think,sins it was a girl, and the Scientist has 2 boys....cold be a interesting future story there maybe ;-) But I want to try out these new career,and not play family with kids,I almost never play with kids in the game, I prefer the singles ;-)
  • Options
    knazzerknazzer Posts: 3,382 Member
    So far i've had no alien abductions. Perhaps this is due to not having any contact with aliens? I've just added an alien into my world and will see if interacting with him and my family will trigger alien stuff to happen at night.
  • Options
    domestictipudomestictipu Posts: 233 Member
    I was just wondering, would wearing the tinfoil hat prevent abductions? Anyone tried? My sim has been abducted 3 times, but I really struggled at first! Only times he's been abducted were when he's had a space rock in his pocket (which I placed there since nothing else seemed to work). Also, I did not for the time of his entire YA lifestage get abducted while living in Willow Creek, only when I moved to Oasis :O
    wedding%2Bhobo.png
  • Options
    knazzerknazzer Posts: 3,382 Member
    So after getting Get to Work on release and having no abuctions, my Sim interacted with there first alien just now and that night go abducted.
  • Options
    PrincessStarlaPrincessStarla Posts: 52 Member
    Poor J was happily married to Zola, and they had a lovely daughter, Bailey. One night J got abducted and came back pregnant. Zola accepted this and Bailey was happy with her blue half sister. Time went on, the girls grew up and J got abducted again. New pregnancy. So the family moved to a bigger house to accomodate the three girls... and then J got abducted. Again. And he had triplets.

Yes. My sim got abducted three times and had five children in total. The second and third abductions (and the second half-alien girl and the triplets) happened when J was an elder.

J is a scientist, don't know if that increases the chances. And I do hope this was just casual, because even though it was fun... I don't want this to happen with every family I play.
    Please keep in mind English is not my first language, so I may make mistakes and have a bit of trouble explaining myself
  • Options
    BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 955 Member
    Don't your alien babies have an option of sending them home? In the Danish version of "Get to Work", alien babies come with an interaction which might be translated to "Send to the home world".
  • Options
    > @BoergeAarg61 said:
    > Don't your alien babies have an option of sending them home? In the Danish version of "Get to Work", alien babies come with an interaction which might be translated to "Send to the home world".

Nope, I never got that option (my game is in Spanish) I may reinstall the game to see if the over-abduction and some other small glitches fiz, though.

Besides, I don't mind keeping my alien offsprings... but three abductions and five children on the same sim? Come on! If aliens want to take over my sim world, it's fine, but leave poor J alone and go pollinate other guys! XDDD
    Please keep in mind English is not my first language, so I may make mistakes and have a bit of trouble explaining myself
  • Options
    Ok. Some of the Danish options can be seen on this picture:

xg7mw2ix9i22.jpg

"Send til hjemmeverden" might be translated to "Send to home world".
    "Han er så ... nuttet?" might be translated to "He is so ,,, cute?"
  • Options
    Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    I don't know what the deal is but I am yet to see an alien in my game or get abducted. I even have a scientist and nothing.
  • Options
    Glimmer50 wrote: »
    I don't know what the deal is (...)

Neither do I. A male sim of mine just got abducted one night without my watching it. I noticed when I looked into what he was doing and the activity said "abducted" while he was supposed to be sound asleep in a tent next to the house.

• Options
    mrln1975mrln1975 Posts: 186 Member
    My male Sim is a doctor. He lives with an alien I created in cas. He has three children (not with the alien he lives with ) from being abducted three times. My plan was to have an alien baby with the one he lives with. Nope. He wants nothing to do with her. It's like he is faithful to the alien that abducted him. Maybe you have to know an alien to get abducted. Or live with one.
    04-04-15_8-27nbspPM.png
  • Options
    RemySimsRemySims Posts: 380 Member
    I... cheated to get my male doctor sim abducted. He has two alien babies now. (With five children between two other women lol)
  • Options
    mrln1975mrln1975 Posts: 186 Member
    A future (hopefully not a distant one, OPTION to turn Aliens off would be greatly appreciated.

I mean whatever happened to the 'You Rule' slogan. Having the option to be alien date-plum'd would be welcome.
    I would rather they have an option to turn it off. Than have it in a patch to have less abductions. I kind of want to see how many babies my sim will have. >:) Even if he is tired all the time at the hospital.

04-04-15_8-27nbspPM.png
  • Options
    clover24clover24 Posts: 887 Member
    I now believe that its alien contact because after my alien baby was born, my male sim went back to normal life going to the park and shopping etc, he kept bumping into a sim who i made friends with a little while back and turns out she is an alien. I now remember my male sim meeting her (but didnt know she was an alien until today) and then he got abducted and impregnant with his daugter.

So im gna say if you want alien spawn meet loads of people because one is bound to be an alien in disguise and hopefully youll get abducted. Hopefully..... just a theory.
  • Options
    FAWKES411FAWKES411 Posts: 104 Member
    aktex wrote: »
    The aliens even abducted my alien sim. I thought, maybe they are taking him to dicuss what he has learned since beeing on earth, but he came back pregnant with twins. Why would they run tests on their own kind?

If he's chosen to live on Earth, it confuses them. So their treating him like a sim in that respect.

Just a silly theory.

• Options
    tomisdadudetomisdadude Posts: 14 New Member
    I have a male sim that has been abducted and got pregnant every time FOUR times now (usually once every 2 sim weeks).

I do not mind getting abducted and having the CHANCE of pregnancy, but every time is way too much.

Hopefully this will at least get reduced, because it just gets annoying for me.

But I am really glad you have the option to send the baby back to its home world (so far sent all of them back to be honest)
  • Options
    My sim is (well, was. He got burnt yesterday. Poor J) a scientist, but I did not use the options related to contact aliens. He doesn't have an alien friend or neighbour. The alien shown as his children mom (the five share the same, btw) only showed up as acquitance after the first baby was born (or first abduction. Not sure. I noticed her when I took a look at the girl's relationships)

On a side note, that alien mommy hated children, yet she impregnated the same sim three times. Weird.

Maybe someone with mod skills could take a look at the abduction and pollination chances? And yes, I would also like to have an option to turn off no-human sims, just like in TS3. But I guess a mod could do.
  • Options
    itsugitsug Posts: 1,613 Member
    She is working as a pollinator, and wont have to worry about having any contact with her children, so her hating children wont be a problem xD
    Admin and on Support team of MC CmD @ Discord - https://discord.gg/Jcc8uRW
    MC CmD is available at https://deaderpool-mccc.com/
  • Options
    DockIeeDockIee Posts: 23 Member
    > @tomisdadude said:
    > I have a male sim that has been abducted and got pregnant every time FOUR times now (usually once every 2 sim weeks).
    > I do not mind getting abducted and having the CHANCE of pregnancy, but every time is way too much.
    > Hopefully this will at least get reduced, because it just gets annoying for me.
    > But I am really glad you have the option to send the baby back to its home world (so far sent all of them back to be honest)

Yeah, it seems like the chance to get preggers for males is almost if not 100% and for females it's non-existent... At least my female sim has yet to get pregnant while my guy is going on the 5th pregnancy. Yaaay -.-'
  • Options
    kitty29041985kitty29041985 Posts: 792 Member
    I hate this alien's things! My male sim is pregnant! Again! He has his own family, wife etc. I really don't like it. They must do something with that. Some kind of option to Lock aliens if we don't need them, or at least do not bother us with their Abduction! Ggrrrrr :s:(:'(
  • Options
    kitty29041985kitty29041985 Posts: 792 Member
    Believe me - not everybody want them in the game :((( like it was with seasons before, if you don't want just switch off!
    Pleeeeaaaseee!!!!