Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Alien abductions

Comments

• kitty29041985kitty29041985 Posts: 792 Member
    Problem not that i just don't want baby, yes you can send them away after (thanks God) but i really don't like male pregnancy!
  • graventhegraventhe Posts: 1,330 Member
    Problem not that i just don't want baby, yes you can send them away after (thanks God) but i really don't like male pregnancy!

This.
  • ddgangel2009ddgangel2009 Posts: 86 Member
    All these people not wanting aliens should have my game. Been playing since release and till no abductions in any of my families.
    newsigblos_zpsdc8e450f.jpg
  • kokoro80kokoro80 Posts: 651 Member
    I haven't read this whole thread but just in case no one has mentioned this yet: If your Sim gets abducted against your wishes you can use the resetsim firstname lastname cheat to get out of it with no ill effects (no moodlets or pregnancy). This has worked for me everytime. I let the Sim get taken up in the light beam, then once they have gone I pause the game and use the cheat. The Sim is returned to my front door as though it never happened.
  • doaoc07doaoc07 Posts: 81 Member
    Kamio wrote: »
    NOOOOOOOOOOOO @ObsidianMyst78 don't patch it out! I am still desperately waiting for one of my sims to get abducted and nothing has happened yet! I don't want the chance reduced even further!

just want to say. my first male sim has now been abducted like 5 times. and my other sim about 3 times. seriously. it's a pain hahaha
  • ObsidianMyst78ObsidianMyst78 Posts: 308 Member
    @doaoc07 At least you can send the little one back to the home world; otherwise my town would be crawling with alien children lol! My male Sim this generation has had four alien babies, and is preggers with his fifth. *smh*
    View my builds HERE.
    Gallery ID: RAINE78 or click HERE
    [img][/img]16960920500_af39128c74_o.jpgSims Homes by raines_secret, on Flickr

• pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Abductions were getting out of control for my sims since I had a rocket on my lot and a sim baby birthed by a male. I'm telling you, when I last logged on, I had three sims get abducted one right after the other!

So, I had no choice. I used the buydebug cheat, got an antennae and put it on my house. Then I set it to no abductions. Voila! NO MORE ABDUCTIONS! If I ever want them, all I have to do is turn it off. Easy.

Here's the cheat:

testingcheats on

Then:

bb.showhiddenobjects

Click on GTW in the filter and the antennae will be there toward the third row. Urgh! I hate it that it has to be so frequent. I wouldn't mind an abduction to spice things up once in a generation. Not every five seconds!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • KartaiKartai Posts: 1,206 Member
    No alien abductions yet humm
  • stilanasstilanas Posts: 117 Member
    edited April 2015
    I consider it appalling that they have included what is essentially Non-consensual sexual assault in this game with the only way to turn it off being jumping through hoops. Its not funny.
  • Lex2221Lex2221 Posts: 972 Member
    stilanas wrote: »
    I consider it appalling that they have included what is essentially Non-consensual sexual assault in this game with the only way to turn it off being jumping through hoops. Its not funny.

Lol thanks I needed that. But that's sooo true
    2ahzmo1.gif
  • doaoc07doaoc07 Posts: 81 Member
    @doaoc07 At least you can send the little one back to the home world; otherwise my town would be crawling with alien children lol! My male Sim this generation has had four alien babies, and is preggers with his fifth. *smh*

Yeah it's pretty good that I can send the babies back to their homeworld. Just now my sim and his son got abducted a day apart from each other. They're both pregnant. Ugh and I actually feel bad about sending the babies back to their homeworld (a little) and I kept four baby aliens. They're now Young Adults. haha
  • dafoolsdafools Posts: 1 New Member
    my guy got abducted 3 times in the past WEEK (real time not sims time) of me playing sims. its getting super annoying lol
  • DockIeeDockIee Posts: 23 Member
    > @dafools said:
    > my guy got abducted 3 times in the past WEEK (real time not sims time) of me playing sims. its getting super annoying lol

I play mostly on 2 or 3 times sped up so my days go by kind of fast, and my sims got abducted three times during the first real time day of playing! xD I was getting paranoid of going outside towards the end.
  • WrathGirl666WrathGirl666 Posts: 71 Member
    edited April 2015
    You're lucky, i've had 2 sims get abducted and not one came back pregnant :( lol.

Edit: Both were female but i doubt that had anything to do with it :s.

Edit again: Just read on http://sims-online.com/aliens-sims-4-get-to-work-male-pregnancy/ that a female can't get pregnant from being abducted :(.
    Post edited by WrathGirl666 on
  • RudiaroseRudiarose Posts: 891 Member
    I made a single male sim scientist on purpose to see how many alien babies he will have before he dies. So far one boy. Does every child they have, have the same alien mother/father?
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Rudiarose wrote: »
    I made a single male sim scientist on purpose to see how many alien babies he will have before he dies. So far one boy. Does every child they have, have the same alien mother/father?

Well, that's one way to deal with all the abductions! LOL! :p
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • SimfuncrunchSimfuncrunch Posts: 513 Member
    Sigh - One of my male Sims just got abducted and impregnated, from a family where I really didn't want this to happen. I knew this was a possibility even though no one in the household was in the scientist career, and I even switched his aspiration from Nerd Brain so he wouldn't need to build a rocket ship. (They did have the observatory, though.)

I know I can send the baby back to the alien homeworld after my Sim gives birth, but he still has to deal with the pregnancy, which I really don't want. I know I could use a cheat to unlock the satellite and set it every Sim day to avoid abductions, but I really shouldn't have to do that.

Please, give us more control over these abductions. I'm sure some players find it hilarious to have their male Sims constantly pregnant, but I don't. (I wouldn't want forced impregnation of female Sims either.)
  • WizardOfRozWizardOfRoz Posts: 92 Member
    More control would be great...
    I have only had two male pregnancies since GTW came out. Since the patch however, I have had 3 abductions and NO pregnancies... I'm actually a little ticked about that since I've been pulling out ALL the tricks to GET him abducted and pregnant.

I understand that not everyone wants to populate the town with Alien offspring... but it seems as though the patch made it more difficult for sure.
    Then there are those of us who seem to be getting abducted and pregnant without really trying....
    and then there are the simmers who have YET to make this happen at all.... and really want too!
    Like I said.
    More Control~
  • AlezalesAlezales Posts: 1 New Member
    Not sure if anyone posted this, but one way i handled the abductions when it happens is to go into buy mode, and delete the doors before my sim could go outside to investigate which cancels out the interaction automatically. Of course this only works if the sim is indoors, if he is caught outside there's really nothing you can do about it. (Maybe go into buy mode and build a fence around him?)

Got so fed up with the abductions that when the alien finally came out after days of burden, I immediately aged it up, freeze ray'ed the sonofagun and walled him into a wall where I created a fire with the simray and watch as the troubles just burn away..
  • SimsFurSimsFur Posts: 1,998 Member
    i am getting so sick of this. 3 times now i had to play my game all over again starting from the previous save cause i do not want those stupid alien abductions. Now my groom is getting abducted after the wedding and hell.. i dont wanna play this wedding all over again! Its annoying! I am so 🐸🐸🐸🐸 right now. I just paused my screen and see my sim getting sucked in a spaceship and i dont know what to do about it..
    Is there any way i can delete this annoying spaceship that also appears outside the lot property! Jeezz.. Im so done with this
  • Tanja1986Tanja1986 Posts: 1,237 Member
    edited May 2015
    Edit again: Just read on http://sims-online.com/aliens-sims-4-get-to-work-male-pregnancy/ that a female can't get pregnant from being abducted :(.

Maybe in the vanilla game that EA released, but not in my Abduction mod. Females get pregnant as well! I am currently working on another flavor that allows only females to become pregnant. :smile:

EDIT: You guys seem to not like how EA handled the system. How about a mod that activates Prevent Abductions forever? And you don't need to activate it again every 24 hours?
  • Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    edited May 2015
    After the patch I haven't had an alien abduction yet. :( Even contacting them via the satellite hasn't prompted an abduction. It caused a few aliens to come over for a house party at one point, but no abductions. My male scientist isn't sure what to do with himself now that he's not a baby making factory.

I was trying to test the female abductions and pregnancy, but I can't seem to get anyone abducted now, no matter what I try.
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Supermum848Supermum848 Posts: 6 New Member
    In Sims 2 I never had an alien abduction or pregnancy. After many, many, many hours I gave up and used a hack (Not the same but gave me the little green bundle of joy I so badly wanted). Sims 4 looks to be a repeat, for me at least. My Sim is happily married in the science career and not once has he even so much as sniffed an alien. The satellite dish seems pointless as every day without fail he attempts to contact aliens and get zip, nada, nothing... I mean if my Sim can get Grim reapers DNA, surely an abduction is not so difficult.
  • BRiTTANY_F0R3V3RBRiTTANY_F0R3V3R Posts: 12 New Member
    I wish I had this problem. I have been trying to get my sim (Don Lothario) abducted, pregnant for over a week (real life week). No luck :(