Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Shattered Light - A Rainbowcy - Chapter 12: That Little Development (11/26/14) [Hiatus Continues]

Comments

• Options
    shogunfishshogunfish Posts: 10,167 Member
    Simsoups wrote: »
    Hey, Sho! <br />
    Stopping in to say hi as I try to get back into these forums :)<br />
    <br />
    Annnnnnd now I have to get caught up with everything I've missed.

Hey! ^__^ Welcome back!

Well, there's one benefit to the fact that most of us have been on an incredibly slow update schedule recently... there's probably half as much stuff to get caught up with.

tumblr_mvnzkbN6yD1ric1guo1_1280.png
  • Options
    Nestea7Nestea7 Posts: 3,906 Member
    shogunfish wrote: »
    Nestea7 wrote: »
    Won't be surprised if you don't remember me but Hi Sho! I haven't logged in in foooorreveerrrr. lol

omg what are you talking about, I totally remember you, Nessa! It's nice to see you again :)

It's nice to see you again too! How have you been?
    13fcff1d-7af7-484d-8692-ac6c30a1ff6b_zpsb31b1e3b.jpg

• Options
    NightlockFallenNightlockFallen Posts: 4,789 Member

I mean, whoever heard of a drama free anything in a legacy.

I mean, I guess there's always scouring the internet for lost emojis, but that takes so much time. Also what is up with this emoji autofill thing. >__< No, forums, I don't want :disappointed_relieved: when I type : D. That is the exact opposite of what I am looking for.

ik I used to post chapters every week. And, like, at the beginning I would sometimes post more than one chapter in a week because I was so freaking excited about this rainbowcy and somehow had absolutely zero other obligations. I don't know where all that time came from O_o Growing up I always thought high school would be so hard and so time consuming, but it was nothing. I can't even remember the last time I was stressed about something in high school. But college is just like a big ball of stress.

I know. I don't understand why we get a whole month. It doesn't make any sense. But I'm am so glad that it exists.

Edit: These new forums are weird when there's a new page.
    What are you talking about? Legacies are totally drama free. All of them. All the time. Nope, no drama there.

Ugh that does take too much time...time I am not willing to dedicate XD. These autofill things are so stupid...like, I want that happy face, not that stupid disappointed/relieved stuff. It is the exact opposite! Why did they think that was a good idea??

Oh man I remember those days. Sometimes I posted chapters more than once a week. Yeah! That's exactly what I did. I seriously don't know where all my free time came from, either. I literally did nothing all the time and now I have zero time for anything. Man being a kid was awesome. I always thought high school would be super time consuming too, but it really wasn't. It was the smoothest ride ever. I believe it...beauty school is literally just stress all the time without any break.

I wish I had an entire month. I get a day.

A day.

The tears are real.

14181261758_70864aa285_o.png
  • Options
    Won't be surprised if you don't remember me but Hi Sho! I haven't logged in in foooorreveerrrr. lol

omg what are you talking about, I totally remember you, Nessa! It's nice to see you again :)

I've been pretty good, though a bit busy because of college. :)

How are things with you?

• Options
    What are you talking about? Legacies are totally drama free. All of them. All the time. Nope, no drama there.

Ugh that does take too much time...time I am not willing to dedicate XD. These autofill things are so stupid...like, I want that happy face, not that stupid disappointed/relieved stuff. It is the exact opposite! Why did they think that was a good idea??

Oh man I remember those days. Sometimes I posted chapters more than once a week. Yeah! That's exactly what I did. I seriously don't know where all my free time came from, either. I literally did nothing all the time and now I have zero time for anything. Man being a kid was awesome. I always thought high school would be super time consuming too, but it really wasn't. It was the smoothest ride ever. I believe it...beauty school is literally just stress all the time without any break.

I wish I had an entire month. I get a day.

A day.

The tears are real.

Oh yeah. Drama? No way. Not here.

I managed to make it give met the :D face despite the stupid autofill thing but it shouldn't even be a thing. idek why they would assume I would use :disappointed_relieved: more frequently than :D

It's like, apparently as you get older time seems to move more quickly, but honestly it almost feels like time is just plain shorter. I used to be able to play sims for, like, ever and still have the rest of the day. And now updating takes like 1-2 hours and it's really hard to find that time. >__<
    I believe it. I remember being so scared of all the hard work that they promised high school would be. That was a lie. But the hard work of post-secondary education? Not a lie.

:cry:
  • Options

I've been pretty good, though a bit busy because of college. :)

How are things with you?

I've been busy with college too. I don't get to play much but I've gotten into the rp community on twitter so that's where I am most of the time. lol

• Options
    Merry Christmas everyone!

I wrote a Christmas special, but unfortunately I didn't have the time to take pictures for it. Maybe I'll save it for next year (and it can be a throw-back to Phlox).

Hopefully I should be less busy now that Christmas is over so I can get a move on some of the chapters I have written, but who knows. My game takes so long to load anything I need a whole afternoon clear to get a chapter done. I have enough time this break, though, I should be able to make some chapters. ^__^
  • Options
    So... um... I guess no chapter this break. I'm really sorry guys. I could make a million excuses but the fact of the matter is I just didn't get around to it. I'm sorry.
  • Options
    NightlockFallenNightlockFallen Posts: 4,789 Member
    No, it's totally okay. We understand, Sho. Take all the time you need :].
    14181261758_70864aa285_o.png
  • Options
    ArrowleafArrowleaf Posts: 3,871 Member
    I MISSED YOU SHO
    4s8gctV.png
    The Landon Legacy Wordpress // Forums|
    Chasing Rainbows: Wordpress // Forums
  • Options
    Arrowleaf wrote: »
    I MISSED YOU SHO

HEEYYYYYYYYYY! :) I ALSO MISSED YOU!
  • Options
    What's up guys? Anyone still lurking. I know I am. And I'm still writing, and I'm still holding on to the hope that I'll make a chapter one of these weekends.
  • Options
    ValarieValarie Posts: 662 Member
    I'm still lurking! I just got to the new forum-I had no idea the other one was closed! I've been out of the game awhile though...computer death is the worst for simmers/legacy writers. I am getting all caught up on your legacy i'm on Indi's story and loving her so far.
  • Options
    Valarie wrote: »
    I'm still lurking! I just got to the new forum-I had no idea the other one was closed! I've been out of the game awhile though...computer death is the worst for simmers/legacy writers. I am getting all caught up on your legacy i'm on Indi's story and loving her so far.

Yeah the forum change was really odd. I agree about the computer death. My sims computer is still alive, but it's probably 7 or 8 years old and it loads slower than a turtle covered in molasses crawling through a dense jungle and Jupiter where gravity is 25 times more. It takes at least 45 minutes to load my game file, which is why I never have time to make chapters when I'm home. As soon as the game is open I have to close it again, lol.

Glad you like it! ^__^
  • Options
    AllyoftheRainAllyoftheRain Posts: 769 Member
    What's up guys? Anyone still lurking. I know I am. And I'm still writing, and I'm still holding on to the hope that I'll make a chapter one of these weekends.
    I LURKITH STILL!!! B)

Even though I uninstalled my own game, I still love Sims Stories and I check back when I can to see what's new and if any of my favorites have been updated. How've you been Sho?

2v32551.jpg
  • Options
    I LURKITH STILL!!! B)

Even though I uninstalled my own game, I still love Sims Stories and I check back when I can to see what's new and if any of my favorites have been updated. How've you been Sho?

Hooray for lurkers! (I feel like that would sound weird anywhere besides the forums, haha :P )

I've been good, but busy. I should probably be writing two essays right now, but instead I've got Phlox's doc open. I'm gonna have quite the stockpile of chapters by the time I post anything.
  • Options
    AllyoftheRainAllyoftheRain Posts: 769 Member
    Hooray for lurkers! (I feel like that would sound weird anywhere besides the forums, haha :P )

I've been good, but busy. I should probably be writing two essays right now, but instead I've got Phlox's doc open. I'm gonna have quite the stockpile of chapters by the time I post anything.
    Agreed. :p

lol well it's good to have a stockpile going, though I'm not sure your teachers would agreed. :o Hope you can get those essays finished in time!
    2v32551.jpg
  • Options
    I LURKITH STILL!!! B)

I used to stockpile chapters too. I maybe didn't have time to play and work on all the posing and picture editing but had an idea for a story line I didn't want to forget so I would end up with like 10 written chapter.
  • Options

Agreed. :p

lol well it's good to have a stockpile going, though I'm not sure your teachers would agreed. :o Hope you can get those essays finished in time!

haha, probably not. I get all my work done on time, though.
    Valarie wrote:
    I used to stockpile chapters too. I maybe didn't have time to play and work on all the posing and picture editing but had an idea for a story line I didn't want to forget so I would end up with like 10 written chapter.

That's exactly the problem I have. I don't like to lose ideas. I have like five chapters written plus some bits for chapters that come even later that I still need to string together/make coherent with the rest of the story.
  • Options
    By the way I finished Indis legacy chapters and I loved her...oh course at times I found myself wanting to smack her, but I really liked her..lol I couldn't help but find myself hoping for twist where when she go back with Disco in he second chance chapter that she would end up pregnant by him and then him ditch her like the jerk he was and Séance save the day and be even more totally awesome by raising Disco unwanted kid. what can I say I like drama...lol
    Going to start reading Phlox's story soon his brother Royal Merlot is adorable by the way & I love the name!
  • Options
    Valarie wrote: »
    By the way I finished Indis legacy chapters and I loved her...oh course at times I found myself wanting to smack her, but I really liked her..lol I couldn't help but find myself hoping for twist where when she go back with Disco in he second chance chapter that she would end up pregnant by him and then him ditch her like the jerk he was and Séance save the day and be even more totally awesome by raising Disco unwanted kid. what can I say I like drama...lol
    Going to start reading Phlox's story soon his brother Royal Merlot is adorable by the way & I love the name!

Thank you! That's definitely what I was going for with Indigo--different, not quite as likable as my other heirs. tbh I did consider giving Indigo a kid by Disco, but ultimately that's just not where the characters lead the story. That would have been some fun drama, though.

^__^
  • Options
    Bad news.

So... my sims computer doesn't really work anymore. It's so old and slow that last time I tried to load the sims I gave up after an hour of waiting.

I hate to say I won't be finishing this Rainbowcy. I really really really really didn't want to have to admit that. I didn't want it to have to come to that. I really don't want to give up on this story (especially when I still have stuff written for it that I haven't published yet) but between being busy, not having sims at school, and not have a working computer with sims on it... I think I have to admit that finishing this story is an impossibility.

Ugh. I hate giving up on stuff. Which is why for the last... well year, basically, I've be saying "Haitus! It's just a haitus! I'll totally make another chapter really soon!" I want so badly for that to be true. But I think it's just not.

I'm really sorry to be saying this. But I think Shattered Light is done. Ugh. I feel like I should feel a weight off my shoulders, but I just feel bad. I love writing this story and I want to keep writing it, but without my sims computer I can't.

That being said, I will still be hanging around the forums, reading and commenting on other stories, and such. I'm not going away. I'm just... admitting defeat. I guess. :(
  • Options
    I'm sorry Sho. But I totally understand. This is the same thing that happened to me. My computer completely died on my back in June so I finally admitted defeat and decided to just post my unpublished chapters as a farewell gift.

• Options
    I'm sorry Sho. But I totally understand. This is the same thing that happened to me. My computer completely died on my back in June so I finally admitted defeat and decided to just post my unpublished chapters as a farewell gift.

I'm still debating on posting my unpublished chapters. I have a couple (and some stuff that I was really really really looking forward to writing/posting/getting feedback on this gen) but I didn't because I don't have a blog and I thought it would be weird to post writing with no sims stuff on the forums :/. Maybe I still will post them. idk.

The forums were actually such an important part of my life when I was in high school. I hate seeing the community falling apart. :(
  • Options
    @shogunfish I feel the exact same way. I honestly was having a day of nostalgia yesterday going through some old threads and such and even going through my old story. I got the 6 year badge yesterday and it's just so crazy to think that that's how long some of us were around.