Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Second Time Around- A Bring Me to Life Challenge (Updated 1/31/14)

AllyoftheRainAllyoftheRain Posts: 769 Member
I thought I would try my hand at Queenie08's Bring Me to Life Challenge.

This is my first Sims story. Well, the first one I'm actually going to share. :oops:

22ddf635-8875-4298-870e-10405e2d96da.jpg

My choice of ghost for the challenge is Sophia Carol from Dragon Valley!

8ea3a2d5-5363-4e4d-b754-235c89ed3495.jpg

Obviously I might have already taken some liberties with the challenge rules by changing her skin-tone. :oops: She was a rather unflattering shade of yellow.

She has a majestic statue dedicated to her in buy-mode, hailing her as a famous dragon-slaying heroine who tragically perished in battle! (Hence the 'death by fire.') Her traits are: Charismatic, Bookworm, Good Sense of Humor, Hates the Outdoors, and Couch Potato.

... interesting combination for a dragon slayer, but I can work with it.

70261907-9427-4f72-9774-eed229079785.jpg
Prologue: The First Life I Lived
Chapter One: Resurrection
Chapter Two: The Awakening
Chapter Three: Explanation
Chapter Four: Presentation
Chapter Five: Settlement
Chapter Six: Interview
Chapter Seven: Encounter
Chapter Eight: Springtime
Chapter Nine: Freshman
Chapter Ten: Summer
Chapter Eleven: Sophomore
Chapter Twelve: Infatuation
Chapter Thirteen: Hesitation
Chapter Fourteen: Separation
Chapter Fifteen: Gala
Chapter Sixteen: Matriarch
Chapter Seventeen: Patriarch
Chapter Eighteen: Junior
Chapter Nineteen: Expecting
Chapter Twenty: Family
Chapter Twenty-One: Beached
Chapter Twenty-Two: Fate
Chapter Twenty-Three: Phoenix
Chapter Twenty-Four: Gateway
Epilogue: Calling

And the extras!
That Awkward Moment When: Second Time Around Outtakes

Downloads
Sophia Carol
Reece Lewis
Daria Dryad Ward
Nirina Aquaria
Hale Mystic

More Downloads on my blog's Downloads Page.

2v32551.jpg
Post edited by AllyoftheRain on

Comments

• abrilgabrilg Posts: 51 New Member
    edited December 2013
    Sorry if I'm taking up a reserved space, but...

I love it!! Everything, the pictures, the characters, the storyline, I want moaar!! :)
  • RedSwiftie13RedSwiftie13 Posts: 478 New Member
    edited December 2013
    Wow I love this! Can't wait for more! :mrgreen:
  • AllyoftheRainAllyoftheRain Posts: 769 Member
    edited December 2013
    abrilg wrote:
    Sorry if I'm taking up a reserved space, but...

I love it!! Everything, the pictures, the characters, the storyline, I want moaar!! :)

I wasn't gonna reserve any more space, so you're welcome to it!

Thank you so much for reading!
    Wow I love this! Can't wait for more! :mrgreen:

Thanks! :oops: I will be working on more. I'm super excited about this challenge.
    2v32551.jpg
  • Queenie08Queenie08 Posts: 7,588 Member
    edited December 2013
    I'll comment here, since I don't have an account for blogspot :)

I love the prologue, very fitting for her and interesting. I hope she gets to finally live her dream the second go around :)

Wow, that was very creative! (On chapter 1) I never even would have thought of something like that. Way to go :D

Chapter 2 - She must be so confused XD. You're very creative, I can see that already. Looking forward to more :mrgreen:
    edited December 2013
    Queenie08 wrote:

I love the prologue, very fitting for her and interesting. I hope she gets to finally live her dream the second go around :)

Wow, that was very creative! (On chapter 1) I never even would have thought of something like that. Way to go :D

Chapter 2 - She must be so confused XD. You're very creative, I can see that already. Looking forward to more :mrgreen:

:oops: Thank you Queenie! I'm glad you like it so far.

You can actually comment on BlogSpot through your Wordpress account. At least, it says you can. I haven't actually tried it. x( I've noticed that Wordpress seems to be the popular blog provider of choice for most sims stories, but personally I'm much more familiar with blogspot, so that's why I chose it. I'm happy to have your comments wherever you write them though. :mrgreen:
    2v32551.jpg
    edited December 2013
    Queenie08 wrote:

:oops: Thank you Queenie! I'm glad you like it so far.

You can actually comment on BlogSpot through your Wordpress account. At least, it says you can. I haven't actually tried it. x( I've noticed that Wordpress seems to be the popular blog provider of choice for most sims stories, but personally I'm much more familiar with blogspot, so that's why I chose it. I'm happy to have your comments wherever you write them though. :mrgreen:

You're welcome :mrgreen:

Oh really? I'll have to try that soon. Or I might just get an account so I can comment on stories on there. There's a few others that host stories on there too. I don't blame you for going with something you're familiar with. Wordpress was a bit rough to learn at first :lol: and you'll have them :wink:
  • piplopepiplope Posts: 77
    edited December 2013
    I really like it, it's unique! I look forward to Sophia reacting to the modern day appliances.
  • XTremeGnomeSXTremeGnomeS Posts: 684 Member
    edited December 2013
    I LOVE this!!! :mrgreen:
    I can't wait to read the next chapter!
    edited December 2013
    Queenie08 wrote:
    Oh really? I'll have to try that soon. Or I might just get an account so I can comment on stories on there. There's a few others that host stories on there too. I don't blame you for going with something you're familiar with. Wordpress was a bit rough to learn at first :lol: and you'll have them :wink:

Yup. When you go to comment it gives you the option of choosing a profile, Wordpress, Livejournal, and a Google Account being among the options. I haven't really tried leaving a comment through anything but the BlogSpot/Google account in the past though, so I don't know if there's a catch. :shock:
    piplope wrote:
    I really like it, it's unique! I look forward to Sophia reacting to the modern day appliances.

Thank you for reading! It will be amusing, I assure you. :twisted:
    I LOVE this!!! :mrgreen:
    I can't wait to read the next chapter!

Thanks for reading, and thanks for adding me! :mrgreen:
    2v32551.jpg
  • JPUPPYJPUPPY Posts: 344 Member
    edited December 2013
    I love your story so far! I really hope you plan to continue it! I've bookmarked! You have yourself an active watcher/reader! :D
  • PonyRoseyPonyRosey Posts: 103 New Member
    edited December 2013
    I absolutely love your story! I can't wait to read more. One thing I just cannot do is tell a good story from my sim's point of view. You've done such an amazing job!
    edited December 2013
    Queenie08 wrote:

Yup. When you go to comment it gives you the option of choosing a profile, Wordpress, Livejournal, and a Google Account being among the options. I haven't really tried leaving a comment through anything but the BlogSpot/Google account in the past though, so I don't know if there's a catch. :shock:

Alright, thanks for the info :)
  • jrmann2013jrmann2013 Posts: 11
    edited December 2013
    I wanted to comment over on the actual chapters, but for some reason it wouldn't allow me to! (Even with my wordpress account). :/

Oh well. But I just wanted to say that your story is great! You hooked me from the start and I love her character and the way you write her. I'm just so excited to keep reading and finding out what happens to her. :D
  • lovelylisaclovelylisac Posts: 1,291 Member
    edited December 2013
    Fantastic, and really original. Love what you've done so far. Bookmarking. :D
    edited December 2013
    JPUPPY wrote:
    I love your story so far! I really hope you plan to continue it! I've bookmarked! You have yourself an active watcher/reader! :D

Thank yooou! :mrgreen: I'm so glad you enjoy it so far!
    PonyRosey wrote:
    I absolutely love your story! I can't wait to read more. One thing I just cannot do is tell a good story from my sim's point of view. You've done such an amazing job!

You mean first person? I actually find first person to be the easiest way for me to tell a story. Anyway! Thanks so much for reading and I'm glad you like it so far!
    jrmann2013 wrote:
    I wanted to comment over on the actual chapters, but for some reason it wouldn't allow me to! (Even with my wordpress account). :/

Oh well. But I just wanted to say that your story is great! You hooked me from the start and I love her character and the way you write her. I'm just so excited to keep reading and finding out what happens to her.

Really? Darn, I just told Queenie it was possible! :cry:

*goes to blogger and messes with settings*

Okay, I've changed it so that anonymous users and users with just a name/url can comment too. I don't know if that'll help. As I said to Queenie earlier, I appreciate comments wherever I read them. :)

Anyway, I'm so glad you like it so far and I will try to keep you hooked with my next updates! :mrgreen:
    Fantastic, and really original. Love what you've done so far. Bookmarking.

Thank you for reading and bookmarking! :mrgreen:
    2v32551.jpg
  • Nonni2010Nonni2010 Posts: 35 New Member
    edited December 2013
    This is a great story! I have it bookmarked to keep reading! Can't wait to find out what happens to her next!
    edited December 2013
    Nonni2010 wrote:
    This is a great story! I have it bookmarked to keep reading! Can't wait to find out what happens to her next!

Thank you for reading and bookmarking! I'm glad you like it so far! :mrgreen:
    2v32551.jpg
  • stargurustarguru Posts: 2,115 Member
    edited December 2013
    Wow! I love this story already! :D
    What a fascinating way to bring Sophia back to life! I can’t wait to see how she deals with being alive again after so many centuries have passed. And hopefully this second life will allow her to live in a way that suits her and her own dreams better, rather than one comprised of only duty, obligation and prophesy. Excitings!
    Your pix are quite stunning; I love the way you’ve edited them! And the cast of support Sims that have brought her back look so unique and seem to have intriguing interrelationships. Looking forward to seeing more interactions between them and Sophia!
    You are doing so wonderfully well with this challenge already and reading this is going to be a definite pleasure. :mrgreen:
    edited December 2013
    starguru wrote:
    Wow! I love this story already! :D
    What a fascinating way to bring Sophia back to life! I can’t wait to see how she deals with being alive again after so many centuries have passed. And hopefully this second life will allow her to live in a way that suits her and her own dreams better, rather than one comprised of only duty, obligation and prophesy. Excitings!
    Your pix are quite stunning; I love the way you’ve edited them! And the cast of support Sims that have brought her back look so unique and seem to have intriguing interrelationships. Looking forward to seeing more interactions between them and Sophia!
    You are doing so wonderfully well with this challenge already and reading this is going to be a definite pleasure. :mrgreen:

Thanks so much for reading, star! I'm glad you like it so far! I had a lot of fun taking those screencaps, especially the ones in the snow! Creating sims is something I really enjoy too, so I hope I've created a unique cast of supporting characters for Sophia.

I hope you keep reading!
    2v32551.jpg
  • stargurustarguru Posts: 2,115 Member
    edited December 2013
    Thanks so much for reading, star! I'm glad you like it so far! I had a lot of fun taking those screencaps, especially the ones in the snow! Creating sims is something I really enjoy too, so I hope I've created a unique cast of supporting characters for Sophia.

I hope you keep reading!
    You're welcome! And I love the distinctive appearances of all your Sims in this story. Just by looking at them I can imagine all their varied personalities; you've done an amazing job with them. And I'm definitely looking forward to reading more! :mrgreen:
  • shogunfishshogunfish Posts: 10,167 Member
    edited December 2013
    This is so cool, and really original! I can't wait for more. ^__^
    tumblr_mvnzkbN6yD1ric1guo1_1280.png
  • LufferkinzifyLufferkinzify Posts: 2,990 Member
    edited December 2013
    Bookmarked! I love this and Sophia is pretty! The story is great, keep it up c:
  • french_vanilla13french_vanilla13 Posts: 586 Member
    edited January 2014
    I just read your story and I have to say it's really good so far. I can't wait for the next chapter. I feel bad for poor Sophie though, but it'd be rather funny if she ended up with a pet dragon when she spent her life killing them lol
    polariod_1

• littleailylittleaily Posts: 3
    edited January 2014
    I really enjoyed your story so far. You're a talented writer and I can't wait to see what will happen next :]
  • JBAG521JBAG521 Posts: 2,783 Member
    edited January 2014
    Bookmarked to read later :)