Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Shattered Light - A Rainbowcy - Chapter 12: That Little Development (11/26/14) [Hiatus Continues]

Comments

• Options
    AllyoftheRainAllyoftheRain Posts: 769 Member
    Dun dun duun dun! I like a 'normal' wedding actually... it's the interesting ones you have to worry about! Though, as one of my sister's bridesmaids liked to say as we were planning the big day: "Remember... the point of a wedding is to end up married! If everything else goes wrong, and that still happens, the day will have been a success!"

Ah man, and Nile had to go and ruin the big day! Ouch, poor Phlox. And Charcoal getting upset! :'( But Copper saves the moment! He kinda surprised me too, but it was a good surprise!

And it ends in a dance! Aw, that ending was sweet!

My favorite bit:
    I don’t know why Azalea always watched the groom instead of the bride, but it was a habit that made me a little nervous. Would anyone be watching me instead of her when I got married?

I mean, if we got married.
    YEeeeeEEEs, you VILL be married to Azalea, Phlox! YE VILL!!!! >:)

It's great to see an update, even if it doesn't mean the hiatus is over quite yet. I hope everything in reality is going well for you and I look forward to whenever you can post more! It might be nice to meet the Charpper baby!
    2v32551.jpg
  • Options
    shogunfishshogunfish Posts: 10,167 Member
    edited November 2014
    Dun dun duun dun! I like a 'normal' wedding actually... it's the interesting ones you have to worry about! Though, as one of my sister's bridesmaids liked to say as we were planning the big day: "Remember... the point of a wedding is to end up married! If everything else goes wrong, and that still happens, the day will have been a success!"

Ah man, and Nile had to go and ruin the big day! Ouch, poor Phlox. And Charcoal getting upset! :'( But Copper saves the moment! He kinda surprised me too, but it was a good surprise!

And it ends in a dance! Aw, that ending was sweet!

My favorite bit:
    I don’t know why Azalea always watched the groom instead of the bride, but it was a habit that made me a little nervous. Would anyone be watching me instead of her when I got married?

I mean, if we got married.
    YEeeeeEEEs, you VILL be married to Azalea, Phlox! YE VILL!!!! >:)

It's great to see an update, even if it doesn't mean the hiatus is over quite yet. I hope everything in reality is going well for you and I look forward to whenever you can post more! It might be nice to meet the Charpper baby!

omg that's so true. And also really good advice. And also kinda where Copper and Charcoal ended up.

yeah I saw those dance poses a while back and I was like "I need to use those right now they're so awesome" and then this chapter happened. <3

hee hee I hardly ever react emotionally to my own writing, but when I wrote that "I mean, if we got married" thing I was basically squeeing like a fangirl. That was one of those rare (for me, at least) moments where my characters really took charge of the scene.

:D Yeah, things are going well I'm just busy. I should be able to update again around... late december... if not sooner. My winter break is almost all of january, though, so hopefully there will be multiple chapters during that break. Luckily I have two additional chapters already written, and I'll probably have more by then. ^__^ I really appreciate your patience, thanks for sticking around!
    tumblr_mvnzkbN6yD1ric1guo1_1280.png
  • Options
    shogunfish wrote: »
    omg that's so true. And also really good advice. And also kinda where Copper and Charcoal ended up.

yeah I saw those dance poses a while back and I was like "I need to use those right now they're so awesome" and then this chapter happened. <3

hee hee I hardly ever react emotionally to my own writing, but when I wrote that "I mean, if we got married" thing I was basically squeeing like a fangirl. That was one of those rare (for me, at least) moments where my characters really took charge of the scene.

:D Yeah, things are going well I'm just busy. I should be able to update again around... late december... if not sooner. My winter break is almost all of january, though, so hopefully there will be multiple chapters during that break. Luckily I have two additional chapters already written, and I'll probably have more by then. ^__^ I really appreciate your patience, thanks for sticking around!
    Lol, exactly! SUCCESS! <3

I think I would have the same reaction! Nothing like a good dance to set the romantic mood! This calls for another <3 !

It's a joy to stick around! And I don't mind being patient, I get that everyone has bigger responsibilities loaming, and I would hate for anyone to skip out on those. :D
    2v32551.jpg
  • Options

Lol, exactly! SUCCESS! <3

I think I would have the same reaction! Nothing like a good dance to set the romantic mood! This calls for another <3 !

It's a joy to stick around! And I don't mind being patient, I get that everyone has bigger responsibilities loaming, and I would hate for anyone to skip out on those. :D

omg I wish I could update faster though. I've been writing more for Phlox, and the third chapter after this one is gonna be so cute. Too bad it'll take forever to get there. Also it's gonna take for-freaking-ever to get to babies. Like omg idk what I'm even doing. But for some reason Phlox and Azalea are just... they're being resistant to the usual surprise! baby! plot that I go with.
  • Options
    omg I wish I could update faster though. I've been writing more for Phlox, and the third chapter after this one is gonna be so cute. Too bad it'll take forever to get there. Also it's gonna take for-freaking-ever to get to babies. Like omg idk what I'm even doing. But for some reason Phlox and Azalea are just... they're being resistant to the usual surprise! baby! plot that I go with.
    I like cute chapters! :D Looking forward to it!

lol, maybe that's a good thing! There are lots of surprise babies in legacies... perhaps theirs could be a non-surprise baby! A conception with malice aforethought! >:)

Wait... they're kinda young though, aren't they? So maybe that isn't a good idea either... :s
    2v32551.jpg
  • Options
    I like cute chapters! :D Looking forward to it!

lol, maybe that's a good thing! There are lots of surprise babies in legacies... perhaps theirs could be a non-surprise baby! A conception with malice aforethought! >:)

Wait... they're kinda young though, aren't they? So maybe that isn't a good idea either... :s

I'm trying to think of legacies that had characters who had planned babies and I can't think of any, lol. Surprise babies are more dramatic, I guess. But yeah my plan is for Phlox and Azalea planned babies (and if not planned planned, at least like "it's a little soon but oh well" rather than the these-characters-wouldn't-have-otherwise-had-kids that is true of like all my other generations). The only problem is they are super young and I can't mess with the time frame too much because there's an event that's gonna happen in Nighty's rainbowcy that also happens in mine so I can't jump forward in time (although my story is already like a year in the future from Nighty's which means the timeline is already messed up, but we're just gonna ignore that)
  • Options
    ArielleAArielleA Posts: 3,068 Member
    Wow, that was quite a wedding! O_O But I'm glad it all turned out okay.
  • Options
    ArielleA wrote: »
    Wow, that was quite a wedding! O_O But I'm glad it all turned out okay.

Of course! There can't ever be a normal wedding in a rainbowcy!
  • Options
    I'm trying to think of legacies that had characters who had planned babies and I can't think of any, lol. Surprise babies are more dramatic, I guess. But yeah my plan is for Phlox and Azalea planned babies (and if not planned planned, at least like "it's a little soon but oh well" rather than the these-characters-wouldn't-have-otherwise-had-kids that is true of like all my other generations). The only problem is they are super young and I can't mess with the time frame too much because there's an event that's gonna happen in Nighty's rainbowcy that also happens in mine so I can't jump forward in time (although my story is already like a year in the future from Nighty's which means the timeline is already messed up, but we're just gonna ignore that)

I was actually thinking of Nighty's Generation Four, with Firefly and Mera trying for ages to conceive and finally having the triplets. That was a planned pregnancy! lol Of course... the fact that there were triplets might still have been a surprise...

Lol yes, we're just gonna ignore that! I'm really excited to see how the two legacies intersect though!
    2v32551.jpg
  • Options

I was actually thinking of Nighty's Generation Four, with Firefly and Mera trying for ages to conceive and finally having the triplets. That was a planned pregnancy! lol Of course... the fact that there were triplets might still have been a surprise...

Lol yes, we're just gonna ignore that! I'm really excited to see how the two legacies intersect though!

>__< omg duh how could I forget that. But that's one out of... who knows how many, lol.

Yeah. We've been planning this collab-type-thing for over a year--since like the 3rd gen of my rainbowcy--I'm so excited for our story overlap to happen. People are gonna love it and hate it so much. (if these were the old forums, I'd put one of those :twisted: faces. I guess this will have to do >:) )
    >:)
  • Options
    NightlockFallenNightlockFallen Posts: 4,789 Member
    Nile pls.

Was any of that really necessary.

The wedding would've been perfect otherwise...but...a perfect wedding wouldn't have been that exciting to read about XD.

I am glad that it did work out in the end, though -- I absolutely love Charcoal and Copper together :smiley:

(psst what the heck is up with this new emoji system they have I can't even do a simple : D without it changing it to something else. WHAT AND THEY DON'T EVEN HAVE THE :EYEROLL: ONE? I AM DONE.)

And this collab had been in the making for a really really long time o_o. I feel like I should be farther into my gen's plot than I am but oh well haha.

I'm jealous that your break last forever. I get a day off. That's it. ;_____;
    14181261758_70864aa285_o.png
  • Options
    Nile pls.

Was any of that really necessary.

The wedding would've been perfect otherwise...but...a perfect wedding wouldn't have been that exciting to read about XD.

I am glad that it did work out in the end, though -- I absolutely love Charcoal and Copper together :smiley:

(psst what the heck is up with this new emoji system they have I can't even do a simple : D without it changing it to something else. WHAT AND THEY DON'T EVEN HAVE THE :EYEROLL: ONE? I AM DONE.)

And this collab had been in the making for a really really long time o_o. I feel like I should be farther into my gen's plot than I am but oh well haha.

A plain-old, regular, no drama wedding? Psssh. No way.

:D They are pretty cute together.

ikr. idk what I'm gonna do without :twisted: :oops: and :eyeroll:

although, I thought mrgreen was gone, but when I started typing it he appeared :mrgreen: even though mrgreen isn't on the emoji dropdown menu. :? (<-- oh, look, another emoji they really needed to keep)

don't even worry about it. My update schedule is gonna be slow as sugar for the rest of who knows how long.

ik it's super weird. like it's basically from dec 19 to jan 19 and I have no idea why. Like. My friends at other schools have like two weeks for winter break and I have a month...
  • Options
    >__< omg duh how could I forget that. But that's one out of... who knows how many, lol.

Yeah. We've been planning this collab-type-thing for over a year--since like the 3rd gen of my rainbowcy--I'm so excited for our story overlap to happen. People are gonna love it and hate it so much. (if these were the old forums, I'd put one of those :twisted: faces. I guess this will have to do >:) )
    >:)
    Look, here he is! icon_twisted.gif Starguru found one hosted on another image site and I've been using it ever since. I missed him heaps! As for :oops: and :eyeroll:, I still don't know where to find them... but I miss them too.

Like Sho said, don't even worry about it. :)

One day? Just one? This calls for a horror-face emoji... smiley-scared001.gif ... and unfortunately that's the best I can find for that. Private school?

2v32551.jpg
  • Options
    Look, here he is! icon_twisted.gif Starguru found one hosted on another image site and I've been using it ever since. I missed him heaps! As for :oops: and :eyeroll:, I still don't know where to find them... but I miss them too.

omg I need that so much. I didn't even think about checking other sites lol. But yeah I feel like the icon_twisted.gif face is a very important emotion for us legacy writers. I'm pretty sure it fits into every reply I've ever made.
    icon_twisted.gif
  • Options

A plain-old, regular, no drama wedding? Psssh. No way.

:D They are pretty cute together.

ikr. idk what I'm gonna do without :twisted: :oops: and :eyeroll:

although, I thought mrgreen was gone, but when I started typing it he appeared :mrgreen: even though mrgreen isn't on the emoji dropdown menu. :? (<-- oh, look, another emoji they really needed to keep)

don't even worry about it. My update schedule is gonna be slow as sugar for the rest of who knows how long.

ik it's super weird. like it's basically from dec 19 to jan 19 and I have no idea why. Like. My friends at other schools have like two weeks for winter break and I have a month...

Pssh I know, right?

They are <3

I don't know what I'm going to do without them either!

MRGREEN! Thank god he survived the move. I would've completely lost it if he died along the way, too. There are so many emoji things that they should've kept but they just...didn't.

It's really a shame, too. We used to be so active and then...college happened. : S (oh look another thing I can't do without it being turned into an emoji)

WHAT? YOU GET AN ENTIRE MONTH OFF?????

I am jealous.

I am super jealous.

• Options
    edited December 2014
    Like Sho said, don't even worry about it. :)

One day? Just one? This calls for a horror-face emoji... smiley-scared001.gif ... and unfortunately that's the best I can find for that. Private school?
    Nope, beauty school.

You only get a total of like...3 days off a year for holidays. Thankfully it only lasts a year, but it really stinks. :/

• Options
    edited December 2014
    Pssh I know, right?

They are <3

I don't know what I'm going to do without them either!

MRGREEN! Thank god he survived the move. I would've completely lost it if he died along the way, too. There are so many emoji things that they should've kept but they just...didn't.

It's really a shame, too. We used to be so active and then...college happened. : S (oh look another thing I can't do without it being turned into an emoji)

WHAT? YOU GET AN ENTIRE MONTH OFF?????

I am jealous.

I am super jealous.

I mean, whoever heard of a drama free anything in a legacy.

I mean, I guess there's always scouring the internet for lost emojis, but that takes so much time. Also what is up with this emoji autofill thing. >__< No, forums, I don't want :disappointed_relieved: when I type : D. That is the exact opposite of what I am looking for.

ik I used to post chapters every week. And, like, at the beginning I would sometimes post more than one chapter in a week because I was so freaking excited about this rainbowcy and somehow had absolutely zero other obligations. I don't know where all that time came from O_o Growing up I always thought high school would be so hard and so time consuming, but it was nothing. I can't even remember the last time I was stressed about something in high school. But college is just like a big ball of stress.

I know. I don't understand why we get a whole month. It doesn't make any sense. But I'm am so glad that it exists.

Edit: These new forums are weird when there's a new page.
  • Options
    Babygirl80PlyrBabygirl80Plyr Posts: 1,493 Member
    As a fake college student, I must agree with Sho. Since I'm not really in high school anymore and am basically a full-time college student, I get a month off as well. BUT I MUST SAY, I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS MONTH FOR SO LONG.

Can this semester just be over already oorrrr
  • Options
    As a fake college student, I must agree with Sho. Since I'm not really in high school anymore and am basically a full-time college student, I get a month off as well. BUT I MUST SAY, I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS MONTH FOR SO LONG.

Can this semester just be over already oorrrr

omg yes winter break is gonna be so nice. Hopefully full of updates, too, but... we'll see. Every time I say I'm going to update I don't, and when I don't say anything (or say I won't be able to update) I usually find time.
  • Options
    ArielleAArielleA Posts: 3,068 Member
    Colleges give a month off more for professors and admin than for students. It allows time for the administration to set up classes, tuition to be billed, and for professors to prepare their agendas. College is a lot less uniformly organized that primary school is, so there are more logistics involved in between semesters.
  • Options
    Nestea7Nestea7 Posts: 3,906 Member
    Won't be surprised if you don't remember me but Hi Sho! I haven't logged in in foooorreveerrrr. lol
    13fcff1d-7af7-484d-8692-ac6c30a1ff6b_zpsb31b1e3b.jpg

• Options
    Colleges give a month off more for professors and admin than for students. It allows time for the administration to set up classes, tuition to be billed, and for professors to prepare their agendas. College is a lot less uniformly organized that primary school is, so there are more logistics involved in between semesters.

Well, even if it's not for students, it sure is nice for us, haha.

• Options
    Nestea7 wrote: »
    Won't be surprised if you don't remember me but Hi Sho! I haven't logged in in foooorreveerrrr. lol

omg what are you talking about, I totally remember you, Nessa! It's nice to see you again :)
  • Options
    Babygirl80PlyrBabygirl80Plyr Posts: 1,493 Member

Well, even if it's not for students, it sure is nice for us, haha.

amen.
  • Options
    SimsoupsSimsoups Posts: 12 New Member
    Hey, Sho!
    Stopping in to say hi as I try to get back into these forums :)

Annnnnnd now I have to get caught up with everything I've missed.