Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's up with siblings having 'suggestive' conversations?

I don't know if this is a part of that infamous incest bug but I've caught Sims who are sisters having suggestive conversations when one of them is flirty like 3 or 4 times. Thankfully. I've never seem them do anything romantic with each other but I still don't think this type of conversation should appear when a flirty is talking to a family member.
“Honestly, we didn’t meet player expectations at launch, and that was a difficult pill to swallow,” - The Sims 4 executive producer, Rachel Franklin.

Comments

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    There's a current bug where conversations start out labelled "boring" or "suggestive" or one other - I forget which it is - but show know actual sign of being those things. I've taken to ignoring the conversation labels till it's fixed.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Suggestive can be take multiple ways Suggestive romantic, Suggestive Mischief. I just think of it as Sim peer pressure really.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member
    I keep experiencing the "suggestive" conversations, too. It tends to happen between the parents and their children. And I'm not talking of a teen, here, asking about woo hoo, either. :open_mouth: It's disturbing on so many levels. EA, it's gone beyond weird stories with this. I'm putting you on notice.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    MegglesMeggles Posts: 4,109 Member
    I had this happen with two child siblings, one was playful and I don't remember what the other was. I just thought it was funny (although a little weird). Nothing happened in their relationship panel so it's all good by me.
    Gifs are broken but click here for my blog with all my stories :)
    House: Hufflepuff | Wand: Ebony wood w/a unicorn hair core, 9 ¾"
    Origin ID: meggles87 | twitter | simblr
  • Options
    LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    I've had an uncle have a "suggestive" conversation with his niece 'cause he was in a flirty mood ... Geez, it's really weird.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    Suggestive can be take multiple ways Suggestive romantic, Suggestive Mischief. I just think of it as Sim peer pressure really.
    I am afraid, I don't agree with this at all. Since it appears English isn't your first language, over here in America "suggestive" generally means romantic/sexual in content. I've never heard it used for mischief and I'm a grandma. Been on this planet for a long time.

You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    KitOnlyHumanKitOnlyHuman Posts: 2,586 Member
    I am afraid, I don't agree with this at all. Since it appears English isn't your first language, over here in America "suggestive" generally means romantic/sexual in content. I've never heard it used for mischief and I'm a grandma. Been on this planet for a long time.
    I agree with @MasonGamer personally. The sims aren't -saying- anything. We interpret what they are 'saying'.

'Suggestive' humor is in a lot of kid movies as well. Donald Duck suggestively curses through his speech impediment. Mushu in Mulan says he can see through Mulan's armor. It's beyond count to be honest. 'Suggestive' just means that they are being enticing, suggestive, and I can see how peer pressure or playfully joking around could be taken into this category.

It's all about the perspective and personal preference I suppose. I could see an uncle sim making an adult joke while in a flirtatious mood to a kid that it went over their head.
  • Options
    DeerLordDeerLord Posts: 236 Member
    I agree with @MasonGamer personally. The sims aren't -saying- anything. We interpret what they are 'saying'.

'Suggestive' humor is in a lot of kid movies as well. Donald Duck suggestively curses through his speech impediment. Mushu in Mulan says he can see through Mulan's armor. It's beyond count to be honest. 'Suggestive' just means that they are being enticing, suggestive, and I can see how peer pressure or playfully joking around could be taken into this category.

It's all about the perspective and personal preference I suppose. I could see an uncle sim making an adult joke while in a flirtatious mood to a kid that it went over their head.
    The context of it is already set in stone by the game. You can't just decide to change the interpretation now that it's busted and they haven't gotten around to fixing it.

• Options
    DyrewitchDyrewitch Posts: 465 Member
    The other one is ackward conversations between spouses

• Options
    rudolpharudolpha Posts: 998 Member
    I agree that suggestive conversations should be fixed as they are a bit off.
  • Options
    SimfuncrunchSimfuncrunch Posts: 513 Member
    There's at least one thread on this issue in the Bugs & Issues category. And per the comment and screenshot I posted there, the meaning of "suggestive" is clearly romantic.

16856043811_95c68c7ab5_b.jpg
  • Options
    yunagarnetyunagarnet Posts: 417 Member
    There's at least one thread on this issue in the Bugs & Issues category. And per the comment and screenshot I posted there, the meaning of "suggestive" is clearly romantic.

Thanks for adding the screenshot @simfuncrunch. Hopefully this gets fixed.
    “Honestly, we didn’t meet player expectations at launch, and that was a difficult pill to swallow,” - The Sims 4 executive producer, Rachel Franklin.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member

I was born in Rhode Island. English was one of my best subjects.

She gets it!
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    I created a household that has an adult mom and dad with a young adult son and his wife. For the life of me I could not get the dad to stop flirting with his daughter-in-law. Everyone's relationship was failing. He would blows kisses to her at the dining room table and his wife and son would get upset. I call it a failure and the two couples are now divorced and forgotten about by me. This kind of stuff needs to be fixed.

In my game every conversation is suggestive. Also, the dad in this household always walked around like a gloomy Sim and got sad at times but he is not gloomy. I created him with the default walk style. The game is messed up!
  • Options
    sirona66sirona66 Posts: 5,196 Member

I agree with Kit, seems that suggestively is being tossed into sexual only, when its not always that.. Sure it might be broken, but still if a person plays it as not sexual, so be it, and if you play it as sexual, well, to each their own.

• Options
    kirby356kirby356 Posts: 4,607 Member
    Well EA did promise weirder stories. :s
  • Options
    cheesetruckcheesetruck Posts: 2,518 Member

That kid's face tho! :D
  • Options
    jaxie086jaxie086 Posts: 1,920 Member
    Anytime my sims feel "flirty" they will talk to ANY sim in a flirty way but not necessarily with romantic interactions. Still, it's annoying when my sim mom is feeling flirty and then goes to simply chat with her child and has these flirty mannerisms, even though they are just talking.
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    Whatever definitions of the word "suggestive" are out there and in common use, in the Sims 4, it is the first level of a romantic interaction. Suggestive conversation is leading to more romance. It's not part of the playful conversation interactions.
  • Options
    EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member
    This whole game is just so awkward and weird. You would think 8 months into this game that this issue would be fixed by now....
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • Options
    JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member
    It's part of the weirder stories campaign. Even the world's taboos are also included.

#TheyAreJustAwesomeLikeThat #PraiseThisGame
  • Options
    ShimmyShimmyYaShimmyShimmyYa Posts: 545 Member

Why the heck is she wearing her underware at the table in front of the kid anyway? What kinda game you playing?!
    thnom_nom.gif

• Options

Why the heck is she wearing her underware at the table in front of the kid anyway? What kinda game you playing?!

Everyone just got out of bed and is having breakfast (leftover grilled cheese and spaghetti, yum). This family (of four unrelated people) is mature enough to hang around each other in their PJs without anyone getting any inappropriate ideas ;)
  • Options
    jaxie086 wrote: »
    Anytime my sims feel "flirty" they will talk to ANY sim in a flirty way but not necessarily with romantic interactions. Still, it's annoying when my sim mom is feeling flirty and then goes to simply chat with her child and has these flirty mannerisms, even though they are just talking.
    Both times I witnessed an adult having a "suggestive" conversation with a child in my game, the adult was not in a flirty mood at that time. FWIW.
  • Options
    EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member

The fact she is in her underwear makes it even more creepy.... Ugh...
    hEFcp6z.gif