Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Don't add back the missing content to Sims4.

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    The Sims 5 will have a separate budget from The Sims 4.

Obviously, given EA has used the money they've obtained from the massively successful The Sims 1, 2, and 3 elsewhere.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Didn't Grant Rodiek say in an interview a month after TS4 was released that if the game isn't successful there won't be a Sims 5?

Yeah, he said that, but what does Grant know about the future of The Sims? He's just an employee. That's like a teen working at the cash register of a McDonalds saying the corporation isn't going to open "Super-Mega McDonalds" unless they get a raise.
  • Options
    2HubbiesNLove2HubbiesNLove Posts: 658 Member
    I'm a fan of TS4. I could honestly give a plum if someone argues with me reasons why they hate it. BUT... to those who think its failing miserably why would a company, even a greedy company as EA, spend tons of money for a series that could end up losing them even more money?

A lot of people who argue why they believe the Sims 4 is bombing so bad are those who want an upgraded The Sims 3. People are calling this game The Sims 2.5. I'm a fan of TS2. TS3 gave me too much headache with trying to financially keep up with it in regards to upgrading my PC. And I get that a lot of people want the game to be focused on the creating just like TS3 catered to creators. TS3 was a visual eye-candy, but the game play fell short and I got bored with my game when I was actually playing it. I had more fun creating worlds and using CASt until my computer completely crashed with all the expansions installed. Yeah, the same computer is sitting in our closet because it actually blew up- thank you SIMS 3 for blowing my PC up lol.

I think if people actually started looking at each series differently than looking at it from just TS3 point of view people would see that they can't give us everything from TS2 and TS3 while adding more content and features to TS4. Companies do it all the time, not just game developers. A majority of people who played TS3 argued that their PC couldn't handle it- so they designed it to run on low and mid end PCs so everyone can play. TS1 & TS2 was never made for high end PCs so I have no clue why people have this logic that The Sims is a high-end game.

I could run TS2 on my mom's Dell that she got back in 1999. It was a cheap computer. When I purchased TS3 my PC was only 3 years old and I had to upgrade my processor, my motherboard and graphics card and it still crashed and it sits in the closet still. I really feel people need to accept that some features from TS3 isn't coming back. Be proactive in arguing your points and all and if you feel that complaining enough to get other features that can be implemented into the game than that's great. But this isn't TS3 it's TS4. And if some people really want TS4 to fail miserably so they can have their precious open empty worlds back and CASt than to be fair, they shouldn't make TS5. They need to cater to everyone, not just a minority that could run their Sims 3 game smooth as silk. That's how I feel about it.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    I'm a fan of TS4. I could honestly give a plum if someone argues with me reasons why they hate it. BUT... to those who think its failing miserably why would a company, even a greedy company as EA, spend tons of money for a series that could end up losing them even more money?

It's only losing them money because of the shortcuts they are taking to get the games out. Let's look at SimCity, for example. They were persistent with their OWN vision of the game that the fans made CLEAR nobody wanted, and of course it flopped. Then Cities: Skylines came out, and proved that there was still demand for city simulators, but a demand for city simulators that were of actual quality, and catered to what the FANS want, not what the company THINKS the game should be.
    A lot of people who argue why they believe the Sims 4 is bombing so bad are those who want an upgraded The Sims 3. People are calling this game The Sims 2.5. I'm a fan of TS2. TS3 gave me too much headache with trying to financially keep up with it in regards to upgrading my PC. And I get that a lot of people want the game to be focused on the creating just like TS3 catered to creators. TS3 was a visual eye-candy, but the game play fell short and I got bored with my game when I was actually playing it. I had more fun creating worlds and using CASt until my computer completely crashed with all the expansions installed. Yeah, the same computer is sitting in our closet because it actually blew up- thank you SIMS 3 for blowing my PC up lol.

I think if people actually started looking at each series differently than looking at it from just TS3 point of view people would see that they can't give us everything from TS2 and TS3 while adding more content and features to TS4. Companies do it all the time, not just game developers. A majority of people who played TS3 argued that their PC couldn't handle it- so they designed it to run on low and mid end PCs so everyone can play. TS1 & TS2 was never made for high end PCs so I have no clue why people have this logic that The Sims is a high-end game.

I could run TS2 on my mom's Dell that she got back in 1999. It was a cheap computer. When I purchased TS3 my PC was only 3 years old and I had to upgrade my processor, my motherboard and graphics card and it still crashed and it sits in the closet still. I really feel people need to accept that some features from TS3 isn't coming back. Be proactive in arguing your points and all and if you feel that complaining enough to get other features that can be implemented into the game than that's great. But this isn't TS3 it's TS4. And if some people really want TS4 to fail miserably so they can have their precious open empty worlds back and CASt than to be fair, they shouldn't make TS5. They need to cater to everyone, not just a minority that could run their Sims 3 game smooth as silk. That's how I feel about it.

I don't want the graphics of The Sims 3. While SOME may want TS3's graphics, what most seem to be looking for is an actual, refined continuation of what was done previously in the way that the sequels The Sims 2 and The Sims 3 were. It really goes much further than just graphics.
    • The AI is flawed -- we were promised smarter Sims, yet these Sims aren't smarter than their 10 year old predecessors in The Sims 2.
    • The gameplay feels like the same old, same old, because there truly isn't innovation in it.
    • The gameplay consists of EA shoving their "vision" of The Sims down our throats. RPG/quest/linear gameplay (e.g "Chat with an Alien 10 times") belongs nowhere in The Sims. They advertised TS4 as "going back to the roots of The Sims" but NEVER has The Sims had this much linear bull in it.
    • Emotions were advertised as a huge major feature of TS4 when they should have just been a component of an advanced AI. That aside, the emotions are flawed, as are the traits, and like I said, really the whole AI.
    • The game has been rushed. The game was planned to be an online experience as proved countless times, and when EA saw how badly SimCity flopped, yet insisted The Sims 4 reached the deadline rather than reached actual completion of development, numerous flaws everywhere in the game spawned.
    • And the list can go on..
    But this isn't TS3 it's TS4. And if some people really want TS4 to fail miserably so they can have their precious open empty worlds back and CASt than to be fair, they shouldn't make TS5.

Why? Because, poor you, has to read the criticisms of people who have purchased every single Sims game and are disappointed that the latest iteration isn't worth what they paid for? If TS5 is done right, it's going to make EA LOADS of money. Reread the first thing I wrote, with the SimCity/Cities Skylines comparison.
    But this isn't TS3 it's TS4.

Right, and it's time TS4 proved itself as a sequel of TS3. I'm not looking for shiny, recycled bull from the last games, I'm looking for improvement in every aspect.