Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Don't add back the missing content to Sims4.

dmel25dmel25 Posts: 1,514 Member
I don't want the developers to add back the missing content from the previous games, you know why? Because there is so much content that needs to be added to this game to make it good, and some of it can't even be added back I just don't think it is worth it. I want the developers to stop working on Sims 4 and begin working on Sims 5. There is too much time and money that needs to be put into Sims 4 to make it on par with Sims 2 and 3 that it isn't worth it, I would rather they use that money to develop Sims 5.

Comments

• Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    You do realize that if they stopped working on Sims 4 and just began working on Sims 5 it will STILL be a good 3-5 years before we'd see anything released, and what we have now would be all we have now, right?
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    The Sims 5 will have a separate budget from The Sims 4.
    Which basically if they stopped working on 4, The Sims 5 budget would still be the same.

The developers of The Sims 5 won't be the same developers of The Sims 4.

People who invested in The Sims 4 already, would get angry at EA ditching The Sims 4 so soon, they probably wouldn't invest in 5 so soon, with fear of it getting the same fete.

Lastly, apart from Open World, they can potentially add everything else back in some form.
  • Options
    @jcp011c2 wrote: »
    You do realize that if they stopped working on Sims 4 and just began working on Sims 5 it will STILL be a good 3-5 years before we'd see anything released, and what we have now would be all we have now, right?

Not to mention, apart from Open World, everything else CAN be put back into the game.

Also, this is the perfect opportunity to explore different areas of the Sims, that are advantage to The Sims 4 engine which previously weren't.
  • Options
    kirby356kirby356 Posts: 4,607 Member
    That would be nice. I too think they should cut their losses with this game, as it was doomed from the start.

TS5 can either be really good or really bad. I have high expectations though, as I hope they learned what not to do.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    jcp011c2 wrote: »
    Yes I know, but if they start really working on it now we will get it sooner.

jackjack_k wrote: »
    Which basically if they stopped working on 4, The Sims 5 budget would still be the same.

People who invested in The Sims 4 already, would get angry at EA ditching The Sims 4 so soon, they probably wouldn't invest in 5 so soon, with fear of it getting the same fete.

Lastly, apart from Open World, they can potentially add everything else back in some form.

I'm almost positive it is the same developers as they have said they have some of the devs who were around from Sims 1 days. And they may be upset, but Sims 4 has been a huge disappointment to numerous other fans and they would much rather see Sims 4 end early and them begin working on Sims 5. Or at least move most of the developers to Sims 5 and leave a few to work on Sims 4 content.

While this is true, I guarantee we will have to pay for that content that we had in the other base games. And why should we have to pay for that?
  • Options
    XopaxPaxXopaxPax Posts: 1,769 Member
    dmel25 wrote: »
    I don't want the developers to add back the missing content from the previous games, you know why? Because there is so much content that needs to be added to this game to make it good, and some of it can't even be added back I just don't think it is worth it. I want the developers to stop working on Sims 4 and begin working on Sims 5. There is too much time and money that needs to be put into Sims 4 to make it on par with Sims 2 and 3 that it isn't worth it, I would rather they use that money to develop Sims 5.

There will won't be a Sims 5 if TS4 end prematurely, think a bit before posting plum like this in the forums, and you will have to wait until 2020 to get your Sims 5 anyway, and i don't wanna stay that long without a proper sims game.

tenor.gif
  • Options
    @dmel25 wrote: »

I'm almost positive it is the same developers as they have said they have some of the devs who were around from Sims 1 days. And they may be upset, but Sims 4 has been a huge disappointment to numerous other fans and they would much rather see Sims 4 end early and them begin working on Sims 5. Or at least move most of the developers to Sims 5 and leave a few to work on Sims 4 content.

While this is true, I guarantee we will have to pay for that content that we had in the other base games. And why should we have to pay for that?

Developers are different from Content Creators.

The developers will work on The Sims 5, with some developers staying back on The Sims 4. Most people from now on will be content creators, creating new content for The Sims 4, but the game's engine etc. has already been developed so only a few devs need to stay back to properly implement new features.

The Sims 5 has rumoured to start development in November. As devs who have worked on The Sims franchise, have listed that Maxis has started working on a new game which includes Sims developers.

I doubt that the Sims Studio is working on a non-Sims game for Maxis.
  • Options
    edited March 2015

Last time I checked, have we YET to pay for any base game content, or has it been patched in for free?
    Why make assumptions that don't match up with whats been happening the last 6 months?

---

And do you really think that everyone who bought this game, had in mind that they hoped there would be no extra content?

People invested $60 - $80 in this game. They don't want that flushed down the drain, to buy another $60 game instead.

Every feature except Open World has the potential to return. So instead of having no content until 2019 (it takes 5 years to develop a new Sims game) why not just let people enjoy the content that comes, and if you aren't interested, you can still wait the same exact time for The Sims 5.

You act like The Sims 5 would come out in 2016 if they started working on it now. Reality is The Sims 3 took 5 years to make. The Sims 4 had leaked info in 2010. They work on these games for 5 years. Stopping work on The Sims 4 just puts people out of jobs, and The Sims 5 team has more reason to rush.

We don't need a rushed game. We need a good one.
  • Options
    ShimmyShimmyYaShimmyShimmyYa Posts: 545 Member
    If TS4 doesn't make them a butt ton of money, then EA may nix TS5. I hope not, but it's a possibility.
    thnom_nom.gif

• Options

Last time I checked, have we YET to pay for any base game content, or has it been patched in for free?

Why make assumptions that don't match up with whats been happening the last 6 months?

The only reason they have given the base game content we have got for free was because they knew people would have rioted if they had to pay for it. That IS the only reason it was free, but I bet you the other base game content will not be free. I would love to be proven wrong, but I doubt I will be.

And when I said the developers I just meant the people at Maxis in general. As long as the majority are working on Sims 5 I am happy, and then they can have a few of their people add content for the people who play Sims 4.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I disagree. I especially want hottubs,photobooths karaoke machines and cars. Sims 5 is years away I want more content for Sims 4.
  • Options

---

And do you really think that everyone who bought this game, had in mind that they hoped there would be no extra content?

People invested $60 - $80 in this game. They don't want that flushed down the drain, to buy another $60 game instead.

Every feature except Open World has the potential to return. So instead of having no content until 2019 (it takes 5 years to develop a new Sims game) why not just let people enjoy the content that comes, and if you aren't interested, you can still wait the same exact time for The Sims 5.

You act like The Sims 5 would come out in 2016 if they started working on it now. Reality is The Sims 3 took 5 years to make. The Sims 4 had leaked info in 2010. They work on these games for 5 years. Stopping work on The Sims 4 just puts people out of jobs, and The Sims 5 team has more reason to rush.

We don't need a rushed game. We need a good one.

I think some people here don't want to Sims 4 to fail and defend Sims 4 so much just to justify their purchase of it even though they know it was a rip off, not saying you are one of them though, that is just the impression I get.

And we wouldn't have to wait a full 5 years because most of the developers would be on Sims 5, whereas usually they have the developers split into groups to work on EPs and such. I don't want a rushed game either, but that is what we got with Sims 4 and because of this I think it is too much work to fix and thus not worth it when they could work on Sims 5 and make it great!
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    XopaxPax wrote: »

There will won't be a Sims 5 if TS4 end prematurely, think a bit before posting plum like this in the forums, and you will have to wait until 2020 to get your Sims 5 anyway, and i don't wanna stay that long without a proper sims game.

Yep that s what Grant Said.

• Options

I'm just saying it, but Grant was talking out of his 🐸🐸🐸🐸 there and was trying to get people to buy the game. I also remember people saying he went back and deleted that and apologized for saying it. There will be a Sims 5 the Sims makes too much money for them not to make one.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited March 2015

Sure but they aren't stopping, gladly, you people seem to forget that there are people who actually enjoy the game regardless of it's lack of content.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options

I'm just saying it, but Grant was talking out of his 🐸🐸🐸🐸 there and was trying to get people to buy the game. I also remember people saying he went back and deleted that and apologized for saying it. There will be a Sims 5 the Sims makes too much money for them not to make one.

I'm not sure he was saying that just so that people buy the game.... either way, GTW seems to be making a ton of success as an Expansion and it's something we strongly asked for them to do and they did it even if they don't use the register xD which btw I'm kind of over it, I don't mind the employes to use the tablet :)
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    clover24clover24 Posts: 887 Member
    I think sim 4 has a lot of potential and once more ep and gp comes out it will probably be like the other sim games (besides open world) i belive peoplewill get what they ask for eventually whether it is soon or a couple of years down the line. Therefore I dont want maxis to give up on s4 and go straight to s5, personally I want s5 to be epic and would prefer them to take as many yrs as possible to develop it and turn it into an epic game.

Dont give up on s4 yet a game like sims needs at least a year or 2 to fully give the game a chance and once more ep, gp or patches come out people might start to love it like the others.

Okay im not angel and have my own complaints, wishes and wants for s4 but I know another year down the line I will PROBABLY be congratulating the team for giving the majority what they want from s4. Obviously this is all speculation but I have my hopes and from experience of many different games (da being a biggy) I hope im right :#
  • Options
    clover24 wrote: »
    I think sim 4 has a lot of potential and once more ep and gp comes out it will probably be like the other sim games (besides open world) i belive peoplewill get what they ask for eventually whether it is soon or a couple of years down the line. Therefore I dont want maxis to give up on s4 and go straight to s5, personally I want s5 to be epic and would prefer them to take as many yrs as possible to develop it and turn it into an epic game.

Dont give up on s4 yet a game like sims needs at least a year or 2 to fully give the game a chance and once more ep, gp or patches come out people might start to love it like the others.

Okay im not angel and have my own complaints, wishes and wants for s4 but I know another year down the line I will PROBABLY be congratulating the team for giving the majority what they want from s4. Obviously this is all speculation but I have my hopes and from experience of many different games (da being a biggy) I hope im right :#

People keep throwing the word potential around for Sims 4. People didn't pay $60-$80 for potential, they paid for a complete base game that was good enough to be fun. Sims 4 did not do this. Now if they had priced this game at like $30 or less then sure, but for the price they charged it was a rip off, and people were paying for "potential".
  • Options
    I payed the same price (in pounds though) and if you fully read I said I was no angel and have my own complaints and voiced them. But im also willing to give the game a chance.

none of the sims games came out perfect it took eps and extras to make it better then what it started out like.

And come on when have you know any game company to give a new game cheap good or bad. Its a money making business.
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    I can wait. I'll just be playing TS2 and TS3 for now.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    Be careful what you ask for.

I personally do not want them to get the idea that they can just drop the current installment, move on to the next one. I don't want that precedent set. If they do it to Sims4, how are you going to feel if Sims5 is released, you do enjoy it. But sorry, it is done after one EP, to focus on Sims6?

If they do it once, they can do it again.
  • Options
    > @Gruffman said:
    > Be careful what you ask for.
    >
    > I personally do not want them to get the idea that they can just drop the current installment, move on to the next one. I don't want that precedent set. If they do it to Sims4, how are you going to feel if Sims5 is released, you do enjoy it. But sorry, it is done after one EP, to focus on Sims6?
    >
    > If they do it once, they can do it again.

I completely agree
  • Options
    ianbennettianbennett Posts: 173 Member
    I think it may be a little presumptuous to ask the Sims 4 team to throw their new game in the trash and start from scratch, when it isn't even a year old and the very first expansion pack hasn't even been released yet. Sure, with a solo game (i.e. no expansions/added content), if it's bad, it's probably going to stay bad. But with a sims game (that builds on itself using EPs and GPs), potential is a good enough reason to keep trying and not simply throw in the towel.
  • Options
    I couldn't care less for these comments, if you don't like the game go play something else and stop "demanding" for them to stop developing DLC and free content for the game.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    2HubbiesNLove2HubbiesNLove Posts: 658 Member
    edited March 2015
    Didn't Grant Rodiek say in an interview a month after TS4 was released that if the game isn't successful there won't be a Sims 5? Look at what happened with SimCity 2013 when it came out... it bombed. I haven't played it since they offered single player mode, but there won't be any future SimCity games due to the failure of SimCity 2013. Plus, Paradox Interactive is the new god of city simulation. So saying something like, "I hate the game... they need to stop and start on Sims 5" isn't logical. If a company loses profit and interest on one product I highly doubt that would take a chance and spend millions on resources for a game they may or may not succeed.

I don't have the exact post where Grant had stated that in an interview but if you google "Sims 5 Won't Happen If Sims 4 Fails" you'll get numerous pages talking about it back in September.