Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CURRENT DD (DAILY DEAL) ROTATION & SALES HELP: STARTED SEPTEMBER 22ND

Comments

• Options
    Me1620Me1620 Posts: 4,998 Member
    `
    simgeek79 wrote: »
    .... @Me1620 I could still use the DD Anonymous meetings and :cookie::cookie: although the dwindling deals are certainly helping to wean me off... While my daughter and I were checking off the single items last night - she would ask "Why did you buy that! It's hideous!!" I sheepishly replied "because it's there and I have to have it...I just do" great role model on self-control I am - haha :p ...
    lanlyn wrote: »
    Do I really need the whole store? Perhaps I have enough :smiley:
    (I hope that's not equivalent to swearing on here? Anyone just faint with shock? :smile: hehe)
    Ah, reminds me of myself a month ago. So naive. ;)
    DD Stalkers never faint, never fail ...

@simgeek79 and @lanlyn - Hmm, I think we should reinstate the DD Anonymous meetings. We could hold those meetings on Wednesdays and DD withdrawal support group on Thursdays.

@stephenhamburg - I have one word for you - "need?"
    a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • Options
    wittanthony1wittanthony1 Posts: 1,929 Member
    @JennaIsGhost - The cheapest new copy of Barnacle Bay I see right now on Amazon is $6.50 including shipping. It's about what I paid for mine from Amazon when I bought the world.
    Now is that just the code or the actual hard copy? I'm always confused with buying Sims games off Amazon. I'm not sure how it works. Lol!

Edit: I should've looked before asking. Lol. It says you receive the code in the mail. I don't know why, it that seems odd to me. Hahaha.

It will probably come in a case with the code inside. That's how mine came when I bought it. No cd in the case, just the code to redeem for the world.
  • Options
    stephenhamburgstephenhamburg Posts: 315 Member
    @Me1620 you still serve cookies at these anonymous meetings, right?

I'm not deciding anything till I get assurances about the cookies.
    Happy simming to all simmers.

wishlist free since 10th June 2015
  • Options
    AaronsimsAaronsims Posts: 720 Member
    Ximph wrote: »

Quick question Aaron, do you own any of the 'Back 2 Skool' set?

Ok, I've been away from the forums for several months so I'm EXTREMELY late in thanking you for gifting me this set! I'm so dense that I didn't even guess why you were asking me that until I noticed you had gifted it to me. Sneaky sneaky!
  • Options
    Me1620Me1620 Posts: 4,998 Member
    @stephenhamburg - We serve cookies and coffee. A lot of people who attend offer virtual goodies. I can make a turtle cheesecake (turtle like the chocolate, not the reptile). You have a bit of time to decide when you feel you need to attend a meeting. In my opinion, you are still at the early stages of being a DD addict if you have to question whether you need that hideous single item or the weird toilet that your Sims may never use. Some of the hideous items do improve when recoloured - really.

By the way, the only cure for being a DD Addict or Sim Store Addict is to own the store.
    a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • Options
    Elf67Elf67 Posts: 1,198 Member
    Dang store is down for me again!
  • Options
    60smusicluvr60smusicluvr Posts: 1,982 Member
    Elf67 wrote: »
    Dang store is down for me again!

Try clearing your browser history one or two times. It usually works for me.

• Options
    PixieydustPixieydust Posts: 705 Member
    @JennaIsGhost - The cheapest new copy of Barnacle Bay I see right now on Amazon is $6.50 including shipping. It's about what I paid for mine from Amazon when I bought the world.
    Now is that just the code or the actual hard copy? I'm always confused with buying Sims games off Amazon. I'm not sure how it works. Lol!

Edit: I should've looked before asking. Lol. It says you receive the code in the mail. I don't know why, it that seems odd to me. Hahaha.

It will probably come in a case with the code inside. That's how mine came when I bought it. No cd in the case, just the code to redeem for the world.

It is a case with a code inside the box. I have it, same price same one. It is legit. If you end up with a bad copy amazon is great on returns. I know you wont need it though. You download the world through the store.

WHen the world hit the stores to begin with, people were confused and angry that there was no disk. Now it's pretty normal. Hope this helps.
  • Options
    Pugslover4Pugslover4 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Pixieydust wrote: »

It is a case with a code inside the box. I have it, same price same one. It is legit. If you end up with a bad copy amazon is great on returns. I know you wont need it though. You download the world through the store.

WHen the world hit the stores to begin with, people were confused and angry that there was no disk. Now it's pretty normal. Hope this helps.
    HAHAHAHA! OMG! I remember when I first bought the Barnacle Bay I open the box and started to shout. My husband came running into the computer room and asked me is everything okay, that back when I was a little shy to talk, not much but just a little...about to asked anybody in the forum, and I took the game back to Walmart, and they said sorry we can't take it back. The code been used and opened. I am like "WHAT, HUH?" So I came home started to mumble to myself and said lots of cussing words to the computer. So I am like how in the heck do I get this game to work on my Sims. So I found the forum and someone said the same thing I said to Walmart, how do we get the game to work without a disk, and that when I didn't see the option where you suppose to add a code to your game and wham, you own it. LOL! Boy that brought back memory. LOL! Of course my husband knows how attach my game is to me. I was so hooked and almost broke down crying. LOL! But thankfully got my shyness over it and then enjoy the game cont. :)
    9cac0e69-be99-4238-b1c8-e9ef2f5d7718_zps38d42068.jpg
    I owned the store! Yahoo!
  • Options
    angeljess26angeljess26 Posts: 2,400 Member

This is what I got when I bought retail worlds at my local game shop. Code in a cover.
    As of April 24th 2015 I joined the own the store club. Thank you to those who helped in my journey.
    DD spreadsheet

Studio
  • Options
    Cynth220Cynth220 Posts: 1,162 Member

This is what I got when I bought retail worlds at my local game shop. Code in a cover.

That might be what *you* got @angeljess26 But when I bought Monte Vista (my first TS3 world) I got the disc in the case plus the code to register it. My *biggest* shock came when I went to get ITF and found the Limited Edition one. The code was supposed to be good until March 1st of last year I think? March or May, anyway never *dreamed* of having the Limited Edition ITF Power Pack set. Still kinda drool over it, Stasis RULES!
  • Options
    @frozenorangejuic thank you for the gift
    As of April 24th 2015 I joined the own the store club. Thank you to those who helped in my journey.
    DD spreadsheet

Studio
  • Options
    JennaIsGhostJennaIsGhost Posts: 1,209 Member

Thanks everyone for telling me this! I figured that is how it would go, just seems a bit odd. I don't know why it does though. haha! I'm not too sure if I'll get barnacle bay just yet. I notice it goes on sale on amazon quite a bit.
    a.k.a. Jenna, in case the username didn't give it away. ;P
    MyPage
    I own the whole store!!
    "Color Simmons, cooooolloor!"
    ezgifcom-resize.gif
    Gif from Rub Some Bacon on It
  • Options
    stephenhamburgstephenhamburg Posts: 315 Member
    Barnacle Bay was the first world I acquired, and I only got it, because I didn't want to download anything from the site, but rather traditionally, buy from a store and install it from disc....didn't quite work out that way. It's not my favourite world, but I have had some enjoyable game play in it. Since I had to download it anyway, after entering the code, I downloaded Riverview as well.

Anyway, another shiny green download button, and Hacienda Luxury has now been scratched from the list, next up Luxury Resort Attire and Palace of Versailles, their falling like dominos the next few days :smile:
    Happy simming to all simmers.

wishlist free since 10th June 2015
  • Options
    PenndraPenndra Posts: 695 Member
    Me1620 wrote: »
    @stephenhamburg - We serve cookies and coffee. A lot of people who attend offer virtual goodies. I can make a turtle cheesecake (turtle like the chocolate, not the reptile). You have a bit of time to decide when you feel you need to attend a meeting. In my opinion, you are still at the early stages of being a DD addict if you have to question whether you need that hideous single item or the weird toilet that your Sims may never use. Some of the hideous items do improve when recoloured - really.

By the way, the only cure for being a DD Addict or Sim Store Addict is to own the store.

A meeting with cookies!!!??? When?
    TS3 Store advice: DD Stalkers * DD Cascades * Complete a Set
    wishes & Thank-you!! Huggles!
    YouTube tutorial: How-to make UFO's in TS3 *
    Machinima in the making: March of Bears -a psychological thriller *
    Research Blog: Garden/Recipe
  • Options
    kellycot1kellycot1 Posts: 2,226 Member
    edited March 2015
    @simgeek79, don't worry about having me fix it! It's something I've pondered for a while and it's made me hesitant to release a new version regularly, because I don't want to add all of that extra work for the Simmers out there using it! It seems silly, but it's a lot of fun for me to find problems and learn to fix them ─ and it really wasn't that hard, but now I know how to add JavaScript actions to a button. Granted, I don't know much about writing the JavaScript, but Google helps there. :tongue: Thank you so much for testing it and giving me feedback! Your last little comment gave me a good giggle!

@p-para-Xylene, thanks for letting me know how it worked for you! I have an instructions page at the back of the huge document (I didn't want it to annoy people right up front) that explains how the comments work, but I'll go over it and make sure your question is properly answered in it. This whole thing has taken a bit of work, so I want people to actually know how to use it!

As far as the versions go, it looks like many of you are on the latest Adobe Reader XI free version, which is excellent! I was worried there might be a lot of variation in programs and version numbers, but it doesn't seem to be the case. That's a huge relief! I'd hate for people to try using this and the features to just not work. Since the program is free and available for Windows and Mac, I believe, I might just include in the instructions that it was built for Adobe Reader XI and leave it at that; I can guarantee the features in that program, and anything else is going to be hit or miss.

EDIT: And, without even realising it at first, this whole new method also means that I can automatically tick off duplicate items, such as those in the Featured Looks! Hurray!
    a.k.a. Erin
    Check out The Simdex—my PDF guide to all of the Sims 3 Store content (last updated September 2015)
  • Options
    muminek85muminek85 Posts: 175 Member
    I had a long week at work today, but it is finally over. Yay Sunday! It took me two nights to catch up on this thread. ;)

I am sad to hear about all the difficulty getting Sweet Treats. I am glad amazon has it back in stock. I ordered mine during an origin sale a couple years back. I was only buying stuff packs at the time, so the order did not add up to a lot of money. Adding Sweet treats qualified me for free shipping. :smiley: The bikes are nice in this pack and so is the playground equipment.

Today I got a youtube video add that showed a 30 second add before playing the 3 minute add. It paid out 5 points. :smile: Other than that I get a few adds every day.

I wish you all a wonderful first weekend of spring.
    :no_mouth:
  • Options
    CreeqizCreeqiz Posts: 146 Member
    I am glad I am not the only one that has decided to try to own the entire store. I have spent the last week working out a spreadsheet that tells me how to spend my points. Without the weekly sales and MMAO, I still need 41,642 simpoints. That is a bit daunting. I am assuming it is actually closer to about 20k, since there a few sets that I haven't started and I still need 3 worlds several venues.

I finally updated my wishlist. I did this before I caved and finished off 3 sets. I went from 960 items to 927. That only makes me feel slightly better. On the upside, I should have most of the knocked out before the list rotates again.

Y'all are awesome for keeping up with this. I am so grateful for this list. It has made tracking all of this so much easier, especially finding the non-set items.
    DJ Creepiz - Split Infinity Radio
    www.siradio.fm

Member of the Own the Store Club - May 11, 2015
  • Options
    CreeqizCreeqiz Posts: 146 Member
    Thank you @muminek85 and @frozenorangejuic for the items! That puts me two steps closer!
    DJ Creepiz - Split Infinity Radio
    www.siradio.fm

Member of the Own the Store Club - May 11, 2015
  • Options
    JennaIsGhostJennaIsGhost Posts: 1,209 Member
    Thank you @muminek85 for the gift! :)
    a.k.a. Jenna, in case the username didn't give it away. ;P
    MyPage
    I own the whole store!!
    "Color Simmons, cooooolloor!"
    ezgifcom-resize.gif
    Gif from Rub Some Bacon on It
  • Options
    simgeek79simgeek79 Posts: 2,173 Member
    Hi everyone I am sooo looking forward to BahHaus finally coming up!! I missed it on the last rotation when I got distracted making dinner...I remember I was so mad :s ...can totally laugh about it now but at the time...not so much... I hope I don't miss it again tomorrow...if I do, I will definitely need a DD Anonymous meeting with great big chewy chocolate chunk cookies please and thank you :smiley: and I may need to meet more than one day a week... ;)

Luxury Resort Attire for me is at 2:19 am - sigh...why on a work night??!! Oh well and Palace of Versailles later that morning at 7am. Yippee!! Don't forget to check your August 2011 compilation too @stephenhamburg once you get Luxury Resort Attire. Also anyone trying to get Le Cirque Esprit, tomorrow is the Little Jester Slide - it's a great piece to pick up off the DD as it's value is 182 simpoints but it only costs 27 pts since its 85% off!

@kellycot1 can't wait to use the new version!...I love the hover boxes!! <3 Wow! So much information, you really should try and convince one of your profs to give you extra credit for this document - so much work has obviously gone into it. Glad you had a giggle - you are too kind :blush: I was thinking you should buy your BF the Sims 3 combo game and have him register so that we can get him all addicted to the store just like us!! We can gift him and he can be a stalker too :p@JennaIsGhost you should get your BF all addicted too - it would be great :#

Yes @Creeqiz you know you are a truly addicted DD Stalker when you talk about creating your own spreadsheet...ah... good times...good times...sigh.
    I now Own the Store!!...Thank you to everyone who helped me get here <3

Are u new to the Store? Then check out: the Daily Deal Thread
    - Cascades & Daily Deals & Love Kids Stuff? Check this out!
  • Options
    p-para-Xylenep-para-Xylene Posts: 230 Member
    Me1620 wrote: »
    In my opinion, you are still at the early stages of being a DD addict if you have to question whether you need that hideous single item or the weird toilet that your Sims may never use. Some of the hideous items do improve when recoloured - really.
    simgeek79 wrote: »
    Yes @Creeqiz you know you are a truly addicted DD Stalker when you talk about creating your own spreadsheet...ah... good times...good times...sigh.
    Double sigh - hideous weird toilet - ugly hair style - never to be used knick knack -
    Where is @Cogitotoro to whip up an hommage to Sound of Music based on "these are a few of my Sims 3 store things"? "I simply remember the ads gave free points and then I don't feel.... so had"
    Wish list free since 2015-02-23
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Cynth220 wrote: »

That might be what *you* got @angeljess26 But when I bought Monte Vista (my first TS3 world) I got the disc in the case plus the code to register it. My *biggest* shock came when I went to get ITF and found the Limited Edition one. The code was supposed to be good until March 1st of last year I think? March or May, anyway never *dreamed* of having the Limited Edition ITF Power Pack set. Still kinda drool over it, Stasis RULES!
    Lol looking at them again tells me my monte vista had a disc too. Dragon valley has a disc too apparently, but roaring heights and hidden springs didn't. So either way apparently make sense to EA. Apparently I shouldn't try to remember these things over breakfast.
    Hidden springs started out as a retail world then got changed to points, so why can't they do it with the rest of them?
    Anyway Grats on being able to find a limited edition ITF now.

@muminek85 thank you for my gift and happy spring
    DD spreadsheet

Studio
  • Options
    NicknellFamilyNicknellFamily Posts: 57 Member
    edited March 2015
    OMG...I just realized I have another account. I bought The Sims 3 w/Showtime for my son(*cough*) and so I could earn the simport badges without any friends. I could totally try to own the store for free(ad points) on that account. Hmmm...sign me up for the next meeting. I can bring donuts. I have been obsessed with those lately too.
    Thank you all for helping me to "Own the Store"! It was a great adventure.
  • Options
    PenndraPenndra Posts: 695 Member
    mmmmmmmm....doughnuts.....
    Der! Now I need a cookie, and I've only got three left!
    TS3 Store advice: DD Stalkers * DD Cascades * Complete a Set
    wishes & Thank-you!! Huggles!
    YouTube tutorial: How-to make UFO's in TS3 *
    Machinima in the making: March of Bears -a psychological thriller *
    Research Blog: Garden/Recipe
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top