Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CURRENT DD (DAILY DEAL) ROTATION & SALES HELP: STARTED SEPTEMBER 22ND

Comments

• Options
    PenndraPenndra Posts: 695 Member
    > @Penndra said:
    > Sophie-David wrote: »
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I downloaded the PDF during second cycle, so I can look that up for you.
    >
    > Deal #158 Technophobe No More (offered in less than 17 minutes from now) during the last cycle (2nd cycle) was offered on:
    > 158 Technophobe No More 833 1530 46% 2
    > (UTC)Dec/26/14 11:07 PM
    > (Central timezone)Dec/26/14 5:07 PM
    > May 2012 Compilation Set; Oh My Goth! Compilation
    > 0; Repeat Deal: #394 < #592 < #158 < #92 < #572; Regular price dropped from 1700 August 2014 set

Thank you Penndra, that is helpful. Your example confirms what I discovered by going forward in time (as posted above). When going to the *next* cycle:

- the item will be offered three (3) hours earlier on each successive cycle
    - the item will be offered two (2) days of the week earlier on each successive cycle
    - if the negative three hour (-3) offset crosses the midnight terminator, then the day of the week offset is negative three (-3) days

In your example from the *previous* cycle, the item was posted 3 hours and 2 days of the week *later* than in the current cycle. (Calculating the time based on UTC to avoid the complication of Standard versus Daylight Savings time).

Cool.
    Math is cool.
    I'm glad somebody can do it :)
    If you need more data, I'm good with data :P
    TS3 Store advice: DD Stalkers * DD Cascades * Complete a Set
    wishes & Thank-you!! Huggles!
    YouTube tutorial: How-to make UFO's in TS3 *
    Machinima in the making: March of Bears -a psychological thriller *
    Research Blog: Garden/Recipe
  • Options
    frozenorangejuicfrozenorangejuic Posts: 1,830 Member
    Thank you for the presents @angeljess26! I got a green download button on Collectionne Stäncké. :grin:

My tooth is doing okay for the moment. They have me on some decent drugs since I can't take nsaids. It's going to be weird not eating anything on that side of my mouth for the next two weeks though.
  • Options
    JennaIsGhostJennaIsGhost Posts: 1,209 Member
    Thank you @Cogitotoro for the gifts! :)
    a.k.a. Jenna, in case the username didn't give it away. ;P
    MyPage
    I own the whole store!!
    "Color Simmons, cooooolloor!"
    ezgifcom-resize.gif
    Gif from Rub Some Bacon on It
  • Options
    Sophie-DavidSophie-David Posts: 98 Member
    > @Penndra said:
    > Sophie-David wrote: »
    >
    > Cool.
    > Math is cool.
    > I'm glad somebody can do it
    > If you need more data, I'm good with data :P

LOL! Thanks Penndra, but I think I've gone as far as I need to on this tangent! :)
  • Options
    60smusicluvr60smusicluvr Posts: 1,982 Member
    Hey, if we're going to talk about ads, let's talk about the binder ads, okay? :smirk::wink: Those ads were the only ones I kinda sorta liked. No, I didn't get a binder, but the goat or whatever it was was cute, right? I guess I kind of miss them and the positive talk about them. :disappointed: Nostalgic. :D
  • Options
    Hey, if we're going to talk about ads, let's talk about the binder ads, okay? :smirk::wink: Those ads were the only ones I kinda sorta liked. No, I didn't get a binder, but the goat or whatever it was was cute, right? I guess I kind of miss them and the positive talk about them. :disappointed: Nostalgic. :D
    I miss the sparkle ads. Coolor Simmons, Cooooloor. :( lol!
    MyPage
    I own the whole store!!
    ezgifcom-resize.gif
  • Options
    lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,029 Member
    How about Dead Mouse Theater? Nuff said. :D
  • Options
    @lanlyn and @JennaIsGhost, shoot! I left my sound on mute all the time. Still do. I guess I missed out. :disappointed:
  • Options
    lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,029 Member
    edited March 2015
  • Options
    Lol. Thank you, @lanlyn. :D
  • Options
    Pugslover4Pugslover4 Posts: 2,849 Member
    I am going to go into Internet Explorer to get more points then going to get my gas for my trip to Colorado tomorrow. But this what I want to show you guys what I got so far......
    My wishlist down to 179 Items and along with this items all I have left...most of you know what they go what in where. LOL!
    Seeing Stars
    April 2013
    Jan. 2013
    Aug. 2011 (665 Sp)
    Feb. 2011(120 sp)
    Fifth Ave. Fashions
    Roaring Height
    Lunar Lakes
    Luxury Resort Attire
    9cac0e69-be99-4238-b1c8-e9ef2f5d7718_zps38d42068.jpg
    I owned the store! Yahoo!
  • Options
    bcsmasbcsmas Posts: 272 Member
    @jaceigh Happy belated birthday and I hope you are feeling better!

@missy2311 Happy belated birthday and congrats on owning the store! I also hope your health is improving.

@muminek85, congrats on owning the store!

Glad your job interview went well @JennaIsGhost! Hope you get the job!

I am sorry for your losses @Pixieydust, @AllysaNellie, @Ianlyn and anyone else who mentioned a loss. It was nice hearing the stories/memories you shared of them.

@Cogitotoro love your daughters green hair!

@frozenorangejuic sorry to hear about your tooth! Shame it can't wait until your insurance kicks in. Hope it all goes well.

Yay for all those who got good deals and green download buttons!

I finally backed up all my store content (at least I think I got it all). I am in the process of reinstalling my games since I wanted everything to be a clean start and install it all in the correct order. I forgot how much a process this is lol. I can't wait to get back into my game and play though!
  • Options
    Cynth220Cynth220 Posts: 1,162 Member
    I have 2 separate wishlists, the "official" one, which is listed below and the long term one. The long term one (which is part of the "official" one) looks like this: Serenity Retreat, Sunlit Tides, Barnacle Bay (Complete!), Lunar Lakes and Midnight Hollow.
  • Options
    frozenorangejuicfrozenorangejuic Posts: 1,830 Member
    Cogitotoro wrote: »
    FAIR WARNING: This post is 100% hair color info. Skip if uninterested! :smiley:

Cogitotoro's 7 crazy-color hair dyeing tips:
    1) We've tried a lot of brands, including Splat. Manic Panic is our favorite by far.
    2) Do it on hair that has been washed recently but not conditioned, and is now completely dry.
    3) It's a really safe vegan nonpermanent dye; the longer you leave it on the better it will take, and it will never hurt your hair from leaving it on too long. I've heard of people leaving it on for four hours. We leave it on for an hour minimum, usually closer to two (movie night!). We cover it with a warming conditioning cap (like a tinfoil shower cap) (or aluminum foil works) and heat it up with a hair dryer.
    4) Apple cider vinegar - pour on and rinse off after rinsing the color out; wait to shampoo and condition until the next day.
    5) We've found makeup remover takes any residue off your skin pretty darn well, but yes, buy a box of disposable latex gloves.
    6) Always wash and rinse in cool water, never hot.
    7) Mix a little of the dye with your conditioner and use that every time; it will make your color last a lot longer.

I also like Manic Panic after having tried a few brands. Last time I colored my hair purple I used their Amplified version, left in for about 4 hours. You can even leave it over night if you want and it won't hurt your hair. I kept just a regular shower cap on my head during that time and used my heating pad to keep my head warm. I would move it from the top of my head draped over the sides to around the back every once in a while but otherwise it was hands free. No way I could hold a hair dryer that long haha! The color literally never faded out. I only had to recolor because of roots. When I decided not to do purple anymore I let my roots grow for months waiting for it to fade and it never did. I think it was five or six months later I gave up and used a permanent dye close to my natural color. That then faded in about two weeks to quite a bit lighter than my natural! And you could still see purple peeking out for parts of it until I cut that hair off about a week ago. I also don't use any shampoo which probably helps some, I just use cleansing conditioner. Man now I really want to color my hair again now that it's shorter.
  • Options
    PenndraPenndra Posts: 695 Member

My favorite so far has been the kid with the miniature UPS truck . So adorable!!!
    TS3 Store advice: DD Stalkers * DD Cascades * Complete a Set
    wishes & Thank-you!! Huggles!
    YouTube tutorial: How-to make UFO's in TS3 *
    Machinima in the making: March of Bears -a psychological thriller *
    Research Blog: Garden/Recipe
  • Options
    PixieydustPixieydust Posts: 705 Member
    edited March 2015
    @cogitoro thank you so much for the dye nfo!!
    @Lyrielsim, thank you for the linkage!! I am going to download that!! I knew it was someone with a T in the name..just was not sure where or when!! LOL

You are a funky squirrel!! I need to change my avatar for Easter soon!!

I loved the ireland ads with Liam Neeson..love his voice. I wish I got easter ones...where are they!?? The crest ones are soo loud omg some of the ads are so loud like the dominos one!
  • Options
    PixieydustPixieydust Posts: 705 Member
    edited March 2015
    Also, @Lyrielsim, thank you for the three pieces to the Stankkkeeeeey set!! I am betting it will be a green light or close to it, but I am getting the store is not working due to the hamsters demanding a break..the squirrel overlords have been working them too hard and now the hammies are going on strike by breathing helium from balloons snuck in by the ninja bunnies late at night. They are saying "give me a break or give me doughnuts!! One way or another...we gets foodies!!"

LOL Glad I could make people smile!!

I was able to run cc cleaner to get rid of the gremlins that were preventing me to see my gifties...and I was able to get the stanky set for 75 points! That was 13 items for that price!! AWESOME!!

@Jaceigh, I am glad you are starting to feel better!! I hate hearing about my buddies not feeling well.
    @Frozenorangejuic, I hope your mouth is not causing you a ton of pain hon while you wait for more pain...I had a root canal..not fun!! Hugs to everyone!!
    Post edited by Pixieydust on
  • Options
    JaceighJaceigh Posts: 808 Member
    @bcsmas Thank you, and yes, I'm feeling much better. I don't get sick that often. Maybe once or twice a year with anything that lasts longer than a couple of days. I'm hoping I've paid up my dues for the year, hehe. :sunglasses:
    Happy Simming & Green Downloads! :kissing_heart:
  • Options
    wittanthony1wittanthony1 Posts: 1,929 Member
    Only 2 sets I don't own on this weeks sales page, Collectionne Stäncké and Muse Luxury. The sales page must change over at noon central. At least it did this week and last week.

Hope everybody is getting lots of green downloads. :)
  • Options
    angeljess26angeljess26 Posts: 2,400 Member
    @Pugslover4, @Jaceigh, @JennaIsGhost, @Chris_Monsanto, @frozenorangejuic you are all welcome for the gifts. @60smusicluvr inspired a little gifting spree.
    @frozenorangejuic glad you got the green download button

@scillakees thank you for the gift
    As of April 24th 2015 I joined the own the store club. Thank you to those who helped in my journey.
    DD spreadsheet

Studio
  • Options
    bcsmasbcsmas Posts: 272 Member
    About favorite ads... my favorite one is a recent one - that's also on tv all the time. It's the android one with the animals :smiley:
    Jaceigh wrote: »
    @bcsmas Thank you, and yes, I'm feeling much better. I don't get sick that often. Maybe once or twice a year with anything that lasts longer than a couple of days. I'm hoping I've paid up my dues for the year, hehe. :sunglasses:
    Oh glad to hear that you are feeling better and that it's something that's not all the time. :) I hope you have too! No more getting sick lol

I was so glad to see Collection Stancke on the weekly sale this week! I was able to get a green download button on it finally.

I haven't said this in a long time, but thanks again for this thread and to the DD stalkers on here who have posted deals and information. :) It's been such a helpful thread!

Ok, I am off to bed. Hope everyone has a good rest of the nigh or day depending on where you are. :)
  • Options
    lanlyn wrote: »
    Don't forget about Simmons!!!

Muse Luxury is 70 for me on the sales page and Collectionne Stäncké is 95. Hmmm.
    MyPage
    I own the whole store!!
    ezgifcom-resize.gif
  • Options
    calentscalents Posts: 245 Member
    edited March 2015
    LyrielSim wrote: »
    calents wrote: »
    @lyrielsim They're going really well so far. I had a group interview with 3 people that ran for 3 1/2 hours (and probably would have been longer if the place we were at wasn't closing) and then last night I had a group observation (3 hours) and solo interview that ran for another hour. I've got 1more interview today and 2 tomorrow before I go back north, where I have 2 more interviews and another group observation. Then I get to start the dreaded transcribing. It looks like I'm going to have a ton of data for my paper, though, so that's always good. :smile:
    Sounds like you have been busy! If you're already on data-overload then it must have been very successful. Ain't it just grand when some endeavor actually goes the way you'd planned & hoped?! To the tapes!! :sunglasses: (make coffee, lottsa coffee). On second thought, come up with a ridiculous excuse to delay your return North, there's more snow in the forecast *sigh* Hmm, Get some fried pickles & a CoCola for me :#

No! Not more snow! :'( And the weather was so nice when I left...
    Yes, lots of coffee, fried pickles, and cola for me!
    AlphaFen wrote: »
    @lanlyn I am sorry, siblings are so special <3
    @Calents Good luck :star:
    @JennalsGhost YAY employment :star: Good luck! <3
    @frozenorangejuic All the best for the procedure :smile:

I just voted on your contest which is great :smiley: Sorry it took me so long, I had to prepare a water-tight explanation in case any of the non-simming family members found me watching a brothel video :flushed:;)

@Alphafen Thanks!

@JennalsGhost Good luck! I'm sure you'll get the job! :)
    Now a member of the Own the Store Club! Thank you to everyone who helped!
  • Options
    angeljess26angeljess26 Posts: 2,400 Member
    lanlyn wrote: »

Muse Luxury is 70 for me on the sales page and Collectionne Stäncké is 95. Hmmm.
    Hmmm maybe just check that again, just maybe :smiley:
    As of April 24th 2015 I joined the own the store club. Thank you to those who helped in my journey.
    DD spreadsheet

Studio
  • Options
    p-para-Xylenep-para-Xylene Posts: 230 Member
    edited March 2015
    I'd never seen that before - Colour, Simmons, Colour!
    Know I get all the old posts.
    Congrats to all those getting green downloads or reasonably priced downloads. Glad to see Collectionne Stäncké on the sale page at 26% off, finally.
    Good luck to @JennalsGhost for job hunting.
    Wish list free since 2015-02-23
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top