Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• Options
    Nory_05Nory_05 Posts: 355 Member
    Abbie went to the hospital to see her doctor. She needed a pregnancy test.
    After she received the good news she was in such a good mood that she did not mind having a little chat with the scary looking naked lady in front of the entrance.
    Screenshot-351.jpg

She was so happy that she also didn't mind chatting to Hailey, although Abbie doesn't like her very much. She ended up visiting Hailey who gave her a speech about her happy family life, confusing the hell out of Abbie.

Eventually Hailey's boyfriend, Benjamin, walked in and nearly got a nervous breakdown when he saw his girlfriend talking to Abbie.
    Screenshot-356.jpg

Since Ben got a crush on Abbie it's understandable...
    :D
    My sim stories:
    Regrets (Finished)
    Abbie's Diary (Finished)
    Mistakes

• Options
    wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    TadOlson wrote: »
    @lanlyn-I got my zombie fix HERE and it requires free registration to download.
    I personally like this one better. Mwa ha ha ha!

6JSxk49.png?1
  • Options
    AstreaVincentAstreaVincent Posts: 39 Member
    My sim finally was asked out on a date. Everything went well until she found out that he was married! And also a werewolf. But mainly the married thing bothered her. However, he is also one of the richest men in town so they may stay friends.
    Hodor
    -Walder
    Wishlist <3
  • Options
    LokiSimsiesLokiSimsies Posts: 1,912 Member
    edited March 2015
    Nory_05 wrote: »

One of my townies riding past on his horse on the way to the horse competition, that is his neighbor behind him also going to the horse competition.

Screenshot-35_zpsjlonkkdq.jpg

In which town are you playing? I like this guy! He looks like someone I would need in my story :D

Riverview.

I always gut EA towns completely and rebuild them. It's part of my play style. I will envision a world I want to play and then hunt through the EA worlds to find one that would fit the theme. Then gut it and rebuild it. It can take anywhere from a week to two weeks just to set it up. Then (without fail) once I go live? Something goes horribly wrong or I think of a new idea and I wind up abandoning all that work, lol.

I always save them as both unpopulated and populated so I can go back to them from the start if I want.

Have you ever played in Riverview? I demolished all those massive 1-bedroom homes over where Jon Lessen lives and replaced them with horse farms and the horse lots.

The Sim in that photo is one I made. I make my entire town for every game. They all are made to fit the theme of that world. That Sim is in law but he dreams of being a rodeo star (my story for him) so he is an equestrian who loves the outdoors. He's a cop to provide for his family but he spends all his off time (on his own since he is a townie and I don't play him) on his horse training it and entering riding competitions. He's got the sweetest wife who is a school teacher and two children and a dog.

The Sim behind him is his neighbor and she is in business but like him, she wants to be a horsewoman and spends all her time on her horse. She's got a teen son who is a handful and a husband who neglects her because he is busy climbing the political ladder so in my mind, her story is that she is lonely and her horse is her companion since her husband and son don't have time for her. She is best friends (on her own) with the cop's wife who lives next door.

This world blew up though....so we are moving.

I'm considering Monte Vista for them and going to give them Italian make overs.

I played it for about a Sim week and it started crashing like crazy. I got over zealous and over populated it. I had around 125 Sims in it and all the lots were full, too much for that world to handle....I think.

Since I have a brand new gaming laptop (Asus Republic of Gamers with a 980m card....it's not the device...it's me messing up the world!).

I did manage to take more screens before the 5th crash and me rage quitting the game to start over. I'll try to remember to share them soon.
  • Options
    My sim finally was asked out on a date. Everything went well until she found out that he was married! And also a werewolf. But mainly the married thing bothered her. However, he is also one of the richest men in town so they may stay friends.

NRAAS has the tagger mod, I love it because I have it set to tell me if a Sim has a partner or not. Well, doesn't really matter in my game since I have disabled "going steady". I choose who my townies date and marry. They can hook up and have romantic relationships but no going steady unless it is Sim Goddess approved! (LOL)
  • Options
    Rock'nLlamaRock'nLlama Posts: 175 Member
    I have a glitch D: The sims go to use the toilet upstairs and end up walking through the floor back downstairs u.u
  • Options
    I have a glitch D: The sims go to use the toilet upstairs and end up walking through the floor back downstairs u.u

Have you ever used MOO (move objects on) on them to stage a photo?

I have had that happen when I've used it. It's been a long time since it happened so I can't remember exactly how I fixed it. I think I reset the lot or I may have quit the game and then deleted the cache.package files that you delete when you add mods to your game to reset things... or I may have done both, lol.
  • Options
    Rock'nLlamaRock'nLlama Posts: 175 Member

I have had that happen when I've used it. It's been a long time since it happened so I can't remember exactly how I fixed it. I think I reset the lot or I may have quit the game and then deleted the cache.package files that you delete when you add mods to your game to reset things... or I may have done both, lol.

Hmmm, I did!! I wonder if that caused it...I read on a forum that sometimes it happens with new lots and fixes itself after a few sim days? I'm not sure about that but I'll give it a go. It's not happening with every sim or every time so we shall see.
  • Options
    Nory_05Nory_05 Posts: 355 Member

Have you ever played in Riverview? I demolished all those massive 1-bedroom homes over where Jon Lessen lives and replaced them with horse farms and the horse lots.

Ah, nice. I have Riverview, but not played there yet.
    For one of my stories I needed a big house for my sim sisters. I saw a perfect one, so I just "infiltrated" it and merged them into the family, then kicked the originals out, apart from the dad, who became the "butler". >:)
    My sim stories:
    Regrets (Finished)
    Abbie's Diary (Finished)
    Mistakes

• Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    Here's an update from yesterday's session working on fixing Glen Harbor.
    I started with making some very major adjustments to the settings in story progression to deactivate the personalities.I still have a few more adjustments to make there.
    16609735807_d0457327c9_c.jpg
    I switched out the school rabbit hole rug for a base game decorative rug because the town couldn't really afford the school though they're keeping it as a library and adding the school back in sometime in the future when the population is bigger.
    16815925272_c945c0ebe6_c.jpg
    Garden Market needed a few fixes to the routing and a food replicator was added to the lot.
    16629666030_1d380ee70a_c.jpg
    Here's another picture of Garden Market with the Bell home in the background.
    16817044505_2e9dc0b33e_c.jpg
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    AlaskaBlackAlaskaBlack Posts: 68 Member
    One of my sims got married, while the other died in a house fire.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Nory_05 wrote: »

Ah, nice. I have Riverview, but not played there yet.
    For one of my stories I needed a big house for my sim sisters. I saw a perfect one, so I just "infiltrated" it and merged them into the family, then kicked the originals out, apart from the dad, who became the "butler". >:)

LOL at least he lived on. I just kill them all off, I've never been a fan of EA premades. They tend to have really nasty personalities even if you give them make overs and change their traits.

I did have fun making Don Lothario and Jon Lessen a couple once and then releasing them as townies. They were pretty happy together and surprisingly faithful. I did it because the game made them both gay and I thought they would be cute together (Don and Jon).

The biggest issue with Riverview is that is it heavily inflicted with the sunken lot glitch. I think it started after World Adventures was released? Where if you would place a lot that you saved from somewhere else, then it would sink into the ground on the edges and look awful. About 1/3 of the lots that I placed in that world? This happened and it just irritated me so much. It makes things look awful.

@TadOlson - I love your images, I'm intrigued by the 1800's references. What is the backstory? Why are they in modern clothing with laptops and yet in one of your posts you referenced them being in the summer of the 1800's?

Hmmm, I did!! I wonder if that caused it...I read on a forum that sometimes it happens with new lots and fixes itself after a few sim days? I'm not sure about that but I'll give it a go. It's not happening with every sim or every time so we shall see.

Rock'nLlama did you fix your sinking Sim issue? (for some reason my tag for you isn't working right...I even went to your wall and copied it straight off that....)
  • Options
    BlondePumpkinBlondePumpkin Posts: 93 Member
    I've recently started playing the Sims 3 again. My laptop was fried and I simply didn't play for awhile. I got into Sims 3 later in it's life. When I bought it I bought a few EP's to go along with the base game. This time around I made up my mind to focus solely on the base game since I'd never really explored it when I first got it. I'm loving it so far. I made a pink haired lady named Ginger Lake. She ended up married to Christopher Steel. She is a writer while he is a local fisherman. They had a daughter named Jade. She looks just like her dad. She is a local musician. She married Mortimer Goth and became best friends with Bella Bachelor (who married one of the Bunch boys). Mortimer is a wonderful painter.

I found out while playing that teens can get married. I was a bit surprised when I saw the option to propose to Mortimer pop up. So of course I had to try it. It's one of the things I've enjoyed about simply playing the base game and exploring it. I'm finding things I had no idea where there in the first place.

Jade and Mortimer have three sons whom they love dearly. (Grandma was really hoping she'd get a granddaughter. One of her books is called "I Hope It's A Girl".) The boys names are James, Monty and Vincent. They live with their parents and grandparents next to their great aunt Agnes. James wants to be a gardener, Monty loves computers and Vincent is still just a baby so his future is wide open.

Things are becoming a bit cramped in their house. I'm debating if I should move them again or not. Ginger, Christoper, Jade and Mortimer have all managed to complete their LTWs. Their focus is on their family and providing the best life for them that they can. I hope to carry on the Goth name for awhile. I plan to explore the base game in depth with this family. It's been eventful so far. I just hope Jade and Mortimer are done rolling wishes for more babies.

I'm immensely enjoying everyone's stories and pictures!
  • Options
    @LokiSimsies-I'm working with the game and it's the Sims 3 version of history where laptops,iPads and smart phone were part of their lives and the clothing is just because I work with the in-game clothing.I've got a legacy from the 17th century where it's the same though I disabled autonomous going to the hospital to have babies.
    @BlondePumpkin-Your game sounds like fun.
    @rosenero10-Great picture!
    Here's a special update from my test of a new custom world I downloaded from the Exchange.
    I loaded up a world called Evermore Falls that I downloaded from the Exchange and it installed fine and installed clean on my test file.I loaded it up and found no lots already placed so I started putting a few lots down.I quit and reloaded after saving and it loaded up fine.
    16828289851_6b7c143885_c.jpg
    I went into the lot for the city hall rabbit hole and levelled it out before placing my city hall shell.
    16828292491_55aa7dbbbc_c.jpg
    I went back in to remove the parking though there were only two bike racks.
    16828296221_37ec29bb7a_c.jpg
    Here's a map view of the town where my legacy founders will live in edit town.
    16828298711_e7c3533402_c.jpg
  • Options
    lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,031 Member
    @TadOlson Evermore Falls looks like an easily accessible world. Pretty too. Hope it makes a good home for your founder sims.
  • Options
    becks1112becks1112 Posts: 919 Member
    I had my very first alien encounter last night. In all the years I've played the game, I've never had a sim abducted. Then last night I started a brand new game. No telescope, no moon rocks. She was just making dinner and all of the sudden wanted to go outside to see what the strange lights were. So her life is off to an interesting start. My plan for her was to be my "fun" sim and use her to go explore all the parts of the game that I've never played before, so I guess we're off to a good start.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    So, I just finished giving Monte Vista a makeover. It looks really good as a horse crazy community. The house on those big lots are super easy to modify and add a barn and corral to them.

Problem?

I have 22 Sims that are in law and military and that combined rabbit hole is causing issues with so many Sims going to work there.

Which means, we are on the move again.

Sooner or later I'm going to find the perfect world for my main Sim and their town (I have 22 households of 75 Sim that I made for this game and I am determined to place them somewhere! LOL).

I'm actually considering a custom world. I've had nothing but issues with them in the past so I'm a little concerned. They always seem to lag, have routing issues, or crash. Plus there is the simple fact that I have no idea what kind of world I want to play in!

My Sims are a horse crazy female named Serenity Lopez and her athlete boyfriend Caleb Ramirez. They own two black cats, Shadow and Thunder. All their friends (the town) was carefully thought out to be of Hispanic, Italian, or Native American descent since that is the world I'm trying to play. I was thinking they would be perfect in Monte Vista but then the rabbit hole on that hill did me in...

I'm burnt out on Lucky Palms, I can't take anymore sand color world. I need green, my Sims need green, we need trees and rivers and a beach. I actually considered moving everybody to Sunlit Tides. Riding horses on the beach sounds cool....

Anyways...that's my rambling story and how I'm sort of stuck right now because I can't find a home for Serenity, Caleb, their cats and the 75 Sims I'm portering into the world with them (have to porter because I carefully created back stories for them with exes, families, enemies, etc to make the town more alive).
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    becks1112 wrote: »
    I had my very first alien encounter last night. In all the years I've played the game, I've never had a sim abducted. Then last night I started a brand new game. No telescope, no moon rocks. She was just making dinner and all of the sudden wanted to go outside to see what the strange lights were. So her life is off to an interesting start. My plan for her was to be my "fun" sim and use her to go explore all the parts of the game that I've never played before, so I guess we're off to a good start.

*grumbles*

Aliens

*grumbles some more*

Only thing they are good for is adding to my colorful ghost filled graveyard... "How many different ways can an alien die?"

Can't stand them, wish there was a way to turn them off in our game. I use the mod and it's one of the reasons I won't be playing Sims 4 if they introduce aliens without a way of keeping them out of our worlds. I do not enjoy the forced abductions and the forced pregnancies, there is a nasty word for that sort of thing and it peeves me off that my Sims are forcibly taken out of their homes and then impregnated against their will or their players will.

Aliens....grumbles....

And that's my rant, I know many won't agree with me and that's the beauty of Sims and the various mods out there. Our game, play it our way, everybody wins and is happy.

Before I found the mod to get rid of aliens, my Sims were constantly being abducted. It's like with a cat who senses that you are allergic or just plain can't stand them so they find you and rub against your leg? The aliens just knew I couldn't stand them so they would come every single night to steal my Sims away. Male, female, no logic skill, no telescope, no space rocks...didn't matter. They would show up every night after about the third night to take my Sims. I rage quit my game so many times before I discovered that I could reset my sim and then shift+click on the alien and choose the way they died. That was fun for awhile and then I found the mod and my worlds no longer have aliens in them.
  • Options
    lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,031 Member
    @LokiSimsies RE: Monte Vista. If you like the world, why don't you replace the glitched combo lot with the two separate military and law lots from another world? You can also find the rabbit holes in Build mode, community buildings. I've done that before. And it's been suggested that you place the new lots down first before bulldozing the old combo lot so sims employed in those lot jobs will be able to keep their careers intact.
  • Options
    lanlyn wrote: »
    @LokiSimsies RE: Monte Vista. If you like the world, why don't you replace the glitched combo lot with the two separate military and law lots from another world? You can also find the rabbit holes in Build mode, community buildings. I've done that before. And it's been suggested that you place the new lots down first before bulldozing the old combo lot so sims employed in those lot jobs will be able to keep their careers intact.

That's a good idea......I could use the ones from Lucky Palms since they are almost the right color (I didn't even think about that). This is my third world with this group in two weeks and I'm starting to get annoyed and frustrated.
  • Options
    BeorthedogBeorthedog Posts: 33 Member
    Okay- I'm gonna try to make a Sims game and NOT USE CHEATS :P Wish me luck!
    I just got promoted to a member :P
    I'm a TOTAL newby to the sims, and I suck at building houses.
    I wanna become a comic book artist someday :D
  • Options
    MinxMinx Posts: 1,221 Member
    @Beorthedog Good luck. I think I wanted to challenge myself, I'd try that backwards. I think the only cheat I've used is the make all happy and that's usually when my sims have frustrated to me a point far beyond having fun. xD So, very rarely. I think make 4 times since June of last year. That's how long I've been playing.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    @lanlyn-Evermore Falls is working great and I still have to go live with a family.
    @LokiSimsies-I've been testing Evermore Falls out and it looks like the version I'm using might work if you have Supernatural,Late Night and/or Island Paradise installed.I have all three installed since the only one I don't have are Ambitions and Showtime though I'm still looking for them at a store.I've also got the rabbit hole replacers because they usually work better than EA's shells.
    Here's a tour update of Evermore in the year 1635 in the spring before the new colonial settlers would start to arrive.
    Here's the Evermore city hall rabbit hole.I used a custom shell and placed a rabbit hole rug inside it.
    16215675004_bcbd178894.jpg
    Here's the Evermore hospital and science center rabbit hole using rugs and a custom shell.
    16650676460_aa9dde3d2a.jpg
    Here's the Evermore library and future school with the hospital in the background.
    16838047535_6872e8d754.jpg
    Here's an overhead view of the town of Evermore,Maine.
    16836952851_c558dedecf.jpg
  • Options
    @TadOlson My Sim Realty just released a new world. I know you enjoy new worlds. I'm going to take a look at it today.

This world you are now playing, how are the lots? I tried to play in a custom world recently and every lot I placed that I had copied from an EA world sank. It was very frustrating. I'll go take a look at Evermore.

I took a look at Glenvale County after your recommendations and it might work but all the wasted space. I didn't really like all the big empty green space with just one little lot in the middle of the grid.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top