Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• Options
    lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,037 Member
    edited March 2015
    @Enchantedprey Oh, good to know that 5 masterpieces helps. I'm not sure how many my sim has done. I need to check in on her and see where she's at. Mine got arrested too after doing her own thing after an authorized commission. Oops. But I went with it since she's a Rebel. One of my goals for her is to reach top Rebel level. I haven't had any of my sims reach the top in any social groups. They tend to pick up a few levels, then they drop off because I don't work at it.

I like Aerith. She's unique. :)
  • Options
    BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member
    edited March 2015
    lanlyn wrote: »

I wondered about street art arrests. :D I have one sim in Midnight Hollow who I play as a rebel with "anti-establishment" attitudes. She has mastered Street Art, but has to be sneaky to do her illegal tags. Makes me nervous. While she's painting, I'm like the look out, scanning the camera around watching for cops. :p It's not easy to prevent the arrests though.

@lanlyn ...

That is funny ... Because my Sim has mastered the street art among other things.
    Before she got the Master Challenge Rewards for painting so many masterpieces ... She would get a moodlet before the cops came to take her away.

The moodlet looked like two green eyes (maybe eyes in binoculars) and read ... "Someone Is Watching You".
    It didn't take me long to figure out it was the cops watching me and if I quit painting I wouldn't get busted.

Post edited by BlackSand on
    I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA
  • Options
    EnchantedpreyEnchantedprey Posts: 676 Member
    edited March 2015
    @lanlyn @BlackSand on a note of aerith's Luck
    She went to bed woke up 2 hrs later to get out of her tent for this!
    really get out of bed to be struck with lightning
    original.jpg
    Enchanting the world one moment at a time
    The Pink Plumbob Completionist Club Thread
    Why yes I do own the store!
    tumblr_mragciJXbT1s5ucs6o1_500.gif

• Options
    BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member
    @Enchantedprey ... I would suggest she doesn't get anywhere near my past challenger Lenny.
    He had three meteors come after him during a single challenge.
    They blew up everything he had and left him finishing the challenge sleeping in the Library.

He was also shocked by lightning while talking on the cell phone outside his tent.
    It was funny because he was chatting along to someone then looked up.
    He stopped in the middle of his chatting ... Hung up the phone and just stood there looking up and waiting to get shocked.

I saw the lighting thingy in the que and was clicking all over the place yelling at him to run ... But no luck.

I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA
  • Options
    EnchantedpreyEnchantedprey Posts: 676 Member
    lol ya @BlackSand that would end in the whole town on fire and vengeful ghosts everywhere
    Enchanting the world one moment at a time
    The Pink Plumbob Completionist Club Thread
    Why yes I do own the store!
    tumblr_mragciJXbT1s5ucs6o1_500.gif

• Options
    @Enchantedprey and @BlackSand OMG! I've had lightening strike on the lot where Maxwell is, but never had anyone or anything hit. :o Rain is also something I've been turning off in most of my games, so no clue about what comes with it besides the annoying umbrellas! LOL I'm assuming Aerith is ok?

@BlackSand Oh! I saw that Being Watched moodlet (too late). Good idea. I'll look for that when she's painting to help avoid the police. :p
  • Options
    becks1112becks1112 Posts: 919 Member
    Am I the only one who's never had a sim struck by lightening or by a meteor? These things seem to happen constantly in everyone's games, haha. Currently my legacy founder and her new husband are living outside in a tent, so I probably shouldn't be jinxing them.
  • Options
    @becks1112 I've never had a sim struck by lightening or meteors. The only crazy death I've had is a plumbot falling after flying around with the jetpack. She had a deathflower though, so came back alive.
    original.jpg
    original.jpg
    original.jpg
  • Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,140 Member
    The beginning of Chapter 28 is FINALLY up in my Holland Family Sim story everyone! (link in my sig)
    *whew* Sorry that took forever!

@ACB44 @EnchantedPrey @TadOlson @Surreal @LaBlue0314 @Jillbg @LauriApp @Lanlyn @Emma_Valentine @SweetieKaye @moonandsixpens @redvelvet @lovelylisac :)
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    Nory_05Nory_05 Posts: 355 Member
    becks1112 wrote: »
    Am I the only one who's never had a sim struck by lightening or by a meteor? These things seem to happen constantly in everyone's games, haha. Currently my legacy founder and her new husband are living outside in a tent, so I probably shouldn't be jinxing them.

I've never seen a meteroshower in my game... it would be cool though. Not sure how to make it happen though.
    Same for lightning... never
    :(
    I'm disappointed.
    My sim stories:
    Regrets (Finished)
    Abbie's Diary (Finished)
    Mistakes

• Options
    venusdemilosimsvenusdemilosims Posts: 1,918 Member
    edited March 2015
    I've had a sim survive a lightning strike, my main Sim's middle child Sierra did. The same lightning strike killed her college roommate a couple of simdays earlier.

Screenshot-192.jpg

I think the lightning struck her IN the college building, rofl

Screenshot-180.jpg

This was her unfortunate college roommate, Jake Sammon.

Screenshot-182.jpg

All the others were mourning...

Screenshot-185.jpg

...except my Sierra, rofl... she actually rolled a want to resurrect him.
    jpnbanner2_zpscb7d2475.jpg header_zps436f0053.jpg

• Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I managed to get into my game today and could only do some fixing in a game.
    Here's an update on a game fix in Gibsons.
    I got a notice that story progression was activated.
    16779146701_8301506fd4_z.jpg
    I opened up the story progression options menu to fix some messed up settings and disable all personalities.
    16780289805_ff13eaf8d8_z.jpg
    I made adjustments in Retuner to stop autonomous giving birth at the hospital.
    16779151021_a7e1aa62af_z.jpg
    I checked buy mode after building a section of wall so I could fix the lot settings in story progression and it looks normal.
    16780294335_ef703ae091_z.jpg
    I checked my buy content in rugs and that looks fine.
    16157980484_e1a1b429a4_z.jpg
    I checked my town in map view and made sure the map tags are as they should be.
    16754442266_c15ba54007_z.jpg
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    In last night's game, my sim Maxwell decided to propose to his NPC girlfriend Kirby.
    Sadly, Max chose a really bad time to ask for Kirby's hand in marriage:
    The late afternoon just before a Full Moon.
    original.jpg
    Right after Kirby accepts, she turns into a zombie!
    original.jpg

More of this drama here:
    My Zombie Fiancee
  • Options
    Rock'nLlamaRock'nLlama Posts: 175 Member
    Had all sorts of teen drama D:

I had my teen boy meet up with his school friend Maria to try and get a date for prom, and spent all this time making her over and was all excited that they had attraction for each other...only to find out she had a boyfriend! (who we actually knew)
    I decided not to give up though and kept pushing romance until she found him "irresistible" but the option to break up still didn't show, o I used nrass to take care of it and she became the prom date XD

so she comes over right before 5...and then right when the limo pulls up, changes into her work clothes and says she has to leave for work! I was so upset that my boy got stood up...but then I got notifications that the two of them had a great time at the dance and even became a couple, so I guess she ended up showing after all? They're prom picture featured her in her work uniform though, so that was too bad x.x

• Options
    @lanlyn-Great pictures!I use a Mod from MTS to remove the zombies.
    @Rock'nLlama-It sounds like you had fun.
    Here's another update from Oak Leaf in the summer of 1847.
    Davis and Lacey Bell were both up so early it was just getting light out when they got up.Davis got breakfast while Lacey took his turn in the washroom.
    16552485897_be14d5bb45.jpg
    Davis got her turn in the washroom while Lacey ate breakfast.
    16758575161_be0ebb2c25.jpg
    They both ended up studying athletic skill on their iPads while they played chess on their computers until it was early afternoon and time to get ready for work.
    16572181928_e101213654.jpg
    16572376040_87167d6444.jpg
    Davis and Lacey were both getting ready for work by 1:30 in the afternoon and both had left by 3:30.
    16552502277_6507b331ac.jpg
    16572384560_618b9e44cf.jpg
    They got home in the full moon and started getting ready to be in bed by 7:30 in the evening.
    16759762575_a6a9e6f7c1.jpg
  • Options
    TadOlson wrote: »
    @lanlyn-Great pictures!I use a Mod from MTS to remove the zombies.
    Thank you, @TadOlson I usually keep them out of my games by having the moon cycle stay only in Waxing Gibbous. But I'm doing a 112 day challenge and decided to use all the moon's phases (my choice) since I already had to include all weather conditions for the challenge. My first real time to deal with zombies. It's been pretty entertaining, but I'll be glad to finally get rid of them! I might look at another option to stop them though because I kind of like the moon cycling through its phases. Which mod do you recommend?

I could have used Nraas to cure Kirby, but am trying to keep my challenge story clear of blatant mod help. I say "blatant" because I still have all my mods installed and working in the background! :p

• Options
    omerazoulayomerazoulay Posts: 4 New Member
    My sims have 2 babies
  • Options
    @lanlyn-I got my zombie fix HERE and it requires free registration to download.
  • Options
    LokiSimsiesLokiSimsies Posts: 1,912 Member
    'Morning everybody. All caught up with the 40 posts made since my last visit to this forum.

Love all the updates on the stories and images.

My Sims have moved to Riverview. I wanted to retire her as a doctor because I got tired of the constant on call and now she will be training horses. Took forever (nearly a week) to make over that world. I gutted everything and started over to make it look more rural and like a farming community.

I tried to play a couple of custom worlds (Storybrook) and they crashed my new gaming laptop. *sighs* I was so hoping I could finally play a gaming community.

Riverview does have some issues so not sure how long "we" will stay in it. The lots mostly, they like to sink and I don't like lots with sunken edges.
  • Options
    Sim_LucentSim_Lucent Posts: 689 Member
    @LokiSimsies I would love to see some screenshots of your remade Riverview! I'm a sucker for farming community gameplay.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Options
    redvelvet redvelvet Posts: 41 Member
    Well, let's see. I made a psychopathic sim who kept her two children locked in the basement... when in reality I just wanted to play with some features I haven't really tried yet and I wanted messed up sims to try them on. :P
  • Options
    TadOlson wrote: »
    @lanlyn-I got my zombie fix HERE and it requires free registration to download.
    Thanks! I'ved used MTS before, so no problem there. Got it downloaded. I think I'll go ahead and install it now. I've experienced enough zombies. This way, I can still keep the full moon cycles. :)
  • Options
    LokiSimsiesLokiSimsies Posts: 1,912 Member
    Sim_Lucent wrote: »
    @LokiSimsies I would love to see some screenshots of your remade Riverview! I'm a sucker for farming community gameplay.

I'll tag you when I remember to take more screens. I am trying to figure out how to make a living off adopting horses and selling them. Made the mistake of adopting a foal....she's so sweet....my Sims two cats love her already. How the heck am I supposed to get rid of that sweet little horse?

Next time? Adopt an adult horse! LOL

These are two from today's game play.

One of my townies riding past on his horse on the way to the horse competition, that is his neighbor behind him also going to the horse competition.

Screenshot-35_zpsjlonkkdq.jpg

One of my townie families when I first loaded them (to max their relationships out and give the pets/children some rewards because the adult Sims don't do a good job caring for them so I give them stuff like steel bladder so they don't "suffer").

By the way, this is the same guy in the above shot but out of his uniform with his wife and two children.

Screenshot-2_zpsng29dxyw.jpg

That is my Sims ranch right behind them. I deleted all the houses where Jon Lessen lived and placed the two horse community lots and three horse-friendly houses there (I borrowed two from App. Plains and made the one my Sim lives in).
  • Options
    @lanlyn-I love that Mod and have used it for a while now and I'm at patch 167.
    @lokiSimsies-Great pictures!
    Here's another update from Oak Leaf in the summer of 1847.
    Davis and Lacey Bell were up so early that morning that it was still dark out as they were getting ready for the day.They had breakfast and were starting to study by the time the sun was rising.
    16572391930_c1172a51f4.jpg
    16572396100_35a0646655.jpg
    They both started studying athletic skill on their iPads and playing chess on their computers though Davis had tended their plant before playing chess and they kept it up until about noon when they had to get ready for work.
    16758606971_10695fc4bb.jpg
    16552524727_5fd0693dfd.jpg
    Davis and Lacey started getting ready by noon and were heading out the door by 2:30 in the afternoon at the latest.
    16733902096_f4439d32c3.jpg
    16139844693_96bf7fe326.jpg
    They arrived at work by 3PM and were there until 6PM though they stayed a little late to eat and use the washroom before heading home.
    16758621021_57803a08aa.jpg
  • Options
    Nory_05Nory_05 Posts: 355 Member
    edited March 2015

One of my townies riding past on his horse on the way to the horse competition, that is his neighbor behind him also going to the horse competition.

Screenshot-35_zpsjlonkkdq.jpg

In which town are you playing? I like this guy! He looks like someone I would need in my story :D
    My sim stories:
    Regrets (Finished)
    Abbie's Diary (Finished)
    Mistakes

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top