Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• Options
    lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,038 Member
    edited March 2015
    @Enchantedprey Yes, I understand why they have to use the base game stuff. But with all the great store items I've gotten recently, I usually get rid of some of those items I've seen sooo many times before. Use my new items. :) I saw your prism studio too. I like the changes you made there also. Sorry the interior save messed up. I changed the color scheme for the Amore venue to fit in with a couple of different worlds (Dragon Valley, for one), so I know what you mean about getting the look right. @karritz made a gondola lot that she places in different worlds and she said it takes on different looks itself wherever she puts it. Interesting.
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    @Enchantedprey-I've been getting bad about the CC and Mods because I've currently got 79 NRaas Mod files and more waiting to be installed.My game still runs too fast and I've got CC waiting to be installed.
    @MamaSimTee-Your house looks great.
    I've got a sim who's now 260 hours into her pregnancy and still not near her time to give birth based on my own default pregnancy length being set to 720 hours with Retuner.I did home inspections to make sure my inactives were all behaving themselves and they were at home.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    EnchantedpreyEnchantedprey Posts: 676 Member
    @TadOlson let me know when it starts to take 5 minutes at least to save (every save) lol I do forums and look for more cc while saving l
    Enchanting the world one moment at a time
    The Pink Plumbob Completionist Club Thread
    Why yes I do own the store!
    tumblr_mragciJXbT1s5ucs6o1_500.gif

• Options
    MamaSimTeeMamaSimTee Posts: 963 Member
    Minx wrote: »
    @MamaSimTee I love the colors on the inside of that house! Took a moment for my eyes to adjust and then I was like.... Oh, that's nice. Makes sense. =D

I'm thinking about doing it "mardi gras" colors. LOL I have it in m head (probably because many others here say it) that Twinbrook is Louisiana or a New Orleans style world. So I thought, "Hey, make the mansion redone in mardi gras colors!" LOL
    <insert inspiring comment here> :)
  • Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,141 Member
    @Lanlyn Glad you enjoyed it! :) I'm trying to get back into playing so I can write more of the story but I've been so busy! I will tag you and the others when I get a new chapter up. Thanks for reading it! :D
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    edited March 2015
    @MamaSimTree Your mansion will be perfect for Katy Perry :D lol
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    lanlyn wrote: »
    @jillbg I also get attached to my sims. They never die. At worst, they just go into long-term stasis waiting for me to choose their world to play again. :p Right now, I'm doing a neat Challenge by @BlackSand that was suppose to be about making unique NPCs to place in various worlds. Well, I'm not going to be able to completely let go of my challenger. I got too involved with him and the challenge has veered off a bit. But I'm still working at it. Talk about finding different ways to play...even with me getting attached to him, I've still done some very different things with this challenger sim. Counting up so far, he's earned me 6 new achievement badges!
    @lanlyn I've stuck with The Grey Witches for about a year now! And I'm not bored at all, probably because I'm writing a story about them. :)
    The now and then Century Manor is fantastic, it's my witches home since they moved to Twin Towns. After the first chock of discovering the run-down old mansion, the Grey sister's hired staff to take care of the repair work, and now it's just fine. But I think I will change the color, seeing @Enchantedprey's amazing make-over is inspiring, and I just loooove bluegrey...

NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member
    Dang ... The mods like Story Progression and Master Controller are great.
    So ... Today in my game, my Sim meets a young adult, soon to be mother who is employed but kind of just getting along.
    That evening while checking records (Master Controller on the Town) ... She finds out the young lady's house already doesn't meet House Inspection requirements.

meh%20012_zpsdw177kl2.jpg

She has a pet but no pet bed ... And a dwindling bank account.
    With a child soon to be in the house as well ... There isn't a crib or anything to handle that.
    Now ... I could mess with a lot of settings and make things a little easier on her ... But shucks, my Sim pretty much owns the town.

While the young lady is away at work ... My Sim calls a "hot-shot" crew into action.
    Remodeled the house to upgraded standards across the board ... Furnished new appliances, beds, entertainment options and bathroom fixtures.
    Did some landscaping ... Added some yard fun and scenery ... Sold the Old Jalopy and bought her a new SUV.
    Included bunk beds in the extra room in case the family grows but wants to stay in the house.

meh%20011_zps7ozholvp.jpg

Basically my Sim brings everything up to code ... Then puts a little icing on the cake.
    Then you have to wonder if the poor young lady can afford the new bills with all the additions.
    So ... My Sim transfers 150,000 Simoleons into the young lady's household account.

Now she can take care of the baby ... Quit work for a little while if she feels like it.
    The wonderful things you can do for other Sims just in a day of gaming.

I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA
  • Options
    Nory_05Nory_05 Posts: 355 Member
    BlackSand wrote: »
    Dang ... The mods like Story Progression and Master Controller are great.
    She finds out the young lady's house already doesn't meet House Inspection requirements.

She has a pet but no pet bed ... And a dwindling bank account.
    With a child soon to be in the house as well ... There isn't a crib or anything to handle that.

While the young lady is away at work ... My Sim calls a "hot-shot" crew into action.
    Remodeled the house to upgraded standards across the board ... Furnished new appliances, beds, entertainment options and bathroom fixtures.
    Did some landscaping ... Added some yard fun and scenery ... Sold the Old Jalopy and bought her a new SUV.
    Included bunk beds in the extra room in case the family grows but wants to stay in the house.

The house looks lovely! :*
    Did you need to temporarily move the owner sim out?
    I tried to add pet beds and cribs to the neighbourhood, but when the house was occupied, I couldn't. (From Edit Town).

Or is there a mod that lets you do this?

My sim stories:
    Regrets (Finished)
    Abbie's Diary (Finished)
    Mistakes

• Options
    edited March 2015
    Nory_05 wrote: »

The house looks lovely! :*
    I tried to add pet beds and cribs to the neighbourhood, but when the house was occupied, I couldn't. (From Edit Town).

@Nory_05 ...

I use "testingcheatsenabled on".
    You can "shift-ctrl-click" on any lot (public or private) ... And it will give you the "Build" or "Buy" option on the lot.
    It doesn't matter whether or not the house is occupied that way ... And I haven't tried doing it from Edit Town.

But ... Keep in mind that it is your "active" Sim that will be paying for the improvements you make using this method.
    And ... If you improve the lot beyond the means of the lot owner to pay routine taxes/bills ... Then that will create problems.

Edit:
    I did post ... "... on any lot (public or private) ..." ... Which is not entirely true.

Funny Enough ... In some cases you cannot use this method on public lots your active Sim owns.
    If that is the case ... You just access the Build/Buy option through the applicable tag and normal method.

Post edited by BlackSand on
  • Options
    @BlackSand I like your house. Simple, but classy. :) That's one lucky single mother!
  • Options
    AMariseSAMariseS Posts: 2,458 Member
    @BlackSand Thanks for the idea! All of my Sims have way more money than they could possibly use. Maybe they'll start being secretly altruistic as well. :)
  • Options
    lanlyn wrote: »
    @BlackSand I like your house. Simple, but classy. :) That's one lucky single mother!

@lanlyn ...

When I do remodels like that ... I keep the house pretty much what it was when it started.
    I may rearrange a wall ... Move a door to create better flow ... And rearrange/modify furniture.
    I found it is pretty easy and quick to make a house EA has provided a lot more appealing and livable.

Thanks for the Wonderful Comment ... But EA did most of the work ... I just made it nicer (in my opinion).
    Have a Lovely Evening!

• Options
    AMariseS wrote: »
    @BlackSand Thanks for the idea! All of my Sims have way more money than they could possibly use. Maybe they'll start being secretly altruistic as well. :)

@AMariseS ...

Yeah ... Like I mentioned ... My Sim owns every purchasable business or property in town that isn't occupied by a household.
    She has made more than 20 million without ever cheating ... And there is nothing you can really build or buy for that much.

I got mad looking at babies laying in front yards.
    Then I got the NRaas Story Progression and Master Controller mods so I could inspect houses and find problems.
    There are others ways you can attempt to fix it ... But if your Sim has the cash, just fix it yourself.

I love being altruistic ... Especially when you can do it with your own money and without a bunch of political garbage.

• Options
    Nory_05Nory_05 Posts: 355 Member
    BlackSand wrote: »
    Nory_05 wrote: »

@Nory_05 ...

I use "testingcheatsenabled on".
    You can "shift-ctrl-click" on any lot (public or private) ... And it will give you the "Build" or "Buy" option on the lot.
    It doesn't matter whether or not the house is occupied that way ... And I haven't tried doing it from Edit Town.

Awesome! I think I'll upgrade my poor neighbours this weekend :D
    My sim stories:
    Regrets (Finished)
    Abbie's Diary (Finished)
    Mistakes

• Options
    When I first started playing Sims 3, I chose Riverview as my world. I was shocked at how the Brokes were living! In Sims 2, one of my sims had married Brandi Broke, so I had a soft spot for them. I bulldozed that eye-sore of a lot and gave them a nice house with spare money. Now, I probably wouldn't make that drastic of a change. I like @BlackSand 's approach: just upgrade what they have. A lot more realistic, I think.
  • Options
    redvelvet redvelvet Posts: 41 Member
    I've been experimenting with the delicate interworkings of a sim's mind. I made a sim (Donald) who is a neat, snobby, perfectionist that hates children and is easily scared. Then I made his toddler daughter, Ginger, a light sleeper who is good with music. I wanted to see how he acted around his little bundle of misery. :D.

Donald is so conflicted. He gets a 'Dislikes Children' moodlet, then he gets a wish like 'See Ginger Age Up Well' and 'Tickle Ginger.' At one point he had the 'Dislikes Children' moodlet and the 'Proud Parent' moodlet at the same time, lol.

But he's going to like this a lot more than the next tests. (Next, Donald the coward is going to be locked in a room with Bonehillda and then married to a woman he hates who is his exact opposite.)
  • Options
    @RedVelvetCookie What doesn't kill him will make him stronger! LOL
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    @everybody-I've seen the updates and they're all great.
    Here's a home inspection update from Oak Leaf in the summer of 1847.
    Tanner and Tracy Ivanovitch were subjected to a home inspection.
    16533696318_08273fcc1b.jpg
    I ran a home inspection on Davis and Lacey Bell.
    16101315573_115967fc03.jpg
    I got a night shot of the Jankowsky house.
    16695370366_f8c7817cbc.jpg
    I got a close-up of a gnome and a planter with a plant.
    16514013467_974510e21a.jpg
    The Jankowskys bought a baby cot.
    16533877130_d2d84579f9.jpg
    They also bought more baby gear for the new baby they expect to have.
    16101351643_8f0c01b14d.jpg
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,141 Member
    @TadOlson where do you post your pictures from??
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    ACB44ACB44 Posts: 140 Member
    @TadOlson excited to see your new baby sim! ... I've been having baby fever with my sims, but since they already have 3 teens close to being young adults, I don't think it'd be wise to add another baby with such a big gap between the kids ... so it looks like I'll just have to wait until Barbara ages up to start popping them out.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    TadOlson wrote: »
    I got a night shot of the Jankowsky house.
    16695370366_f8c7817cbc.jpg
    @TadOlson I love the Jankowsky's hens! :D Where did you get them from!?! And the gnome is ugly-cute, but a little creepy!
    TadOlson wrote: »
    They also bought more baby gear for the new baby they expect to have.
    16101351643_8f0c01b14d.jpg
    Is that a crib with a seat next to it? It looks lovely! Does it work? And where did you get it? Can't wait to see the baby! :)
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    pottergoosepottergoose Posts: 1,543 Member
    edited March 2015
    IGNORE THIS POST

(I accidentally posted on here rather than the sims four thread.
    I'm the one who gripped you tight and raised you from perdition
  • Options
    pottergoosepottergoose Posts: 1,543 Member
    Shoot whoops this is the Sims 3 board, not sims 4.

My bad lol.
    I'm the one who gripped you tight and raised you from perdition
  • Options
    SiskaNewbieSiskaNewbie Posts: 88 Member
    Sims are pigs!

I bought the ice-cream maker and the deep fryer from the Simstore and my sims can't stop eating. If someone is idle they immediately go for the ice cream. This includes guests. I'm gonna have to hide them my family inventory or something or soon nobody will be able to fit through the front door.

On the other hand perhaps I can put them on a public lot and and have my whole neighborhood die of greasy degeneration!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top