Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Patch is here

Comments

• Options
    Wasting_NightWasting_Night Posts: 800 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    XopaxPax wrote: »
    I'm still hoping there will be another patch this month, we had two in january.

With GTW adding in basements I hope that's the case. I remember some features of an EP gets added on to the base game via an update like stages in LN or building on water with IP.

Basements are coming with GTW? :O

Yep. Watch the retail trailer that released a few minutes ago.
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member

With GTW adding in basements I hope that's the case. I remember some features of an EP gets added on to the base game via an update like stages in LN or building on water with IP.

Check the retail trailer on youtube
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    AndygalAndygal Posts: 1,280 Member
    It's mentioned in the retail trailer, and one of the Gurus retweeted a tweet about basements, so it looks like we may actually be getting basements and it's not a repeat of the apartment debacle.
  • Options
    AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member
    KevWalker wrote: »
    The crazy optimism shown on this forum is astounding! Failure after failure, and yet people, even after this latest kick in the 🐸🐸🐸🐸, are still talking about "a later patch" - based on what in EAs track record?

There were bug fixes, not sure why people are acting like this is something to sneeze at? What exactly is expected? I'm not even a person who is in favor of most of what Maxis has been up to. We'll get our gnome and free hairs eventually. Most likely later this month or in April. It's not even content that will give something worth while to this game, it's aesthetics.

Maxis has done some 🐸🐸🐸🐸 work but there's no reason at the moment to assume they'll go back on event rewards. (In my opinion)

I'm happy there were bug fixes so that those who want to play but couldn't, can. I hope more bugs are continued to be fixed in the future and it's too bad that more will probably be added.
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
  • Options
    HeidelbeermarmeladeHeidelbeermarmelade Posts: 161 Member
    agent_bev wrote: »
    I don't want to raise hopes but I just saw this on Twitter: https://twitter.com/thesims/lists/simgurus BASEMENTS!?

I. Want. That. Patch. Now. To. See. It. With. My. Own. Eyes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HrNTk670z8

They said basements are back in GTW, it might get patched in to the basegame?

LOL. Thought they might kind of surprise us with the patch today - but it was just an info from the video. Stupid me. :D
  • Options
    It looks like the gnome is in with this patch. they said the hairstyles might be late. Hopefully we will have another patch this month (maybe on the 31st?).
  • Options
    mikmakermikmaker Posts: 2,145 Member
    mikmaker wrote: »
    SelenaGrey wrote: »
    Patch notes:

What’s new? It’s St. Patrick’s Day or St. Paddy’s Day, (as I learned this week, it’s not St. Patty’s… who knew?)! Top off your Sim with a bit o’tha green by plopping on a new hat for your male and female Sims, found in Create a Sim. And a new gnome has joined us! Search for the Bare Essentials Gnome to adorn your abode.

-SimGuruGnome

The two new hairstyles are HATS! Hahahah
    BEST.
    JOKE.
    EVER!
    Hahahhahhahahhaha
    Boohoo Challenge!

how is a hat consider a hairstyle I'm a lil confused :confused:

I was wrong. The hairstyles will come later. At least they will come sometime. Before 2050, for sure! >:);) No release date yet.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member

Yep. Watch the retail trailer that released a few minutes ago.

The trailer sooo amazing!! The true reason I will buy the pack and I love the new photography skill!!! :D

About the basements being in a patch...I doubt it...but they may include them..don't know they might want to keep them EP exclusive :s
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    I had this big long rant and deleted it because there is no point.

Thank you for the worthless hat and gnome. Thank you for not fixing any of the real issues with the game.
  • Options
    SimplyToriSimplyTori Posts: 1,804 Member
    I've opened up my game and there was no patch. I then went to patch release part of the forums and no patch notes there either?
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/latest-patch-notes
    No patch notes after feb 20 Guess I'll play the wait and see game :(

Patch notes sometimes come late. But to be honest I feel like the patch is just so small that the Gurus won't even bother to post the notes like in an older update.

Thanks, but I don't believe that is true as you can see we had patch notes on Jan 22 Tiny weensy patch today to address a minor configuration issue. But thanks for trying to be helpful :) Like I said I'll just play the wait and see ;)
    justlurking.gif
  • Options
    qrlcodeqrlcode Posts: 532 Member
    There it is...updating now.
  • Options
    knazzerknazzer Posts: 3,382 Member
    Patch Seems quite big downloading now maybe more than expected?
  • Options
    XopaxPaxXopaxPax Posts: 1,769 Member
    I'm updating right now, it's 380mb, it's alot for the little they mentioned...
    tenor.gif
  • Options
    knazzer wrote: »
    Patch Seems quite big downloading now maybe more than expected?
    Stop it. I thought the same thing. :(
  • Options
    qrlcode wrote: »
    There it is...updating now.

I just hope the hat is not so ew as I think it'll be...
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Yep, updating. I forget the filesizes on the other patches, so I can't make a comparison.
  • Options
    CapraCorn104CapraCorn104 Posts: 1,184 Member
    keekee53 wrote: »
    I had this big long rant and deleted it because there is no point.

Thank you for the worthless hat and gnome. Thank you for not fixing any of the real issues with the game.
    Fixing any real issues? Dude, they fixed the game for people who couldn't even OPEN the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 thing. It may not be an issue that you had, but many others are probably grateful for the patch.
  • Options
    JessicaSimstonJessicaSimston Posts: 2,519 Member
    edited March 2015
    IT'S BIG? OMG I'M GETTING MY HOPES UP OMG OMG OMG...ugh I need to stop doing that...it's not good for me. My computer is updating other things at the moment, but I'll stick around here and see how this turns out. I'm going to re read the notes for any hints.
  • Options
    JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    I'm updating right now, it's 380mb, it's alot for the little they mentioned...

379.64 to be precise... :p
  • Options
    knazzerknazzer Posts: 3,382 Member
    Meh useless hat 2116r5w.png
  • Options
    ToxicBlueToxicBlue Posts: 66 Member
    edited March 2015
    Literally so happy that the patch notes call St Patrick's Day "St Paddy's Day". As an Irish person this genuinely makes me so happy! It has never been and never will be Saint "Patty's" Day! :)
    Untitled%202_zps45hg4xod.png
  • Options
    IT'S BIG? OMG I'M GETTING MY HOPES UP OMG OMG OMG...ugh I need to stop doing that...it's not good for me.

Wut? If the patch notes are up why hopes up? LOL

Also 300 mb isn't that big :p
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Yea yea me too and I need to stop because I just get disappointed and they don't owe us barrels of free stuff every month. I'm glad Mac users are getting what seem to be a lot of bug fixes.
  • Options

Ew...oh god no... tell me it was photoshoped... please!
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    JessicaSimstonJessicaSimston Posts: 2,519 Member

Ew...oh god no... tell me it was photoshoped... please!

Oh god. Someone get me a tissue I'm going to cry.