The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Patch is here

Comments

• Options
    Wasting_NightWasting_Night Posts: 800 Member
    edited March 2015
    I suddenly feel silly thinking that EA and Maxis were gonna add something significant to an update so close to an EP release. I bet the Gurus were laughing their heads off seeing all the speculation on what the new update will bring. Not even a fix for the outfit glitch and incest.

"I can't believe they thought we would actually add Story Progression, toddlers, or even something as simple as hanging selfies or locking doors in a FREE update!"
    - SimGurus, 2015

I guess Dwayne from GTAIV is right - expect the worst, only then can you be pleasantly surprised.
  • Options
    xitneverendssxitneverendss Posts: 1,772 Member
    Why do I still bother getting my hopes up for this game? *sigh*

P.S. Gurus already stated the hairstyles would be released later.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    I swear if this is THE March patch...

If no more free content patches are deployed at all after this then I'm sorry but I'm done...
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    KevWalkerKevWalker Posts: 810 Member
    This is an insult, not a patch. No fix for the clothing bug even, never mind the fridge or 1001 others! EA can shove GTW where the sun don't shine, I'm done being ripped off while those 🐸🐸🐸🐸 laugh in my face! :s
  • Options
    JessicaSimstonJessicaSimston Posts: 2,519 Member
    Nothing we asked for is in the patch apart from bug fixes, (they left a few out) who was asking for more ugly hats? We didn't even get one small thing to make our gameplay experience better. Well, I think toddlers may be out the window at this point, if they were coming we would have them by now.
  • Options
    grayheathgrayheath Posts: 41 Member
    I'm not even going to bother until GTW comes out. Every time I patch I have to do a reinstall as I keep getting coding (despite having no CC). This just isn't worth my time!
  • Options
    XopaxPaxXopaxPax Posts: 1,769 Member
    Whaaat. :( Worst patch ever
    tenor.gif
  • Options
    Wasting_NightWasting_Night Posts: 800 Member
    edited March 2015
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

If no more free content patches are deployed at all after this then I'm sorry but I'm done...

For once I'm gonna defend Maxis and say that they were probably too preoccupied with finishing up GTW to add anything significant to this month's update. I guess it's just our fault for getting our hopes up too high.

I'm still disappointed at the lack of bug fixes though.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Looks like they were mainly looking at loading issues. Perhaps they were cleaning it up a bit to get ready for GTW.
  • Options
    xitneverendssxitneverendss Posts: 1,772 Member
    KevWalker wrote: »
    This is an insult, not a patch. No fix for the clothing bug even, never mind the fridge or 1001 others! EA can shove GTW where the sun don't shine, I'm done being ripped off while those 🐸🐸🐸🐸 laugh in my face! :s

Also don't forget about the million other bugs that have been there since day one.
  • Options
    qrlcodeqrlcode Posts: 532 Member

For once I'm gonna defend Maxis and say that they were probably too preoccupied with finishing up GTW to add anything significant to this month's update. I guess it's just our fault for getting our hopes up too high.

I prefer your outlook.
  • Options
    KevWalkerKevWalker Posts: 810 Member
    Maxis haven't got a leg to stand on, some of these bugs have beards to the floor by now! Should have been fixed and if they were even halfway competent would have been! :s
  • Options
    edited March 2015

GTW was probably finished a month ago and they were/are testing it for bugs that is no excuse.

Game bugs weren't fixed, no basic content was added in the patch and they still don't say anything about future content, don't tease don't nothing...
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    poisonedsodapoppoisonedsodapop Posts: 1,179 Member
    I was hoping for some good bug fixes like the three songs playing at the same time or the maid charging while not doing any work. Things we've been dating since launch. I went be buying GTW but I hope us base game players can expect a good patch that fixes things when it releases if bug fixes are going into the expac.
    Hoping some day for some toddlers. But also dreading they'll never come. JK THEY ARE HERE!
  • Options
    KitOnlyHumanKitOnlyHuman Posts: 2,586 Member

I agree with this. As for all the bugs people say they have, I have no clue. >.> Never had any of them that I've read about.

I look forward to the next patch and expansion.
  • Options
    qrlcodeqrlcode Posts: 532 Member
    Hm, is this thing out yet? My game isn't updating.
  • Options
    Lex2221Lex2221 Posts: 972 Member
    They couldve at least fixed people disappearing from the relationship panel. No I'm not talking about the game culling townies im talking about people disappearing that you literally just met that day.
    2ahzmo1.gif
  • Options
    AndygalAndygal Posts: 1,280 Member
    Mine won't either. I'm not booting Origin again until I'm sure it's out. Don't want the darn thing spying on me.
  • Options
    JessicaSimstonJessicaSimston Posts: 2,519 Member
    edited March 2015
    I've not updated yet either since I'm updating a Steam game. I'm praying for a suprise toddler option...oh wait it's EA, I don't think they would surprise us....
  • Options
    Andygal wrote: »
    Mine won't either. I'm not booting Origin again until I'm sure it's out. Don't want the darn thing spying on me.

Disable the data transfer at the very least xD
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    cyberragacyberraga Posts: 53 Member
    Red was the color of her eyes when she put me in a meditation states, her skin was white, so white look like it had no expiration date. Black is the color of the night when it's time for feeding and her body wakes there's just something 'bout the demon that she brings out of me when we raise hell I can't stay away
  • Options
    XopaxPaxXopaxPax Posts: 1,769 Member
    I wonder what's the point of this patch, they don't fixed a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 of the game.
    tenor.gif
  • Options
    mikmakermikmaker Posts: 2,145 Member
    mikmaker wrote: »
    SelenaGrey wrote: »
    Patch notes:

What’s new? It’s St. Patrick’s Day or St. Paddy’s Day, (as I learned this week, it’s not St. Patty’s… who knew?)! Top off your Sim with a bit o’tha green by plopping on a new hat for your male and female Sims, found in Create a Sim. And a new gnome has joined us! Search for the Bare Essentials Gnome to adorn your abode.

-SimGuruGnome

The two new hairstyles are HATS! Hahahah
    BEST.
    JOKE.
    EVER!
    Hahahhahhahahhaha
    Boohoo Challenge!

They said the hairs weren't going to be on the march patch, really like...we all know they aren't coming in March..at least not soon so stop with it.

I'm sorry :'( boohoo don't beat me! :s boohoo
    I won't ever do it again >:)
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,571 Member
    no patch yet
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member
    Is there some indication that this is the only patch we'll get this month? I'm genuinely confused. Hats for Saint Patrick's day and bug fixes but there's nothing to prove that we won't be getting the event stuff in March still, at least the gnome and who knows what else.
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.