May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Patch is here

Comments

• Options
    xitneverendssxitneverendss Posts: 1,772 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    I swear if this is THE March patch...

If no more free content patches are deployed at all after this then I'm sorry but I'm done...

For once I'm gonna defend Maxis and say that they were probably too preoccupied with finishing up GTW to add anything significant to this month's update. I guess it's just our fault for getting our hopes up too high.

I'm still disappointed at the lack of bug fixes though.
    I agree with this. As for all the bugs people say they have, I have no clue. >.> Never had any of them that I've read about.

I look forward to the next patch and expansion.

I won't go so far as to say your statement is false because I don't have your specific game, but it is highly unlikely. You were probably just lucky enough not to notice any of them.

On a side note, how do some people have this patch already? I just booted up Origin and there were no updates.

• Options
    domestictipudomestictipu Posts: 233 Member
    I'm grateful for this patch! Thank you :)
    wedding%2Bhobo.png
  • Options
    SimplyToriSimplyTori Posts: 1,804 Member
    I've opened up my game and there was no patch. I then went to patch release part of the forums and no patch notes there either?
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/latest-patch-notes
    No patch notes after feb 20 Guess I'll play the wait and see game :(
    justlurking.gif
  • Options
    Wasting_NightWasting_Night Posts: 800 Member
    I've opened up my game and there was no patch. I then went to patch release part of the forums and no patch notes there either?

Patch notes sometimes come late. But to be honest I feel like the patch is just so small that the Gurus won't even bother to post the notes like in an older update.
  • Options
    XopaxPaxXopaxPax Posts: 1,769 Member
    I'm still hoping there will be another patch this month, we had two in january.
    tenor.gif
  • Options
    KatsKatsKatsKats Posts: 976 Member
    Lex2221 wrote: »
    Andygal wrote: »
    Mine won't either. I'm not booting Origin again until I'm sure it's out. Don't want the darn thing spying on me.

Lol I put duct tape on my web cam everytime I do. It might sound a little crazy but oh well :#

I stick a bandaid over mine, lol.
  • Options
    JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    This crashes&9xnVidia hotfix is not available on Origin (PC) yet.
    I'm not disappointed. Did expect more stuff addressed, but IMO crashes should always be a priority.
  • Options
    KatsKatsKatsKats Posts: 976 Member
    haituva wrote: »
    They have not promised to give important new content on EVERY patch. Some stuff takes longer to make, and some bugs take longer to fix. They do say this is a "small update". With GTW having kept them them busy until now, there'll probably be a bigger patch right when it's released.

The Woohoo gnome is in this one, the hair will be added later.

I completely agree with you. The way some people talk, I don't think they'd be happy if EA gave everything away each month. They'd just come up with more they want.

The woohoo blog did say that the hair was going to be added some time after this patch.
  • Options
    mariepeek28mariepeek28 Posts: 172 Member
    i dont have a patch
  • Options
    rudolpharudolpha Posts: 999 Member
    The patch notes shown further up in this post had a UK id, but North America doesn't seem to be updated yet.
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    I wasn't expecting anything major like toddlers or story progression. I learned a long time ago never to get my hopes up too high with EA. They manage to hype a large majority of fans and when it gets closer and closer to the release date they start peeling the layers of what the new shiny thing really is. Then you're left with whatever they didn't peel off.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    Lex2221Lex2221 Posts: 972 Member
    KatsKats wrote: »
    Lex2221 wrote: »
    Andygal wrote: »
    Mine won't either. I'm not booting Origin again until I'm sure it's out. Don't want the darn thing spying on me.

Lol I put duct tape on my web cam everytime I do. It might sound a little crazy but oh well :#

I stick a bandaid over mine, lol.

I never thought of that guess I'll be using those when my duct tape runs out.
    2ahzmo1.gif
  • Options
    JessicaSimstonJessicaSimston Posts: 2,519 Member
    Yeah, the notes are up one the UK site where I am but I thought they would've posted it on the North American site first...weird.
  • Options
    ColdHearted21ColdHearted21 Posts: 251 Member
    mikmaker wrote: »
    SelenaGrey wrote: »
    Patch notes:

What’s new? It’s St. Patrick’s Day or St. Paddy’s Day, (as I learned this week, it’s not St. Patty’s… who knew?)! Top off your Sim with a bit o’tha green by plopping on a new hat for your male and female Sims, found in Create a Sim. And a new gnome has joined us! Search for the Bare Essentials Gnome to adorn your abode.

-SimGuruGnome

The two new hairstyles are HATS! Hahahah
    BEST.
    JOKE.
    EVER!
    Hahahhahhahahhaha
    Boohoo Challenge!

how is a hat consider a hairstyle I'm a lil confused :confused:

UrMeatisNeat

• Options
    AndygalAndygal Posts: 1,280 Member

Patch notes sometimes come late. But to be honest I feel like the patch is just so small that the Gurus won't even bother to post the notes like in an older update.

they posted notes for the January 22 micropatch. Well sort of. They didn't actually explain what that one was for just that it happened.
  • Options
    blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    I hope they patch in the basement from the GTW video for free. Maybe?
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    XopaxPax wrote: »

Off-topic, but I love your signature.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    HeidelbeermarmeladeHeidelbeermarmelade Posts: 161 Member
    edited March 2015
    I don't want to raise hopes but I just saw this on Twitter: https://twitter.com/thesims/lists/simgurus BASEMENTS!?

I. Want. That. Patch. Now. To. See. It. With. My. Own. Eyes.

• Options
    panamakirapanamakira Posts: 120 Member
    Here I am reading the notes, happy they addressed the issue where browsing the gallery, crashes my game and this gem pops up:

"If you launched the game in fullscreen and then exit fullscreen, the yellow minimize button was disappearing upon exiting fullscreen. As a side note, if you are aware of the official name for the “yellow minimize button,” that would be great, because our bug report referred to it as “the yellow minimize button in the top left of the window” and I have to wonder if it has a simpler name, like the minimize button or maybe they just call it Bob. Click on Bob to minimize. Did you click Bob? Have you seen Bob? He minimizes things for you. Takes away your cares, shrinks them away… Bob."

LMAO!
  • Options
    Wasting_NightWasting_Night Posts: 800 Member

With GTW adding in basements I hope that's the case. I remember some features of an EP gets added on to the base game via an update like stages in LN or building on water with IP.
  • Options
    AndygalAndygal Posts: 1,280 Member
    I wonder if that infinite loading fix will fix the issue I was having last time I played with the Rattlesnake bar?....
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,630 Member
    blewis823 wrote: »
    I hope they patch in the basement from the GTW video for free. Maybe?

They did for Sims 3!
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member

With GTW adding in basements I hope that's the case. I remember some features of an EP gets added on to the base game via an update like stages in LN or building on water with IP.

Basements are coming with GTW? :O
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    JessicaSimstonJessicaSimston Posts: 2,519 Member
    I wasn't expecting much (I kind of hoped for toddlers, but didn't everyone?), I know bug fixes are a priority, but they could of gave us a little bit more than a hat...
  • Options
    agent_bevagent_bev Posts: 1,313 Member
    I don't want to raise hopes but I just saw this on Twitter: https://twitter.com/thesims/lists/simgurus BASEMENTS!?

I. Want. That. Patch. Now. To. See. It. With. My. Own. Eyes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HrNTk670z8

They said basements are back in GTW, it might get patched in to the basegame?