The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CURRENT DD (DAILY DEAL) ROTATION & SALES HELP: STARTED SEPTEMBER 22ND

Comments

• Options
    frozenorangejuicfrozenorangejuic Posts: 1,830 Member
    @Rhododendron there isn't really a normal amount, unfortunately. It depends on what area you live I think. The most someone I've seen post for their normal is maybe 200 points worth, the least no ads ever. I used to get about 100 points per day and would count anything more than that as a good day. Then for a while I was only getting about 20. For a while though the ads were really, really good and I could get about 500 points a day, once I even got 1,000! Now it seems to be around 20-50 points.
  • Options
    lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,035 Member
    @Cogitotoro My god! You need to go professional! I LOVE it!! B)
  • Options
    despina53despina53 Posts: 1,654 Member
    edited March 2015
    @Cogitotoro - Ashley, that was so funny but so true! :p

ETA: I wanted to ask if anyone else is having trouble "recommending" things on the exchange? I was on my MyPage and was trying to recommend the Sims @Tahera, @AlphaFen, and @frozenorangejuic had posted but it won't let me :(
    Call me Dee :p
    Proud member of the "Own The Store Club"
  • Options
    frozenorangejuicfrozenorangejuic Posts: 1,830 Member
    @lanlyn I personally would go for it since the DD is not that much cheaper.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    @frozenorangejuic Congrats on the good news and good luck!

RE: censoring. Last night I was having trouble adding a screenshot in one of my posts. It happens every so often and I couldn't figure out what the issue was. Well, after investigating more closely I realized that the forum was plumming part of the url! And I don't understand what was wrong with the censored part. :s

EDIT: I just Googled the part of the url that was censored. OH! Well, ok. I guess I get it. I use Picasa Web for sharing photos online. They get labeled with some numeric system lh2, lh3, lh4, lh5 ... the next label is the one that gets censored. ;)
  • Options
    simgeek79simgeek79 Posts: 2,173 Member
    edited March 2015
    Lol @Cogitotoro that is some of your best work yet! Hope you're feeling better - I know that little ditty made me smile :smiley:

Will keep my fingers, toes and eyes crossed for your hubby @frozenorangjuic but I agree, if they're sending forms for background checks an offer is imminent!!

I had a fun DD 24 hours...hadn't had one in a while. I was able to get Pushin' Pedals free last night. bought the corset top individual item this morning and the Fanciful Fashions top this afternoon which allowed me to buy the set for only 15 pts!! Yay!! Glancing at my Google calendar, looks like I've got deals to get every day including a few free ones! I can't wait :p

Hope you all are having a great night / day :kissing_heart:
    I now Own the Store!!...Thank you to everyone who helped me get here <3

Are u new to the Store? Then check out: the Daily Deal Thread
    - Cascades & Daily Deals & Love Kids Stuff? Check this out!
  • Options
    @lanlyn I personally would go for it since the DD is not that much cheaper.
    I did. :) Thank you for helping me think.
  • Options
    @lanlyn I just checked and the Gothique Library hasn't been on the Sale page since i started tracking it in December so probably a good decision on your part.

Just a reminder to everyone that the Sales page changes over tomorrow so if there's anything you're working on, don't forget to grab it!

• Options
    JaceighJaceigh Posts: 808 Member
    Thank you @Tahera for the gifts yesterday. :)
    Happy Simming & Green Downloads! :kissing_heart:
  • Options
    @simgeek79 Thanks! Nice to know I wasn't totally hoodwinked by MMAO. Sometimes, when it comes to that machine, I do wonder if I'm one of PT Barnum's "suckers born every minute." :s
  • Options
    SpiderCrowWolfSpiderCrowWolf Posts: 1,380 Member
    Love that song. Yea, haven't had a single ad for over 24 hours now. Guess they are no more for me.
  • Options
    Pugslover4Pugslover4 Posts: 2,849 Member
    @Cogitotoro, I love it. You should make your sims sing it and do video of it. LOL!
    Sadly my last ads was like before noon. Now it's not working since.
    9cac0e69-be99-4238-b1c8-e9ef2f5d7718_zps38d42068.jpg
    I owned the store! Yahoo!
  • Options
    CogitotoroCogitotoro Posts: 1,401 Member
    lol, thanks for the compliments on the new song, @lanlyn, @simgeek79, @SpiderCrowWolf, and @Pugslover4. I had fun with that one - it mostly just popped into my head. Wasn't sure if anybody on here was both American and old enough to be familiar with The Beverly Hillbillies - in reruns when even I was young.
    Cogitotoro, aka Ashley
    siggy3_zpsaaab9c22.jpg
    No wishlist for me!
  • Options
    @Cogitotoro I grew up watching those reruns in Canada too as a kid. Used to love the cement (pronounced (c-ment) pond (swimming pools) reference and used to repeatedly ask my Italian grandmother to make us a possum pie just like Granny! I actually tried watching an episode a few years ago with my kids, kept gushing about how great it was...anyway, I have to admit I was a little disappointed...wasn't as "great" as I remembered it but in fairness television has come such a long way since then... hard to compare Jethro and Jon Snow!! lol! I think @Pugslover4 is on to something there, I'd love to see a video of that...Starts off in Appaloosa Plains and ends up in Starlight Shores!

• Options
    RhododendronRhododendron Posts: 6 New Member
    Thanks for the replies, guys. I guess I'll just have to hope it decides to start giving me ads again. It's very frustrating because it seems like they show up on pretty much every page until I log in, and then mysteriously disappear. :'(
  • Options
    PixieydustPixieydust Posts: 705 Member
    I think I might be doing the screen shots wrong. I did the print screen button for it...it was my sims date with dr love...I am unable to locate them now. I looked in the documents and they were not there....any advice is appreciated!

I loved the simulishous ad cascade we had for a while. I got a bit tired of clicking and now I am sorry I stopped....if there is a next time I will just not play the game and work on that!! I wanted to gifty more people!
    #Tahera, thank you for the outfit that went wth one with nature. I got the set for 109!! YAY now broke but hey it was awesome!
  • Options
    LyrielSimLyrielSim Posts: 261 Member
    Cogitotoro wrote: »
    Come and listen to a story about some buttons called ads
    While some got a bunch, other simmers just got mad,
    And then one day they "fixed" the ads - woo hoo!
    And up through the site came the gusher of blue....
    @Cogitotoro That.Was.Great.! B) Major LOLs over here!! I'd had a tough day & that picked me right back up, Thanks!! I thought it was really creative and spontaneous. And yes, I'm old enough to have caught the last years of that show... when it was new. :blush: Lots of us ninja-sneaky seniors mature folk (leaves me out!) lurking on gaming forums (in a non-creepy sorta way). I think we're making up for our miserably deprived childhoods. You know -Uphill, both ways, with no shoes. :unamused:

@Rhododendron Those SimPoint Ad pics you see when you're not signed in are just kinda image placeholders in the pageload script, they're not real. I see the same thing. So don't make yourself crazy trying to log in quick & catch 'em! And yeah, we're all missing that blue stream. Wish they'd let well enough alone for once.
  • Options
    GrouchybeastGrouchybeast Posts: 149 Member
    Sweet2 wrote: »
    New on the house game on Origin, Syndicate (1993) anyone know it?

Oh, my goodness! Syndicate! Wow, that brings back some very old memories. I might pick it up just get to use the 'persuadertron' again. (One of those would be so incredibly useful in real life.)
    "Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live." - Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    Cynth220Cynth220 Posts: 1,162 Member
    Uh.....Apparently I am too young to know what the fresh haystacks Syndicate is in terms of gaming. And Sorry to everyone today, I haven't been able to load TS3.com like, AT ALL! If anyone else has gifted me anything I'll certainly claim it A.S.A.P and as for ads, I had some a couple years back and then they stopped and haven't turned up since. As far as I know I don't got an ad blocker on, but I don't pay too much attention to stuff like that.
  • Options
    RadleeRadlee Posts: 483 Member
    @Tahera thank you for the gift. i know it's been hard for you lately, so i really appreciate that you thought of me and others on this thread. i've been thinking of you. hugs!

@LyrielSim the sneaky squirrel strikes again! thank you for the gifts. sorry about the song in your head ;)

you're right, i am running low on store items left to buy! i've got some big dd days coming up where i'll get quite a bit free, and then i'll really be almost done. i can't believe it!
  • Options
    Me1620Me1620 Posts: 5,009 Member
    edited March 2015
    @ajaxpost - Congratulations on owning the store except for a few of the exclusives items. I hope you don't suffer from DD stalking withdrawal.

@Cogitotoro - Awesome, clever and hilarious parody of the Beverly Hillbillies theme song. I remember watching the original when I was a very young girl.

@frozenorangejuic - I agree with the others who think filling out all the paperwork is a good sign.
    How do you know if you own the store? Do you have to keep track of it yourself? Is there a spreadsheet out there that makes it easy?

I need to figure out what I need so that I can maximize my simpoints. There are several clothing sets I have yet to purchase.

@NicknellFamily - Welcome to the DD thread. Others have already pointed out great ways to track your purchases. I have my own spreadsheet which I created from my purchase history page. However, I wanted to mention another fantastic tool - crinrict's s3s browser. Check out page 1 of this thread, the welcome page and useful links tabs on the DD spreadsheet and our sister board for lots of DD information.
    Does anyone know the reason behind (if there is any reason at all!) why most items are on the DD for 2 hours, but a few are 3? It looks like Rawk N Rebel Teen (up next) is on sale for 3 hours.
    Only the store team knows the reason behind the setup of the DD list. Previous lists had deal times ranging from 1 hour to 12 hours. On this list, a few of the deals are scheduled for 3 hours or 1 hour. I would guess the 1 and 3 hour deals change the time of day deals will appear in subsequent rotations. So, a deal that appears in your region in the wee hours of the morning, may appear later in the day when the list cycles again. That is just my guess.
    simgeek79 wrote: »
    Lol @p-para-Xylene yes I recall that chant well...good times...good times...in fact it was this very deal that I got the Old Mill thanks to a few generous people on this thread gift bombing me trying to get my price down. In fact @KittyKat8103 coined the term "gift blocked" that day as she and @Me1620 were both sending gifts at the same time! I still remember it like it was yesterday. ..I was so touched by their generosity. :heart: Needless to say with their gifts and a 74% discount I got it free. Every time my Sim has tea I think of that day and how happy I am to have stumbled upon this great group of people :blush:
    I remember the frenzy of that day when so many of us were attacking wishlists at the same time. It was lots of fun.

a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • Options
    muminek85muminek85 Posts: 175 Member
    Thank you for the 3(!) pairs of shoes @Tahera. :) Now this list really must repeat again. Best wishes for your mom in law.

I really miss the "very happy smiley." :D This one is even more freaky today than last weekend.

Great lyrics @Cogitotoro. I am sad as well about the cap on our adds, but at least we got a nice poem. ;)
    :no_mouth:
  • Options
    TaheraTahera Posts: 1,001 Member
    @JennaIsGhost, @Jaceigh, @Pixieydust, @Radlee, @muminek85
    You are all welcome :D

My MIL doesn`t make any progress. She still can`t eat, sit or move the right part of her body. If she says something, we can hardly understand it. It`s so sad....... The early rehabilitation will start today and we hope that she will make some progress.

@Pixieydust, screenshots that are made via print screen will not be saved to your harddrive. You`ll have to open a graphic editing program (e. g. Photoshop Elements or whatever you have) and paste the screenshot into a new file. You can do only one screenshot at a time so that you have to switch between your game and your graphic software for each screenshot. I hope that makes sense. I`m not good in explaining things in English.
    I think it`s better for you to press the letter "c" on your keyboard to make your screenshots. These will be automatically saved to your harddrive.
    Have a nice day!
  • Options
    AlphaFFrogAlphaFFrog Posts: 1,250 Member
    :star: Welcome! @Nekto :star:

@Tahera I am sorry to hear that, all the best to you and yours

@frozenorangejuic Good signs YAY :star:

@Cogitotoro Woo! loved the song <3
  • Options
    Sweet2Sweet2 Posts: 1,736 Member
    Ohh, Sunlit gold at 26% off but includes some pushing pedals stuff and the entire Las Vegas bedroom set, making the discount price 3399 from 4644 :\ I know it's a lot cheaper to get standard on the DD but I prefer gold
    My Page Another lot and Household Uploaded :)

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top