Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 six months on...

Comments

• Options
    ScurvyNervyScurvyNervy Posts: 24 Member
    > @joleaco said:
    > ScurvyNervy wrote: »
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Look, it's an easy fix. Just get some household scissors, the sharper the better, put one of your small disks on top. Trace around it with the scissor blade real hard. Those pesky edges should just snap right off. It might take a couple of goes. Don't cut yourself. Now just slide it in and wait for the magic to happen.
    >
    > Don't listen to your friend, Windows 8 is for noobs. You don't want to be a noob do you? Green is cool

I tried to resize the disk to fit my drive but it's stuck and my pc is making this loud noise as if the fan inside is tearing down... pls help
  • Options
    DottyDotty Posts: 80 Member
    Err its a bit difficult to have an impartial discussion when you already state your side of the discussion at the start, however you can't generalise and say everyone is disappointed. When they clearly aren't. I still play Sims 4 every day and really enjoy it. I do what I do in every game, remove relationship decay, turn ageing off and let my Sims loose. After six months I have a well developed town, all my Sims are based on favourite books and tv shows. so now I have a lot of friendships and relationships, some are unexpected, some hilariously in character. It is brilliant. Love it.
  • Options
    joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
    > @joleaco said:
    > ScurvyNervy wrote: »
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Look, it's an easy fix. Just get some household scissors, the sharper the better, put one of your small disks on top. Trace around it with the scissor blade real hard. Those pesky edges should just snap right off. It might take a couple of goes. Don't cut yourself. Now just slide it in and wait for the magic to happen.
    >
    > Don't listen to your friend, Windows 8 is for noobs. You don't want to be a noob do you? Green is cool

I tried to resize the disk to fit my drive but it's stuck and my pc is making this loud noise as if the fan inside is tearing down... pls help

Sorry, the forum user you are going to blame is away from their computer at the moment, please try again later. This is a recording.
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • Options
    GitaGita Posts: 108 Member
    I've played for more then 1000 hours now and i still like the game. I'm writing story's and i play different challenges. the stories and legacy forum has inspired me to change my playstyle. People who are bored could try that and maybe they find something they like ;)
  • Options
    ShaobunShaobun Posts: 1,155 Member
    Nice banter @joleaco & @ScurvyNervy I knew there had to be a reason I keep reading the forums... beyond being a masochist that is.
    Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong. ~ Donald Porter
  • Options
    lovejess2lovejess2 Posts: 3,049 Member
    Shaobun wrote: »
    Nice banter @joleaco & @ScurvyNervy I knew there had to be a reason I keep reading the forums... beyond being a masochist that is.
    A masochist that makes two of us
    1424917262Z1eIy.gif

• Options
    lovejess2 wrote: »
    Shaobun wrote: »
    A masochist that makes two of us
    1424917262Z1eIy.gif

I think we are all masochists. It's brutal in here sometimes.
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • Options
    azxcvbnm321azxcvbnm321 Posts: 532 Member
    I think the point here is that EA could have done better so that more people would have liked it. The sandbox type gameplay of past Sims games allowed many different people to play in different ways. Sims 4 is much more restrictive and took away many tools and a life stage as well. So it's no surprise that fewer people like Sims 4, of course some people will like it because their style of play wasn't taken away.

As time passes without the developers stating what can be done or outright saying that certain features can't be done, it's natural for people to give up and lose hope. Open world? I think that's impossible given the game engine. Terrain tools? I wish the developers would tell us if that could be put it, although a developer did say that basements were possible. At this point, it would take several DLCs just to put back what was lost, and given the pace of DLC releases and fixes, I don't think EA has enough time before they should move on to the Sims 5.
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    XElladoraX wrote: »
    See what I don't understand is why people who obviously dislike the game choose to create posts in the forum full of negativity. If you're so hurt and upset by it, send a letter to EA, speak to customer services etc, why rain on everyone's parade, so to say. While it is unfortunate that you haven't been able to get full enjoyment out of the game, there are equally, if not more people who have, and all they want to do is come on the forums and talk about the game they love. All anyone who is purposely posting hate threads is doing is ruining the fun for people who enjoy it. - Main reason I rarely go on the forums any more -

Personally I don't understand why people can't understand the concept that if someone really loves the sims and what they love was kicked out of the game through no fault of their own that they would fight to see it return. The sims is important to every single one of us. Just because we happen to be disappointed it doesn't make us bad people.

Do you realise I've sent many emails, I've called EA, ive done everything I can think of to get heard? They don't ever reply. So we turn to one another for support.

However my thread I've deliberately made it inclusive and we have users like @Gruffman who join in with the family thread and share photos and stories for us to enjoy-i fight hard to try to stop ridiculous sides rhetoric and personal comments. If only people could stop making a like/dislike of the game personal and grounds for attack. It's subjective and nothing to argue over, and no one should be condemned for their opinion.
    joleaco wrote: »
    Pary wrote: »
    See what I don't understand is why people who obviously dislike the game choose to create posts in the forum full of negativity. If you're so hurt and upset by it, send a letter to EA, speak to customer services etc, why rain on everyone's parade, so to say. While it is unfortunate that you haven't been able to get full enjoyment out of the game, there are equally, if not more people who have, and all they want to do is come on the forums and talk about the game they love. All anyone who is purposely posting hate threads is doing is ruining the fun for people who enjoy it. - Main reason I rarely go on the forums any more -

See what I don't understand is why people who obviously dislike negative posts or opinions continue to sit there and read them when there's a perfectly good X or Back button on their browser, and then moan about how said negatives are ruining their fun and enjoyment of the game.
    If you're so hurt and upset by negativity, send a letter to EA, etc. Or perhaps... you know... not read negative posts that are going to upset super sensitive feelings.

The forum is for everyone to come and discuss their opinions of the game. Not just for people who like it.
    There's a lot missing from this game. Things that should have been there from the get-go, and things that people shouldn't have to pay extra for, nor should they have to "be patient" for EA to finally get off their behinds and patch in, or fix.
    If they don't come to make their feelings known, then how will they ever incite change?

Getting an opinion out there of how you would like the game to be should never be at the expense of people who like the game. You cannot miss that some on this forum treat it as some kind of sport to see how many people they can rile up.

Oh you like TS4 do you? Well then everything you say from now on will be replied to with derision, sarcasm and condescension.

Making the mistake of saying you would pay for content that others think should be free, is enough to get pounced on and labelled a sheep or that we would buy anything with a plumbob.

This is how it feels to be a Sims 4 fan lately.

Do you realise I've had almost the same experience as you just from the other 'side'. I've been very personally attacked by groups of people who like the game. Ive been in floods of tears many times.

Basically bad behaviour is bad behaviour, how you feel about TS4 is irrelevant. I always report when I see bad behaviour no matter which 'side' and I often step in to try to stop fights or misunderstandings like I tried to earlier in the thread. Like I said its not worth your time to get into a to and fro-it only hurts you and everyone else and is one of the truly negative things that happens on these forums.

During the game time trial I went out of my way to help people who had issues. I never told those I helped my feelings on ts4-I told them to make their own decisions then I'd discuss is. @JoshLuck95 was one such player who I helped and took this policy with. I pointed people to @SimGuruBChick and she was able to help more than just customer services :)

Then the gurus asked for my questionnaires I wrote-i worked hard to write them neutrally so as not to influence the content. I private messaged or linked people to the fact EA wanted them and got as many different opinions as I could. I spent hours collating them for the gurus and in the end had over 70 responses for them to pour over. I literally could do no more to be helpful to EA here. I don't hate them and I have a good relationship with the gurus because I work hard to be kind and helpful. What I say may be inconvenient but it's not personal.

So I'd appreciate if people stopped the sides rhetoric. If you love the game that's fab, and if you hate it that's sad-neither makes you a bad person and in a series that spans fifteen years opinion on this particular title is small in the great scheme of things.

Support one another, stop the cycle of hurt.
  • Options
    I feel I should create a topic "Negative Nancies VS The Mindless Zombies" There a battle will commence one in the history of all Sims forums that has never been seen on this scale. (We are currently experiencing a zombie shortage so it might take time to build them up)

Note: Looking for mindless zombies if interested say how much you love the Sims 4 the nancy trail should lead me to you.
  • Options
    CrackseedCrackseed Posts: 5,209 Member
    edited March 2015
    While I've enjoyed Sims 4 immensely since launch, there are still some major issues to be addressed in my eyes for it to transition towards "classic" potential:
    • Loading screens need to be addressed - I am ok with the open world staying gone, but we're too constricted right now. Community lots should be one continuous section. Neighborhood blocks should also be one single section w/o a load screen PER house. In addition, exit points are cumbersome and our Sims should be able to exit at ANY curb/sensible location.
    • While I could care less about Toddlers on a personal level, this is a feature staple that is huge for your family players and needs to come back. Free if at all possible.
    • Multi-Sim control - I have no idea how to tackle this one and I suspect even with the load screens being adjusted down the road, I think this will stick in my craw as one of the most annoying drawbacks to the loss of an open-world system. It's really kind of unfortunate and even with only 2-3 people in a house it starts to get a bit sigh-inducing. I can't imagine trying to juggle 5+ Sims all in different areas.
    • CASt - you can't add a really great feature like this and then pull it w/o a genuinely sensible explanation (If there is one, I'm not aware of it) - customization, especially in your item appearance, is such a big deal for a game of this type.
    • Miscellaneous features that add flavor to the world - car pools when going to work, some animations that are absent/truncated, etc.
    • Aggressive patching - Sims 4 to me is already pushing past TS3 in terms of how quickly they patch, but that needs to be maintained till all of the ugly problems get stamped down. While I ALWAYS appreciate gung-ho modders who fix critical things before the devs do, you can't simply expect or get complacent that your fanbase will handle all the problems. We saw this with Sims 3 and this needs to NOT be the norm going forward.

With those things out of the way as "gotta be addressed" - I'm super pleased with the free patching in of staples that were initially missing at launch. There was no rule that said ghosts, pools and additional careers needed to be returned for free, especially given some of the past stances and business practices we've seen.

The above issues haven't killed my enjoyment and I struggled to maintain interest in TS3 till WA landed, coupled with far more aggravating performance/game engine issues.

The emotional system is a big draw but it does need continued tweaking - specifically some of the emotions are simply too buggy and item auras are far too powerful in influence/changing how your Sim feels, especially vs negative emotions.

Their move from the horrid TS3 store/packs to a more calculated system thus far is also appreciated - Get To Work looks poised to start cementing in solid additions to the existing world but they can't ever get complacent as the clock is ticking.

I do really wish people would just TALK with respect to each other as well without such hostile by-play. We're all fans at the end of the day - better to have good debate then get stuck in an endless 🐸🐸🐸🐸 of hate/viciousness.
    Post edited by Crackseed on
    y9UdOhq.png
    "My spirit animal can beat up your spirit animal"
    ~ Origin ID: DaCrackseed ~
  • Options
    gamekittengamekitten Posts: 2,606 Member
    I just want to say..... The Grim Reaper rocks in Sims 4! I have decided to cause chaos on all Sims from now on just so I can see him do his shenanigans! It is the ONE thing they rocked in the whole game.

Oh no hotdog lady died...But look the star of Sims 4 enters right on queue!

nbzygo.png

Now the job is done ... Horseshoe time!

25hmhpd.png

Time to catch a picture with a friend!

e8sraa.png

And dance a bit with friend!

r2qply.png

Grim for the win.

So, I am getting married this year, and my future husband announced he will be buying us a house the first of next year! So, I am going to get Get to Work for him. It will be the last game I buy for the rest of the year.

Maybe when I come back things will be better for Sims 4. Right now it is a hot mess. Grimmy dear brings more life to the game..isn't that odd since he is death? XD!!!

There needs to be some changes in game as far as I am concerned for it to be a true Sims game that lives up to the previous series. It lacks a lot when I have to go to the steps of creating Chaos among the sims just so I can get a few moments of giggles from Grimmy's shenanigans! After Get to Work, I will scout around for mods and tons of CCs to see if I can fix the game to make it more enjoyable for me, because right now I feel annoyed with the game as it stands. I am a Sims fan, been one since the very first of series was out. Spent literally 1000s for this series (meaning all Sims games).. I feel my opinion should be heard and not told to uninstall a game I paid 80 bucks for from a gaming company. I can always hope it gets better and hope my words among the others that feel left out, thrown to the curb, and cheated.. on what we would like to see to make our beloved game once more a true blue Sims game that caters to more than just one group like the previous series.

Till then? I have Grimmy!

• Options
    I agree with @Crackseed about toddlers. I personally am not a fan of them to be honest I hated them it turned me off families but they are an essential part of game play for alot of people and it is important that they add it in. I would be interested though on how they would turn out.
  • Options
    JaciJadeJaciJade Posts: 1,078 Member
    Kind of makes you want to scratch your head and say what happened. I just wish toddlers were the only thing missing. Hopefully they learn from their mistakes and they give us a better game next time. I've kind of loss all hope for S4 becoming something I'll ever want to play. It will be interesting to see what people think of the GTW expansion.
    Thank you EA and thank you Maxis..we got our babies back, Yay!
  • Options

Personally I don't understand why people can't understand the concept that if someone really loves the sims and what they love was kicked out of the game through no fault of their own that they would fight to see it return. The sims is important to every single one of us. Just because we happen to be disappointed it doesn't make us bad people.

Do you realise I've sent many emails, I've called EA, ive done everything I can think of to get heard? They don't ever reply. So we turn to one another for support.

However my thread I've deliberately made it inclusive and we have users like @Gruffman who join in with the family thread and share photos and stories for us to enjoy-i fight hard to try to stop ridiculous sides rhetoric and personal comments. If only people could stop making a like/dislike of the game personal and grounds for attack. It's subjective and nothing to argue over, and no one should be condemned for their opinion.

See what I don't understand is why people who obviously dislike negative posts or opinions continue to sit there and read them when there's a perfectly good X or Back button on their browser, and then moan about how said negatives are ruining their fun and enjoyment of the game.
    If you're so hurt and upset by negativity, send a letter to EA, etc. Or perhaps... you know... not read negative posts that are going to upset super sensitive feelings.

The forum is for everyone to come and discuss their opinions of the game. Not just for people who like it.
    There's a lot missing from this game. Things that should have been there from the get-go, and things that people shouldn't have to pay extra for, nor should they have to "be patient" for EA to finally get off their behinds and patch in, or fix.
    If they don't come to make their feelings known, then how will they ever incite change?

Getting an opinion out there of how you would like the game to be should never be at the expense of people who like the game. You cannot miss that some on this forum treat it as some kind of sport to see how many people they can rile up.

Oh you like TS4 do you? Well then everything you say from now on will be replied to with derision, sarcasm and condescension.

Making the mistake of saying you would pay for content that others think should be free, is enough to get pounced on and labelled a sheep or that we would buy anything with a plumbob.

Do you realise I've had almost the same experience as you just from the other 'side'. I've been very personally attacked by groups of people who like the game. Ive been in floods of tears many times.

Basically bad behaviour is bad behaviour, how you feel about TS4 is irrelevant. I always report when I see bad behaviour no matter which 'side' and I often step in to try to stop fights or misunderstandings like I tried to earlier in the thread. Like I said its not worth your time to get into a to and fro-it only hurts you and everyone else and is one of the truly negative things that happens on these forums.

During the game time trial I went out of my way to help people who had issues. I never told those I helped my feelings on ts4-I told them to make their own decisions then I'd discuss is. @JoshLuck95 was one such player who I helped and took this policy with. I pointed people to @SimGuruBChick and she was able to help more than just customer services :)

Then the gurus asked for my questionnaires I wrote-i worked hard to write them neutrally so as not to influence the content. I private messaged or linked people to the fact EA wanted them and got as many different opinions as I could. I spent hours collating them for the gurus and in the end had over 70 responses for them to pour over. I literally could do no more to be helpful to EA here. I don't hate them and I have a good relationship with the gurus because I work hard to be kind and helpful. What I say may be inconvenient but it's not personal.

So I'd appreciate if people stopped the sides rhetoric. If you love the game that's fab, and if you hate it that's sad-neither makes you a bad person and in a series that spans fifteen years opinion on this particular title is small in the great scheme of things.

Oh @sparkfairy1, I don't know why I let myself get drawn into things like this. I have only myself to blame though, and I am glad I don't let myself do it too often. I have lost count of the amount of times I have typed out a reply, took a couple of deep breaths and decided that it wouldn't be a good idea and backspace it all out. There are the rare times they just slip through tho, sometimes I feel I just have to hit post. :/

I don't know how anyone can be nasty to you though, boggles my mind. You have written so many posts, and I have to say I can't remember seeing you be mean or rude to anyone. I don't know how you do it, honestly, my blood pressure would be through the roof.
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I don't know what they can actually do to improve this game for me. I would like to play it more, love it more, buy more stuff if I like that new stuff, but the game is disappointing. I have such a long list of what I would like 'changed' to suit my play styles that I seriously doubt they can actually do that, or have the funds and time to do that, and it would change their vision of their game. So, I'm at a loss. I have come to the point I can see I don't really need to give anymore feedback of what I need changed (which includes actually changing and adding things) because how I would want this game would actually change it's 'core'.

I was excited for the TS3, ran out and bought it on release day at Best Buy. No one was inline in my area because I think most young people here or 'gamers' actually play console games on the PS2's etc. or Xbox machines. It is rare I run into anyone who actually plays The Sims though I am sure they do since the stores around here sold the games, but I can tell you I had a harder time finding TS2 EPs etc. at our local stores than I have for TS3 and TS4 games. The shelves seem to never be empty of those.

It's all to do with demographics though, because most I know who do play games prefer the PS2, PS3 etc. type games of that genre. Swap shops and or game stores actually sell a huge amount of the console games and are always crowed and overrun with customers. It's hard pressed here to find a 'swap shop' for PC games only. Even when people hold a sale like a bazar etc. you can find all kinds of console games but it's rare to find some PC games old or new.

So, I can't really judge if TS4 is doing well here, because the brick stores, never did stock that many PC games to begin with around here. Their bigger kiosks are for console games and a handful of PC games.

With all that said I went back to the TS2 after about four months of playing the TS3. I liked the open world concept, I liked a lot of things about the TS3 but I didn't like it's one annoying things to me and that was the moodlet system. I felt this made my Sims less Simmy if that is a word and I missed with a passion the Aspiration meters in the TS2 and those emotional Sims. And that was when TS3 didn't offer any interesting 'open venues' for me...still never got that open restaurant in six years, EA.

So, I don't think I'm going to stick around for six years or so to see if the TS4 actually improves my style of gameplay. Because I feel these Sims aren't as smart, because they aren't as aware of other Sims and or their surroundings and what has been happening to other Sims like the TS2 does.

EA decided to keep the moodlet system which I hate, but for the most part tolerate in the TS3 and TS4..thouhg I hate it. So, I don't really see anymore what they could do to 'change' it and make it more like the TS1 and TS2 as long as it has a moodlet system and not the familiar aspiration failure of the TS2.

It's not it's fault really, but I suppose mine, because I refuse to separate myself from the concept of The Sims, which is a parody on life, and Sims trying to have a life inspite of themselves. When things get so goal orientated, with mooldets and text about emotions etc. as the TS3 and TS4 have, then I know the company has changed it's focus of what type of games The Sims is to them and actually time for me to just let go and remember there used to be a couple of life Simulators that focused on the Sim and not the player and trying to make things easy and short cuts for the player, with removing simulating life walking to the fridge etc.

The Sims was a good concept, too bad, they have been trying to change it's concept for several years now.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options

I feel you have it point blank. I personally love the sims 4 and I do understand it has problems and that others are not happy there are negatives and positives I just don't like it when it gets out of hand it's getting ridiculous because this is a gaming forum at the end of the day. I feel people should be more understanding on either front. Hate the game well don't make endless topics about how bad it is and be mean or rude to those who like it I remember pre release someone calling anyone who was happy with the game another mindless EA sheep I mean come on not here. Love the game well that's great but others are upset that everything they loved is no longer there and they often cannot make proper complaints towards it without some saying well get over it. We need to be understanding to everyone and plan it out better and not go on every topic to complain. Either way we can all work together in making it more enjoyable for everyone.

• Options
    EvanEvan Posts: 16 New Member
    edited March 2015
    I didn't want to comment in these kind of threads because it saddens me all the criticism of the game and I don't really want to contribute to it but at this point I'm so angry with this game (even though I do like it) that I think I should, besides I think many people are missing the point here:

The main problem with the Sims 4 is not what's missing, it's the d-mn graphics! You can't make a 2014 game with 2009 or even older graphics! I mean that's a joke. What 2014 game has graphics of 5-10 years ago? It's insane, man. I'd NEVER seen that before in my life, sequel games ALWAYS have better graphics than their predecessors, especially if they are 5+ years apart! So how can anyone possibly say this game is "good"? It may be in every other aspect with future expansions, but with these graphics? The Sims 4 will never be "good" no matter what. If it were a 2005-2010 game, then yes, but it's not, we're in 2015 for Christ's sake. F-cking unbelievable.
  • Options
    lovejess2 wrote: »
    I feel I should create a topic "Negative Nancies VS The Mindless Zombies" There a battle will commence one in the history of all Sims forums that has never been seen on this scale. (We are currently experiencing a zombie shortage so it might take time to build them up)

Note: Looking for mindless zombies if interested say how much you love the Sims 4 the nancy trail should lead me to you.

I don't like zombies so I definitely don't want to be one. I would rather be a delusional sheep, sheep are cuddly.
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • Options

Oh @sparkfairy1, I don't know why I let myself get drawn into things like this. I have only myself to blame though, and I am glad I don't let myself do it too often. I have lost count of the amount of times I have typed out a reply, took a couple of deep breaths and decided that it wouldn't be a good idea and backspace it all out. There are the rare times they just slip through tho, sometimes I feel I just have to hit post. :/

I don't know how anyone can be nasty to you though, boggles my mind. You have written so many posts, and I have to say I can't remember seeing you be mean or rude to anyone. I don't know how you do it, honestly, my blood pressure would be through the roof.

Thank you lovely :) I just don't want to see you or anyone else hurt, it's sad for me to watch. Trust me, I've been incandescent with rage sometimes, I just go away for a while and come back when I've collected myself. I've also been almost broken by trolling and it took a few days to get over a particularly nasty experience. I'm forever grateful to the gurus and sim staff for stepping in when that happens. My integrity is important to me and losing my temper won't help me and may entertain ridiculous trolls. No thanks ;) we've all been victims here of some very nasty trolls and we should be proud that we survived and are still here-that makes us stronger than maybe we give ourselves credit for :)

Some people assume I have a hidden agenda so I've been accused of some nasty things which categorically aren't true. Mainly that I puppet others or that I discriminate against those who disagree with me. It's tough for me not to react to that because it's not true and I work very hard to be inclusive. But if people are mean it says more about them than it does about me and those who matter know better.

It means a lot to me that people like @SelenaGrey took the time to get to know me for me and realise I'm not acting after assuming otherwise initially. This community is very scarred from the awful trolling and everyone was victimised which caused some long term issues which is a huge shame.

I do care about everyone and im passionate about this community so I stand up for it and it's members whether we agree or disagree. It would be boring here if we all had the same opinion or way to play! I love the vibrant, passionate and creative community and as I've only really just found you all to participate with I want it to stay that way!

I see much, much better for us all in the future. Things are tough now but hopefully it's at its worst and can only get better :)
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Thanks for the replys, I dont think I have ever started such a busy thread, 17 pages in just over 12 hours!

Also thanks to the mods keeping this thread in general rather than just move it to 'feedback' this isn't just feedback, but it is a general discussion about how people feel and these feelings will not change and I doubt they will change too much with a new EP. We have voices which deserve to be heard :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Thanks for the replys, I dont think I have ever started such a busy thread, 17 pages in just over 12 hours!

Also thanks to the mods keeping this thread in general rather than just move it to 'feedback' this isn't just feedback, but it is a general discussion about how people feel and these feelings will not change and I doubt they will change too much with a new EP. We have voices which deserve to be heard :smile:

Congratulations :) hopefully we can keep it free of unnecessary drama and discuss between each other sensibly :)

The mods are awesome, they do their best. If things get moved often if you contact and discuss why you feel it has been moved in error they very kindly review their decisions. Won't always get you anywhere but just having that cooperation makes a huge difference :)
  • Options
    SadieD123SadieD123 Posts: 1,317 Member
    Actually, I think that we could all learn something from #TheDress. It does really kind of relate to what's going on in the Sims forums. For example,

Let's say you have your White/Gold's, or the people who have a pretty negative opinion about the Sims 4. And then you have your Blue/Black's, who like the game. Just because one person is seeing a different color combination than the other of the same exact dress, doesn't make what they see any less valid. We all see different things in it and although it's different, it doesn't mean that the people who don't see the same thing as you are wrong because both sides have merit.

And then you have people who see both colors or they see like while and brown or something and those are the people who might be on the fence about the whole matter. But if you look at it this way, everybody has valid points to make about Sims 4 no matter what side they are on and they whole-heartedly believe in their side and they are going to fight for their side no matter what because that is what they see.
    275f503fc4c6c8ef197baeea76ebe0f91373200482_full_zpscc1a19512.gif
  • Options
    SadieD123 wrote: »
    Actually, I think that we could all learn something from #TheDress. It does really kind of relate to what's going on in the Sims forums. For example,

Let's say you have your White/Gold's, or the people who have a pretty negative opinion about the Sims 4. And then you have your Blue/Black's, who like the game. Just because one person is seeing a different color combination than the other of the same exact dress, doesn't make what they see any less valid. We all see different things in it and although it's different, it doesn't mean that the people who don't see the same thing as you are wrong because both sides have merit.

And then you have people who see both colors or they see like while and brown or something and those are the people who might be on the fence about the whole matter. But if you look at it this way, everybody has valid points to make about Sims 4 no matter what side they are on and they whole-heartedly believe in their side and they are going to fight for their side no matter what because that is what they see.

Yes :) a different opinion isn't a bad thing. It's the personal insults that cause the problems. Stay out of being rude to someone and we can have a lively debate and a laugh about it :)
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    I did find the Sims 3 sims very robotic - but that was long before Sims 4 was even a thought - because i was comparing them to how realistically behavior wise the sims 2 sims were. They had none of the personality or even ability to look back on memories and react to them like the Sims 2 could. Because they did not have a memory system even in the Sims 3 when it came out - and then when they finally gave us one it was like an annoying scrap book - almost the same as the scrapbook for the Show time went. It was very annoying - so I basically sort of opted out of using it - besides the memory system was very bloating in Sims 3 - even worse than the Cast bloat at times - so I also pretty much opted out of using either thing to keep my game bloat negligible which of course kept lag down.

But unlike Sims 4 - I could opt out of things like that and still find I could have a good time with the Sims 3 - even with less realistic acting sims - it still have more than enough of things i needed to make my game very enjoyable. It had none object babies that AGED to toddlers like it should have. Sims 4 does not. I can stand almost anything - just not those two things. So Maxis can make tons of eps, sps, and gps and I have seen already that just adding stuff is not going to make the two things I need to be able to enjoy the game to disappear. It just is not going to happen. Say what you will about Sims 3 - it has more going for it - than not. it is beautiful. It has the whole family in tact even if the baby is a buritto it is not a poof baby tied to it's crib. And it has toddlers.... I can live with less personality than Sims 2 sims because the trade off of what Sims 3 DOES offer is worth it seeing it still allowed me to have what I did need to enjoy the game. I might add the Supernatural ep, the ITF ep, the stuff IP added, and the horses in pets put Sims 3 over the top for me. I could care less about Cast but the rest - yeah, it had glorious additions as well as the basics I needed. So robotic is okay when you get all the rest.

In Sims 4 - I don't mind partially open worlds, or even the load screens, and even can live with all that we do get in the game so far - but if i can't even get a desire to go play the game and have to force myself or have a challenge issued to make me play it - and then I am still left dissatisfied when I am done playing at the end the night - that is just not fun. I by no means hate it - I just can't have any fun playing it. What good is a game - something you do to have fun and relax with - worth if you are left feeling annoyed and like you just spent the evening working all night instead of enjoying yourself. If it is not fun - what is the point?

Omg yes your last paragraph especially but I agree with it all.

Sims 3 was never perfect. I missed the depth of the sims from TS2. In some ways I think it was the start of cutting quality that has led to the savage cuts in TS4. But the game had enough to it that I overlooked it's poor areas. In some ways it's why I invested in TS4. I had faith that they would reward us for investing anyway by finishing the base and that in the meantime I could enjoy the awesome new features it was bound to have. I was beyond excited to play. Then I did. I found myself yelling at the screen, and with every bug (after we were told this would be a truly stable base because they sacrificed open worlds and cast) every missing feature I'd had no idea about (dishwashers!) and every linear path I got absolutely puzzled and frustrated.

But still I had faith in EA. I thought surely once they hear the issues they will resolve to work on them. No. What I saw was excuses and myths about why players like me couldn't love the game. I saw some patches but then silence. I saw them ignoring those issues which make or break this game for me and going so far as to tell us not to ask like we are children!

Quite frankly this is my worst customer experience ever. I may be a fan but above all I'm a customer. Someone who has supported the sims for its entire lifespan until now and spent a personal fortune doing so. I'm of the opinion that should be valued. Customers should always be valued because they provide the life blood to your success. Whether they are happy or not if they take the time to communicate sensibly that should be embraced so you can understand your customer base and make products which all of your customers feel proud to promote for you for free (I have often encouraged people to invest in the sims until 4)

I used to defend EA when they were winning those awards. I would tell people I'd only had decent experiences. But now I understand. I finally see why and it hurts.

By the way I respect the developers and I'm very grateful to those sim gurus who are kind and professional in dealing with a difficult situation for us all. I've provided the gurus with questionnaires I wrote that people filled in to help them, and in mine I made a point to highlight the good experiences and compliment a couple of gurus who have gone above and beyond. I'm just disappointed in EA. They can do a whole lot better than this!
    Sorry, but still not seeing it (the sims in 2 having so much more depth and being less 'robotic'). I can't tell you how very much they remind me of my sims in 3. But I must add I'm not really interested in a memory system (because I have my own one, in my head) or thought bubbles. I do appreciate it's like that for others, but for me the open world and the ability to customize everything adds just as much to the personalities of the sims. Sims 3 sure isn't perfect, but nor is 2. I'm having a bit of a hard time for example to spend the same day with my sims twice when I took them to another lot.

I don't mind sims being little robots, because they are. I'm the player, I'm the one that must imagine them into real persons. That's no problem for me in 2 nor 3, it is however somehow in 4.
    5JZ57S6.png