Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

They should have given female Sims a different sitting animation.

Because it always bothered me how female Sims would just sit there with their legs wide open. It doesn't look too bad when they'r wearing pants or shorts but it's really jarring if they're wearing a skirt. It's why I hardly put skirts on Sims I make. I guess it was probably too hard and too expensive to do.

Comments

• Options
    PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    Heh. I noticed that too. I even took pictures of the right and wrong way for a "lady" to sit from Sims 3: :D

Wrong:
    Screenshot-768.jpg

Right:
    Screenshot-769.jpg
  • Options
    Deandra TheNewGirlDeandra TheNewGirl Posts: 384 Member
    Sims be like:
    13610-Mila-Kunis-Im-not-a-lady-I-don-UFeb.gif
  • Options
    blueasbutterflyblueasbutterfly Posts: 3,425 Member
    I uh... I sit like that... >.> *crawls back under rock*
    toddlersig3_zps62792e0c.jpg
  • Options
    suzanna13suzanna13 Posts: 1,426 Member

Not while wearing a skirt I hope. ;) I agree @Wasting _Night. Skirts have always had weird animation when sims sit. Toddlers in dresses all but disappeared behind them.
  • Options
    suzanna13 wrote: »

Not while wearing a skirt I hope. ;) I agree @Wasting _Night. Skirts have always had weird animation when sims sit. Toddlers in dresses all but disappeared behind them.

Well I don't wear skirts, so there's that. I guess I'm just not very ladylike xD
  • Options
    InvaderchickycatInvaderchickycat Posts: 809 Member
    suzanna13 wrote: »

Well I don't wear skirts, so there's that. I guess I'm just not very ladylike xD

You're not alone I sit the same way :)
    The Sim skirt does look weird though.
  • Options
    AndygalAndygal Posts: 1,280 Member
    I never wear skirts in real life either. But some of my Sims do, and it does look pretty weird and wonky when they sit like that.
  • Options
    ScurvyNervyScurvyNervy Posts: 24 Member
    Unfortunately I have seen many women do this style of sitting in rl, and it's not cool especially when they are not properly dressed.
    So for this to occur in the game is well rather jarring to my mind, I hate to see dirty underwear when briefs are only $5 at walmo.
  • Options
    ScurvyNervyScurvyNervy Posts: 24 Member
    > @Pary said:
    > ScurvyNervy wrote: »
    >
    > Unfortunately I have seen many women do this style of sitting in rl, and it's not cool especially when they are not properly dressed.
    > So for this to occur in the game is well rather jarring to my mind, I hate to see dirty underwear when briefs are only $5 at walmo.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > You sit there and stare long enough to notice whether underwear is dirty or not?
    > creepy.

Well yes because I have this thing with perfect vision, and a photographic memory.
    One look at their lower area by accident of course, like within seconds I can tell the color and the cleanliness.
    Like this one time I was eating at applebees and well this couple was sitting ahead...
    Anyway the ladygal spread her legs, and I swear I just glanced by accident and she had this yellow smear upon her pink silky.
    I swiftly looked away, I felt the sweat just trinkle from my brown...
    I felt utterly nervous as my mind racked about how that handsome guy was going to meet that at night...
  • Options
    Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    I am sitting here giggling. As most know I am an old lady and I can tell you now my Deportment teacher would have a field day with those photos. The first pose would have got you sent to the headmistress and the second well let's just say you would have been compared to a working girl.

This is the 21st century and we should do whatever makes us comfortable. Maxis for all their faults have picked up on this fact. These days I live in trousers being too old for short skirts. To be honest I much prefer a midi with a dipped hem :)

I believe Maxis is right and for once I hope it is not changed.
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    Is there any room left under the rock? I'll bring snacks ^^
  • Options
    I am sitting here giggling. As most know I am an old lady and I can tell you now my Deportment teacher would have a field day with those photos. The first pose would have got you sent to the headmistress and the second well let's just say you would have been compared to a working girl.

This is the 21st century and we should do whatever makes us comfortable. Maxis for all their faults have picked up on this fact. These days I live in trousers being too old for short skirts. To be honest I much prefer a midi with a dipped hem :)

Ditto females and males can sit as the please, naturally the skirt would probably fall between the legs but as the game doesn't have a physics engine to let the fabrics flow naturally we end up with the block :/
  • Options
    06Bon06 wrote: »

Ditto females and males can sit as the please, naturally the skirt would probably fall between the legs but as the game doesn't have a physics engine to let the fabrics flow naturally we end up with the block :/

"The block"

I think this calls for some Jaws music
  • Options
    XopaxPaxXopaxPax Posts: 1,769 Member
    Pamhamlet wrote: »
    Heh. I noticed that too. I even took pictures of the right and wrong way for a "lady" to sit from Sims 3: :D

Wrong:
    Screenshot-768.jpg

Right:
    Screenshot-769.jpg

What if i want my male sim to sit in the "right" way. ;)

tenor.gif
  • Options
    XopaxPax wrote: »

Wrong:
    Screenshot-768.jpg

Right:
    Screenshot-769.jpg

What if i want my male sim to sit in the "right" way. ;)

:O Is that even possible?! No! That would be....

nokia-3310-1057206.jpeg

• Options
    CrackseedCrackseed Posts: 5,209 Member
    edited March 2015
    I have nothing much to add in this thread beyond some giggling. Ahh, the sitting habits of women. A study all on its own. (I do wish the Sims would adjust their sitting based on clothing - would be pretty awesome)

ugzGuyf.gif

Post edited by Crackseed on
    y9UdOhq.png
    "My spirit animal can beat up your spirit animal"
    ~ Origin ID: DaCrackseed ~
  • Options
    ZhakiraPZhakiraP Posts: 1,439 Member

Wrong:
    Screenshot-768.jpg

Right:
    Screenshot-769.jpg

I would find it incredibly aggravating if the women sat like the second picture. Not all of my female sims are snobbs. Some of them are regular women, not bothered by etiquette thought out by people with entirely too much time on their hands. :)
    53218870167_a5d450f1db_h.jpg
  • Options
    stylsimstylsim Posts: 222 Member
    ZhakiraP wrote: »

Wrong:
    Screenshot-768.jpg

Right:
    Screenshot-769.jpg

I would find it incredibly aggravating if the women sat like the second picture. Not all of my female sims are snobbs. Some of them are regular women, not bothered by etiquette thought out by people with entirely too much time on their hands. :)

Sitting the second way doesn't make you snob. I sit like that all the time because it's comfortable for me. Women should be allowed to sit however they want without being judged as long as it's comfortable.
  • Options
    CrackseedCrackseed Posts: 5,209 Member
    edited March 2015
    stylsim wrote: »

Wrong:
    Screenshot-768.jpg

Right:
    Screenshot-769.jpg

Sitting the second way doesn't make you snob. I sit like that all the time because it's comfortable for me. Women should be allowed to sit however they want without being judged as long as it's comfortable.

Besides, as a male - while I certainly want my partner feeling comfortable enough to sit however the heck she wants, the cross leg thing is so...ridiculously feminine and alluring IMO.

*fans self*
    y9UdOhq.png
    "My spirit animal can beat up your spirit animal"
    ~ Origin ID: DaCrackseed ~
  • Options
    colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    Right:
    Screenshot-769.jpg

I sit like that all the time in real life - and I am a man. ;)
  • Options
    Anonymous_Loba24Anonymous_Loba24 Posts: 528 Member
    When I wore skirts and dresses, forced upon me in my childhood years *shudder*, I didn't always sit crossed legged in them. I just sat with my legs together and sometimes cross legged. I wouldn't mind if they at least had their legs together like they do when a sims about to stand up. But unless he or she is wearing pants, shorts, or kapris close those legs. It's just not appropriate.
    4079d81271f2af485384f79de0670e0a.gif
  • Options
    When I wore skirts and dresses, forced upon me in my childhood years *shudder*, I didn't always sit crossed legged in them. I just sat with my legs together and sometimes cross legged. I wouldn't mind if they at least had their legs together like they do when a sims about to stand up. But unless he or she is wearing pants, shorts, or kapris close those legs. It's just not appropriate.

The poor simmie is in her house! people! Don't abuse her :P

Like I said before usually the skirt will hang down between your legs so it would be like wearing pants and if not, it's probably to tight to spread your legs like that.
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    stylsim wrote: »

Wrong:
    Screenshot-768.jpg

Right:
    Screenshot-769.jpg

this is exactly what this thread and you are doing. Judging women on how they sit, with their legs open.

Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    YourraxusYourraxus Posts: 282 Member
    People are allowed to sit how they like.