Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We care! Supporting Simmers going through hard times.

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    AMariseS wrote: »
    It's terribly refreshing to find that there's a place in the forums that aren't virtually a war zone. My heart goes out to everyone who's experiencing difficulties & it's brightened by all of the positive support I've seen in this thread. I popped over here shortly after having all sorts of negative thoughts & realized that I have to remember I have much to be thankful for after all.
    b1Rcb.gif

Hello @AMariseS :) I am sorry to hear that you haven't been feeling too good and experiencing negative thoughts. Sending big hugs to you <3 You are very welcome to post here anytime that you would like to talk. We are always here to listen. We care very much how you are feeling.
    Sending special thoughts to you :)
  • Options
    Hi everyone, just popping in to give out some virtual hugs and see how you are all going. <3 Hope things are going better to all who are experiencing hard RL issues right now. I feel for you all, I hope it does get better. xx

Well, with me I have been to the doctors again. So sick now, everything caught up with me and my condition has flared big time and been in agony with the symptoms that go with it. I am on heavy pain relief and driving is a no go for me as well right now, and haven't even been able to play a game been that sick. I am going to try play today but at the moment am waiting for the new pain relief to kick in as my whole body is on fire with pain even my skin. Just to touch it feels like its been hit with a hammer. :(

I will be ok soon, just got to rest. Michael has backed off with his stuff and realising finally how much he has drained me and other RL issues on top hasn't been good for my health at all. :/

Big hugs to you all, I do truly feel for you all with issues right now, if I could I would reach through and give you all a gentle group hug. <3

Stay strong and take care.

Will be back hopefully in a day or two. :)

Hello @christinebremner I send hugely big hugs to you! <3 Very gentle hugs though. I am so sorry that you are in so much pain. I hope that the heavy pain relief can bring some relief to you and help to ease your pain. I hope some rest can help you. Pain is very draining and exhausting, and if you can get some sleep it will help. Lots more gentle hugs sent to you <3
    Perhaps if you are able to do a little bit of simming it may help you to cope with the pain. It is sometimes good to do simming to try to help you think about something else. It doesn't take away the pain, but it helps you to endure through it.
    Sending lots of special thoughts to you :) Please let us know how you are going. I am keeping you and your family in my thoughts.
    Thankyou very much for your very caring concern for others in the midst of your own pain and health issues.
  • Options
    Clarkie100Clarkie100 Posts: 1,708 Member
    AMariseS wrote: »
    It's terribly refreshing to find that there's a place in the forums that aren't virtually a war zone. My heart goes out to everyone who's experiencing difficulties & it's brightened by all of the positive support I've seen in this thread. I popped over here shortly after having all sorts of negative thoughts & realized that I have to remember I have much to be thankful for after all.
    b1Rcb.gif

Thank you for your kind words and support to everyone here.

I hope you are okay and I am sending you hugs. :)
  • Options
    christinebremnerchristinebremner Posts: 3,513 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hi everyone, just popping in to give out some virtual hugs and see how you are all going. <3 Hope things are going better to all who are experiencing hard RL issues right now. I feel for you all, I hope it does get better. xx

Well, with me I have been to the doctors again. So sick now, everything caught up with me and my condition has flared big time and been in agony with the symptoms that go with it. I am on heavy pain relief and driving is a no go for me as well right now, and haven't even been able to play a game been that sick. I am going to try play today but at the moment am waiting for the new pain relief to kick in as my whole body is on fire with pain even my skin. Just to touch it feels like its been hit with a hammer. :(

I will be ok soon, just got to rest. Michael has backed off with his stuff and realising finally how much he has drained me and other RL issues on top hasn't been good for my health at all. :/

Big hugs to you all, I do truly feel for you all with issues right now, if I could I would reach through and give you all a gentle group hug. <3

Hello @christinebremner I send hugely big hugs to you! <3 Very gentle hugs though. I am so sorry that you are in so much pain. I hope that the heavy pain relief can bring some relief to you and help to ease your pain. I hope some rest can help you. Pain is very draining and exhausting, and if you can get some sleep it will help. Lots more gentle hugs sent to you <3
    Perhaps if you are able to do a little bit of simming it may help you to cope with the pain. It is sometimes good to do simming to try to help you think about something else. It doesn't take away the pain, but it helps you to endure through it.
    Sending lots of special thoughts to you :) Please let us know how you are going. I am keeping you and your family in my thoughts.
    Thankyou very much for your very caring concern for others in the midst of your own pain and health issues.

Hi @rose <3 Thank you so much for the huge hugs and no matter what I take comfort in your love and support and this thread with such wonderful people in it. :)
    I am going to try sim for a while, to keep my mind off the pain and am thinking of starting a story in the story and legacy part of the forum because my game is so full of fun and drama I would love to share Nicoles journey with her family. :) I am sharing it in another thread as well, it puts a smile on my face playing. :)

I am still sending you all hugs, and lots of support. <3 I really hope that all of your mind, bodies and souls feel better when you come here. Cause I know mine does.

Thank you rose for being you. I love you for it. <3
    FEvr1sR.gif
  • Options

Thank you for your lovely words and support to everyone here.

I am so sorry to hear you are unwell and in pain, I hope the pain relief you are taking starts to work for you. I am thinking of you and I am sending you lots of hugs. :)
  • Options
    Fairy_HappyFairy_Happy Posts: 8,906 Member
    Sometimes I feel useless. I mean really. I go on Facebook and it seems like everyone has a job but me. Even my crazy brother! I mean what the heck! It took me ten years to finish college. :(

The only so called job I had was babysitting my cousin for one year but other than that nothing. Even the books I worked on for 10 years aren't even published!!

I am sure after I go to gaming school and learn the trade and get a job I will feel better but right now it's just blah. -_-
  • Options

Hi @rose <3 Thank you so much for the huge hugs and no matter what I take comfort in your love and support and this thread with such wonderful people in it. :)
    I am going to try sim for a while, to keep my mind off the pain and am thinking of starting a story in the story and legacy part of the forum because my game is so full of fun and drama I would love to share Nicoles journey with her family. :) I am sharing it in another thread as well, it puts a smile on my face playing. :)

I am still sending you all hugs, and lots of support. <3 I really hope that all of your mind, bodies and souls feel better when you come here. Cause I know mine does.

Hello @christinebremner :) It would be great to start and share the story of your sims in the Story and Legacy part of the forums. I hope that you can enjoy doing some simming to help you cope with the pain.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Sometimes I feel useless. I mean really. I go on Facebook and it seems like everyone has a job but me. Even my crazy brother! I mean what the heck! It took me ten years to finish college. :(

The only so called job I had was babysitting my cousin for one year but other than that nothing. Even the books I worked on for 10 years aren't even published!!

I am sure after I go to gaming school and learn the trade and get a job I will feel better but right now it's just blah. -_-

Hello @friendlyone20 . You are definitely not useless. You are very special to your family and friends. You play a special role in the world, that no one else can do or be. Many people are finding it hard to obtain a job, or are studying, and other people are not well enough to have a job. It may seem that you are alone in not having a job but there are many others that are not working. You have studied hard at college, and to finish college is a great achievement. Your plans to attend gaming school sounds great! It will be an exciting and interesting time as you learn and you gain experience for your career. From there you will have further qualifications as you seek a job in your chosen field of work.
    Sending hugs to you <3 Sending kind thoughts too :)
  • Options
    Fairy_HappyFairy_Happy Posts: 8,906 Member
    Thank you @rosemow. You made me feel heaps better. :)
  • Options

Hi @friendlyone20 :) You will make it, and get a great job out of your gaming schooling. You are not useless, you are a young person still learning and even though you don't have a job just yet, you will get one I am sure of it. :)
    Stay strong and remember....You Are Not Useless. <3
    FEvr1sR.gif
  • Options

Hello @christinebremner :) It would be great to start and share the story of your sims in the Story and Legacy part of the forums. I hope that you can enjoy doing some simming to help you cope with the pain.

Hi @rose ! :) I will start off a story there, and I have lots of fun with this family too. Nicoles dogs had 3 puppies and just recently gave them up for adoption and getting a lot out of it, and so glad I didn't lose this one. :)
    Still in a fair bit a pain with my arms and hands, so it looks like I have to wait until tomorrow.
    Thank you again for caring, and your hugs mean a lot to me. you are a sweetie. <3
    FEvr1sR.gif
  • Options
    MandylcdMandylcd Posts: 1,713 Member
    Hello wonderful people-

Sending hugs and support to all. I hope you're all safe and warm.

Peace and happiness,
    Mandy
  • Options

Hi @rose ! :) I will start off a story there, and I have lots of fun with this family too. Nicoles dogs had 3 puppies and just recently gave them up for adoption and getting a lot out of it, and so glad I didn't lose this one. :)
    Still in a fair bit a pain with my arms and hands, so it looks like I have to wait until tomorrow.
    Thank you again for caring, and your hugs mean a lot to me. you are a sweetie. <3

Hello @christine :) I will look forward to looking at your story thread. :) It will be great to see Nicole and her family.
    I hope that the pain eases a bit for you and that you can get some relief from the pain . Sending more big and gentle hugs to you <3
  • Options
    Mandylcd wrote: »
    Hello wonderful people-

Peace and happiness,
    Mandy

Hello @Mandylcd :) Thankyou for your kind words and hugs to all. Sending lots of hugs back to you <3
  • Options
    luengarkluengark Posts: 85 Member
    I'm very glad to have found this thread. Currently I'm living the most horrible time of all my life. I come to the forums to pass the time and forget some of my problems but I always find people arguing in almost every thread. I'm very depressed and certainly already disappointed of the world so those threads are anything but helpful. Now that I realize that there are people who still cares about everyone else makes me feel better. The Sims is one of the things I'm still enjoying and helps me to keep going.
  • Options
    luengark wrote: »
    I'm very glad to have found this thread. Currently I'm living the most horrible time of all my life. I come to the forums to pass the time and forget some of my problems but I always find people arguing in almost every thread. I'm very depressed and certainly already disappointed of the world so those threads are anything but helpful. Now that I realize that there are people who still cares about everyone else makes me feel better. The Sims is one of the things I'm still enjoying and helps me to keep going.

Hello @luengark I send lots of big hugs to you! <3 I am sorry that you are going through an awful time of your life and suffering from depression. I care very much about how you are feeling. You are very welcome to post here anytime you would like to talk. We are here to listen. It is good that you enjoy simming. Simming can give you a time away from your concerns and problems of real life. You can enjoy thinking about other things and enjoy watching what your sims are doing.
    Perhaps you may like to seek medical help for your depression? You could talk over with them about you are feeling, and they could offer help and support.
    I will keep you in my thoughts. Sending lots of special thoughts to you. Another big hug too <3 I will say again, you are very welcome to post here anytime you would like to post.
  • Options

I am sorry to hear that, I understand how depression can affect someone's health and well being.

I agree, this thread, and the lovely simmers who have posted here, show just how great these forums can be.

I am thinking of you and I am sending you hugs. :)
  • Options
    edited February 2015

You are not useless, these things can take time. You have already made a great start by having gone to college and also writing books.

I think it is a great idea to learn more about gaming, and that will open up lots of opportunities for you. :)
  • Options
    Mandylcd wrote: »
    Hello wonderful people-

Peace and happiness,
    Mandy

Thank you for your support and kind words.

I am thinking of you and sending you hugs back. :)
  • Options
    Thank you, as always, for your kind words, rosemow and Clarkie.
  • Options

Hello luengark-

I am so sorry to hear that you are having a difficult time and are feeling depressed. I know how painful depression is, what a struggle it is to get through the day at times. I too am glad that you found this thread. Some of the kindest persons I have come across are contributors to this thread. You always have someone here to listen and to send support and understanding. You are not alone.

Sending you a big welcome hug!
  • Options
    Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    Hello @Simpkin :) So glad your first therapy session went better than expected. Please keep coming back to see us and update us on how you are feeling :) Sending a big hug because these things can be very emotional and tiring :) Thinking of you :) Betty
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • Options
    Hello @christinebremner :) Sending the biggest virtual hug I can find :) Hoping very much your condition settles down quickly and you start to feel a lot better. You are a strong minded individual and you have had all kinds of issues presented to you. Just take it a day at a time for now and give your body the rest it needs.

Sending another big hug and warm comforting thoughts :) Betty
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.

Sim enim est vita
  • Options

So glad you found this thread and it is always good to see you :) Being without a permanent job can be so upsetting. I am sending kind thoughts to you and hoping you find something you want to do very soon :)

When we feel down it attacks our self esteem. To cheer yourself up, you need to approach the situation differently. You finished college. That is a major achievement. You provide lots of entertainment here on the Forum which should not be underestimated since the place currently feels like a war zone. You have worked on books, which means you have creative ideas and the ability to see something through to completion. In addition you have family and friends who would not regard you as useless. I agree with rosemow you definitely have a lot to offer and have achieved so much already.

Getting published is notoriously difficult. Look at how many publishers J K Rowling had to send Harry Potter to. How about you try and find an editor to look at your books and give you some pointers. There are places which want to encourage new talent and may be interested in seeing your work. Good Luck with that.

As I said I will keep you in my thoughts and please come back soon and tell us how you are doing :) Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • Options

Hello pleased that you found this thread. We are here to listen and support should you want company or a chance to talk about things :) Talking things over can sometimes make us feel a lot better and more able to cope :) There are other places on the Forum which are relatively peaceful and may help you relax. The creative sections are full of kind, supportive people and getting interested in story telling or building may help you feel better too.

Sending lots of kind and positive thoughts :) Regards Betty

Sim enim est vita
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top