The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CURRENT DD (DAILY DEAL) ROTATION & SALES HELP: STARTED SEPTEMBER 22ND

Comments

• Options
    Pugslover4Pugslover4 Posts: 2,849 Member
    @wittanthony1.....don't laugh but I did I thought I spell shoes, don't know why I spell show! LOL! Check your inbox for gift! ;)
    9cac0e69-be99-4238-b1c8-e9ef2f5d7718_zps38d42068.jpg
    I owned the store! Yahoo!
  • Options
    p-para-Xylenep-para-Xylene Posts: 230 Member
    This is going to take me like a month to fix this WL. I'm just tempted to really purchase the simpoints and be done with it all. I'm going to be too busy after tonight to even sit and click on ads as I'll have a lot of mystery shops and demos to do.
    I say if it's only a few dollars (relatively speaking, for your situation), go for it, buy the points and get stuff. Just because you can get things for free doesn't mean you have to, if doing it the free way takes up hours of your time and adds to your frustration levels. Plus if you buy a bundle of more that 1000 points you get an exclusive free item, which is kinda neat. Then you can cleanly download stuff, set your game up right forever, and move onto the gifting others phase and playing with your content. Good luck!
    Wish list free since 2015-02-23
  • Options
    muminek85muminek85 Posts: 175 Member
    Glad you did not already own it @SpiderCrowWolf. I hope you will stop having issues with your account.
    :no_mouth:
  • Options
    CogitotoroCogitotoro Posts: 1,401 Member
    @Tahera, congratulations on finally owning the store! That's awesome!

I have bought all the exclusive items on MMAO without waiting for them to be offered at 0%, but that's because I have been getting, let's just say quite a few ads, so might as well spend some of the SPs on me. (I was going to describe just how many I'm getting, but I think I won't in case the Powers That Be are checking in - wouldn't want them to pull the plug.)

So I can't spend all my time clicking blue buttons, but I have clicked a bunch for my contest. I just wanted to let you all know that the prizes have been increased to 4,000, 3,500, 2,500, and 1,000 SPs. All you have to do is upload one sim of yours, then make two outfits (one a great makeover and one a hilariously bad one) for somebody else's sim. (Or a hilariously bad outfit for me, for the bonus prize.) The deadline for entering your own sim is now a week from today - hope to see you all there! (Oh, and you can use your winnings for whatever you want, including gifting.)

By the way, the origins for this contest go way back to a DD thread maybe four DD lists ago. One of the stalkers then, Shogo, posted a funny comment about how he'd just noticed that some people had downloaded his simself that he only put up on the exchange so he could use it for his avatar. He was talking about how strange it was to think of himself walking around in other people's games, and who knew what people were doing with him. Next day I posted pictures of his Simself wearing the two most ridiculous, silly, weird outfits my game could provide, with the caption, "Decisions, decisions..." (A few of you have been around long enough to maybe remember that. Good times.)

Hope you're all well!
    Cogitotoro, aka Ashley
    siggy3_zpsaaab9c22.jpg
    No wishlist for me!
  • Options
    simgeek79simgeek79 Posts: 2,173 Member
    @Tahera Congratulations on owning the store! That's awesome :) Hopefully that put a smile on your face after everything you and your family are going through with your Mother in Law - hopefully you can find a good nursing home for her, but still a very tough time for you and your family... <3
    @kellycot1 glad to hear you made it through the bad weather. Cyclones? Scary stuff! :o Hopefully experiencing this weather hasn't turned your BF off of potentially settling in Australia :\
    @Pixieydust Yay!! So glad you're getting ads and that you were able to get a great deal on Lucky Palms Gold!!! The best is you have your new to you desktop so you can play and enjoy it all!! Good luck in the Hoodie Hoo contest tonight - it would be great if you won a venue on top of all the good fortune that you're finally getting after a rough start to 2015 - big hugs!! :kissing_heart:
    I now Own the Store!!...Thank you to everyone who helped me get here <3

Are u new to the Store? Then check out: the Daily Deal Thread
    - Cascades & Daily Deals & Love Kids Stuff? Check this out!
  • Options
    despina53despina53 Posts: 1,654 Member
    @frozenorangejuic - Hey, Tasha, I just saw on the "Activity" page that someone by the username of "friday027" is trying to get hold of you. I think they are having trouble entering your brothel contest :)
    Call me Dee :p
    Proud member of the "Own The Store Club"
  • Options
    Pugslover4Pugslover4 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Oh great...I got apache tomcat! I hope it's clear up soon. I want that counter.
    9cac0e69-be99-4238-b1c8-e9ef2f5d7718_zps38d42068.jpg
    I owned the store! Yahoo!
  • Options
    CogitotoroCogitotoro Posts: 1,401 Member
    Me1620 wrote: »
    Edit to add @Cogitotoro
    Cogitotoro wrote: »
    .... I have a favor to ask. I've been having a really annoying problem in my game where a bunch of my achievements/badges are not showing up, not even as incomplete. I've chatted/talked to tech support 5 times about it so far, and still no luck.

People who have most/all EPs, how many total achievements show up for you on your wall in game? I'd be so grateful if anybody could give me some data to work with in trying to fix my issue. ...
    On the website My Page, I count 294 badges available but that would include the badges "purchased" from the store, approximately 12.
    I have all the EPs. The total achievements showing as available on my in game wall is 265.

I think the difference may be the 17 badges earned from web achievements. In game, I can earn 265 badges. On the web, I can earn 294 badges - 12 store bought badges - 17 web achievements = 265.

Thanks so much to you and others who have answered. My game is currently showing a total of 99 achievements available. At the lowest it said there were only 25 available - and I had completed 81 of the 25. :neutral_face: If the game let me have the achievement when I do earn it, I'd be fine with the incomplete ones not showing up on my mypage, but it doesn't. I was counting on working toward achievements to keep TS3 fun for a while, because I have more fun when I'm working toward a goal. Welp, maybe I'll have to talk to CS person #6.
    Cogitotoro, aka Ashley
    siggy3_zpsaaab9c22.jpg
    No wishlist for me!
  • Options
    frozenorangejuicfrozenorangejuic Posts: 1,830 Member
    despina53 wrote: »
    @frozenorangejuic - Hey, Tasha, I just saw on the "Activity" page that someone by the username of "friday027" is trying to get hold of you. I think they are having trouble entering your brothel contest :)

Thank you! For some reason I don't seem to be getting notifications when people write on my wall.
  • Options
    Me1620Me1620 Posts: 5,009 Member
    @Cogitotoro - Ashely, do the proper number of achievements show on the website? This game can be so much fun and yet so aggravating at the same time.
    a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • Options
    kellycot1kellycot1 Posts: 2,226 Member
    @simgeek79 -- scary thought, but he's still determined to move! He even has an interview on Tuesday with the local BMW dealership, who are interested in sponsoring his visa, so yay! The cyclones don't scare him too much though, because we're pretty safe here. Bunker down during storms and, once every few years, stock up in case some roads get cut off. It's not even as bad as the snowstorms he gets in Colorado (and I presume most of the US), so he's been brave.

I have had some time to play Sims, which has been great! He loves watching me build, so I've been adding community lots to Sunset Valley again. Might have to finally post pictures soon! :)
    a.k.a. Erin
    Check out The Simdex—my PDF guide to all of the Sims 3 Store content (last updated September 2015)
  • Options
    AlphaFFrogAlphaFFrog Posts: 1,250 Member
    @kellycot1 Glad your ok and you even got a free swimming pool and everything ;) Australia always seemed a slightly scary place to live with all the poisonous spiders and then it turns out you have cyclones too! :o Let's not forget all the crime/freak accidents/family break down you see on Neighbours and Home and Away :p

Really glad you and your boyfriend are ok and it so wonderful to hear something positive so I hope it goes well with his job interview :smile:

Happy Weekend All part 2 <3
  • Options
    KittyKat8103KittyKat8103 Posts: 873 Member
    kellycot1 wrote: »
    @simgeek79 -- scary thought, but he's still determined to move! He even has an interview on Tuesday with the local BMW dealership, who are interested in sponsoring his visa, so yay! The cyclones don't scare him too much though, because we're pretty safe here. Bunker down during storms and, once every few years, stock up in case some roads get cut off. It's not even as bad as the snowstorms he gets in Colorado (and I presume most of the US), so he's been brave.

@kellycot1 - Perfect timing with that comment lol. We just had one today, and it's supposed to continue tomorrow (er, today? It's after 1:30am lol). Good to hear you guys are ok, and totally awesome about the interview! Good luck to you guys!
    You may call me Danielle or KittyKat, whichever you prefer, I like them both :P
    My Page - My Studio - My Sims 3 FB Page
    2zxozcx.png
  • Options
    Sweet2Sweet2 Posts: 1,736 Member
    thank you @muminek85‌ for Dimensional Dress Teen :)
    My Page Another lot and Household Uploaded :)

• Options
    angeljess26angeljess26 Posts: 2,400 Member
    @Cogitotoro‌ thanks for the bike
    As of April 24th 2015 I joined the own the store club. Thank you to those who helped in my journey.
    DD spreadsheet

Studio
  • Options
    SemaviLadySemaviLady Posts: 526 Member
    @Ximph - Oh my goodness, I was knocked off my virtual feet when I saw your gift as I logged on! :heart_eyes:
    I don't know how to begin to thank you! :grey_question::grey_question::grey_question:

So I went in game and included this new treasure by way of a breathtakingly beautiful exchange lot by Karritz.
    So here are pics. Please enjoy! :awesome:
    (The sim in the pics is an approximation of a simself; one I use for a forum avie, and which I often play in different worlds.)

Screenshot-68_zpsagvscsfd.jpg

Screenshot-71_zpsvgxr73kb.jpg

Screenshot-79_zpssfioflsn.jpg

Can you tell, she loves this! :grinning:

I thought I would have to wait til April DD Rotation to acquire this lot.
    Thank you ever so much Ximph!

PS. Anyone interested in this awesome build, see The Rainbow Gondola by @Karritz - this is an amazing and beautiful 64x64 hangout.
    (Many thanks to @Karritz for building this and other awesome lots. I now have the Magic Gnome's Magical Treasure Park as well.)
    Cheerleader_by_CookiemagiK.gifI've owned the TS3 Store since Feb 2015-thanks to the help of many other simmers
    ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ ☆★☆ My Page ☆★☆-♞- TS3❣
  • Options
    SemaviLadySemaviLady Posts: 526 Member
    @frozenorangejuic‌ & @Cogitotoro‌ - Your contests both sound like wacky fun. I hope I can keep tabs on progress as these unfold.

@lmwenger21‌ - you wrote: "I can sort of understand prohibiting links, but the smileys?"

It really does seem nutty when taken literally but as it happens, all types of links appear to be initially restricted and so links to the pictures that make the smilies get swept under the same rug, I guess. Boo. :open_mouth:
    Cheerleader_by_CookiemagiK.gifI've owned the TS3 Store since Feb 2015-thanks to the help of many other simmers
    ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ ☆★☆ My Page ☆★☆-♞- TS3❣
  • Options
    SpiderCrowWolfSpiderCrowWolf Posts: 1,380 Member
    See the thing is, is that now most of my sets that i need are only CYS. I have all Venues, All worlds (except what we pay real money for and those I get for nothing through mPoints), All sets that aren't CYS (since I was gifted Seeing Stars). The only sets I have now are the ones that are eligible for CYS. And so we're trying to figure out on the sets that I have on wishlist how much someone needs to gift me before I get free.

I had 316 items on the WL yesterday morning but went on a wild rampage earning SimPoints so that I could get a lot of those cleared up by using MMAO and the sale page. I'm working today and so I won't have time to even mess with it. Most of what's on DD coming up I already own.
  • Options
    Thank you @limegreenqueen101 for the gift.
  • Options
    I'm trying to figure that out as well, like how much more of the sets I have on my WL to get (from my gifting forum) before the set is free. Like I've stated many times, I'm not very good at math and working out these calculations, and right now I have to get ready for my demo today. But I'll try and pull up an example of what I'm talking about. So let's take Romanza Ceremony, Reception + Attire. I notice that the two sets in this compilation are not eligible for CYS but that the Romanza Ceremony, Reception + Attire is. For some very odd reason. I can't figure out how EA does stuff sometimes. Full Price is 1160. My CYS is 705. I did notice that this set is coming up on DD on April 30th and my cost would be -37 meaning free for me. But let's assume (for the sake of me trying to figure this out on other sets) that this will not be up for DD at any time. How would I then calculate?

Remember, it's part of a requirement in this forum that we also accept being gifted so that we can then gift forward (pay forward). And also what is the quickest way to clean up this WL? I'm still having issues with the drag and drop and really I don't have 5 hours to move these few items around. Also when I added the items to the WL I added them in the order of the set, and finished adding all at one time. I have no idea how I wound up with so many items from say Date Night, then it drops down to another set, then another then back to more items from Date Night and so on. Ugh...this thing is driving me nuts and I really want to get this taken care of as quickly as possible.

I hope I"m not confusing anyone. I"m typing this while I"m getting ready to leave to do my demo. Thanks.
  • Options
    simgeek79simgeek79 Posts: 2,173 Member
    @kellycot1 That's awesome that he has an interview on Tuesday!!! Ooh! Things are coming together! :astonished: Sorry to hear you're having a big snow storm @KittyKat8103 (it would appear this is the Winter that is never going to end - sounds like Game of Thrones :wink: ) stay warm and safe :flushed: It is quite timely though so make sure @kellycot1 that you point it out and Google images and the current temperatures to seal the deal. Lol @AlphaFen glad to see I am not the only one who associates large poisonous spiders with Australia :blush: I said the same thing to kellycot1 months ago when I first learned where she lived.
    @SemaviLady I can't think of a better way for you to thank Ximph than posting pics of your lovely simself enjoying her generous gift. She really is loving it isn't she?! :heart:

Now for my on topic part. After a few hours of sleep woke to my alarm to get the green download on Haute Hacienda Kitchen. I owned a good chunk of the dining room too so I also got the green download on the HD Kitchen & Dining Room combo, Fabulous Fiesta (got the ice cream maker & deep fryer free!!!) & then got the April 2011 compilation free because I have all the India Inspired sets. I will try and do some math to see if there is a cheap cascade to that as I got the DD by owning only the minimum required to get this mornings DD and got the majority of those off those off the DD. A pretty productive morning and then tonight after the Oscars is free download on Make a Wish :smiley: I can't wait to finally mark all of these sets as owned on my spreadsheet! Hope every has a great day /night and snags great deals and / or lots of ads :grinning:
    I now Own the Store!!...Thank you to everyone who helped me get here <3

Are u new to the Store? Then check out: the Daily Deal Thread
    - Cascades & Daily Deals & Love Kids Stuff? Check this out!
  • Options
    Cynth220Cynth220 Posts: 1,162 Member
    I'm trying to figure that out as well, like how much more of the sets I have on my WL to get (from my gifting forum) before the set is free. Like I've stated many times, I'm not very good at math and working out these calculations, and right now I have to get ready for my demo today. But I'll try and pull up an example of what I'm talking about. So let's take Romanza Ceremony, Reception + Attire. I notice that the two sets in this compilation are not eligible for CYS but that the Romanza Ceremony, Reception + Attire is. For some very odd reason. I can't figure out how EA does stuff sometimes. Full Price is 1160. My CYS is 705. I did notice that this set is coming up on DD on April 30th and my cost would be -37 meaning free for me. But let's assume (for the sake of me trying to figure this out on other sets) that this will not be up for DD at any time. How would I then calculate?

Remember, it's part of a requirement in this forum that we also accept being gifted so that we can then gift forward (pay forward). And also what is the quickest way to clean up this WL? I'm still having issues with the drag and drop and really I don't have 5 hours to move these few items around. Also when I added the items to the WL I added them in the order of the set, and finished adding all at one time. I have no idea how I wound up with so many items from say Date Night, then it drops down to another set, then another then back to more items from Date Night and so on. Ugh...this thing is driving me nuts and I really want to get this taken care of as quickly as possible.

I hope I"m not confusing anyone. I"m typing this while I"m getting ready to leave to do my demo. Thanks.

The math involved is very confusing and I think it's mentioned in the first post of this thread. The specific math, which involved taking.... 0.6 and dividing it? Someone's bound to correct me on it.
  • Options
    GrouchybeastGrouchybeast Posts: 149 Member
    edited February 2015
    @SpiderCrowWolf - as I understand it, the percentage complete figure is pretty much meaningless. All that matters for the CYS is the value of items. For CYS, there is a big initial discount where the first item knocks 10% off the full price. But after that, each item simply reduces the CYS by 90% of its own full value. I.e gifting an item worth 100sp will reduce the CYS by 90sp. So to get the CYS of Romanza Ceremony, Reception + Attire down to zero, your friend needs to give you ~785 sp worth of items (783.3*0.9=705).
    Post edited by Grouchybeast on
    "Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live." - Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    Cynth220Cynth220 Posts: 1,162 Member
    @SpiderCrowWolf - as I understand it, the percentage complete figure is pretty much meaningless. All that matters for the CYS is the value of items. For CYS, there is a big initial discount where the first items knocks 10% off the full proce. But after that, each item simply removes 90% of its own full value. So to get the CYS of Romanza Ceremony, Reception + Attire down to zero, your friend needs to give you ~785 sp worth of items (783.3*0.9=705).

Wow, you're good!
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,934 Member
    SemaviLady wrote: »
    @Ximph - Oh my goodness, I was knocked off my virtual feet when I saw your gift as I logged on! :heart_eyes:
    I don't know how to begin to thank you! :grey_question::grey_question::grey_question:

So I went in game and included this new treasure by way of a breathtakingly beautiful exchange lot by Karritz.
    So here are pics. Please enjoy! :awesome:
    (The sim in the pics is an approximation of a simself; one I use for a forum avie, and which I often play in different worlds.)

Screenshot-68_zpsagvscsfd.jpg

Screenshot-71_zpsvgxr73kb.jpg

Screenshot-79_zpssfioflsn.jpg

Can you tell, she loves this! :grinning:

I thought I would have to wait til April DD Rotation to acquire this lot.
    Thank you ever so much Ximph!

PS. Anyone interested in this awesome build, see The Rainbow Gondola by @Karritz - this is an amazing and beautiful 64x64 hangout.
    (Many thanks to @Karritz for building this and other awesome lots. I now have the Magic Gnome's Magical Treasure Park as well.)

I'm happy to see you enjoying the gondola lot. You look like I you are having a lot of fun.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top