Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

boy i miss open world

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    edited February 2015
    I don't miss open world because I'm still playing sims 3 and most likely will play never leave sims 3. The open world will always have a place in my heart, ..its feels a lot more alive than than the sims 4. I love how I can go to the park or beach and there will be all kind of sims there, not just the same people over and over. I'll even see sims I never knew existed in the game which makes it feel even more realistic. Sims walking up and down your street constantly doesn't it make it feel alive..it makes you realize just how small and boring the world must be that only thing townies can do is just walk up and down the side walk all day long. And how scripted it is as well, How often do you see that happening in life? Another reason I love the open is scenery..its just breathtakingly beautiful to look at and explore.
    Post edited by BrittanyChick22 on
    giphy.gif

• Options
    DarleymikeyDarleymikey Posts: 4,047 Member
    edited February 2015
    Clk1143 wrote: »
    Ellessarr wrote: »
    I don't miss it. Not even a little bit. It was so laggy, buggy and crashed on me more times than I can count. It was the worst thing in the sims series and I do not want to see it again unless it is worked on. I want to be able to play my game without worrying about tremendous lags and bugs that riddles The Sims 3.

I'm surprised to hear that. It worked decently on my 8 year old outdated-as-heck, no memory/ram space having crud of a laptop with a bunch of CC installed, so I always assumed it must run like a beauty for everyone else.

Not as surprised as I am when I can run Skyrim on my computer just fine without any problems but not TS3. My laptop was new when I put TS3 on it, and yet it still wouldn't function right.
    your problem is easy fixed using the right mods afar i know then this is not a excuse to blame a feature, but you must blame maxis for dont make they work right.

I don't play with mods, so it isn't that easy of a fix. I shouldn't need to use a mod to fix the game.

When EA makes something, you almost need mods to fix it.

Not really. I've played since sims 1 without any mods. I have played other EA games too like battlefield and dragon age, no mods. I just don't like taking that risk by using mods made by other players. I have seen some custom content over the years as a gamer made as a virus to purposely ruin player's game and/or computer. I am also a believer in I play my way and you play your way, no one needs to tell someone else they need to play some other way. :smile:

When EA makes something, you almost need mods to fix it. Where did I say you HAVE to use mods?
    wallshot_zps9l41abih.jpg
  • Options
    Gnarl_LeeGnarl_Lee Posts: 1,014 Member
    open world = empty world....sure you can ride around, but then what?
  • Options
    EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 2,795 Member
    Gnarl_Lee wrote: »
    only empty if you dont use the right mods and dont have a proper populated world, i see a lot of players having very crownded places with the proper adjusts.

tumblr_mfiuwmQOLI1qgap4ho1_500.gif
  • Options
    WinMacSims3WinMacSims3 Posts: 1,610 Member
    If you think Sims 4 is bad for not having open world, go see The Sims 3 on PS3 and Xbox 360. On the console versions, the open world is removed so going to another zone will cancel the actions that the Sims were doing in the previous zone. For example, you can't have Malcolm write books in zone A while you play as Rebecca in zone B since going to zone B will cancel Malcolm's actions. This is especially annoying in Pets as you have to get your cat to catch ghosts so you can unlock a milestone to unlock a Trophy/Achievement and catching ghosts requires you to leave your house.
    Origin ID: GothicSimmer, YouTube: GothicSimmer
  • Options
    Fonxi121994Fonxi121994 Posts: 457 Member
    > @vergil7 said:
    > Fonxi121994 wrote: »
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Yes bro. Who use 32 bit window anyway?

The problem isn't Windows in 32 Bit, the problem is that the game is made to work as a 32 Bit Application. So even if you have 32 or 64 Bit Windows version, the game is always a 32 Bit App, and can't use more than 4GB of RAM, even if you have 8GB, 16GB, 32GB or whatever
    The changes came slowly at first. Most didn't realize, or didn't care, and accepted them. They chose a comfortable life.
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    Oh, I just
    realised
    I can make
    my words
    DANCE
    around the page like
    POETRY
    now.

Sorry about that, easily excited individual here.

I don't miss the open world as much as I thought I would. When I first found out we were not getting them I was all, 'NOOOOOO!!!! How could you do this to us!?' *shakes fist at sky* but now I'm not so bothered. The off-lot areas can be fairly big to explore and I'll take loading screens between lots and quick saves over the excruciating 10-30 minute load/save times I have with TS3.

Plus... the worlds still have pretty views, which is important to me.

Also, the fact that there are soooooo many sims just wandering around, and every lot I visit is packed with people. As much as I love roaming around my open worlds in TS3 the world feels pretty dead compared to the bustle of TS4.

There are advantages and disadvantages to both options: open or not-open world. I feel like I have a choice between two games that I love now. When I have enough time I can load TS3 and send my sims off to explore and enjoy the freedom of the open environment. When I just don't have the time to spend waiting for TS3 to save and load, I have a quick fun game that I can load quickly and spend more time playing than I intended to! :#

Now excuse me while I amuse myself:

...fly up...
    Though my words...
    ...my thoughts remain............
    ...below.
  • Options
    DarleymikeyDarleymikey Posts: 4,047 Member
    If you think Sims 4 is bad for not having open world, go see The Sims 3 on PS3 and Xbox 360. On the console versions, the open world is removed so going to another zone will cancel the actions that the Sims were doing in the previous zone. For example, you can't have Malcolm write books in zone A while you play as Rebecca in zone B since going to zone B will cancel Malcolm's actions. This is especially annoying in Pets as you have to get your cat to catch ghosts so you can unlock a milestone to unlock a Trophy/Achievement and catching ghosts requires you to leave your house.

And thus the reason I don't play games on consoles. If I wanted a console game, I'd have bought one.
    wallshot_zps9l41abih.jpg
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    I cant say I totally miss open worlds because the routing was terrible. I have to laugh because even with Sims 4 musical chairs and number of attempts to pick up dishes to wash them is no better. I mean if the world is closed things like this just shouldn't be happening.

With the expansion pack announcement, I am sure more people will really miss open worlds when they lose so much time with the Sims who are stuck at home while one Sim is trying to be a doctor.
  • Options
    nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    Gnarl_Lee wrote: »

I've redone most of the worlds in Sims 3 with my own townies, houses, businesses. Never had an empty world.