Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

boy i miss open world

Comments

• Options
    blunderwoman727blunderwoman727 Posts: 102 Member
    edited January 2015
    I've been playing the Sims3 so I've been enjoying the big and beautiful open world it has. No more mirages of places I can't reach and hitting loading screen after loading screen. The very first time I played the Sims3, I literally had my sims run around all throughout the neighborhood and I loved the feeling of exploration it gave. I could go anywhere and it felt like I was in the big and vast place with all sorts of things to discover. Even when I first played minecraft the very first thing I did was run endlessly in random directions as the world went on and and on and on with no limits...I eventually drowned but still!

I love the vastness of the Sims3 world, and the huge and expansive custom worlds that people created. I mean someone literally created a replica of NYC that you could actually live in and explore and there are a ton of other cities. I love that you can actually run into sims placed in the world at different venues in all sorts of situations. And you don't HAVE have ALL your sims at the same place to play them!

I can have my boyfriend in simform watching tv at home...
    Screenshot-174_zpslbyclqv1.jpg

While my simself (her hair is a lot more fabulous than mines lol!) windsurfs away! Look ma no loading screens!!!
    Screenshot-153_zpsc66xjdmz.jpg

The Sims3 open world has no pause or stop. It is just play play play play play endlessly! With Sims4 it's a constant start and stop with its loading screens if your sims aren't in the same place...it's double the loading screen or even triple depending on how many sims are in your household.
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    Lynne563 wrote: »
    Lack of an Open world and the loading screens are the main reason I don't play Sims 4, Plus it is a rubbish game.

This
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    HalloMolliHalloMolli Posts: 2,720 Member
    edited January 2015
    The Sims3 open world has no pause or stop. It is just play play play play play endlessly! With Sims4 it's a constant start and stop with its loading screens if your sims aren't in the same place...it's double the loading screen or even triple depending on how many sims are in your household.

One of my favourite aspects of the open world was to observe my neighbors through their windows. Sometimes i catched them woohoo (i have a ton of screenshots with very funny moments ^^) or they just had a nice bbq with their families in their garden. It had a nice touch and made me feel that i am a just one little part of a living world, it was very immersive. This is something Sims 4 can't provide.

"[...] and everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end."

• Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited January 2015
    kiara07 wrote: »
    I don't miss it. Not even a little bit. It was so laggy, buggy and crashed on me more times than I can count. It was the worst thing in the sims series and I do not want to see it again unless it is worked on. I want to be able to play my game without worrying about tremendous lags and bugs that riddles The Sims 3.

@IgnitedTobi1 Is your computer even good at least? Sims 3 is more appropriate for decent computers because it's a good/modern game. For people who come here and say things like this "at least I can play sims 4, sims 3 lags bla bla bla" I say it's no wonder sims 4 runs better, you can't compare a game with good graphics and open world like sims 3, to a game with backwards graphics and loading sreens like the sims 4!!!

One thing is not liking the sims 3 because the sims themselves are more boring than in the other versions of the game (unfortunatelly it is very true and wish they had more life), but other thing is not liking the game because it lags instead of trying to understand first whether the computer is at fault.

Excuse you, I bought my computer last year and it can run some pretty hefty games just fine. So, no, it isn't my computer.

So? Doesn't mean it has uptodate drivers, video cards, enough ram, etc.

My dad got me a brand new PC last year...and according to a website and software, and comparing specs....while it can run Skyrim and Deus Ex Human Revolution, and Mass Effect 2 and Dragon Age Origins pretty well on medium/decent/good/even high settings, it specifically doesn't have the videocard/ drivers and/or RAM to play Sims 3 or Dragon Age Inquisition on High or Ultra. Sims 3 expansion packs also seen to have some intense requirements as well...

Dragon Age Inquistion, I have to play on much lower settings, and Sims 3, I have to put the trees and distance at lower settings, etc. (Though I can keep Sims detail and Mirrors/Water, and Shadows/lights settings somewhat high.)

Also, the lagging decreased a lot with mods, too. Like, a lot. To the point where my ganeplay was almost lag-free in some worlds like Lucky Palms and Supernatural world (forgot the name), and Oasis from Into the Future expansion pack.

Isla Paradiso is the worst one, though, and still lags sometimes, because it's not made well and the routing is just bad.

(Sims 1 even complained about my computer's lack of ram when I installed the whole series of expansions, lol.)
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    HephaestionHephaestion Posts: 1,445 Member
    edited January 2015

One of my favourite aspects of the open world was to observe my neighbors through their windows. Sometimes i catched them woohoo (i have a ton of screenshots with very funny moments ^^) or they just had a nice bbq with their families in their garden. It had a nice touch and the world felt alive, it was very immersive. This is something Sims 4 can't provide.

absolutely. i loved just jogging through the neighborhood or through the outer hills and exploring new things that'd pop up and the different sims that would just be out there meandering around. everything seemed to spontaneous and fun and an actual living, breathing world. sims 4 is like a half-dead hamster in a cage with a perpetually spinning wheel loading screen.
  • Options
    LittleMinxUndrLittleMinxUndr Posts: 4,196 Member
    I don't miss it. Not even a little bit. It was so laggy, buggy and crashed on me more times than I can count. It was the worst thing in the sims series and I do not want to see it again unless it is worked on. I want to be able to play my game without worrying about tremendous lags and bugs that riddles The Sims 3.

@IgnitedTobi1 Is your computer even good at least? Sims 3 is more appropriate for decent computers because it's a good/modern game. For people who come here and say things like this "at least I can play sims 4, sims 3 lags bla bla bla" I say it's no wonder sims 4 runs better, you can't compare a game with good graphics and open world like sims 3, to a game with backwards graphics and loading sreens like the sims 4!!!

One thing is not liking the sims 3 because the sims themselves are more boring than in the other versions of the game (unfortunatelly it is very true and wish they had more life), but other thing is not liking the game because it lags instead of trying to understand first whether the computer is at fault.

Excuse you, I bought my computer last year and it can run some pretty hefty games just fine. So, no, it isn't my computer.

My dad got me a brand new PC last year...and according to a website and software, and comparing specs....while it can run Skyrim and Deus Ex Human Revolution, and Mass Effect 2 and Dragon Age Origins pretty well on medium/decent/good settings, it specifically doesn't have the videocard/ drivers and/or RAM to play Sims 3 or Dragon Age Inquisition. Sims 3 expansion packs also seen to have some intense requirements as well...

Dragon Age Inquistion, I have to play on much lower settings, and Sims 3, I have to put the trees and distance at lower settings, etc. (Though I can keep Sims detail and Mirrors/Water, and Shadows/lights settings somewhat high.)

Also, the lagging decreased a lot with mods, too. Like, a lot. To the point where my ganeplay was almost lag-free in some worlds like Lucky Palms and Supernatural world (forgot the name), and Oasis from Into the Futurem

Isla Paradiso is the worst one, though, and still lags sometimes, because it's not made well and the routing is just bad.

(Sims 1 even complained about my computer's lack of ram when I installed the whole series of expansions, lol.)

When next time you play fresh in IP, go to edit town and remove the Scott family, houseboat and all, they live on the southern tip of the secondary island. Chandell Scott gets lost a lot, and her father takes the scenic route to work. Without the Scotts, IP picks up a lot of FPS.

• Options
    EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 2,795 Member
    I've been playing the Sims3 so I've been enjoying the big and beautiful open world it has. No more mirages of places I can't reach and hitting loading screen after loading screen. The very first time I played the Sims3, I literally had my sims run around all throughout the neighborhood and I loved the feeling of exploration it gave. I could go anywhere and it felt like I was in the big and vast place with all sorts of things to discover. Even when I first played minecraft the very first thing I did was run endlessly in random directions as the world went on and and on and on with no limits...I eventually drowned but still!

I love the vastness of the Sims3 world, and the huge and expansive custom worlds that people created. I mean someone literally created a replica of NYC that you could actually live in and explore and there are a ton of other cities. I love that you can actually run into sims placed in the world at different venues in all sorts of situations. And you don't HAVE have ALL your sims at the same place to play them!

I can have my boyfriend in simform watching tv at home...
    Screenshot-174_zpslbyclqv1.jpg

While my simself (her hair is a lot more fabulous than mines lol!) windsurfs away! Look ma no loading screens!!!
    Screenshot-153_zpsc66xjdmz.jpg

man that images are so awesome, yeah i really agree.

for me the sims 4 was designed to be a game to be play literally "alone", or the minimum amount of sims possible in family if you try make then does too much different things you will be doomed to go load screen over load screen, most of my games i ending make a house with almost everything for i dont need "leave the house" which is also what i believe this game was made, he was based on you have few peoples and spend most of your time in the same lote, he not really tailored toward exploration as was supposed to be, once you need go to load screeens over load screens to make that.

well i'm not a dollhouse player, and neither a simmer, i'm really trying hard to like this game but his limitations really angry me a lot when i have almost of my others games where i can play for ours before hit a load screen or when i hit one not will really bother me because they aways are fast(2 to 5 seconds at best) and most of the cases is only the first load screen as soon your game load the new area if you move out and move back the game "remember that place" and you have almost instants load screens, what dont happen here.

really if the sims 4 had the same "open world" of the sims 3 i could be playing happy now well also have the bugs and others minor things which keep me at bay, because again i really get bored very fast each play time because i like to make my sims move to places, like go to gyms, go to night clubs, move to others places but the current in game limited engineer simple make impossible i bear the load screens to have my fun.

and excuse you, i also bough my computer last year and i can run all my games alwesome the only game i have problem is the sims 4 with lag, bug load screen, he even lag my others games, i can open diablo and street fighter 4 but i can't open sims 4 and any game this wil lag my pc like a hell, like others peoples this game not was proper made since he dont have a good stability toward many pcs and was made with a outdated plataform (32 bit) which i believe is one of the reasons of instability, for this game dont matter if you have 8, 16, 32 or 64 ram or have the most top processor the game will still use a bad part of you pc and does performance trouble toward you windows(at last with me and my win 7 64)
    tumblr_mfiuwmQOLI1qgap4ho1_500.gif
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member

My dad got me a brand new PC last year...and according to a website and software, and comparing specs....while it can run Skyrim and Deus Ex Human Revolution, and Mass Effect 2 and Dragon Age Origins pretty well on medium/decent/good settings, it specifically doesn't have the videocard/ drivers and/or RAM to play Sims 3 or Dragon Age Inquisition. Sims 3 expansion packs also seen to have some intense requirements as well...

Also, the lagging decreased a lot with mods, too. Like, a lot. To the point where my ganeplay was almost lag-free in some worlds like Lucky Palms and Supernatural world (forgot the name), and Oasis from Into the Futurem

When next time you play fresh in IP, go to edit town and remove the Scott family, houseboat and all, they live on the southern tip of the secondary island. Chandell Scott gets lost a lot, and her father takes the scenic route to work. Without the Scotts, IP picks up a lot of FPS.

I did that recently, and it does run smoother. However, with added mods, my game runs even smoother, and I can even avoid certain serious bugs like disappearing sims while traveling.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    One of my favourite aspects of the open world was to observe my neighbors through their windows. Sometimes i catched them woohoo (i have a ton of screenshots with very funny moments ^^) or they just had a nice bbq with their families in their garden. It had a nice touch and made me feel that i am a just one little part of a living world, it was very immersive. This is something Sims 4 can't provide.

Exactly! The world moves even without you so it's like the townspeople had their own personalities and life and you were actually part of a town instead of running into these sims devoid of life and personality, who only exist when you appear on a certain lot. The sims of Sims4 are just creepy to me they don't do anything, they don't even really exist in a sense. When I played I NEVER saw any of the sims from the households I placed into the world. It was the same ones appearing again and again. I swear Eliza Pancakes was stalking my household...
  • Options
    edited January 2015

Exactly! The world moves even without you so it's like the townspeople had their own personalities and life and you were actually part of a town instead of running into these sims devoid of life and personality, who only exist when you appear on a certain lot. The sims of Sims4 are just creepy to me they don't do anything, they don't even really exist in a sense. When I played I NEVER saw any of the sims from the households I placed into the world. It was the same ones appearing again and again. I swear Eliza Pancakes was stalking my household...

lol i also had that problem of some stalkers, but this also happened with some created sims, normally in my games i try to make both cities full and expect to find everyone but this dont happen, in one of my games i had a created sim which was a true stalker paparazzi, i get my sims to the willow creed gym he was there fine, then i decided change to another gym in oasis, most of the sims from previous gym was there with him, then i decided go to a bar then who was there??? the same guy, then i man this guy love me, i go to a night club, then who i meet there??? yeahh he is here again, then i get anger and go back to my house to ending finding who passing around my house after midnight >.>, serious where the cops when we need?????, a really serious creep stalker.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    I surprised myself yesterday. I decided to go back and try Sims 3 for the first time since September, to see how different the games are. I created a Sim (not as much fun in 3 :(), I built a house (took me forever) and then I jumped right into the game. After around 20 minutes I realised that I hadn't really noticed the open world - it had very little impact on my game play (unless you count the lack of Sims on lots).

I have dragged my soap box out so many times to protest for open world, and don't get me wrong - I would take open worlds in a heartbeat if they wanted to add them to TS4 - but I've come to realise that to me it isn't as important as I first thought.

Yes, the loading screens between houses bug me. And it's a shame our Sims don't have cars. But in all honesty after playing Sims 3 for 30 minutes I realised I don't miss the open world as much as I thought.

I'd be quite happy if they gave us a semi-open world in TS4.
    Building houses taking forever is one of the things I love about 3 ;) I like to be able to throw rooms on a lot, I'd love that in 3. But after that the real joy begins. Not in 4 though.

When I was playing the Sims4 it would randomly stop working and would crash all the time especially when I went to the gallery. This forum is filled with posts about people complaining because the Sims4 keeps crashing on them and the countless bugs they have encountered. So I'm not sure why you and others are acting as if the open world was all to blame for the bugs in the Sims3. What's to blame for the bugs and crashing when it comes to the Sims4, since you have no open world to scapegoat this time?
    True. It's Sims 4 I can't play properly on my computer. And as for bugs, well.... ;)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    A perfect date thanks to open world:

Having a nice dinner with your girl on a houseboat while you past islands on a beatiful day:

munebziw.jpg

heading to the beach where you go swim and enjoy yourself:

t6gdxng8.jpg

And the outlying bay is perfect to end the date on a romantic note:

yo9vf6t6.jpg

"[...] and everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end."

• Options
    edited January 2015
    (unless you count the lack of Sims on lots)

Only one hint: Before you start playing it is necessary to populate your world. It takes a while but trust me, it's so worth it. In my worlds usually live 150-200 sims. And every (!) lot is very populated (15-30 sims, much more than The Sims 4 could ever handle).

And here are some more screenshots taken in one of my games:

h5b835gt.jpg

--> http://fs2.directupload.net/images/150114/h5b835gt.jpg

728zmotj.jpg

--> http://fs2.directupload.net/images/150114/728zmotj.jpg

Sorry for this random pic but i have to post it because it shows the beauty of the sims 3:

27atkgeq.jpg

--> http://fs1.directupload.net/images/150114/27atkgeq.jpg

Edit: NO mods were used!!

• Options
    edited January 2015
    Ellessarr wrote: »

man that images are so awesome, yeah i really agree.

for me the sims 4 was designed to be a game to be play literally "alone", or the minimum amount of sims possible in family if you try make then does too much different things you will be doomed to go load screen over load screen, most of my games i ending make a house with almost everything for i dont need "leave the house" which is also what i believe this game was made, he was based on you have few peoples and spend most of your time in the same lote, he not really tailored toward exploration as was supposed to be, once you need go to load screeens over load screens to make that.

Sims3 does have some awesome scenery that you can actually explore too!

To the bolded that is EXACTLY how I feel! Usually when I play I like to have a big family. Each sim in that family having their own unique identity and traits. One might be a genius into books, another into art or music, another into sports, another a diva and so on. As a result I'll have for example, the genius at the library, the artist at the museum or theater,the athlete at the park or beach, and the diva singing karaoke somewhere just each doing their thing. All of them working on their skills, having fun at the same time in different places, and meeting different people so they can have their own set of unique friends.

With the Sims4 that's impossible, it's either all of them in the same place meeting the same people or only one of them actually advancing, improving, and making friends. So just like you I just ended up leaving them all at home and throwing stuff into the household just so I wouldn't have to deal with the annoying loading screens. Ultimately the house felt just felt like a prison and it was boring. The sims don't even feel like they have different personalities anymore because they are doing the same exact things. You can only watch a sim go from happy to uncomfortable (cue overly dramatic sound effect) on loop for so long before you just have to back away and say "this is dumb".
  • Options

Having a nice dinner with your girl on a houseboat while you past islands on a beatiful day:

munebziw.jpg

t6gdxng8.jpg

yo9vf6t6.jpg

Those images are beautiful! And really highlight what made the open world so great! You can just fluidly move throughout the world without missing a beat or breaking your immersion!
  • Options
    Thank you and I agree completly.

• Options
    (unless you count the lack of Sims on lots)

Only one hint: Before you start playing it is necessary to populate your world. It takes a while but trust me, it's so worth it. In my worlds usually live 150-200 sims. And every (!) lot is very populated (15-30 sims, much more than The Sims 4 could ever handle).

And here are some more screenshots taken in one of my games:

h5b835gt.jpg

--> http://fs2.directupload.net/images/150114/h5b835gt.jpg

728zmotj.jpg

--> http://fs2.directupload.net/images/150114/728zmotj.jpg

Sorry for this random pic but i have to post it because it shows the beauty of the sims 3:

27atkgeq.jpg

--> http://fs1.directupload.net/images/150114/27atkgeq.jpg

Edit: NO mods were used!!

really no words, eh peoples are forcing me hard to buy it, i just gonna wait next big sales, better than the current boring sims 4 bugged.
  • Options
    GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member

munebziw.jpg

t6gdxng8.jpg

yo9vf6t6.jpg

Now that is a life simulator. Beautiful pics. Thanks for sharing.

I know that a lot of people blame the open world for the issues that they had with TS3, and perhaps it did cause some issues. Perhaps. It was very ambitious for 2009. But you can't tell me that they couldn't have made the open world better and smoother all of these years later if they'd been inclined to actually put forth the effort to work on it.
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Options
    GabbyGirlJ wrote: »

munebziw.jpg

t6gdxng8.jpg

yo9vf6t6.jpg

Now that is a life simulator. Beautiful pics. Thanks for sharing.

I know that a lot of people blame the open world for the issues that they had with TS3, and perhaps it did cause some issues. Perhaps. It was very ambitious for 2009. But you can't tell me that they couldn't have made the open world better and smoother all of these years later if they'd been inclined to actually put forth the effort to work on it.
    yeah, but the problem not was the conception but the development system because in 2009 you could find games with the same "large place without load screens" and running perfect, maxis team just was a lazy team which not even tried to fixe they mess if instead of let bugs stacsk over bugs, lik the routes, they fixed fast before new ones come the game could be perfect, but you know when you have peoples doing your work for free then you dont need do it you get lazy;
  • Options
    MandylcdMandylcd Posts: 1,713 Member
    Niana wrote: »
    I do miss open World badly... In Sims 3 I loved having a sim that basically lived on the street.
    Started most of my Dynasties with a homeless sim. I also don't like the "staged" feeling that the Sims 4 townies give me.
    For me it felt way more alive when I could watch me neighbors leaving the house to go out or see other Sims on other public venues going to the cinema or a restaurant when im at the Park.

Exactly. Once

munebziw.jpg

t6gdxng8.jpg

yo9vf6t6.jpg

Those images are beautiful! And really highlight what made the open world so great! You can just fluidly move throughout the world without missing a beat or breaking your immersion!

Exactly! I just can't imagine playing The Sims without the open world now.
  • Options
    Fonxi121994Fonxi121994 Posts: 457 Member
    Open World = Laggy game.

If only they made the game as a 64bit Application... But TS3 never managed well Open Worlds with only 4GB of RAM available to use. That was, I think, the most important weak point of Open World system. But also, Sims stucking all over the city was also really annoying.
    The changes came slowly at first. Most didn't realize, or didn't care, and accepted them. They chose a comfortable life.
  • Options
    MandylcdMandylcd Posts: 1,713 Member
    Open World = Laggy game.

If only they made the game as a 64bit Application... But TS3 never managed well Open Worlds with only 4GB of RAM available to use. That was, I think, the most important weak point of Open World system. But also, Sims stucking all over the city was also really annoying.

The thing is, there were so many of us who were able to run the game with limited lag problems.
  • Options
    vergil7vergil7 Posts: 106 Member
    dude my RAM is 32 giga
  • Options
    Fonxi121994Fonxi121994 Posts: 457 Member
    > @vergil7 said:
    > dude my RAM is 32 giga

Sure, but a 32-Bit application can use only 4GB of that 32GB of RAM, no more. If it was a 64-Bit application, the game could use the all the RAM with no limits. In that case, the game would take advantage of the maximum RAM available.
    The changes came slowly at first. Most didn't realize, or didn't care, and accepted them. They chose a comfortable life.
  • Options
    vergil7vergil7 Posts: 106 Member
    > @vergil7 said:
    > dude my RAM is 32 giga

Sure, but a 32-Bit application can use only 4GB of that 32GB of RAM, no more. If it was a 64-Bit application, the game could use the all the RAM with no limits. In that case, the game would take advantage of the maximum RAM available.

Yes bro. Who use 32 bit window anyway?