Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

boy i miss open world

Comments

• IgnitedTobi1IgnitedTobi1 Posts: 926 Member
    Ellessarr wrote: »
    I don't miss it. Not even a little bit. It was so laggy, buggy and crashed on me more times than I can count. It was the worst thing in the sims series and I do not want to see it again unless it is worked on. I want to be able to play my game without worrying about tremendous lags and bugs that riddles The Sims 3.

I'm surprised to hear that. It worked decently on my 8 year old outdated-as-heck, no memory/ram space having crud of a laptop with a bunch of CC installed, so I always assumed it must run like a beauty for everyone else.

Not as surprised as I am when I can run Skyrim on my computer just fine without any problems but not TS3. My laptop was new when I put TS3 on it, and yet it still wouldn't function right.
    your problem is easy fixed using the right mods afar i know then this is not a excuse to blame a feature, but you must blame maxis for dont make they work right.

I don't play with mods, so it isn't that easy of a fix. I shouldn't need to use a mod to fix the game.
  • LeslieM25LeslieM25 Posts: 2,766 Member
    The open world in TS3 was a great idea, just obviously needed improvements. Every time we get a new sims game, in my opinion, they take the best things from the previous games and make improvements on it. You would think five years later, they would have been able to keep it and improve it by leaps and bounds. Leaving it and CASt out of TS4 was a huge step backward. What they gave us for TS4 is basically the same as TS2 but with better scenery.
    Come check out my poses and more on my Simblr!
    http://lesliem25.tumblr.com/
    GqsONVc.gif
  • EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 2,795 Member
    I don't miss it. Not even a little bit. It was so laggy, buggy and crashed on me more times than I can count. It was the worst thing in the sims series and I do not want to see it again unless it is worked on. I want to be able to play my game without worrying about tremendous lags and bugs that riddles The Sims 3.

I'm surprised to hear that. It worked decently on my 8 year old outdated-as-heck, no memory/ram space having crud of a laptop with a bunch of CC installed, so I always assumed it must run like a beauty for everyone else.

Not as surprised as I am when I can run Skyrim on my computer just fine without any problems but not TS3. My laptop was new when I put TS3 on it, and yet it still wouldn't function right.
    your problem is easy fixed using the right mods afar i know then this is not a excuse to blame a feature, but you must blame maxis for dont make they work right.

I don't play with mods, so it isn't that easy of a fix. I shouldn't need to use a mod to fix the game.
    and this is not a reason to blame a feature, is your choice, if you dont want to use fine, if maxis dont have competent staff to make this then is they fault not the feature, almost every game which have this never had problem because of it, skyrim is a open world and doubt you have problems because of it, if a feature dont work is only fault of the develops to not make this work.

tumblr_mfiuwmQOLI1qgap4ho1_500.gif
  • kayleigh_j_pkayleigh_j_p Posts: 27 New Member
    Theoretically open world is a great idea, except it just doesn't work, the loading times for Sims 3 can attest to that.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    Theoretically open world is a great idea, except it just doesn't work, the loading times for Sims 3 can attest to that.

5 minutes for a bunch of EPs, SPs, Store content, CC, and mods--load once, don't have to load again to travel around the town. It works for me.
    You can help load times by bypassing the launcher and just going directly to the game.

The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • HephaestionHephaestion Posts: 1,445 Member
    yeah. i hate when they break your favorite game just so they can try and turn it into a cash shop.
  • JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member
    Mine went from 4 mins. to 1 and a half..
  • LeslieM25LeslieM25 Posts: 2,766 Member
    CK213 wrote: »

5 minutes for a bunch of EPs, SPs, Store content, CC, and mods--load once, don't have to load again to travel around the town. It works for me.
    You can help load times by bypassing the launcher and just going directly to the game.
    I agree. I would rather have one loading screen that's a little longer with the open world.
    Come check out my poses and more on my Simblr!
    http://lesliem25.tumblr.com/
    GqsONVc.gif
  • LittleMinxUndrLittleMinxUndr Posts: 4,196 Member
    LeslieM25 wrote: »
    CK213 wrote: »

I agree. I would rather have one loading screen that's a little longer with the open world.
    And that regard, TS3 can't be beat. It also has toddlers and teens. Also, I can totally reccommend Consort Grow, as it grows your kids and teens by a small percentage on a daily basis.
    However, build mode is a dream in TS4 and sim-autonomy blows me away everytime. A lot can be said in defence of both games. It's not only sadness that reigns.

• Clk1143Clk1143 Posts: 1,014 Member
    I sympathize with those who do miss open world. It may have been more enjoyable for me if EA had implemented it differently. I didn't like the rabbit holes for the shops. I also disliked the whole curfew thing, certain sims of mine could never go to certain places because of their career schedule. The place was closed. My hot spots also only had max of five sims in them. I found more friends on the computer, then in the open world. The world just never felt that "open" to me, and in fact limited my game play. I still love sims 2 and still play it along with sims 4. The loading screens don't bother me in either one, because the world itself feels more "open."
  • MegandtheMoonMegandtheMoon Posts: 1,831 Member
    I surprised myself yesterday. I decided to go back and try Sims 3 for the first time since September, to see how different the games are. I created a Sim (not as much fun in 3 :(), I built a house (took me forever) and then I jumped right into the game. After around 20 minutes I realised that I hadn't really noticed the open world - it had very little impact on my game play (unless you count the lack of Sims on lots).

I have dragged my soap box out so many times to protest for open world, and don't get me wrong - I would take open worlds in a heartbeat if they wanted to add them to TS4 - but I've come to realise that to me it isn't as important as I first thought.

Yes, the loading screens between houses bug me. And it's a shame our Sims don't have cars. But in all honesty after playing Sims 3 for 30 minutes I realised I don't miss the open world as much as I thought.

I'd be quite happy if they gave us a semi-open world in TS4.
    tumblr_nh3ivhx9ob1rs61ydo1_500.gif
  • HalloMolliHalloMolli Posts: 2,720 Member

I feel sorry for you that you had to play the game on a calculator :(

My worlds worked perfectly. In fact they still do <3.
    "[...] and everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end."

• DarleymikeyDarleymikey Posts: 4,047 Member

When EA makes something, you almost need mods to fix it.
    wallshot_zps9l41abih.jpg
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    edited January 2015
    While I agree that you shouldn't need mods to fix a game, if the developer can't or won't and a modder can, I use the mod. I know the care that modders take with bugfix mods, and since the community can give feedback immediately and the modder can make changes and release far more quickly than the devs, you're more likely to get a fix that really works.

There are some very talented programmers volunteering their time and working to improve a game they love.

Edit: And that Sims 3 was buggy is really is a problem with the developer not fixing the bugs, not the game concepts. As the bugs could be fixed, it's even more a Maxis problem, not an open world problem.
  • Clk1143Clk1143 Posts: 1,014 Member

Not really. I've played since sims 1 without any mods. I have played other EA games too like battlefield and dragon age, no mods. I just don't like taking that risk by using mods made by other players. I have seen some custom content over the years as a gamer made as a virus to purposely ruin player's game and/or computer. I am also a believer in I play my way and you play your way, no one needs to tell someone else they need to play some other way. :smile:
  • blunderwoman727blunderwoman727 Posts: 102 Member

When I was playing the Sims4 it would randomly stop working and would crash all the time especially when I went to the gallery. This forum is filled with posts about people complaining because the Sims4 keeps crashing on them and the countless bugs they have encountered. So I'm not sure why you and others are acting as if the open world was all to blame for the bugs in the Sims3. What's to blame for the bugs and crashing when it comes to the Sims4, since you have no open world to scapegoat this time?
  • NianaNiana Posts: 211 Member
    I do miss open World badly... In Sims 3 I loved having a sim that basically lived on the street.
    Started most of my Dynasties with a homeless sim. I also don't like the "staged" feeling that the Sims 4 townies give me.
    For me it felt way more alive when I could watch me neighbors leaving the house to go out or see other Sims on other public venues going to the cinema or a restaurant when im at the Park.
  • MrSimmisMrSimmis Posts: 1,693 Member
    simple solution. Play Sims 3.
  • GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,614 Member
    I absolutely love open world, but I would be happy with loading between neighborhoods - especially if the neighborhoods were just a little bigger.

Would be cool if it was open world , but loading screen when you visit sims homes. That way we could still switch between households like in Sims 2, which is why I didn't like open world in Sims . I just didn't like the things that were compromised to make open world including car animations. Yet we don't even have cars in Sims 4. :(

PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • kiara07kiara07 Posts: 575 Member

@IgnitedTobi1 Is your computer even good at least? Sims 3 is more appropriate for decent computers because it's a good/modern game. For people who come here and say things like this "at least I can play sims 4, sims 3 lags bla bla bla" I say it's no wonder sims 4 runs better, you can't compare a game with good graphics and open world like sims 3, to a game with backwards graphics and loading sreens like the sims 4!!!

One thing is not liking the sims 3 because the sims themselves are more boring than in the other versions of the game (unfortunatelly it is very true and wish they had more life), but other thing is not liking the game because it lags instead of trying to understand first whether the computer is at fault.

I bought a new laptop in 2009, and although it was the year the sims 3 was realeased, I could only play decently with one or two EP's and pratically no CC. Instead of blaming the game, say it lags and the sims 2 is better or whatever, I bought a desktop in 2010 and now I have all EP's but one, and a lot of store and CC content and my game runs well. It's not perfect, I can't still play in worlds like Los Aniegos and it takes me 6/7 minutes to start, but I'd rather play a game with a little lag and wait more time at the beginning than play a game which offers me this:

SemTiacutetulo_zpsc7cf44a9.jpg

instead of this:
    SemTiacutetulo2_zps936ddbca.jpg

Screenshot-1805_zps48910b7a.jpg

In 2012 I've been 3 months without playing the sims 3 because I was living abroad and logically I didn't bring my desktop with me. Did I play it on my lousy laptop? No! Because I know sims 3 can only be enjoyable on a decent computer.

I'm about to go abroad again this time for six months and I'm thinking of buying a new laptop to play sims 3.
    Of course I'd rather buy a cheaper laptop, one of those pretty white ones. But I will not buy one of those and then come here complaing I can't play sims 3.

Maybe I should try to like sims 4 instead, I'm pretty sure my lousy old laptop would be able to run it, it doesn't take much.

If your computer can't handle the sims 3 don't blame the game, buy a new computer and then try to play and see the diference!
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    The thing is TS2 had loading screens too, but it compensated with the best AI the series has ever seen and lots of great content in each expansion pack.

The Sims 4 brought back loading screens, not to compensate for other areas, but because it was a necessity for the game to even exist, with the constraints the developers had.
  • IgnitedTobi1IgnitedTobi1 Posts: 926 Member
    kiara07 wrote: »

@IgnitedTobi1 Is your computer even good at least? Sims 3 is more appropriate for decent computers because it's a good/modern game. For people who come here and say things like this "at least I can play sims 4, sims 3 lags bla bla bla" I say it's no wonder sims 4 runs better, you can't compare a game with good graphics and open world like sims 3, to a game with backwards graphics and loading sreens like the sims 4!!!

One thing is not liking the sims 3 because the sims themselves are more boring than in the other versions of the game (unfortunatelly it is very true and wish they had more life), but other thing is not liking the game because it lags instead of trying to understand first whether the computer is at fault.

Excuse you, I bought my computer last year and it can run some pretty hefty games just fine. So, no, it isn't my computer.
  • EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 2,795 Member
    yeah for my style of gameplay also is important, i don't like games with too muchs breaks in this case the load screens, when i was in the beginner in the sims 4, i was: hmm this game look good, then when i started to play, move my sims, try to travely, and get load screens in face every time, then later when i found which my neighborhood is empty of life(street walkers is jus a fake way to make the place alive), because when i look to others houses and see then empty, or when i see a sim from my neighborhood walking and instead of go back to his house he walk to a point and "disappear" make me sad, then when i find which we dont have storyprogression and i will need to play with every family in game if i want see then have childs make me even more sad, i know we have peoples which love to play with many families, but again this is a option, i like the idea to see others around develop they lifes, could be fun see a sim have a fight in his house then he leave the house mad, then i could get my sim to meet that other to help him and things likes that, which are things which this closed load screens everywhere dont allow, i dont really feel any immersion, if i need to make everything happen, if i can't really explore places without have that load screens in my face.

a very well made with love, disire, competence and profissionalism, game with a good open world, no short cuts, no bad routs, no bad spawns and things like that could really make a awesome game but since maxis dont have none of that things then well we get what we have.
    tumblr_mfiuwmQOLI1qgap4ho1_500.gif
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    edited January 2015
    Clk1143 wrote: »

Not really. I've played since sims 1 without any mods. I have played other EA games too like battlefield and dragon age, no mods. I just don't like taking that risk by using mods made by other players. I have seen some custom content over the years as a gamer made as a virus to purposely ruin player's game and/or computer. I am also a believer in I play my way and you play your way, no one needs to tell someone else they need to play some other way. :smile:

Dragon Age Origin is a buggy mess. You can choose to not use a mod, but then you do miss out on content. My bugfix mod, which is not complete (there's another written by another modder that fixes Morrigan that works in conjunction with this one) http://www.nexusmods.com/dragonage/mods/928/? It's not needed to run the game, mind you, but it helps a lot. That's over 100 bugs listed there, btw.

See, the problem is, the devs, even when they're aware of the bugs, can't always get approval to fix them. Official patches have to go through many layers of approval and they're often worried that if they fix one thing, they'll break another. Their QA is much more difficult as well. I make a mistake, someone tells me and I go and fix it. It's far more complex when it's an official patch.

Edit: Added what I was responding to so it didn't seem completely out of left field.
  • kiara07kiara07 Posts: 575 Member
    edited January 2015
    kiara07 wrote: »

Excuse you, I bought my computer last year and it can run some pretty hefty games just fine. So, no, it isn't my computer.

@IgnitedTobi1
    You could even have bought it yesterday and it wouldn't make a difference, not all computers are appropriated for gaming.
    In 2015 you would think a 800€ computer would be enough to play the sims 3 but unfortunatelly even nowadays there are a lot of lousy laptops for gaming.
    You really have to be carefull with what you buy if want to play sims 3 to its fullest. Next time maybe you could ask someone who understands about informatics. I'm glad I have my brother, he was the one who helped me choose my desktop and he also helped me deciding on the new laptop in case I want to buy a new one.
    Post edited by kiara07 on