Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

boy i miss open world

iv been playing sims 4 since it came out in sept went back to play sims 3 for a day how I miss getting on your horse,bike or car just riding through the streets made me realize how much I hate the loading screens i'm aware we had them in older sim game but we knew nothing else... :(

Comments

• Options
    naomehnaomeh Posts: 367 Member
    Imagine how it'd look on the Sims 4! If they actually drove/rode a reasonable speed, and you could slowly traverse areas. They have some truly gorgeous world designing here. Heck, if you could stop to pick up friends at their houses... wow.

I was just staring at a pond and the wildlife for a good half hour while my sim fished. The outdoor retreat areas especially.~
  • Options
    TakekazeTakekaze Posts: 72 Member
    I don't miss the Sims outside of my control who always got stuck somewhere and increased the lag, or the endless number of cars that spawned, both which could only be fixed with a mod.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    I don't miss Open World because I never stopped playing TS3. I love the whole 'this is my town and I can go where ever I want' attitude rather than the 'please wait a few seconds (or maybe a minute) for us to load the house next door' attitude which seems to be the standard again? It is not the early 2000s no more so why back to closed worlds? Some games had Open World years ago!
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    DiabolicalSimDiabolicalSim Posts: 108 Member
    I didn't appreciate the open world back in the day because my world was always lifeless and empty, after I upgraded my pc and added in some helpful mods it's not a problem for me anymore. It's a shame they didn't fix this right away. It's a potentially brilliant feature that could of been greatly improved. I did miss it when I played TS4, I don't mind loading screens in general but I do when I am faced with too many of them in one short game play session.
  • Options
    naomehnaomeh Posts: 367 Member
    I don't miss Open World because I never stopped playing TS3. I love the whole 'this is my town and I can go where ever I want' attitude rather than the 'please wait a few seconds (or maybe a minute) for us to load the house next door' attitude which seems to be the standard again? It is not the early 2000s no more so why back to closed worlds? Some games had Open World years ago!

My game in Sims 3 felt pretty empty with that big ol open world. Outside of world adventures, I wasn't too fond of it. Spent most time just ffwding until my sim got where they were going, and then watching people crowd in.

It's pretty similar here, except it feels slightly more open to me since neighbors and others are typically walking around outside of the house areas and meandering at the park, etc. People jog by, others stop and do pushups. It feels so lively! There's also small areas around the houses such as small playground / chess areas where you can watch people going about their life. It's really nice.
  • Options
    vcosleyvcosley Posts: 880 Member
    I don't miss the open world, because I went back to playing 3. I just can't do 4 I haven't played since the end of September.
  • Options
    LarryadLarryad Posts: 336 Member
    I miss open worlds as well. I found populating the empty houses in the worlds with my own Sims, alleviated a lot of the emptiness factor.
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    I absolutely love open world, but I would be happy with loading between neighborhoods - especially if the neighborhoods were just a little bigger.
  • Options
    HalloMolliHalloMolli Posts: 2,720 Member
    edited January 2015
    A sandbox game without open world is like a cheeseburger without cheese. So yeah. I wouldn't mind a compromise though because The situation at the moment (loadingscreens everywhere) is described best with the word: catastrophe.
    Post edited by HalloMolli on
    "[...] and everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end."

• Options
    KatsKatsKatsKats Posts: 976 Member
    I liked an open world, or at least its concept, but I didn't like the rabbit holes. I'd prefer to have open shopping with load screens rather than an open world with rabbit holes like in Sims 2.
  • Options
    GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    edited January 2015
    The lack of open world was one of the big things that drove me back to TS3 and to other games that offer more of an open world setting. The copious amount of loading screens just killed TS4 for me. And, even worse, I didn't feel as though there was all that much to do once I got past the loading screen and made it to my destination, so it all seemed like it was for nothing. The park wasn't much more interesting than my Sims' home, so why bother waiting to load it?
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Options
    HalloMolliHalloMolli Posts: 2,720 Member
    edited January 2015
    GabbyGirlJ wrote: »
    And, even worse, there wasn't even much to do once you got past the loading screen to get to your destination, so it all seemed like it was for nothing. The park wasn't much more interesting than my Sims' home, so why bother waiting to load it?

100% this. Loading screens "feel" pointless.

"[...] and everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end."

• Options
    steve7859steve7859 Posts: 3,824 Member
    Yea im starting to miss the open world. Just getting fed up of the loading screens. Even tho the loading screens are quick there still irritating me! I only want to cross the road to visit Cassandra goth!
  • Options
    LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    I wish they had continued with the open world idea ... At least now I wish we could have an open neighborhood, then do a loading screen for downtown.
  • Options
    steve7859steve7859 Posts: 3,824 Member
    LaAbby wrote: »
    I wish they had continued with the open world idea ... At least now I wish we could have an open neighborhood, then do a loading screen for downtown.

Thats a really good idea i agree with you :D
  • Options
    simmingmom1simmingmom1 Posts: 323 Member
    I miss the open world too. So much so, that when I play the Sims, I play TS3. It would even be cool if the immediate neighborhood was open instead of the having to go through the loading screen just to visit your neighbors.
  • Options
    LeslieM25LeslieM25 Posts: 2,766 Member
    Yeah I miss it too. I miss story progression. I don't like that when I move kids out of their house, they won't continue living their sim lives.
    Come check out my poses and more on my Simblr!
    http://lesliem25.tumblr.com/
    GqsONVc.gif
  • Options
    IgnitedTobi1IgnitedTobi1 Posts: 926 Member
    I don't miss it. Not even a little bit. It was so laggy, buggy and crashed on me more times than I can count. It was the worst thing in the sims series and I do not want to see it again unless it is worked on. I want to be able to play my game without worrying about tremendous lags and bugs that riddles The Sims 3.
  • Options
    sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
    I don't miss it. Not even a little bit. It was so laggy, buggy and crashed on me more times than I can count. It was the worst thing in the sims series and I do not want to see it again unless it is worked on. I want to be able to play my game without worrying about tremendous lags and bugs that riddles The Sims 3.

We need the disagree button back.
  • Options
    sam123 wrote: »

We need the disagree button back.

You may not agree but it's the truth. I still can't play my game because it crashes too much.
  • Options
    s2ladolcevitas2ladolcevita Posts: 341 Member

I'm surprised to hear that. It worked decently on my 8 year old outdated-as-heck, no memory/ram space having crud of a laptop with a bunch of CC installed, so I always assumed it must run like a beauty for everyone else.
  • Options

I'm surprised to hear that. It worked decently on my 8 year old outdated-as-heck, no memory/ram space having crud of a laptop with a bunch of CC installed, so I always assumed it must run like a beauty for everyone else.

Not as surprised as I am when I can run Skyrim on my computer just fine without any problems but not TS3. My laptop was new when I put TS3 on it, and yet it still wouldn't function right.
  • Options
    Lynne563Lynne563 Posts: 100 Member
    Lack of an Open world and the loading screens are the main reason I don't play Sims 4, Plus it is a rubbish game.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    slamonda wrote: »
    iv been playing sims 4 since it came out in sept went back to play sims 3 for a day how I miss getting on your horse,bike or car just riding through the streets made me realize how much I hate the loading screens i'm aware we had them in older sim game but we knew nothing else... :(

Or jet skis.
    Screenshot-1499.jpg

But more than that, TS4 is lacking the ability to put lots where you want them, as well as the room. I plopped down a lot on an isolated area and created a camp ground for my sims while at University. This openness allows you to create unique experiences instead of only experiencing what EA creates for you.
    Screenshot-1497.jpg
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 2,795 Member

Not as surprised as I am when I can run Skyrim on my computer just fine without any problems but not TS3. My laptop was new when I put TS3 on it, and yet it still wouldn't function right.
    your problem is easy fixed using the right mods afar i know then this is not a excuse to blame a feature, but you must blame maxis for dont make they work right.
    tumblr_mfiuwmQOLI1qgap4ho1_500.gif