Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

its really not that bad of a game....

Comments

• Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Each Simmer plays the games for different reasons. Sims 4 just doesn't appeal to a majority of Simmers. Like what can appeal to one Simmer might not appeal to another. I wish I could say bad reviews just existed on this site, but they are everywhere even Twitter and Facebook. I just read plenty before deciding to purchase the game. It was because of Simmers yelling and things getting put in with free patches that made me decide on getting the game. I figured if Simmers could get pools into the game, toddlers would come as well. I'm still waiting on that. Hate is a very strong word to use. I think a lot are disappointed even Simmers who tried the Game Time. A large part of the negativity results in people trying to push Simmers into one side of opinion or the other. It was scary, I read a death threat last night on forums and had to report it. Basically no matter what the state of a Sims game is, Simmers should never use it as an excuse to attack or insult other Simmers no matter what side they assume they are on.

What I didn't like the most coming into the Sims forums the first time is that Simmers were attacking my opinion and trying to shove me into one side or another. Point is I always pick neutrality with wars and I don't want to be involved in this forum war. I just want to make suggestions on making the Sims 4 the best possible game for me. I'm tempted to make a Romeo and Juliet Sim in the Sims 4 for the situation. ;)
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member
    Jimil wrote: »
    Seems like there is a war going on in this thread
    tumblr_inline_nin727jOBY1qbel8k.gif

Yeah a war that shouldn't even exist because it's the same negativity over and over from the same people. And it honestly upsets the people who really enjoy the game. Including myself. Every time I go on here and read all the hateful posts it really makes me lose hope in the future of the game even though I am trying to hold on as much as possible. It sounds lame but I do actually get sad when hearing such bad things about this game. :\
    Ok let me use the other side's perspective.

What could upset them is how much you guys like to contradict the truth from their words and turn it into a personal attack by calling them names such as ungrateful, whiny, spoiled brat,

Where did anybody say that? Did I miss something?
    You haven't been observing this forum long enough, I suppose.

I have been here since this forum started. You say "you guys" like its the ones responding to you making those personal attacks. Don't lump us all together. Just like people who dislike the game shouldn't be lumped in with the ones who act like borderline trolls posting hate all over ever thread.
    I've never been called that. Do take note that I use the words: their, them, and other side's perspective. Which means I'm specifically talking about them in which I'm not involved in.

smiley-face-writing.png
    Stop playing with me. I'm not in that mood right now. Try later :expressionless:
  • Options
    Randomness000Randomness000 Posts: 125 Member
    edited January 2015
    Since TS3 and my computer hate each other with a passion, i was kinda forced to get(back) into TS4, i only installed the most recent patch yesterday(i took a LONG break from the game) and im really enjoying it. I just wish TS3 would run better. . .
    fGRb4d2.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    ejoslin wrote: »
    Just because you're not hit with the same bug doesn't mean it doesn't exist and doesn't need to be addressed. I'm a person who likes the game but finds it unplayable due to this bug (and the incest bug).
    The incest bug is still happening? Please let SimsGuruBChick know about it. I was trying to have her look into that bug. I stopped after issues with it after the January patch, but yeah if it's still happening, EA needs to know. Like literally I was trying to make test families to test the relationships on Sims. Multiple bf/gf and step and in-law relationships I found were still issues with the game.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    SimpleIntoxicationSimpleIntoxication Posts: 282 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    I'm tempted to make a Romeo and Juliet Sim in the Sims 4 for the situation. ;)

Hah!! That made me laugh(:
    "Don't wish...Don't start.
    Wishing only wounds the heart."

feca3b79-16b1-4d90-b2f5-1df8ce10c536_zps37cfddca.png?t=1422482021
    Origin ID: Simintoxication
  • Options
    Scobre wrote: »
    I'm tempted to make a Romeo and Juliet Sim in the Sims 4 for the situation. ;)

Hah!! That made me laugh(:
    It's what the forums are missing. Two people in love to stop the war. :) But awesome, I'll check that off my daily goal of making at least one person laugh per day.
  • Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    @catitude5‌ That's what I'm saying though, even if they don't come back its not a big deal if you view this game as a completely different game from the other ones in the series. In my opinion there are so many upsides to very few downsides.
    It's different alright, too different. I'm not seeing an upside. They would have to add so much just to catch up with Sims3, never mind surpassing it. I can't do what I want with this game. Trying to do stories is extremely difficult.

• Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    I love the sims 4. It's the best one yet. But I'm really starting to hate the haters, especially those who have not even played the game. The "Omg, I'm so bored i can't do anything"-statement i really don't understand. People must really have tunnel vision if they think that about the sims 4. There's not been a base game yet that is more fleshed out with more things to do and that's a fact.

What's even worse is the lack of constructive criticism. Fine you're bored, but more than likely that has nothing to do with the game and more to do with you.
    If you want a game to improve you need to encourage it, basic psychology. I just hope the developers are listening to us who like the game and not to those who hate it and don't play it. Our opinions and critisism are worth more than theirs.
    I've played it since Sep., you want us to encourage the game, how exactly? Does it look like they are listening to us? They just did what they wanted to do, and to heck with us if we didn't like it. Sims4, the best one yet? You've got to be kidding.

• Options
    Allspice1232Allspice1232 Posts: 3,234 Member
    edited January 2015
    catitude5 wrote: »
    @catitude5‌ That's what I'm saying though, even if they don't come back its not a big deal if you view this game as a completely different game from the other ones in the series. In my opinion there are so many upsides to very few downsides.
    It's different alright, too different. I'm not seeing an upside. They would have to add so much just to catch up with Sims3, never mind surpassing it. I can't do what I want with this game. Trying to do stories is extremely difficult.

It is? I'm not even a story teller and I find myself coming up with stories for my TS4 sims and playing them out. It's not that hard. XD

Maybe it's more difficult if you don't like the game? But if you don't like it, don't play it.

OT: I agree it's not a bad game. I've played worse and I've seen other people play much worse. See the Duck Dynasty video game that came out last year and was a part of many people's worst of lists.
    34336_s.gif
  • Options
    blueasbutterflyblueasbutterfly Posts: 3,425 Member

It is? I'm not even a story teller and I find myself coming up with stories for my TS4 sims and playing them out. It's not that hard. XD

Maybe it's more difficult if you don't like the game? But if you don't like it, don't play it.

It's difficult to write a story about certain types of Sims because they keep acting over the top and ridiculous. One of my sims was meant to be based on a character from my story, and I deleted the save because he's an very serious, solitary sort of person. Only the sim-him couldn't be serious or solitary. :(
    toddlersig3_zps62792e0c.jpg
  • Options

I guess its different for every person, but for me this is the only game I have been coming up with stories for xD

@Rflong7‌ , my signature is against EA. I don't like the way they operate. The ones I'm defending are the gurus, the people who personally work on the game. And I think you might have misread my post...I wasn't "hating the haters" I was saying that we need less hate and more positive influences than negative

• Options
    Lollipop234Lollipop234 Posts: 251 Member
    Yes, it's not that bad, and I kinda enjoy it because it suits my playstyle and the flaws that Sims 4 has are nothing that make the game unplayable to me. I love the look of the Sims and CAS. The new build mode, the emotions and the multitasking are features that I love abput the Sims 4.
    But sometimes I get really frustrated because it is clear that there are a lot of things missing and sometimes it feels empty and boring. I hate that there's not really much to do. I really miss open world, toddler, family trees and everything else that was in Sims 3... things that made the game better and they were just left out in the Sims 4 ... Because they had less time and probably a much smaller budget for the Sims 4 than they had with the Sims 3.
    I really don't blame the Sim gurus, because they really seem to try to make the game the best they possibly can. The problem is that they are severely restricted by EA, they are given deadlines and a budget that probably is way to small (especially now that the Sims 4 isn't selling too well)... they can't really do much and have to decide what they want to inplement and which features they can't have in the game. It's really sad that they don't get enough resources to implement all the essential features that the game needs. It was worth it for the Sims 3 so it would have been worth it for the Sims 4.

I can understand all the people that complain on the forums because I partly feel this way too.
    I'm playing the Sims since day 1.
    I hate my username (Please forgive my younger self)
    Origin ID: VanillaxSimmer
    Raines legacy family tree

Visit my simblr!
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member

I guess its different for every person, but for me this is the only game I have been coming up with stories for xD

@Rflong7‌ , my signature is against EA. I don't like the way they operate. The ones I'm defending are the gurus, the people who personally work on the game. And I think you might have misread my post...I wasn't "hating the haters" I was saying that we need less hate and more positive influences than negative

Actually, I felt like you were putting down TS2 and TS3 to raise TS4. Which means I can't agree with your comments about TS4 being so customizable in CAS.

You're confusing me... People work for EA- EA is Maxis- Maxis made the game. Maxis decides what is and isn't going to make the game cut. Maxis decided- the people, the Gurus in Maxis decided what is and isn't going into this game. Color me confused.

• Options
    KatiardguezKatiardguez Posts: 640 Member
    edited January 2015
    @SimpleIntoxication:

What might not be important features for you might be very important to others. I do agree to the fact that The Sims 4 is a brand new game and it has potential to become so much greater than what it at this moment but thats is only if Ea and the whole Sims creators doesn't continue with the path of the easy way out and laziness.

If Ea feels that the game has failed, they only have themselves to blame because if they truly had listened at least to the half of the sims fan base they wouldn't be on this situation, where they are now supposedly desperate to rectify their mistakes.

@Kayleigh_j_p:

With all the bugs that the sims 3 base game has if you honestly look and compare the features of the game with the sims 4, you can truly see that the sims 4 base game would be a downgrade. I dont even try to look and compare the sims 2 to the sims 4 for the only fact that the sims 4 would be losing to the sims 2 by so much more than a thousand miles to say the least.

I bought the sims 4 since it was released and so far I do enjoy playing the game since I don't see it as a sequel to the other versions. I much prefer to see it as a new game even though it doesn't blind me from the fact that Ea and developers were very lazy with the creation of the game. With the technology of this generation The sims 4 had a lot of potential to be an amazing game from the beginning but it wasn't, it just another average game to play if you had nothing to do and are truly bored.

I do believe and remain hopeful that still has a shot to be an amazing game but that all depends if Ea and developers stops being lazy, and truly starts to listen to the features that the worldwide fans would like see in the game instead of them continuing to pretend to know what the fans wants. Until then I will continue to play The Sims 4 and hope that "Things Change" for the better and not for the worse.

• Options
    Rflong7 wrote: »

Actually, I felt like you were putting down TS2 and TS3 to raise TS4. Which means I can't agree with your comments about TS4 being so customizable in CAS.

You're confusing me... People work for EA- EA is Maxis- Maxis made the game. Maxis decides what is and isn't going to make the game cut. Maxis decided- the people, the Gurus in Maxis decided what is and isn't going into this game. Color me confused.

The gurus are trying to get what we want into the game, they are just restricted by the way EA operates with their deadlines and their budget as @Lollipop234‌ said.

And I was definitely not putting down TS2 and 3, I absolutely love them. I was just noting something that I felt is better in 4 than in either of the predecessors.

• Options
    Lollipop234Lollipop234 Posts: 251 Member

Like I said, EA basically has controll over thengame and the simgurus, because EA decides how much money and time they will get to make the game.
    Imagine you want to bake a great cake but all you get is some flour and milk ... there's not much to do with that.
    They had to throw out all these features because they didn't get enough time and money. They had to focus on certain parts of the game like CAS, build mode and the multitasking system.
    I'm playing the Sims since day 1.
    I hate my username (Please forgive my younger self)
    Origin ID: VanillaxSimmer
    Raines legacy family tree

Visit my simblr!
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member

The gurus are trying to get what we want into the game, they are just restricted by the way EA operates with their deadlines and their budget as @Lollipop234‌ said.

And I was definitely not putting down TS2 and 3, I absolutely love them. I was just noting something that I felt is better in 4 than in either of the predecessors.

See, I don't believe that. Games have always~ Always~ had deadlines and budgets. We don't know what the budget was for TS4, we only assume because some Gurus keep saying things are too expensive and time consuming. Is it true? I don't know... maybe they just don't want them or have different game plans. I'm noting going to give them an out by blaming anyone else.
  • Options

See, I don't believe that. Games have always~ Always~ had deadlines and budgets. We don't know what the budget was for TS4, we only assume because some Gurus keep saying things are too expensive and time consuming. Is it true? I don't know... maybe they just don't want them or have different game plans. I'm noting going to give them an out by blaming anyone else.

I don't think the gurus would lie to us...so far if something may not happen they just remain silent on the matter. Saying "its too expensive and time consuming" is an actual reason as opposed to the usual silence.

• Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    You know I really see more than "two sides" here in the forums.
    There are the people will love this game no matter what it has or doesn't have.

I see people who like the game but think it needs improvement.

I see people who have bought it, played and disliked it and are hoping for improvement.

I see people who no matter what the game has or doesn't have they will dislike it.

In between those I see many shades of gray.

As far as posting the same things over and over sometimes it takes an ongoing dialog to achieve any time of change.

I do think though that the things that are posted should be constructive criticism. There is too much manufactured outrage going on here. Little snippets of information are pounced upon and dissected to prove or disprove a point. This I do blame on EA. Being forthcoming with information would help the situation.......then again if the information is not to a particular players liking it could start a new storm so just maybe no information is best. I'm not privy to the inside workings of EA so I don't know what the thought process is.

As far as constructive criticism.... come here and talk about what you don't like and suggest what could be done to change things to make the game better. Just plain snarky remarks about the TS4 team, the game and the Gurus are are not constructive. It's just being mean.

I'm in the group of people who dislike the game as it stands and am hoping for some improvements. My dislike is not 'missing stuff' but the basic game play. I miss my sandbox, I can't stand the constant pop ups of lessons, little tutorials, reminders and notifications. I feel like I'm being led to play in a way I don't want to. I honestly don't know if the things I dislike can be changed or not. I'm hoping that with tweaks and patches maybe it will become acceptable to me. As it stands now I won't be plowing the same kind of money into it that I have in the past generations of the game.

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    JoshLuck95JoshLuck95 Posts: 10 New Member
    i agree, its not that bad of a game to be fair
  • Options
    TheNestTheNest Posts: 117 Member
    edited January 2015

OT: I agree it's not a bad game. I've played worse and I've seen other people play much worse. See the Duck Dynasty video game that came out last year and was a part of many people's worst of lists.

The other big issue is that the Gallery, which is supposed to take place of the Exchange for TS1-3, doesn't allow players to upload stories to it. You would think that EA would allow players to do that given their original "Weirder stories" campaign, but what's good of that if you have to upload the stories to a third-party website? And yes, I know that the Exchange had a lot of awful stories with the typical cliched teenage tropes, but somewhere to upload stories is better than nothing.

As for me, my issues with the game, aside from things mentioned already, is the use of "pretend" features because the actual features would be "too hard" or "too expensive" to implement. Sprinklers replace firemen, but are no where as responsive as the TS2 sprinklers. Babies get warped off the lot to "daycare" in place of babysitters or nannies. When you want to cook something, funds get deducted from your family each time, this is going back to TS1! You can't even meet people at school or work, like you could in the previous games.

There were also features that were added on that people didn't necessarily ask for. Who asked for walk styles to make their sims walk around like 🐸🐸🐸🐸? Who asked for sims being able to die from emotions?

Also, the premade families in TS4 are nowhere as fleshed out as the ones in the previous games. Johnny Zest was said to have been disowned by the Landgraabs, but he doesn't even know of them, and doesn't consider them to be family. That means that incest (according to the story, but not the game) is possible! Don Lothario being thrown in with the Caliente family, as well as the twins having a new mother felt tacked on. The whole deal about TS4 taking place in an alternate storyline feels like one massive cop out too.
  • Options
    HephaestionHephaestion Posts: 1,445 Member
    sims 4... almost as good as simcity, but not as fun as kidney stones.
  • Options
    JoshLuck95 wrote: »
    i agree, its not that bad of a game to be fair

Its so strange seeing this little tiny post after everyone starting a war and writing paragraphs xD

• Options
    blueasbutterflyblueasbutterfly Posts: 3,425 Member

All it would take to get us to shut up would be to tell us what they're working on, in that case. To show us we are being heard, instead of just saying so, (and I'm aware this isn't the gurus who are choosing not to say anything,) but right now the only way I feel heard is when I'm discussing things on the forum, and all we can do is hope they really do hear us. We have gotten a lot of mixed messages, too, about may or may not be possible - it's very confusing and really upsetting. For example, if what they say is true about how culling works making it impossible to add a family tree, that would be the end of the sims 4 for me. I'd probably leave the forum, too. Depending on what the first expansion is, I might do the same, if it confirms that the game isn't going in a direction that would ever make it playable. But for now, we don't know. So instead of giving up and leaving, I'm waiting and hoping. And meanwhile, the gurus have said the feedback is helpful and that they read it, so I'm adding my voice to the choir.

I have a feeling that once they clarify a few things, there will be an uproar and then a lot of us will be gone. Lots of people say they're willing to wait through February. Others have already left. So I'm sure the forums won't stay like this forever.
    toddlersig3_zps62792e0c.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top