Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

its really not that bad of a game....

SimpleIntoxicationSimpleIntoxication Posts: 282 Member
I find Sims 4 to be quite fun...I enjoy the emotions because they make for an interesting gameplay, and the way the Sims look? Wow! They're beautiful. The #1 reason I got this game was because of the pretty much fully customizable CAS...being able to drag their features exactly how you want them? Makes for many more unique Sims. With 2 and 3 pretty much all we had were some presets, and with 3 there were sliders, but that doesn't beat what we have with 4.
Also, the ability to change aspirations! I love that! Its more realistic because normal people don't choose just one thing they want for their entire life. Also, it makes playing with children more fun in my opinion. The different childhood aspirations gives me a goal to work toward. I'm currently trying to get at least one child to fulfill all the aspirations....because why not?
Yeah, it stinks that theres no toddlers and open world, but that's not really as big of a deal to me as it seems to be to other simmers...I don't get frustrated really because I began to view this game as a completely new game rather than as a continuation of the Sims series. It really helps with being able to enjoy the good aspects of it (for there are many), instead of focusing on the downsides.

I feel as if there is a huge bandwagon in regards to TS4. People feel like they have to hate it because it seems like everyone else does. I myself have fallen prey to this mindset while reading people's opinions, but then I went back and played again and thought "hmm, its really not so bad..."

The fact of the matter is, EA took a new approach to the game which, apparently, failed. They can see that they failed and all they can do now is try to make it better, and they ARE trying. Because of the games' horrible reception, the budget is now quite low. Its going to be harder to fix the base game AND release an expansion, which seems to be what the simmers are demanding. They can't please everyone. All they can do is their best.

So instead of complaining about what we don't like and what might not be able to be changed, let's focus on what we DO like and maybe everyone will be able to enjoy the game more. The simgurus can hear us and they know what we want. Telling them a trillion times the same thing isn't going to accomplish anything.
"Don't wish...Don't start.
Wishing only wounds the heart."

feca3b79-16b1-4d90-b2f5-1df8ce10c536_zps37cfddca.png?t=1422482021
Origin ID: Simintoxication

Comments

• Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    I don't see where they ARE trying. Honestly I'm strongly thinking about going back to Sims3, and much of what is missing in 4 will never return. True, I think the Sims themselves are amazing, but the world is horrible. I don't see toddlers ever coming back.
  • Options
    xbecky685xxbecky685x Posts: 323 Member
    I agree with everything you have said. I love the sims 4 and I can't wait to see what else comes :) x
    Gallery xbecky685x
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    @catitude5‌ That's what I'm saying though, even if they don't come back its not a big deal if you view this game as a completely different game from the other ones in the series. In my opinion there are so many upsides to very few downsides.

• Options
    kayleigh_j_pkayleigh_j_p Posts: 27 New Member
    edited January 2015
    Its not at all. This forum has just turned into a Sims 4 circlej**k and its getting really dull. Yeah the Sims 4 has flaws, but its only just come out, there's plenty of time for improvements and additions. I feel like people just want a Sims 3 with some improvements, I'm not gonna pay all that money for a new game that's just a slightly upgraded Sims 3. Imo that game is much more flawed than Sims 4, particularly those god awful loading times, UGH.
  • Options
    meganalyssa94meganalyssa94 Posts: 199 Member
    ^^^^ THIS! Starting to think the group of people who actually like the game is getting smaller and smaller from all the negativity lately. Although I suppose they're probably just too busy actually enjoying their game to be posting on the forums. And afraid of their opinion getting shot down by the rudeness of others who have differing opinions.

I always feel really bad for the gurus too when everyone is like shouting at them about missing things and how much they don't like the game. They're only humans, not robots so they can only generate things as fast as they are already trying. People are expecting so much immediately after we already got some new content. Patience is key here cuz you know the gurus will definitely let us know ahead of time when to be expecting an EP or other content. Criticism is discouraging sometimes and screaming at the gurus constantly probably doesn't put them in such a wonderful game developing mood. :\
  • Options
    jaxie086jaxie086 Posts: 1,920 Member
    I have complete faith in the sims team. I think it's filled with talented developers. I have zero faith in EA. And there lies the problem lol
  • Options
    sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    I agree OP! Great post :)
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    I'm not sure that the best selling point for Sims 4 is "I hated Sims 3's bugs and they never fixed them." Truthfully, the loading screens in Sims 4, despite me liking the game, makes older saves pretty much unplayable for me. I'd rather have 1 3-4 minute loading screen than many 1 minute loading screens.

I hope Sims 4 gets fixed, because there is a lot good in it.
  • Options
    IgnitedTobi1IgnitedTobi1 Posts: 926 Member
    I feel the same way, and with the forums the way it is now I am almost tempted to just leave. I enjoy my game with everything it has to give and am excited/hopeful for more stuff they'll come out. The negativity is really hard to ignore when it's being tossed around the forum lately, but... I'm going to try my best to remain positive :)
  • Options
    ejoslin wrote: »
    Truthfully, the loading screens in Sims 4, despite me liking the game, makes older saves pretty much unplayable for me.

That's one of the biggest complaints, but honestly if you've got even an average processor the loading screens only take a couple seconds. If they're taking forever its a problem with the processor in your computer, not with the game

• Options
    Truthfully, the loading screens in Sims 4, despite me liking the game, makes older saves pretty much unplayable for me.

That's one of the biggest complaints, but honestly if you've got even an average processor the loading screens only take a couple seconds. If they're taking forever its a problem with the processor in your computer, not with the game

Yeah, that's what I've been saying too. They literally take 5 seconds tops in my game.
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    CloverreaCloverrea Posts: 134 Member
    It's crazy how true I think this is:
    ^^^^ THIS! Starting to think the group of people who actually like the game is getting smaller and smaller from all the negativity lately. Although I suppose they're probably just too busy actually enjoying their game to be posting on the forums. And afraid of their opinion getting shot down by the rudeness of others who have differing opinions.

Honestly if I wasn't working and at home I would be playing the game and not spending as much time on the forums.. Only reason i go on here is when I have nothing to do at work... lol

There is sooooo much potential for this game that I can see. When I transitioned onto this forum from the previous ones it was disappointing to see all the negativity... I understand some are people who are disappointed and voicing their opinions which is fair but some people have stuck around continuing to make the same negative point over and over. It makes it hard to enjoy the forum. Maybe one of the reasons you feel the group of simmers who love the game is getting smaller is because they have started to leave the forum and like you said played the game.

That aside, as a long time simmer from the start I really enjoy the Sims 4 and love that Sims 2 feel :)

• Options
    blueasbutterflyblueasbutterfly Posts: 3,425 Member
    I simply don't enjoy the sims 4 as it is. Which is why I'm here. Not to be hateful, not jumping on a bandwagon. I am waiting to see whether they bring back elements of the game that would make it fun for me. It's totally valid not to like something. At least there are some of us willing to wait and see. Or would you rather that all the disappointed folks took their money elsewhere, leaving the full burden of future development on the shoulders of *only* the people who think it's fine as it is?
    toddlersig3_zps62792e0c.jpg
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    edited January 2015

No, that is not true. I have two systems, and after a save is about 80 hours old, the loading screens are up to a minute.

My desktop has an i7, my laptop has an i5. Both have the OS and Sims 4 on an SSD. It's not my computers.

This is what is so frustrating to me. There's a genuine problem, and people keep saying it's my system when it is not. Many people have this problem, and brushing it off is NOT going to make it go away.

Edit: It's not a memory issue as my desktop has 16GB of RAM and my laptop has 12GB of ram.

Even the devs aren't acknowledging this, and it's going to get worse instead of better as more content is added in unless it is addressed in a serious way.

The loading screens are fast at first, it's just as the save gets older, they get longer. If it were really my systems unable to handle them (despite being well above the recommended requirements), then they would always be slow instead of fast at first and then bogged down.
  • Options

No, that is not true. I have two systems, and after a save is about 80 hours old, the loading screens are up to a minute.

My desktop has an i7, my laptop has an i5. Both have the OS and Sims 4 on an SSD. It's not my computers.

This is what is so frustrating to me. There's a genuine problem, and people keep saying it's my system when it is not. Many people have this problem, and brushing it off is NOT going to make it go away.

I have been playing the same save since the game came out and my loading screens and nowhere near a minute long.
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    I simply don't enjoy the sims 4 as it is. Which is why I'm here. Not to be hateful, not jumping on a bandwagon. I am waiting to see whether they bring back elements of the game that would make it fun for me. It's totally valid not to like something. At least there are some of us willing to wait and see. Or would you rather that all the disappointed folks took their money elsewhere, leaving the full burden of future development on the shoulders of *only* the people who think it's fine as it is?

No that's not what I'm saying at all. My reason for this post was the people who keep bringing up the same negative points over and over again, when other simmers AND the gurus already know what the problem is. Theres no point in yelling at the gurus with the same negativity. New problems, fine, but the same ones? Over and over? All they're doing is discouraging the people working on the game.

• Options
    IgnitedTobi1IgnitedTobi1 Posts: 926 Member
    I have an i3 laptop and my loading screen times are very small. Hmmm, this is really something that needs to look into, for sure.
  • Options
    butterflyarashibutterflyarashi Posts: 61 Member
    I can't speak for everyone, but I think the majority of the people who dislike the game are comparing it too much to the other ones. If I had to pick Sims 2 would be my favorite, by far, but I do like them all. The thing I hated the most was that when they first put it out, you couldnt build pools. Since I'm a bit odd, I won't build a house without a pool I just didn't build a pool. There are elements in each game that the others don't have that I like. I think I am babbling now so I will just get off my soap box.
  • Options
    ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I think most of the people who are here (yes, even the ones who may seem very negative about Sims 4) because they actually want this game to be improved so much that all could enjoy it. I really like the game, I really do, and I understand that it needs many changes as soon as possible, but I don't like how can people be so negative to each other in this community. We should all be positive and kind to each other and talk about things we LOVE in The Sims series. :)
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    To me TS4 is a collection of really great features--many that touch on what's missing from TS3, but it's not coming together to make a great base game for me, as I like looking at it and watching my sims interact, but I have no interest in playing out their lives or family life because of missing features, a compressed world, and too much scripted game play.

It is often said the game has potential. It does, because it isn't finished as a base game should be. I am waiting for it to finally arrive to some level of true playability.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    artheuxartheux Posts: 3 New Member
    I believe that mostly bad criticism about The Sims 4 is a mouth-to-mouth that corrupts people into thinking the game is bad before actually playing it. The old "it is bad, my friend said so!". And that adds with people that genuinely didn't like the game, what is not surprising since everyone has its own taste.

A game doesn't need to enhance all the features when a new sequel comes up. Because you could jump high before, doesn't means that you should jump higher now. You have to forget the past sometimes, quite complaining and enjoy the amazing new and valuable features that this new one has and that also will have!
  • Options
    SummersBuffSummersBuff Posts: 74 Member
    edited January 2015
    That's great that you can enjoy the game. I cannot get into all the features you like about this game. I'm personally more into TS2/3 and find this newest one to be a major disappointment. I am liking the overall reception towards it because it illustrates just how dissatisfied fans are. It's great when fans can voice their opinions so that they'll know where to go in the future.

I will say that I do like CAS. I wish it had the color wheel from TS3 but for what it is CAS is pretty epic. This is the only feature about the game I enjoy. Sadly I don't create sims only to upload pictures of them on tumblr...I create sims to live their lives out in anyway I choose...which is limited won't this game.

What's even more frustrating is that the game isn't complete and it supposed to get better with EPs. If they can patch the game to complete an actual base game then I will be pleased. I believe they should fix the base before releasing any EP.
  • Options
    KhyanLeikasKhyanLeikas Posts: 857 Member

So instead of complaining about what we don't like and what might not be able to be changed, let's focus on what we DO like and maybe everyone will be able to enjoy the game more. The simgurus can hear us and they know what we want. Telling them a trillion times the same thing isn't going to accomplish anything.

As if it has not already tried ...
    tumblr_inline_moia2177ff1qz4rgp.gif

I will not love a game to please you. I tried and I didn't like it. That's all.
    What we "do" like isn't necessarily what other people like. And even if we like it, other unpleasant things in the game make the game unlovable even with its few "qualities". I can't accept a game overpriced with all the lacks content and whatever.
  • Options
    domestictipudomestictipu Posts: 233 Member
    I love the sims 4. It's the best one yet. But I'm really starting to hate the haters, especially those who have not even played the game. The "Omg, I'm so bored i can't do anything"-statement i really don't understand. People must really have tunnel vision if they think that about the sims 4. There's not been a base game yet that is more fleshed out with more things to do and that's a fact.

What's even worse is the lack of constructive criticism. Fine you're bored, but more than likely that has nothing to do with the game and more to do with you.
    If you want a game to improve you need to encourage it, basic psychology. I just hope the developers are listening to us who like the game and not to those who hate it and don't play it. Our opinions and critisism are worth more than theirs.
    wedding%2Bhobo.png
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top