Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Expansion Delayed to FY 2016

Comments

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    TheNest wrote: »
    Even the gallery is vastly superior to the exchange and other stuff we downloaded from.

The TS4 Gallery doesn't allow players to even upload stories to it like with the TS3, TS2, and even TS1 Exchange. And it doesn't allow video uploading either like the TS3 Exchange. You would think that a Sims game would have this, given that the feature wasn't intentionally created, but they left it in because the community would benefit from it. (IIRC, Maxis added screenshot taking in TS1 as a debugging tool, but left it in the game to allow player to make stories)

What I meant is the speed as to how fast you can drop stuff into your game and library. It just takes a second.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I like TS3 I really do but it takes my pc a long time to load the game and that's even bypassing the launcher.
  • Options
    blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    :disagree: Found the perfect emotioncon
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    HollowVoid wrote: »
    I believe you quoted me by mistake.

I tend to skip past posts sometimes, so I didn't see the original, but noticed it quoted in your post, and just quoted all of that.
    Sorry.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    RARAWRARAW Posts: 863 Member
    All I know is that when toddlers (with other very important features) come out I'm gonna break it down and pray this forum changes for the better.
    This will be me.
    tumblr_mziblgiYrQ1t8t89io1_500.gif
    This will be me too.
    tumblr_ni7883sflv1swxb16o1_400.gif

I'm serious guys is always the same people, including me. Like if we are in in two different cults. Same people are always negative and upset (like me), like if we are in a cult or something. Then we also got the positive people always trying to look at the good side in everything in another cult. Then we got those who switches cults. Nothing wrong with that, just I noticed a pattern... and I wish we would be more lovable sometimes. lol
    tumblr_n5dt2fzXjY1s7xoeto1_500.gif
  • Options
    baddazonerbaddazoner Posts: 573 Member
    edited January 2015
    nilanius wrote: »
    DeadFishy wrote: »
    If there is no new content for the game until 2016 then I officially give up. I can't last on the game the way it is currently for more than 30mins. The social interaction is so effing boring.

There will be gamepacks I"m sure.

Even if there is gamepacks, I refuse to buy content that should of been in the base game to begin with. I for one will not encourage EA to sell folks incomplete products to sell the stuff that should of been in release for extra. To me, it's like buying a brand new computer desk, all nice and packed in the box. You open the box up, there's the instructions booklet, and 50% of the desk, and no screws, nails or anything. And in the booklet it says "You need to order the remaining parts to complete your desk from our site and pay an additional fee".

To that business practice, I say ANY company that does that, deserves to crash and burn. And hopefully, like the phoenix, will arise anew, and wont be as corrupt. So if that is their practice from here on out, count me out. And companies that are getting away with it, and fans angry about it, but continue forking over their money, in that case, the fans are to blame as much as the company. Me, I prefer to lead by example. My money is going to projects far more complete and deserving.

practically every company is getting away with it because gamers buy anything they put out it's 100% the fans fault.. These companies wouldn't get away with it if people stopped buying the overpriced DLC and demanded a more complete game in the first place.

not to mention games coming out filled to the brim with bugs i know no software if bug free but the state many recent games have been is disgusting no other industry could get away with it.

more and more games are coming out half baked and the remainder is sold in DLC it will continue to be like this until people stop buying into it

• Options
    nilaniusnilanius Posts: 1,984 Member
    baddazoner wrote: »
    nilanius wrote: »
    DeadFishy wrote: »
    If there is no new content for the game until 2016 then I officially give up. I can't last on the game the way it is currently for more than 30mins. The social interaction is so effing boring.

There will be gamepacks I"m sure.

Even if there is gamepacks, I refuse to buy content that should of been in the base game to begin with. I for one will not encourage EA to sell folks incomplete products to sell the stuff that should of been in release for extra. To me, it's like buying a brand new computer desk, all nice and packed in the box. You open the box up, there's the instructions booklet, and 50% of the desk, and no screws, nails or anything. And in the booklet it says "You need to order the remaining parts to complete your desk from our site and pay an additional fee".

To that business practice, I say ANY company that does that, deserves to crash and burn. And hopefully, like the phoenix, will arise anew, and wont be as corrupt. So if that is their practice from here on out, count me out. And companies that are getting away with it, and fans angry about it, but continue forking over their money, in that case, the fans are to blame as much as the company. Me, I prefer to lead by example. My money is going to projects far more complete and deserving.

practically every company is getting away with it because gamers buy anything they put out it's 100% the fans fault.. These companies wouldn't get away with it if people stopped buying the overpriced DLC and demanded a more complete game in the first place.

not to mention games coming out filled to the brim with bugs i know no software if bug free but the state many recent games have been is disgusting..no other industry could get away with it

more and more games are coming out half baked and the remainder is sold in DLC

That means the players of games, need to stake a step back, and stop encouraging that practice. I for one vow never again. Especially with today's economy, The Sims 4 has taught me a valuable lesson: Tighten the wallet and wait to see how the product is after reviews. They say it takes 1 person to step up and say no, for the crowd to follow suit. I for one am saying No. No more of that practice. If the company wants to be greedy, then they get to have poor sales, because they for one will not get my money.

Whenever I make a future purchase, I am going to be holding game companies to a high standard. By high standard, I mean on the level of Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn. A company that talks to its fans. Lays out the plans going forward, without spoiling stuff. That releases a 100% complete title that will keep me excited to play for years on end, with regular content added over time. I believe we players need to start holding game companies accountable, or they are going to be in the market of robbing us blind.
    tumblr_static_plumbob.gif
    My current feelings about The Sims 4. Here is hoping The Sims 5 can restore The Sims franchise.
  • Options
    blaznfalcnblaznfalcn Posts: 731 Member
    Honestly there should be laws that prevents these studios to get away with sending out unfinished and broken games. When the studios get hit with a heavy fine for doing this it will stop this nonsense.
    Like @InannaWintermoon said. Time for lemon laws for games.
    "Laziness is a state of mind, not necessarily a lack of action"
    ZY6USJj.gif
  • Options
    Crunchie885Crunchie885 Posts: 529 Member
    Can EA do me a favor and delay the EP forever... Then they can start on TS5 :)
  • Options
    I'm so ready for TS5, the sooner we move from this angry poo the better we all be
    ZY6USJj.gif
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Well this is a bit of a bummer. At least fiscal year 2016 starts on April 1, but that's still far off! Hopefully this will give them time to make it great.

gamespot.com/articles/ea-sports-pga-tour-game-sims-4-expansion-delayed/1100-6424930/#livefyre

Hopefully, they also patch in everything that's missing...
  • Options
    IgnitedTobi1IgnitedTobi1 Posts: 926 Member
    I don't want the sims 5 yet. I'm still satisfied with this game, but I guess I don't matter.
  • Options
    Crunchie885Crunchie885 Posts: 529 Member
    blaznfalcn wrote: »
    I'm so ready for TS5, the sooner we move from this angry poo the better we all be
    Me when I found out that the EP might be delayed:
    tumblr_inline_n5g6cvkGv91ran3h5.gif

• Options
    I don't want the sims 5 yet. I'm still satisfied with this game, but I guess I don't matter.

No one is saying you don't matter. However I got a question for you. Which would you prefer:

A. An ice cream cone that has no ice cream in it

or

B. An Ice cream cone with two scoops of your favorite ice cream in it

Right now, The Sims 4 is missing the ice cream, you are holding just the cone. Wouldn't you rather have the ice cream in it for free, rather than the sales person saying the ice cream itself will cost you extra? That is to say, wouldn't you like a game so complete, it actually is better than the sims 1, 2 and 3's base games combined? This is what myself and others want. We want a complete game that many of us paid for. A game that we all can enjoy.

Unfortunately, the cone that is the sims 4, is already damaged. It's split in half, and if you put ice cream in it now, it would simply spill everywhere, and to add insult to injury, you will have paid extra for that ice cream in hopes of having a complete ice cream cone. In all honesty, I do not believe the sims 4 can be salvaged. The cracks is from the limitations and insane amounts of bugs. A lot of people want a replacement cone and a cone that comes with the ice cream in it.

Why settle for a broken cone when you can have the whole deal in 1 package? I for one want a quality product for what I paid. Unfortunately I did not get a quality product. This upsets me because it feels like highway robbery. Especially if they intend to make me pay for stuff that should of been in the base game. I'm not asking for stuff that is usually reserved for expansions. Heck I'd be willing to pay for that stuff, if the game came with the most basic things the previous sims titles had.

A sequel should first be equivalent to previous base games in content, and add to, and improve what the other games had. Look at the history of The Sims franchise itself:

The Sims 1 - An amazing game for it's time. It started a sensation

The Sims 2 - Took what the sims 1 base game had, improved upon it substantially in all areas. It took the series away from 2D, to 3D. We had more age groups, more build tools, more things for our sims to do, more customization. It truly was the most epic sequel to date.

The Sims 3 - Took what The Sims 1 and 2 did, yes it cut a few minor things, like diving boards for swimming pools, animations of sims getting in/out of cars, but what it added was more sim customization, an open world, create-a-style, improved build tools. It was a good sequel to the franchise.

The Sims 4 - did not take what the sims 1, 2 or 3 had. In fact it cut out over half the content that made the games great. And it added 3 new features, an improved create-a-sim, new build tools for picking up and shaping rooms and moving entire houses, and the emotion system, though the emotions do change too often. In the end, the game regressed beyond the sims 1. It had less stability, less content, and shortcuts taken like crazy. The verdict is in, and the sims 4 is not a good sequel to the franchise. And this is reflected in sales numbers, the fact that a guru begged people to try it out, and now a delay on the next expansion.

You know what we want? We want everything the sims 1, 2 and 3 had to offer, and improved upon those games. Give us a game with a heavy sims 2 lean, with sims 3's customization and open world, the sims 4's create a sim, and the way we can pick up and move rooms and houses in build mode. Wouldn't you love to have a game that gives you far far more? That is what we want.
    My current feelings about The Sims 4. Here is hoping The Sims 5 can restore The Sims franchise.
  • Options
    blaznfalcn wrote: »
    Me when I found out that the EP might be delayed:
    tumblr_inline_n5g6cvkGv91ran3h5.gif

Same here...
    HIXRIro.gif

ZY6USJj.gif
  • Options
    Devynsims00Devynsims00 Posts: 3,392 Member
    This game keeps getting more and more... amazing?

iHCKbqQ.gif

I thought the Game Pack was great... maybe some more will come out & keep me entertained until the EP is released (if ever?)

Guess I can always turn back to TS3 or keep blowing stuff up in ME3 :D
    OJGRGDT.gif
  • Options
    CipherMandyCipherMandy Posts: 524 Member
    I am perfectly okay with them delaying the expansion. Especially if that means, they will work out the kinks and make it to absolute perfection. If I had to choose between a half-baked expansion three weeks from now, or a complete one in five or six months...I'll take the latter.
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    If only there was a way to go back and time and stop myself from wasting $80 on this game....
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    EAfan99 wrote: »
    If only there was a way to go back and time and stop myself from wasting $80 on this game....

Same! I'd tell myself "That $70 can get you the many of the sims 3 expansions you lack!", if I could go back in time and do it, I totally would.
  • Options
    Hinnoriel Hinnoriel Posts: 118 Member
    edited January 2015
    I'm excited this is great news to me! Whatever the ep is its gonna puke rainbows!
    comewhatmaysignature1_zps04fe51b2.jpg
  • Options
    Hinnoriel Hinnoriel Posts: 118 Member
    edited January 2015
    Plus simguruGrant said on Twitter this morning , "The Sims 4 is fine, don't worry". In response to a fan worrying about crap posted on the forms. Obviously he would know what was happening in the company and about delays since it effects him and his team. This is probably why they have been so tight lipped and haven't announced anything.
    comewhatmaysignature1_zps04fe51b2.jpg
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited January 2015
    Hinnoriel wrote: »
    Plus simguruGrant said on Twitter this morning , "The Sims 4 is fine, don't worry". In response to a fan worrying about crap posted on the forms. Obviously he would know what was happening in the company and about delays since it effects him and his team. This is probably why they have been so tight lipped and haven't announced anything.
    Can't help being reminded of this Monty Python sketch.

(starting at 0:45)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    DiabolicalSimDiabolicalSim Posts: 108 Member
    Better delayed and well made than rushed and terrible. I feel like I've already experienced the latter, now I want them to show us they can do amazing stuff to make this game better.
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    I'm not bothered about the delay. I'm happy playing the game with what I have now, for the time being. I'm looking forward to getting an expansion pack but I'm happy to wait if it means the devs have more time to really get the details right, and add all the little things that make the game feel special. I can understand that the company want the profits to fall in the next fiscal year. The way I see it... this can only be a good thing. The devs get more time, and we get a better expansion. :)

Plus, it gives me more time to save! I'd just like to get a few details about content and price in advance.
  • Options
    Kaylen34Kaylen34 Posts: 78 Member
    The game hasn't been out long. Why are so many disappointed about the delay? We ask for content, then complain when they want more time. I'm happy to wait.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top