Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Expansion Delayed to FY 2016

Comments

• Options
    anit314anit314 Posts: 44 Member
    This has to be a sick joke ...
  • Options
    DiancarockDiancarock Posts: 563 Member
    They NEVER gave an actual date, so it could very well be in January of 2016. Has a Guru confirmed when their actual fiscal year starts and ends? And really why are you guys looking at this as a bad thing? You'd rather them pump out expansions packs without the things that are missing riddled with bugs, or take it back to the drawing board? Patience is prudent if you want your money's worth.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,401 Member
    Diancarock wrote: »
    They NEVER gave an actual date, so it could very well be in January of 2016. Has a Guru confirmed when their actual fiscal year starts and ends? And really why are you guys looking at this as a bad thing? You'd rather them pump out expansions packs without the things that are missing riddled with bugs, or take it back to the drawing board? Patience is prudent if you want your money's worth.

Because we need more gameplay and places for our sims to go.. Also it s going to get boring waiting on a new info p for a year.

• Options
    Zolt65Zolt65 Posts: 8,272 Member

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiscal_year

United States

The United States federal government's fiscal year is the 12-month period ending on 30 September of that year, having begun on 1 October of the previous calendar year. In particular, the identification of a fiscal year is the calendar year in which it ends; thus, the current fiscal year is 2015, often written as "FY2015" or "FY15", which began on 1 October 2014 and which will end on 30 September 2015.

Prior to 1976, the fiscal year began on 1 July and ended on 30 June. The Congressional Budget and Impoundment Control Act of 1974 made the change to allow Congress more time to arrive at a budget each year, and provided for what is known as the "transitional quarter" from 1 July 1976 to 30 September 1976. An earlier shift in the federal government's fiscal year was made in 1843, shifting the fiscal year from a calendar year to one starting on 1 July.[26]

For example, the United States government fiscal year for 2015 is:
    1st quarter: 1 October 2014 – 31 December 2014
    2nd quarter: 1 January 2015 – 31 March 2015
    3rd quarter: 1 April 2015 – 30 June 2015
    4th quarter: 1 July 2015 – 30 September 2015

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
  • Options
    MrsTomato1018MrsTomato1018 Posts: 400 Member

On page 10 of their Q3 Results document, EA clearly states that their FY 2015 ends on March 31, 2015. I believe this was brought up at some other point in this thread, but companies don't have to follow the same FY calendar as the US federal government's FY calendar.
    Wait...I don't understand much about fiscal year...but in this link (page 8) http://files.shareholder.com/downloads/ERTS/3902847610x0x805236/66473734-6963-4CE5-8B6D-908F402331B1/Q3_FY15_Earnings_Slides.pdf
    TS4 is in Q2...does that mean between April to June?
    Check out my YouTube channel!
    You can find me on the gallery at MrsTomato1018!
    You can find me on Twitter @MrsTomato1018!
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member

EA has confirmed when their fiscal year starts and ends. That's simple enough to google if the links here with the official reports are buried.

I for one don't think the delay is a bad thing -- I think it has the potential to be a very good thing, but I'm not letting myself get my hopes up yet.

• Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Simulator4 wrote: »
    Zolt65 wrote: »

I still expect to see ep 1 by Fall at the latest.

That would be a YEAR since the base release. This game is a flop, why cant you admit that?

Why can't you at least entertain the idea that things might turn around.

He's apparently a pessimist and his glass is always half empty. LOL.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

That would be a YEAR since the base release. This game is a flop, why cant you admit that?

Are we allowed to name-call now?
  • Options
    Simulator4Simulator4 Posts: 652 Member
    Jimil wrote: »

So if she called me an optimist, would that be name-calling?
  • Options
    JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member
    Jimil wrote: »

So if she called me an optimist, would that be name-calling?
    Well that word never meant to be a bad word now, does it?
  • Options
    edited January 2015

And how has the actions of EA 'entertained the idea that things might turn around'?

Hmmm - EA just happening to have 2 - 3 month or more game delays in this years other new games and both of the delayed games are now being called games of the year. That in itself is encouraging.

But following the opposite of your lead, why can't you admit they are finally possibly going to fix the game - at least for the majority of complaints anyway. What makes you say they won't? If 3 months delays can make the other two games successes - why can't it happen to Sims 4 other than you don't want it to succeed perhaps?

The facts remain - we are all just guessing and sometimes it is just better to wait and see. I just know since the game first came out loud voices are proclaiming it needed delays and fixing - so they are doing just that. It's now time to wait and see. I try to be optimistic, and hope for the best.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options

Yeah, lets insult others Reg, just wonderful on your part.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
  • Options
    nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    Where is the official statement on this matter? The article has no link to the source and I can't find it anywhere.
  • Options
    SeamoanSeamoan Posts: 1,323 Member
    A whispering flake
    Winter winds blow strong and fast
    The simmers turn dark

:(
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member

We're is everyone getting the idea this ep is delayed for up to a year? It may be Summer or Fall of this year. They said fiscal 2016 not 2016.

Ok, please look at the dates. EVERY Sims game has released an EP within 6 months of base game release. Every game except Sims4.
    They have not given a date for the first expansion pack.

That is a major PROBLEM.

I know you really want this flop to succeed, but at what point does reality come into play?

Its not a flop to some of us and I think everyone misread that website and the report.

I did misread it earlier -- I thought it said after FY2016, but it said not until FY2016 -- which as I said just means it's not coming out in February or March. Could be as little as one or two months into the new FY.

Certainly, the game could be much better -- but to call it a flop is a bit exaggerated. I'm enjoying the game despite the limitations, and can see where it can improve. I'm actually enjoying it more than I did Sims 3 base game, which had very few places where Sims could go unless you wanted to watch a building for a few Sim hours. Sims 3 had grocery stores (rabbit hole), restaurants (rabbit hole) work places (rabbit hole), school (rabbit hole), library, gym, museum, parks and fishing spots. The only things they got rid of were the rabbit hole locations, and added bars, clubs and lounges. I don't mind rabbit holes for some functions -- I really have no desire to watch my Sims at work or school, and having some Sims in a rabbit hole gives me downtime to concentrate on the rest of the family who aren't in a rabbit hole. So in a sense, Sims 4 has more to do than Sims 3 because your Sim is actively doing things, not just cooped up in a rabbit hole.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    MrsTomato1018MrsTomato1018 Posts: 400 Member
    edited January 2015
    Where is the official statement on this matter? The article has no link to the source and I can't find it anywhere.

Here you go (bottom of page 6, top of page 7): http://files.shareholder.com/downloads/ERTS/3902847610x0x805234/BE08DDDD-026A-4C22-A1DC-0D5ECAF58B18/Q3_FY15_Earnings_Script.pdf

It was found originally by @qcfrusciante.

Check out my YouTube channel!
    You can find me on the gallery at MrsTomato1018!
    You can find me on Twitter @MrsTomato1018!
  • Options
    edited January 2015

Oh yeah right - reread recent posts and you tell me they are not pessimistic?

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options

Oh yeah right - like he hasn't done his share. Besides read many of his posts and you tell me they are not pessimistic.

Of course I am pessimistic. But you are now trolling.

Marcus Aurelius
  • Options
    I hate game delays.
  • Options
    I hope we still get something for the 15th anniversery and the valentine's day pack to spite this ep delay.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    MVWdeZT wrote: »
    I'm sure this has been mentioned in this thread, but FY 2016 begins April 1, 2015.
    Yep you are correct on that. FY 2015 will end March 31, 2015. So seems like the first EP will come somewhere between April 1, 2015 and March 31, 2016.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    mortiamortia Posts: 1,155 Member
    Glad to hear it. Wish they'd just been able to delay the entire release of the game till then to begin with!
  • Options
    DeadFishyDeadFishy Posts: 2,763 Member
    If there is no new content for the game until 2016 then I officially give up. I can't last on the game the way it is currently for more than 30mins. The social interaction is so effing boring.
    Go Raps!
    canada-flag-tiny.gif
  • Options
    DeadFishy wrote: »
    If there is no new content for the game until 2016 then I officially give up. I can't last on the game the way it is currently for more than 30mins. The social interaction is so effing boring.

There will be gamepacks I"m sure.
  • Options
    BudgieSimBoyBudgieSimBoy Posts: 139 Member
    edited January 2015
    My theory EA gave them a green light with a game pack they want to evaluate sales and how many people are logging into the game still before there is any money invested in an EP

IMO Postponing a game is a good sign, postponing an EP is not you lose momentum there is a reason most EP's hit the shelves at the six month mark and every Maxis Game has had it first EP released within the first six months.

Post edited by BudgieSimBoy on
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top