Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

🏑 Cath's Creations 🏑

Comments

• Options
    petalbotpetalbot Posts: 1,423 Member
    Hi Cath, Shady Brook cabin is outstanding. I really love how it blends with the surroundings; the landscaping is superb! Love how you made the pond. Great job! :D I will definitely favorite this.
    sigg.gif

• Options
    WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    @YJP19299, thank you for the very kind comments! Very much appreciated :D
    As for the DNA build, it is all finished and I now have to take pictures and play test. I've been working on a bunch of projects at the same time. It should be ready very soon. :)

@masajo, thank you so much for the wonderful comments! :D The brook is actually a pool that sims can really swim in. So exciting! It's nice that we can substitute the pool tool for the pond one and get twice as much from it, lol :p

@petalbot, thank you for the awesome comments! I really appreciate you stopping by for a look and for the fave! :D BTW, I am in Love with your builds! I will be following you once I get back in game. Gotta keep up with all your newest creations! :)
  • Options
    TheGreenLionTheGreenLion Posts: 1,635 Member
    Congrats on the favorite for Shady Brook Cabin, Cath! :)
  • Options
    VihishaVihisha Posts: 2,767 Member
    Hi Miss Cath...I truly love your builds...just thought I oughta' take the time 2 actually tell u that =)

-New Beginnings is a GREAT looking starter home 4 a truly wonderful price...I love the back porch & I love how the house is so inviting
    -I love the layout of 1st floor of Coastal Living...the dining room is so elegant. I think that the name u chose fits the look of this place so well
    - Wildflower Farm has a very neat wrapped around porch/deck..I like how u did that...& I love the garden area that u have set up as well. The cute little pond that u put out front is a nice touch
    -I never thought 2 double up on curtains like u did in Dark Manor..I might have 2 use that idea in future builds as I think that the game is lacking in window covering options...this may help
    -I'm really drawn 2 the living room in Greystone Legacy....I love the dark plum colored walls offset by the blue curtains etc
    -Great kitchen in A Christmas Gathering build...nice use of the cupboards
    -& lastly...I love the movement in the roof of Our 1st Christmas house...it's such a cute place

Hope u have a wonderful upcoming week...& can't wait 2 c your next build(s)
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    Zita1966zZita1966z Posts: 9,641 Member
    Shady Brook Cabin is lovely and the pond make is very real and the surroundings blend in so nicely. Great work girl
  • Options
    SummerFallsSummerFalls Posts: 6,413 Member
    Shady Brook Cabin is such a sweet and adorable build, I really love the attention to detail! And congratulations on the favorite by Maxis!
    ooh_zpseebomb8i.png
    Origin ID: SummerFalls
    House: Ravenclaw/Wampus - Wand: Alder wood with Unicorn hair core 10 ΒΎ" and Slightly Springy flexibility - Patronus: Neblung Cat
    | Simblr | Youtube | I love creating sims! |
  • Options
    @TheGreenLion, thank you for the Congrats, TGL! And Congratulations right back to you for your Maxis Faves! :D (*) (*) (*)

@rosemow, thank you so much Rose! :)<3<3

@Vihisha, thank you so very much for the wonderful comments!! It was so lovely of you to have a look at all of them! :D

@ReneVeronicaZita, thank you for your kind comments, Rene! I really appreciate you stopping by for a look! :)

@SummerFalls, thank you for both the lovely comments and for the Congrats! So nice of you to stop by for a peek :)
  • Options
    StoneFence Farm 6br, 5ba.
    Lot Size: 50x50
    Cost: $562,612
    No CC

Gallery Link

This is my first DNA Request for Sims 4. It's a large family home with 6 bedrooms plus nursery and 5 baths. The master suite is on the main floor along with large family kitchen, formal dining room, formal living room, separate lady's and man's drawing rooms and sun room with indoor garden. Upstairs, there are 5 bedrooms, 3 baths, exercise room and skill room. The back yard has a pretty shaped deck, outdoor kitchen, play area for the little ones, veg and fruit garden and gorgeous swim able pond with a waterfall.

01-21-15_10-13nbspPM_zpsbzdlb6oo.png
    01-22-15_9-51nbspPM-3_zps0mybqbbp.png
    01-22-15_9-45nbspPM_zpslhpeiypo.png
    01-22-15_9-51nbspPM-2_zpsa8sp0qv1.png

Views from above:
    01-22-15_9-39nbspPM_zps35wb9lit.png
    01-22-15_9-39nbspPM-2_zpslmznyohn.png
    01-22-15_9-40nbspPM-2_zpssour1wdf.png

Back yard:
    01-22-15_9-46nbspPM-2_zpsivicanse.png
    01-22-15_9-47nbspPM-2_zps7jvfsr9z.png

The front entrance with Lady's drawing room straight ahead:
    01-22-15_9-53nbspPM_zpshi4edj7d.png
    01-22-15_9-55nbspPM_zps9tj7hj30.png
    01-22-15_9-55nbspPM-2_zpsk7cecn2i.png

To the right is the formal living room:
    01-22-15_9-58nbspPM_zpsgsfg39y1.png
    01-22-15_9-58nbspPM-2_zpsm8x8hia0.png

Just beyond is the sun room with an indoor garden:
    01-22-15_9-59nbspPM_zpsi27eeh11.png

The man's drawing room is just to the left of the front entrance with the formal dining room straight off the back:
    01-22-15_10-01nbspPM_zpslwy2pzxc.png
    01-22-15_10-01nbspPM-2_zpsokfpp5o8.png
    01-22-15_10-02nbspPM-3_zpsn9qqxl5u.png

A large family kitchen is left of these rooms:
    01-22-15_10-04nbspPM-2_zps46ky0oqh.png
    01-22-15_10-05nbspPM-2_zpsllg0vs36.png

Master Suite with private bath and separate nursery is just past the kitchen:
    01-22-15_10-07nbspPM_zpsaztkjr56.png
    01-22-15_10-08nbspPM-2_zpstipdpack.png
    01-22-15_10-09nbspPM_zpsp3itlzad.png
    01-23-15_10-29nbspPM_zpshn82dnrz.png
    01-23-15_9-56nbspPM_zpshqzdfbio.png

Upstairs there are bedrooms for a young boy and girl:
    01-23-15_10-09nbspPM-3_zpsif6k6pva.png
    01-23-15_10-12nbspPM-2_zpstazueato.png
    01-23-15_10-13nbspPM_zps2mb3dcfb.png

Teen girl and teen boy:
    01-27-15_9-51nbspAM_zpsypakbsaa.png
    01-27-15_9-53nbspAM_zpsyr5jgxlj.png
    01-26-15_8-44nbspPM_zpset1cgh89.png
    01-27-15_11-21nbspAM_zpsxs50jksx.png

And a guest room:
    01-23-15_10-05nbspPM-2_zpsump587de.png
    01-26-15_8-49nbspPM_zpsrjbidseg.png

Exercise and skill rooms are on the second floor:
    01-26-15_8-48nbspPM_zpsas9ndr5w.png
    01-23-15_10-11nbspPM-2_zpshwzzyvue.png
    01-26-15_8-47nbspPM-2_zpsfduzzccs.png

Thank you for taking a look at my first DNA Request for Sims 4! :)

Good Night!
    01-23-15_9-10nbspPM_zpswpjijbsh.png
  • Options
    SummerFallsSummerFalls Posts: 6,413 Member
    Bahaha at the end comment! It's lovely that you took that picture at night for just that gimmick.

First of all, WOW. I love the landscaping for this house and the enlarged rose bush really does make a nice tree. I'm pretty much in love with all of the rooms and the outside areas of this lot!

This is getting a favourite from me :D
    ooh_zpseebomb8i.png
    Origin ID: SummerFalls
    House: Ravenclaw/Wampus - Wand: Alder wood with Unicorn hair core 10 ΒΎ" and Slightly Springy flexibility - Patronus: Neblung Cat
    | Simblr | Youtube | I love creating sims! |
  • Options
    Heehee @SummerFalls! :p I've been putting the night picture at the end of every build for a while now. I guess if we ever get Seasons, I'll have to add a "Merry Christmas" one, lol! :p

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments and fave! :)
  • Options
    YJB19299YJB19299 Posts: 5,801 Member
    Hey Cath, first of all, its cool that you are finally done with your DNA request, must be hard work to do this, but as long as it enjoy yourself, its good :D Now to StoneFence, its clearly awesome :D The whole interior is grat placed and I'm totally in love with the backyard <3 I'm pretty sure the requestor will love it :D
    c6fj8ujnodut.png
  • Options
    ehaught58ehaught58 Posts: 2,765 Member
    OH WOW, Cath! Another awesome build. As always, everything looks so perfect!!! :o
    fkgck4xkargo.png
    "If you build it, they will come." - Movie: Field of Dreams
  • Options
    suepeasuepea Posts: 1,832 Member
    Cath -- it's gorgeous! Your first Sims 4 DNA request build is amazing! I am definitely going to DL this baby. So many clever little touches -- I love the closets and the elegant bathroom. The little boys room with the night sky is so clever! Brilliant.
    h2xmsbl]
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,627 Member
    edited January 2015
    Stonefence Farm is a very nice home! :) Your requester will very much enjoy having their sims living in the home! Very nice exterior design of the home! The texture of the exterior and how you have placed the open shutter windows looks very nice. Very nice roofing. The dormers look nice. It looks so very nice how you have placed the plants and flowers on the edges of the curved pathways, on the edges of the home, on the edges of the front fencing and on the edge of the front porch! They look nice! The rocks around the base of the trees in the front yard looks nice. It looks nice how you have done the two front and front side steps entrances to the home. Very nice back area of the home! The shape of the back patio is nice and it looks great that you have three sets of stairs to go down from the patio. Nice outdoors kitchen nook for sims to enjoy cooking a meal or getting a drink from the bar counter and enjoy eating or drinking them at the umbrella covered table on the back patio. Sims will also enjoy sitting in the sunshine on the patio seats looking out at the nice views of the pond and waterfall or have fun playing chess. Great gated gardening nook area for sims to enjoy growing and harvesting plants in the garden boxes and planters. Very nice kids playground! It looks great how you have placed the pirate ship there with the water around it! Child sims will have fun swimming in the pool/ sea! They will have fun playing with the castle dollhouse, as well as enjoying doing art work on the art table and experiments on the science table. The animal toys look very cute there watching what is happening! It looks nice how you have used the hedge fencing around the playground and gated it off. Sims will enjoy painting outdoors in the sunshine on the easel.The swimmable pond is so very nice! Sims will have fun swimming there. The rocks and flowers look very nice how you have placed them around the edges of the pond. The rock waterfall is very nice! It looks great how you have done the pond into the corner. Very nice furnishing and layout of the interior of the home! The wall pattern on the entrance is nice, and the flowers on the side table and mirror on the side wall are nice for sims to see when entering the home. The lady's drawing room looks very pretty! The pink colour of the walls and the seating is nice. Very nice armchairs fireplace sitting area! Sims will enjoy sitting having a chat and a read in front of the fire. It looks nice how you have placed the bookcases either side of the fireplace, and the teaset on the table between the chairs and the clock on the fireplace ledge looks homely. The flowers on the ledge are pretty for sims to see when sitting there. Very nice study desk nook. The floral picture on the wall and flowers on the table create a nice atmosphere for when sims are sitting at the desk table using the computer. It looks great how you have positioned the lamps on the wall either side of the floral picture! Very nice furnishing of the formal living room! It looks nice how you have placed the sofas there for sims to enjoy sitting resting there having a talk and watching tv together. Very nice window music area. Sims will enjoy playing the piano with the sunlight coming on through the windows or enjoy sitting on the sofas or on the side wall armchairs listening to the music being played. It looks nice how you have placed the floor rugs in the room, and the grandfather clock and the lamps on the sofa edge tables are nice home touches there in the room. The clock, candles and butterflies picture looks nice on the fireplace ledge. Very nice sunroom! The plants, flower cart and flowers are very nice there. It looks very nice how you have placed the armchairs, and have the table with the teaset in the middle of them . The green colour of the seating is nice. It looks a very restful, calming and light filled room for sims to enjoy resting as well a growing plants. Very nice furnishing of the male drawing room! The brown colour scheme of the room looks very nice! Nice fireplace reading area, and sims will enjoy using the computer at the desk table with the sunlight coming in through the windows. Very nice dining room! The flowers on the dining table and the floral picture on the wall are nice for sims to see when dining there. The crockery display cabinets look nice either side of the fireplace, and the fire will keep the room warm whilst sims are eating there. Very nice design and furnishing of the kitchen! The white and yellow colour scheme of the kitchen is very nice! It looks very nice how you have placed the kitchen cabinets! The yellow wall pattern looks nice with the white colour of the furnishings. Great island bar stool counter, and nice eat in dining area for sims to enjoy eating their meals at the counter or at the dining table. The fruit bowl on the side table and the display cabinets on the walls add nice looks to the room. Very nice furnishing of the bedrooms! The master bedroom is very nice! It looks nice how you have placed the curtains there. Very nice fireplace armchairs sitting and reading area in the room! The bookcases look nice how you have placed and angled them on the sides of the fireplace. Sims will enjoy sitting chatting there. It looks very nice how you have placed the cabinets in the bathroom around the double sink alcove! The three combined mirrors vanity table and the curtained off bath tub alcove is very nice! The teddy and the animal pictures on the wall in the nursery look cute! Very nice colour schemes and wall patterns that you have used for the kids bedrooms and guest bedroom. The space and night theme of the young boys room looks great . The blue, pink, and black colour scheme of the teen girls bedroom looks very nice! It looks very nice how you have used the blue and black desk, bookcase and cabinets to create a study desk nook in the room! The creation of the study area looks great! The glassed doors clothes and shoes closets in the teen bedrooms are very nice! It looks very nice how you have placed the shelves and the items on them in the teen boys room! Very nice furnishing of all the bedrooms! Nice sitting and study areas in them. Sims will enjiy keeping fit using the fitness equipment in the gym or like doing wood crafting on the woodwork table. The blue and white floor tiling is nice.
    It is a very nice home! :)
  • Options
    GirklGirkl Posts: 254 Member
    Stunning! That is a LOT of house,and so,so pretty too....wow. I love the doubling up of curtains in the Master Bedroom,I like to do that too and can't tell you how happy I was when MOO arrived in Sims 4 lol. The whole build is just lovely,but if pushed I'd have to say that my personal favourites would be the rustic stone pool with the waterfall (so prettily landscaped) and the childrens play area- that is one lucky family of Sim children!
    "It's better to be over the hill than under it"
  • Options
    Wow Cath this is an amazing build! What a cool idea enlarging that bush into a flowering tree! I will definitely b adding this 2 my favorites =)
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    @YJP19299, thank you for your awesome comment! I hope the requester is happy too! :)

@ehaught58, thank you for your very kind comments, Ed! :D

@suepea, thank you so much for the wonderful comment and the DL, Sue! I hope your simmies enjoy! :)<3

@rosemow, thank you so very much for taking such a thorough look and for your lovely comments, Rose! You are one of kind, my sweet friend and I appreciate you from the bottom of my heart! :)<3

@Girkl, it is very nice to meet you! Thank you for your very kind comments! :D

@Vihisha, thank you for the lovely comments and fave! :D
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Coming Soon!!!

Just a little sneak peek of my next build. I just have to do a little editing and it will be finished! Hopefully up for tomorrow. :)

01-27-15_7-39nbspPM-2_zpsfrttveep.png

Post edited by WrathofCath on
  • Options
    Ooooooh! That's ANOTHER beautiful looking build...can't wait 2 c more pics..I shall b waiting =)
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,627 Member
    Your coming new build looks very nice! :) Very nice exterior design of the home! The layout of the build looks very nice! Very nice roofing! The flower box windows look pretty! It looks nice how you have used the columns in the front entrance area. The plants look nice lining the front pathway edges. The windowed dormers are nice.
    I will forward to seeing the finished home :)
  • Options
    CerryddCerrydd Posts: 471 Member
    Wow, that's grand! Looooove the landscaping, the tiny waterfall looks so cool! Love the flower you made with the carpets again, too cute. Master suite is gorgeous... and the bath tub with curtains is amazing. <3

Next build is already looking awesome too!
    What have I been up to lately? Cerrydd / #cerrydd in the gallery
  • Options
    CasseeCassee Posts: 3,710 Member
    Oh, Ms Cath!! Stonefence Farm is just breathtaking. Gorgeous colors and some amazing MOOing. Do you have trouble with MOO objects staying put?? WIP is wonderful. Looking forward to finished lot.
    The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time. Bertrand Russell
    sims4siggie2018_zpslw60zcgd.png
    Cassee's Corner: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/783956/cassees-corner-new-5309-memory-lane-wip-page-72/p1
  • Options
    BryonyRaeBryonyRae Posts: 5,181 Member
    Beautiful work, Cath! Love the exterior and landscaping, the water feature (of course), and you did a lot of great work in the interior. You had such a large amount of space to fill - I don't envy you all that work! I like all the variety of styles you used, and you always have so many great little details and touches that help really make the space come alive. :)
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
  • Options
    RyeCris16RyeCris16 Posts: 2,293 Member
    StoneFence Farm is ultimately gorgeous and grand! :D
    I really love your architecture. Very great roof-line and mixture of bricks and sidings. I also adore your landscaping very much, especially with your customized pond. Very great choices and placements of plants, and I also liked your hedging and pool. And your interior, very amazing and adorable! I like your eye-popping colorful design in every part of interior design.
    If @Chezsβ€Œ really loves it, I really love it too! I'm not sure I already faved it, but if not, I'm adding this to my faves. :D
    EA ID: RyeCris16 | Tags: #RyeCris16