Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Want EA to make better games? Stop buying them.

Comments

• Options
    JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member
    Well, I posted this on another thread but to me it is still relevant. So here goes:

Interesting that when someone expresses disappointment in the game they are told to "wait for the GP, EP, etc., it'll get better!" and once the GP is found to be less than what they hoped for the response is "why did you buy the game in the first place?" Cognitive dissonance much?
    6355539351165817472123749165_200.gif
    #TruthCoke
  • Options
    mrswoo5mrswoo5 Posts: 2,143 Member
    Darkslayer wrote: »
    There's only two kinds of people on these forums? Who knew! And here I was thinking people where complex and this community was made of all kinds!

I actually bought the game because I thought it was innovative, and hours and hours of gameplay has only reinforced that thought for me. I've never enjoyed playing a Sims game as much as I do TS4. Are there things missing? Totally! Do I think EA needs to do better by its customers? You bet! Just stop making assumptions about the people who play these games. Lots of people love TS4, and lots do not, and both have extremely valid reasons for those feelings.

I'm sorry that I seem to be one of the few who think engaging and charming Sims are more important than being able to watch them drive across town for five minutes (or drive for two minutes, get out, run up a hill, get into the car again, and drive some more), or make sure their shoes are the exact same shade of periwinkle blue as their hat.

I'm being a bit condescending here, and I apologize. I know that isn't all that people are missing. I'm just offended by the OP's assumptions and I felt like being a little snarky.

I am glad that you like the game. Some people do. But I think the majority of the people on here don't like the sims 4. EA is looking at that majority. That is why they released a free trial trying to get more people interested and want to buy the game. They have not had the sales with the sims 4 that they had with the other 3 games in the series. For the people like you that like the game, are there enough of you to make EA want to continue with making eps for the game. People lost interest in Medieval after 1 ep and that was enough for EA to let it fade into history. EA wants to make money. If they see that this game is not bringing in enough revenue, they may let the sims 4 fade away like Medieval.

Is this an artificial majority though? I do not deny for one second that the game doesn't have it's problems but when you think about the kind of atmosphere festering here in these forums is it any wonder there is a huge swing towards one particular side?

Heck - this thread alone is a prime example of the kind of BS that has been going on here. According to the OP I am apparently "against innovation" just because I like the dang game - like, wut?? That's news to me. I shouldn't be getting insulted over my personal preferences, especially when said personal preferences concern a blooming video game.

I look on the forums and all I see are the same type of nasty click-bait threads over and over again posted by the same people. It's rubbish and I feel as though a lot of people who DO like the game are being driven out by what this community has become.

I feel that is exactly the case. I don't particularly like being on these forums because they aren't entirely friendly towards people, like me, who happen to enjoy the game. It isn't as safe of an environment as people are being lead to believe.

^^ This. A million times this.

I agree if you like the game you are overlooked if you dislike the game your one of the gang.

• Options
    ZhakiraPZhakiraP Posts: 1,439 Member
    Mandylcd wrote: »
    There's only two kinds of people on these forums? Who knew! And here I was thinking people where complex and this community was made of all kinds!

I actually bought the game because I thought it was innovative, and hours and hours of gameplay has only reinforced that thought for me. I've never enjoyed playing a Sims game as much as I do TS4. Are there things missing? Totally! Do I think EA needs to do better by its customers? You bet! Just stop making assumptions about the people who play these games. Lots of people love TS4, and lots do not, and both have extremely valid reasons for those feelings.

I'm sorry that I seem to be one of the few who think engaging and charming Sims are more important than being able to watch them drive across town for five minutes (or drive for two minutes, get out, run up a hill, get into the car again, and drive some more), or make sure their shoes are the exact same shade of periwinkle blue as their hat.

I'm being a bit condescending here, and I apologize. I know that isn't all that people are missing. I'm just offended by the OP's assumptions and I felt like being a little snarky.

I am glad that you like the game. Some people do. But I think the majority of the people on here don't like the sims 4. EA is looking at that majority. That is why they released a free trial trying to get more people interested and want to buy the game. They have not had the sales with the sims 4 that they had with the other 3 games in the series. For the people like you that like the game, are there enough of you to make EA want to continue with making eps for the game. People lost interest in Medieval after 1 ep and that was enough for EA to let it fade into history. EA wants to make money. If they see that this game is not bringing in enough revenue, they may let the sims 4 fade away like Medieval.

Is this an artificial majority though? I do not deny for one second that the game doesn't have it's problems but when you think about the kind of atmosphere festering here in these forums is it any wonder there is a huge swing towards one particular side?

Heck - this thread alone is a prime example of the kind of BS that has been going on here. According to the OP I am apparently "against innovation" just because I like the dang game - like, wut?? That's news to me. I shouldn't be getting insulted over my personal preferences, especially when said personal preferences concern a blooming video game.

I look on the forums and all I see are the same type of nasty click-bait threads over and over again posted by the same people. It's rubbish and I feel as though a lot of people who DO like the game are being driven out by what this community has become.

I feel that is exactly the case. I don't particularly like being on these forums because they aren't entirely friendly towards people, like me, who happen to enjoy the game. It isn't as safe of an environment as people are being lead to believe.

I'm quoting you because I have seen you write this comment, or variations of it, several times. I understand that you are troubled, feeling that those who happen to enjoy the game are being driven out or that the environment isn't as safe as people are being led to believe, as you wrote above. I agree that there have been many unpleasant conversations about this game and I know that there are many people who feel apprehensive about posting here, about expressing their opinion. But, as I have said several times, that is true of people who are disappointed with the game as well. I recognize that there are people who are being unkind to others, when someone posts an opinion that is contrary to their own-but that happens to people on both sides of the argument. I think it bothers me when I see one "side" of this discussion calling out the problem as a one-sided problem. I guess I'm wondering why, if it bothers you that one side is being attacked and potentially driven out, why doesn't it bother you when the other side is attacked as well?

There are people on both sides of this debate who are unpleasant and uninterested in really having a conversation. These people are more interested in trying to drown out comments that they disagree with or to put someone down. There are people on both sides of this debate who are pleasant and open to discussion and willing to listen to an opinion that doesn't necessarily match their own-I think this is the majority of the people who post on this forum. If we are truly interested in trying to have an open and inclusive debate on this forum we have to try to have a more balanced view of what is going on. How can we have a productive conversation if we just continually blame the other side for all the problems?

The problems with the interactions on this forum are not based on how one happens to feel about Sims4, or any other Sims series. They are based on how some of us are responding to each other. If we are concerned that some Simmers are being driven out or made to feel uncomfortable about expressing their opinion, shouldn't we be concerned no matter what their opinion happens to be?

The problem is on both ends, but at the moment I for one feel like I have listned to how "the dissapointed" feel about it, how missunderstood they are, just as much as I can handle. In my eyes there´s a good bit of victimizing going on.

What I suggest is that we simply stop calling eachother out. Stop accusing eachother of having invalid feelings or invalid opinions simply because they are not compatible with our own. This is not directed at you, but to the community.

There is a lot of
    User A: "well I think the Sims 154488 is terrrrrrrible because of the mailboxes looking like pregnant cows!"

And then someone goes

User B: "They don´t look like pregnant cows in my game *inserts a gazillion pictures* they are beauuuuuutiful, look! You must have an eyesight problem!!!!"

And then someone else jumps in:

User C: "You , user A are wrong! The Sims 154488 is tha bomb because the sims do the tango on the roof and cuddles barefoot! Why didnt they put this in the Sims 285552??? It is nothing but a step backwards!!!! And thats a fact!"

User A: "You´re crazy! We don´t need no freaking barefoot tango dancing sims! Look at the mailboxes! In the sims 285552 they look perfect! That´s a step forward!"

User C: "I am dissapointed in the sims 285552, because with no tango I can not love it like I wanted to! You are just trying to cause trouble!"

User A: "I am not!!!!! I hated the sims 154488, I never liked it and now it´s my time to shine with perfect mailboxes!!!"

User D: "Now, User A, you have to understand that User C is very dissapointed and miserable and unhappy, so cant go around strutting your stuff saying how much you like the sims 285552, you have to understand that User C is hurting!"

User A: "....."

Well, it was funny when I did the dialogue with grandpa Simpsons voice :)
    53218870167_a5d450f1db_h.jpg
  • Options
    NanohurtzNanohurtz Posts: 280 Member
    mrswoo5 wrote: »
    I agree if you like the game you are overlooked if you dislike the game your one of the gang.

trollarmy.jpg
    Light the pitchforks, and sharpen the torches..
    ..we have a SIM advocate over here!! /roar!!

This ^ and lol. I was about to say the same thing. It was a matter of time before someone beat me to it followed by a group hug recommendation. I thought I was the only happy-go-lucky being ignored here. Thanks a million for making it known.
    Well, I posted this on another thread but to me it is still relevant. So here goes: Interesting that when someone expresses disappointment in the game they are told to "wait for the GP, EP, etc., it'll get better!" and once the GP is found to be less than what they hoped for the response is "why did you buy the game in the first place?" Cognitive dissonance much?

LOL!! omg well said!. Re-post approved <3
    Graciella_Base_Drama.jpg
    Bio: Architect - Interior Decorator - Celebetante
    Played: SimCity, SimAnt, SimEarth, SIMS1, SIMS2, SIMS3, SIM4 (oh gawd why?)
    Status: Ecstatic +40, Updating Rochelle of Kendleton - Episode II.
  • Options
    MandylcdMandylcd Posts: 1,713 Member
    ZhakiraP wrote: »

I'm quoting you because I have seen you write this comment, or variations of it, several times. I understand that you are troubled, feeling that those who happen to enjoy the game are being driven out or that the environment isn't as safe as people are being led to believe, as you wrote above. I agree that there have been many unpleasant conversations about this game and I know that there are many people who feel apprehensive about posting here, about expressing their opinion. But, as I have said several times, that is true of people who are disappointed with the game as well. I recognize that there are people who are being unkind to others, when someone posts an opinion that is contrary to their own-but that happens to people on both sides of the argument. I think it bothers me when I see one "side" of this discussion calling out the problem as a one-sided problem. I guess I'm wondering why, if it bothers you that one side is being attacked and potentially driven out, why doesn't it bother you when the other side is attacked as well?

There are people on both sides of this debate who are unpleasant and uninterested in really having a conversation. These people are more interested in trying to drown out comments that they disagree with or to put someone down. There are people on both sides of this debate who are pleasant and open to discussion and willing to listen to an opinion that doesn't necessarily match their own-I think this is the majority of the people who post on this forum. If we are truly interested in trying to have an open and inclusive debate on this forum we have to try to have a more balanced view of what is going on. How can we have a productive conversation if we just continually blame the other side for all the problems?

The problems with the interactions on this forum are not based on how one happens to feel about Sims4, or any other Sims series. They are based on how some of us are responding to each other. If we are concerned that some Simmers are being driven out or made to feel uncomfortable about expressing their opinion, shouldn't we be concerned no matter what their opinion happens to be?

The problem is on both ends, but at the moment I for one feel like I have listned to how "the dissapointed" feel about it, how missunderstood they are, just as much as I can handle. In my eyes there´s a good bit of victimizing going on.

What I suggest is that we simply stop calling eachother out. Stop accusing eachother of having invalid feelings or invalid opinions simply because they are not compatible with our own. This is not directed at you, but to the community.

There is a lot of
    User A: "well I think the Sims 154488 is terrrrrrrible because of the mailboxes looking like pregnant cows!"

And then someone goes

User B: "They don´t look like pregnant cows in my game *inserts a gazillion pictures* they are beauuuuuutiful, look! You must have an eyesight problem!!!!"

User C: "You , user A are wrong! The Sims 154488 is tha bomb because the sims do the tango on the roof and cuddles barefoot! Why didnt they put this in the Sims 285552??? It is nothing but a step backwards!!!! And thats a fact!"

User A: "You´re crazy! We don´t need no freaking barefoot tango dancing sims! Look at the mailboxes! In the sims 285552 they look perfect! That´s a step forward!"

User C: "I am dissapointed in the sims 285552, because with no tango I can not love it like I wanted to! You are just trying to cause trouble!"

User A: "I am not!!!!! I hated the sims 154488, I never liked it and now it´s my time to shine with perfect mailboxes!!!"

User D: "Now, User A, you have to understand that User C is very dissapointed and miserable and unhappy, so cant go around strutting your stuff saying how much you like the sims 285552, you have to understand that User C is hurting!"

I might not have written my thoughts out very well but I think what you wrote above is pretty much what I was trying to convey. Thank you for your response.
  • Options
    Shadoza2Shadoza2 Posts: 1,579 Member
    I'm neither a "buyer" nor a "restrainer" because I bought the game and I'm enjoying it a lot. Quite frankly I find it insulting that you are suggesting everyone who has bought the game is encouraging a company to innovate less:- I bought the game because the game appealed to me personally, not because "ZOMG SIMS!". I don't expect everyone else to go out and buy the game just because it's there but let's be realistic here shall we? Buying something because you like it isn't a problem and it should never be a problem.

I sort of agree with this, Darkslayer.
    I am neither a "buyer" nor a "restrainer." I did not purchase the game because I did not like the graphics or the animation. This has nothing to do with avoiding a game because other people found fault in it. It was not the right game for me and I didn't purchase it. Maxis is marketing TS4 at a different age group and a different player style then TS3, so I do not think they expected me to purchase it; therefore, they are not bothered by the fact that I didn't.
  • Options
    Shadoza2Shadoza2 Posts: 1,579 Member
    SimChic1 wrote: »
    I'm neither a buyer nor restrainer :) I did not buy TS4 and I did not wait on other people's reactions of the game to not buy it. I knew from the minute I saw the art style I would not be purchasing it any time soon.

Wonder what my title might be then in this case lol

Maybe at the end of it's days when it's on sale for 5 dollars and the CC community has flourished with realistic defaults I might buy it :)

@SimChic -- that sounds sensible. You can use that as a title if you want one. :wink:
  • Options
    ZhakiraPZhakiraP Posts: 1,439 Member
    ZhakiraP wrote: »

There is a lot of

And then someone goes

I might not have written my thoughts out very well but I think what you wrote above is pretty much what I was trying to convey. Thank you for your response.

I think you did a good job at it, I just had more to add :)
    53218870167_a5d450f1db_h.jpg
  • Options
    @ZhakiraP
    LOL!! ..IMO it's more like..
    Darth_Lackof_Trolling.jpg
    Graciella_Base_Drama.jpg
  • Options
    I wish I had been a "restrainer" instead of a "buyer" :\
  • Options
    hmae123hmae123 Posts: 1,912 Member
    I think Im both. I bought the base game as soon as I realized it was out which was in Oct. I did get the game pack as well but now I'll restrain from buying anything for a long time.

With sims 2 and 3 I always only allowed myself a certain number of EP's or just gets too costly. I'm excited now to have the ultimate collection on sims 2 so I can try all the EPs I never got before.
  • Options
    HephaestionHephaestion Posts: 1,445 Member
    the ea free sims 4 beg-athon doesn't bode well for the franchise. but the silver lining is that we'll all be free from this misery of the sims 4 debacle sooner than later.

it'll twist in the wind for a couple of years (which will be awesome sauce for you guys that lurve, lurve, lurve the sims 4 and the sims 4 et al.) before they let it go like the sims medieval flop and the latest simcity flop.

will ea learn from this? doubtful... but if you rub their noses in it enough then that'll just be less on the ground for their unwary customers to step in.
  • Options
    the ea free sims 4 beg-athon doesn't bode well for the franchise. but the silver lining is that we'll all be free from this misery of the sims 4 debacle sooner than later.

it'll twist in the wind for a couple of years (which will be awesome sauce for you guys that lurve, lurve, lurve the sims 4 and the sims 4 et al.) before they let it go like the sims medieval flop and the latest simcity flop.

will ea learn from this? doubtful... but if you rub their noses in it enough then that'll just be less on the ground for their unwary customers to step in.
    There was an article written from 2010 about them making 3 new titles after the success of Sims 3. I could feel it being Medieval, SimCity, and Sims 4 and all 3 flopped unfortunately. This is the 3rd time. Why does EA keep on making bad decisions?
  • Options
    Crunchie885Crunchie885 Posts: 529 Member
    Jimil wrote: »

I wish TS4 didn't need serial numbers so I could have returned it...
  • Options

I'm honestly thinking of giving my game away to one of my friends. Though I don't if that's possible with all those "serial numbers" and "account-locked game" whatever they're called.
  • Options
    Wildley CuriousWildley Curious Posts: 5,349 Member
    edited February 2015

I'm honestly thinking of giving my game away to one of my friends. Though I don't if that's possible with all those "serial numbers" and "account-locked game" whatever they're called.

You would need to contact EA/Origin and have the info taken off your account first. Then they should be able to register it themselves.

Editing this because I just re-read EA's TOS and it says that games are non-transferable. I suppose you could call EA and ask if they'd do it, but my info is incorrect as it stands. My apologies to those who "liked" my post.
    Post edited by Wildley Curious on
    “I was so sure that I knew what they needed and what I wanted to sell them that I never stopped long enough to find out what it was they wanted to buy.”
    ― Chris Murray, The Extremely Successful Salesman's Club
  • Options
    HephaestionHephaestion Posts: 1,445 Member

on steam you can let friends play your games. i don't think that's possible w/ origin, which is a shame... and a waste.
  • Options
    nilaniusnilanius Posts: 1,984 Member

I honestly don't think it will flap in the wind for a couple years. It's been 6 months and they've got a guru begging people to try the trial version out. I suspect this summer will be very interesting.
    tumblr_static_plumbob.gif
    My current feelings about The Sims 4. Here is hoping The Sims 5 can restore The Sims franchise.
  • Options

You would need to contact EA/Origin and have the info taken off your account first. Then they should be able to register it themselves.

on steam you can let friends play your games. i don't think that's possible w/ origin, which is a shame... and a waste.
    Ooh thanks for the info guys. I guess I can finally say goodbye to this game. I want it erased from my memory.
  • Options
    Wildley CuriousWildley Curious Posts: 5,349 Member
    nilanius wrote: »

I honestly don't think it will flap in the wind for a couple years. It's been 6 months and they've got a guru begging people to try the trial version out. I suspect this summer will be very interesting.

But hopefully not as "interesting" as last summer. This place was a war zone. I'd rather not go through that again...
    “I was so sure that I knew what they needed and what I wanted to sell them that I never stopped long enough to find out what it was they wanted to buy.”
    ― Chris Murray, The Extremely Successful Salesman's Club
  • Options
    nilaniusnilanius Posts: 1,984 Member
    Nanohurtz wrote: »
    @ZhakiraP
    <cut image>

You know... going around calling people trolls, isn't doing anything to help your side, and is only adding to the hostility of the forums. If you feel someone is trolling, just report them.
    tumblr_static_plumbob.gif
    My current feelings about The Sims 4. Here is hoping The Sims 5 can restore The Sims franchise.
  • Options
    Crunchie885Crunchie885 Posts: 529 Member

Ooh thanks for the info guys. I guess I can finally say goodbye to this game. I want it erased from my memory.

Lol you will never forget thia game no matter how hard you try. The Sims Online and Sim City still linger in the dark parts of my mind and soul.
  • Options

Lol you will never forget thia game no matter how hard you try. The Sims Online and Sim City still linger in the dark parts of my mind and soul.
    I've suffered enough pain and my innocence is long gone. I want it to stop.
    tumblr_mbehpaJ7DR1r8td9s.gif
  • Options
    JoBass24usJoBass24us Posts: 1,629 Member
    chrisauh wrote: »
    I see why people would like this game. Mostly newcomers to the series, because Sims 4 still contains the basic principles we all love. Now it's a different story for the loyal long term fans who expect expansion in the series.

I've been a simmer since Feb 2000, so I've been a long term fan and I enjoy ts4 quite a bit.

• Options
    nilanius wrote: »
    Nanohurtz wrote: »
    @ZhakiraP
    <cut image>

You know... going around calling people trolls, isn't doing anything to help your side, and is only adding to the hostility of the forums. If you feel someone is trolling, just report them.

I agree, and I have for your information. I never called anyone in particular a troll, and I am not sure where you drew that conclusion. A guilty conscious often prevails and does the work for me. You could have simply asked offline rather than make the assumption and inflame the situation by reacting publicly on this thread. It's this very thing that only validates my reasoning as to why things are the way they are. I don't need any help with my argument on the matter, they stand true and proven as I type this response - thank you. IMO people need to dial down the emotion, prior to posting. At the end of the day this is a game we are talking about here and not the cure for cancer.

Finally, as I said before on this and other threads. I am not going to allow the knee-jerk reactions of a few drive my opinions. * Peering through the shades * If you don't like what I have to say save everyone the discomfort and continue scrolling down sweetie and/or report me if it makes you feel better.
    Graciella_Base_Drama.jpg