Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Want EA to make better games? Stop buying them.

There are two kinds of people here.
-The people who bought the game and are disappointed by it, in which I'll call the "buyers".
-The people who waited for other people to buy it, saw their reactions, and did not buy it. I'll call them the "restrainers".

The more money EA & Maxis makes with a video game, the more they feel accomplished. Buyers support the company, rewarding their behavior and decision making. Restrainers do not support the company or there decisions.

If you are clearly upset by this game, then why are you planning on buying future expansions? You only motivate EA & Maxis to keep this behavior up.
Games in series should build on what the previous game had made, not remove half the features. With such a large company like EA & Maxis, they clearly have enough resources to create a bigger game than this. Even COD builds on their past games...they don't remove half the features the past game implemented into the series.

Who on earth thought putting more loading screens and removing the open world was a good idea? How on earth is removing toddlers a good idea/ Instead of adding new ideas, they focused on removing everything. The only thing they added was emotions to the game. Emotions are just a spin off of moodlets in TS3. They could have added more in depth personality types, traits that connect to other traits to create an ultimate trait with unique effects, get rid of ratholes, improve the career system (10 promotions, more decisions, situations, etc.), the ability to create realistic looking Sims (I mean it's 2015 already), implement a in-game user-friendly system to create mods for ultimate customization, upon plenty others. It's a life stimulation game, the potential for creativity is endless.

Comments

• Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Well, said, OP!

and welcome to the forums :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    chrisauhchrisauh Posts: 4 New Member
    > @IgnitedTobi1 said:
    > I will forever enable EA because I happen to enjoy this game.

You are entitled to your own opinion. Just be aware, you are promoting the lack of innovation into future Sim games.
  • Options
    IgnitedTobi1IgnitedTobi1 Posts: 926 Member
    chrisauh wrote: »
    > @IgnitedTobi1 said:
    > I will forever enable EA because I happen to enjoy this game.

You are entitled to your own opinion. Just be aware, you are promoting the lack of innovation into future Sim games.

tumblr_inline_nit3ewljLk1t7yqpd.gif

You bet, because I want this game to be as successful it has great potential to be.
  • Options
    HephaestionHephaestion Posts: 1,445 Member
    spot on. i was a buyer... now i'm a restrainer. never forget!

never-forget-122165000000bc.jpg
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    Darkslayer wrote: »
    I'm neither a "buyer" nor a "restrainer" because I bought the game and I'm enjoying it a lot. Quite frankly I find it insulting that you are suggesting everyone who has bought the game is encouraging a company to innovate less:- I bought the game because the game appealed to me personally, not because "ZOMG SIMS!". I don't expect everyone else to go out and buy the game just because it's there but let's be realistic here shall we? Buying something because you like it isn't a problem and it should never be a problem.

Of course not.

OP while I understand what you are saying it dismisses the complexity of the situation. I'm already boycotting further until I see much better from EA but I say this now:

EA I want you to reward our loyalty by showing us only the best that you and your talented team can create. I'm not interested in excuses-they don't win me over I am afraid. If you invest sufficiently and woo me as a customer I will reward you with riches-as will the community! But if we see more of this 'its too expensive' or 'too hard' people will think your product is too expensive and too difficult to bother with so youll lose us. Many of us have been your loyal customers for 15 years. That deserves proper respect and so does every single customer who has ever bought a sims game-from 15 years through to today.
  • Options
    SeamoanSeamoan Posts: 1,323 Member
    I'm a huge restrainer. I haven't pre-ordered a thing since TS2 Seasons and I only bought TS3 last summer when it was on the Steam sale.
    I got burned with TS2 Bon Voyage and SC2013 (never forget), so I don't trust anything.

Unfortunately though, I don't think my personal restraint has done a thing for innovation because I sure don't see them trying to win me back with TS4.
  • Options
    Allspice1232Allspice1232 Posts: 3,234 Member
    edited January 2015
    I will forever enable EA because I happen to enjoy this game.

I enjoy it too. I don't buy what I don't think I'll like anyway...and because of that, I've never regretted buying a game. Do your research before you buy. Always.
    34336_s.gif
  • Options
    HephaestionHephaestion Posts: 1,445 Member
    I'm neither a "buyer" nor a "restrainer" because I bought the game and I'm enjoying it a lot. Quite frankly I find it insulting that you are suggesting everyone who has bought the game is encouraging a company to innovate less:- I bought the game because the game appealed to me personally, not because "ZOMG SIMS!". I don't expect everyone else to go out and buy the game just because it's there but let's be realistic here shall we? Buying something because you like it isn't a problem and it should never be a problem.

Of course not.

OP while I understand what you are saying it dismisses the complexity of the situation. I'm already boycotting further until I see much better from EA but I say this now:

EA I want you to reward our loyalty by showing us only the best that you and your talented team can create. I'm not interested in excuses-they don't win me over I am afraid. If you invest sufficiently and woo me as a customer I will reward you with riches-as will the community! But if we see more of this 'its too expensive' or 'too hard' people will think your product is too expensive and too difficult to bother with so youll lose us. Many of us have been your loyal customers for 15 years. That deserves proper respect and so does every single customer who has ever bought a sims game-from 15 years through to today.

do they even have a "talented team" anymore? i thought that they fired a bunch of their staff. i wonder if they outsourced the programming to some bizarre place thinking that they could save alot of money.
  • Options
    sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    edited January 2015

This!!

I will never buy or not buy something just because someone tells me to/not to. I will do my research myself and make that decision on my own. Never understand these threads 1khML.gif
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    Do they even have a "talented team" anymore? i thought that they fired a bunch of their staff. i wonder if they outsourced the programming to some bizarre place thinking that they could save alot of money.

All of the SimGurus are talented.
  • Options
    JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Restrainer. No way they are going to see a penny of my money for anything. My wallet is glued shut when it comes to them.
  • Options
    nilaniusnilanius Posts: 1,984 Member

Of course not.

Yeah I agree on the boycotting Sims 4. But like I said, I still want the sims 3 expansions I lack just to finish the collection. Sims 4 can go burn in a fire for all I care. I will wait till they decide to re-earn their fan-base back with a proper sims title. And to express my boycott, my signature is my protest to The Sims 4.
    tumblr_static_plumbob.gif
    My current feelings about The Sims 4. Here is hoping The Sims 5 can restore The Sims franchise.
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    nilanius wrote: »

Of course not.

Yeah I agree on the boycotting Sims 4. But like I said, I still want the sims 3 expansions I lack just to finish the collection. Sims 4 can go burn in a fire for all I care. I will wait till they decide to re-earn their fan-base back with a proper sims title. And to express my boycott, my signature is my protest to The Sims 4.

I think you should invest in ts3 if you enjoy it @nilanius. Why deprive yourself? They will have to ask themselves why you are choosing to spend with ts3 over ts4. You could even come to feedback and tell them exactly why when you do.
  • Options
    chrisauhchrisauh Posts: 4 New Member
    I see why people would like this game. Mostly newcomers to the series, because Sims 4 still contains the basic principles we all love. Now it's a different story for the loyal long term fans who expect expansion in the series.
  • Options
    SimChic1SimChic1 Posts: 3,449 Member
    I'm neither a buyer nor restrainer :) I did not buy TS4 and I did not wait on other people's reactions of the game to not buy it. I knew from the minute I saw the art style I would not be purchasing it any time soon.

Wonder what my title might be then in this case lol

Maybe at the end of it's days when it's on sale for 5 dollars and the CC community has flourished with realistic defaults I might buy it :)
  • Options
    Allspice1232Allspice1232 Posts: 3,234 Member

Of course not.

do they even have a "talented team" anymore? i thought that they fired a bunch of their staff. i wonder if they outsourced the programming to some bizarre place thinking that they could save alot of money.

No, they didn't. They closed down one of their studios (the one in Salt Lake, which had only made a couple EPs for TS3 and some mobile games) and consolidated the sims staff into one building.
    34336_s.gif
  • Options
    sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    I see why people would like this game. Mostly newcomers to the series, because Sims 4 still contains the basic principles we all love. Now it's a different story for the loyal long term fans who expect expansion in the series.

I have been playing for 15 years. Still love it.
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    mrswoo5mrswoo5 Posts: 2,143 Member
    Loyal long term fan here and I'm really enjoying TS4, sorry I don't fit in any of your boxes.
  • Options
    DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member

I've played The Sims since day one. I don't think it has anything to do with whether you're a new fan or someone who has been with the franchise right from the start - I think it's all down to what your own individual expectations from the franchise were and how well the game caters to that.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited January 2015
    To op - would be great advice to almost any publisher but EA and Blizzard. In their cases they just throw the game out and stop making it. Which is fine if you play a lot of other games and not so fine if you just play this one. But these publishers games are not one trick ponies - they have lots of games. Shoot Blizzard didn't even do a double take when they loss a whopping 8 million subscribers. That is a lot more than just chunk change - but instead of doing anything - they just keep grinding out more of the same until they get tired of being dropped and just close up the whole thing. Also in Blizzards case they did bring back one game after casting it aside for what 13 years or so - so did EA with Sims City - casting it aside for 11 years - and then brought them back as full online. As for Blizzard other one it is still producing the game, oblivious to the loss of players.

They just enjoy pulling their games when we stop buying and then sitting on them so no one else can make them -

Now that strategy may work on Rockstar and Ubisoft but not so well on EA.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    VlaxitovVlaxitov Posts: 5,798 Member
    edited January 2015
    In all fairness this is the first truly bad sims game IMHO, so you don't get to call people battered wives until sims 5 is out and people buy it anyway despite it being bad.

Fool me once, shame on you.

Fool me twice, shame on me.