Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Inquisitr-"Did Maxis and EA Games just admit the game is a flop? "

Comments

• Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    Scobre wrote: »
    What I don't understand that even with the few months the Sims 4 has been around, EA still doesn't tell us what direction the Sims 4 is headed. It doesn't make me very hopeful for the future of the game or make me want to buy any of the GPs or EPs for it.

If I didn't spend a lot of time here I would have forgotten it exists

That to me is the worst thing - the game is becoming irrelevant because EA refuses to produce a true sequel. For them it's rpg or nothing. I choose nothing, myself, because this game offers me exactly that - nothing. And it hurts.

Yes this is what truly breaks my heart @GrayLady2010 and @06Bon06. And you know what? I have been busy helping people with issues with the demo-is that what someone with hate in their heart does? Of course not! I do it because I want others to have their own experiences. And I have been very careful not to influence any of them too-I told them you play then you tell me what you think and then I will share :)
  • Options
    SeamoanSeamoan Posts: 1,323 Member
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    What I don't understand that even with the few months the Sims 4 has been around, EA still doesn't tell us what direction the Sims 4 is headed. It doesn't make me very hopeful for the future of the game or make me want to buy any of the GPs or EPs for it.

If I didn't spend a lot of time here I would have forgotten it exists

Me too - and I only come out here a few times a month (if that).

I also think, based on the free trial and the lack of anything else, Maxis/EA knows that there is a serious problem. The forum is full of bored simmers venting and threads begging to re-evaluate the current game design strategy of the sims. I really think they are aware and, hopefully, listening to some of the criticism. Otherwise, we'll eventually disappear and so will the franchise.

:(

• Options
    hmae123hmae123 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Another article I came across. Perhaps this thread might have drawn attention? http://www.inquisitr.com/1787803/the-sims-4-free-trial-draws-more-criticism-for-maxis/
  • Options
    JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member
    Of course this game is gonna flop. It has an unbearable amount of furry fetish from its first game pack. Like who would buy that?

But look at what I've become:
    sally__s_boob_fur_finished_by_gradendine-d4go24x.jpg
    I blame EA
  • Options
    simIrrevirresimIrrevirre Posts: 763 Member
    Cyron43 wrote: »
    That's what I told you in other threads. No animal fur with this graphics engine. They'd have to revamp the whole thing.
    lol, for my inner eye I now see a TS4 bear with plastic fur, like the sim's hair, a big roaring plastic helmet bear :smiley:
  • Options
    nilaniusnilanius Posts: 1,984 Member
    hmae123 wrote: »
    Another article I came across. Perhaps this thread might have drawn attention? http://www.inquisitr.com/1787803/the-sims-4-free-trial-draws-more-criticism-for-maxis/

So basically was a follow-up. Yep, the future for Sims 4 does not look bright. People who liked it when it first came out, soon grew bored. Or had gameplay features changed midway through because apparently their way of playing is "The wrong way". I myself have 197 hours played, and I believe 50 of them is me trying to force myself to like the game, and 7 is me being in the game at the very end and saying "Okay... what is causing this issue I am feeling? I've defended this game so much, will admitting that I am bored make me seem like a hypocrite?"
    tumblr_static_plumbob.gif
    My current feelings about The Sims 4. Here is hoping The Sims 5 can restore The Sims franchise.
  • Options
    blueasbutterflyblueasbutterfly Posts: 3,425 Member
    Dear Sims 4,
    I think we may have more in common than I previously realized. I flop every chance I get, too. Lucky for me, I crash in appropriate places and don't flop on hard surfaces. There are, in other words, ways to flop more gracefully. Please let me know if you would like advice on this subject.

Love,
    blue
    toddlersig3_zps62792e0c.jpg
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited January 2015
    colton147 wrote: »
    LaAbby wrote: »
    I hope they can find someone with a Will Wright brain, someone that knows what the sims is about.

Honestly, there is one SimGuru left who worked on the Sims 1 if I am not mistaken. That SimGuru is the only one we have left that knows what the Sims is about. ;)

Not true - there are several, and even one of the former ones who worked on Sims 1 and Sims 2 (but not 3) even has his own game out with EA is back as well. But Lucy Bradshaw is probably who you are thinking of Colton and she was up there with Will Wright, Tim Letourneau etc from the early days. There is actually mostly devs from Sims 2 that went on to sims 3 and now Sims 4. I believe they are most strapped by the fact they must not make a new series a carbon copy of a former - but simmers actually want the former - so what they are allowed to do pretty much differs from what a lot of Simmers want I guess.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    Wildley CuriousWildley Curious Posts: 5,349 Member
    edited January 2015
    nilanius wrote: »

So basically was a follow-up. Yep, the future for Sims 4 does not look bright. People who liked it when it first came out, soon grew bored. Or had gameplay features changed midway through because apparently their way of playing is "The wrong way". I myself have 197 hours played, and I believe 50 of them is me trying to force myself to like the game, and 7 is me being in the game at the very end and saying "Okay... what is causing this issue I am feeling? I've defended this game so much, will admitting that I am bored make me seem like a hypocrite?"

Not to me. It's really emotionally hard to realize that someone - or something (like a business) - that you have trusted for so many years has not only betrayed you, but doesn't seem to care. I may not have cried when I finally let myself realize toddlers weren't in the game, but I wanted to. Still do, actually. You are not alone.

Edit: clarity
    Post edited by Wildley Curious on
    “I was so sure that I knew what they needed and what I wanted to sell them that I never stopped long enough to find out what it was they wanted to buy.”
    ― Chris Murray, The Extremely Successful Salesman's Club
  • Options
    Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    I guess they don't know themselves now.

This space is for rent.
  • Options
    Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    edited January 2015
    That's what I told you in other threads. No animal fur with this graphics engine. They'd have to revamp the whole thing.
    lol, for my inner eye I now see a TS4 bear with plastic fur, like the sim's hair, a big roaring plastic helmet bear :smiley:
    Exactly that and even the hardest fan wouldn't love it.

This space is for rent.
  • Options
    CursedDiceCursedDice Posts: 978 Member
    Looking for a new creative director? Hmm.. Who is the current creative director?

http://careersearch.ea.com/redwood-city/game-design/jobid5537106-creative-director-jobs
    In case anyone is interested.

There's a creative director!?
  • Options
    Wildley CuriousWildley Curious Posts: 5,349 Member
    edited January 2015
    CursedDice wrote: »
    Looking for a new creative director? Hmm.. Who is the current creative director?

http://careersearch.ea.com/redwood-city/game-design/jobid5537106-creative-director-jobs

I know right? I felt the same way when I found out that aliens exist...oh, wait...

Post edited by Wildley Curious on
    “I was so sure that I knew what they needed and what I wanted to sell them that I never stopped long enough to find out what it was they wanted to buy.”
    ― Chris Murray, The Extremely Successful Salesman's Club
  • Options

I know right? I felt the same way when I found out that aliens exist...oh, wait...
    J/K Lol

Creative director is a job title. Whether they are creative or can direct.......
  • Options
    SpradaciSprojSpradaciSproj Posts: 1,272 Member

J/K Lol

Creative director is a job title. Whether they are creative or can direct.......

Let's hope they are proficient at both if they're going to get anywhere near our beloved sims!
  • Options

J/K Lol

Let's hope they are proficient at both if they're going to get anywhere near our beloved sims!

Sometimes I'd rather not know things :'(
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    So you know... I went to youtube, and in my recommended list was this little jewel:

youtube video

It's satire, but oh man... it definitely is spot on in many regards. Except in terms of The Sims 4, they didn't pay off IGN, probably because there's a limit to what even they'd give a good review to. And Sims 4 exceeds that limit, and the developers knew this. So they denied all reviewers a copy in hopes of getting fans to fly off to fight over getting a copy. Sadly I was in the old man XD, but unlike the old man in the video, I'm not going to relook at sims 4, and fly back to that pile. I do have some standards after all.

Sims 4, just isn't fun. And why isn't it fun? Because it is an empty shell of a software pretending to be a sims game. And chances are it was released this empty so they can sell fans missing content and extras through DLC on origin. There's a point where we fans need to stop and say "NO. No more". I'm only going to buy the remaining sims 3 expansions, because that game is worth the money, and something inside me makes me have to complete the collection. I suspect it might be OCD or something lol.

Edit: some reason the forum was changing the youtube video to plum, so I had to shorten the url and post as a link, should be fixed now.
    My current feelings about The Sims 4. Here is hoping The Sims 5 can restore The Sims franchise.
  • Options
    blunote00blunote00 Posts: 18,476 Member
    @06Bon06 Good job keeping this thread on topic. There's some interesting discussion going on here. ;)
    Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
    US Links ► (TS3), Help for all things Sims (Answer HQ).
  • Options
    ENolanENolan Posts: 2,735 Member
    Sims 4, just isn't fun. And why isn't it fun? Because it is an empty shell of a software pretending to be a sims game. And chances are it was released this empty so they can sell fans missing content and extras through DLC on origin. There's a point where we fans need to stop and say "NO. No more". I'm only going to buy the remaining sims 3 expansions, because that game is worth the money, and something inside me makes me have to complete the collection. I suspect it might be OCD or something lol.

If only they went on sale at Steam anymore. Seems all of the deals on the sims games over there stopped after TS4 was released. There could be various implications behind that.
  • Options
    So you know... I went to youtube, and in my recommended list was this little jewel:

youtube video

It's satire, but oh man... it definitely is spot on in many regards. Except in terms of The Sims 4, they didn't pay off IGN, probably because there's a limit to what even they'd give a good review to. And Sims 4 exceeds that limit, and the developers knew this. So they denied all reviewers a copy in hopes of getting fans to fly off to fight over getting a copy. Sadly I was in the old man XD, but unlike the old man in the video, I'm not going to relook at sims 4, and fly back to that pile. I do have some standards after all.

Edit: some reason the forum was changing the youtube video to plum, so I had to shorten the url and post as a link, should be fixed now.

My favorite part happens at 2:33 of the video - it's what I've said for months now was their plan all along.
  • Options

youtube video

My favorite part happens at 2:33 of the video - it's what I've said for months now was their plan all along.

Yep, when I saw that I was all "OMG... this is so what is happening with Sims 4 right now!". They really are making people buy missing content that should of been in the game from the start, from origin as "game packs" lol
  • Options
    JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member

Nope not a hypocrite, just needed a bit longer to see the light. I know you tried to enjoy it Nilanius, it is truly to bad it is not the game we were hoping it would be.
  • Options
    JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    I guess they don't know themselves now.

Someone broke the Magic 8 ball. They have no idea where to turn for their answers now. :|
  • Options
    edited January 2015

Yep, when I saw that I was all "OMG... this is so what is happening with Sims 4 right now!". They really are making people buy missing content that should of been in the game from the start, from origin as "game packs" lol

Exactly. It also speaks to what others have mentioned about not understanding who their true customer base is.

I also believe what others have previously said re EA banking on tweeners & microtransaction-type players coming aboard the USS Sims in droves. They felt us older simmers were too old to be considered in their vision - I mean I'm 52; I couldn't possibly still be interested in gaming. :unamused: Plus, most people I know that are my age aren't into microtransaction-type games, so we didn't fit their vision yet again.

Unfortunately for them, there are plenty of us old fogeys that are still keen enough of mind to understand economics.

Edit for typo that caused plum censor
  • Options
    VlaxitovVlaxitov Posts: 5,798 Member
    edited January 2015
    My only problem with that EA video at this point is it needs to be updated to show that Valve is every bit as bad now a days.

As a matter of fact, TS4 is ten times more complete than 75% of the newly released games on Steam lately.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top